PDA

View Full Version : Search Time

Shrukan
2007-09-24, 07:42 PM
How come there is a 300 second delay between searches? I think that is a bit much no? Even my forum don't have that. :/ *shrugs*

Gaelbert
2007-09-24, 07:45 PM
If I remember correctly, it has something to do with bandwidth, I believe. But I'm no computer person, so I could be wrong.

Shrukan
2007-09-24, 07:50 PM
If its about the bandwidth problem, I have no problem right now, lol. Its fine if its that reason.

adanedhel9
2007-09-24, 08:53 PM
That's exactly right. Various features of the board software have been limited or simply disabled for bandwidth reasons.

Rawhide
2007-09-25, 09:08 AM
It has absolutely nothing to do with bandwidth usage and absolutely everything to do with resource usage. We were faced with two issues, monthly transfer (unfortunately the term has been mixed with monthly bandwidth, even by the hosting company) and server resources.

Searching is one of the biggest resource hogs of all. Rather than disable it, as we would very much like to encourage people to use the search feature rather than create duplicates or start asking "has anyone seen this thread/post?", we opted to implement a delay, the delay later had to be increased.

Shrukan
2007-09-25, 03:40 PM
Ah. Thanks for explaining. It doesn't really bother me much since I stay in the Town mostly. Thanks again.

tannish2
2007-09-25, 05:12 PM
actually the moderator is incorrect. its a ninja attack. ninjas have hijacked the GITP server and increased search delays so they cant be find, then they brainwashed the people who would (if it wasnt ninjas) know what was going on, so they think THEY changed the delays.

Green Bean
2007-09-25, 05:15 PM
actually the moderator is incorrect. its a ninja attack. ninjas have hijacked the GITP server and increased search delays so they cant be find, then they brainwashed the people who would (if it wasnt ninjas) know what was going on, so they think THEY changed the delays.

Are you a bad enough dude to rescue the forums?

Fax Celestis
2007-09-25, 06:57 PM
Are you a bad enough dude to rescue the forums?

OMG I'm not the only person who's played that horrible, horrible game. :smalleek: