PDA

View Full Version : Reinforced robes?? Chahar-aina and Dastana alone??

animewatcha
2019-01-23, 01:27 AM
Recently saw few old threads about how robes or 'monk's outfit' treated as AC 0 for enhancement and thing. Reinforcement property is from dragon 358. It goes into reinforcing a suit of armor. Doesn't say a specific type, allowing for 'any armor' to technically be reinforced. It goes on for pricing guidelines to be 800 for light armor, 1000 medium and 1200 heavy. Monk's wear robes for 'unarmored' but robes themselves should be reinforceable, right? If so, what kind of pricing guideline would it be for the robe ( i know under 800 due to light armor )

Chahara-aina and dastana mainly talk about being worn with padded, leather, and chain shirt armor. What about wearing them without the armor? Like say, a 'reinforced robe'.

Could a monk ( with appropriate proficiencies gotten somehow ) be able to benefit from Chahara-aina, dastana, AND reinforced robe all at same time. Still keeping his wisdom and level based ac bonus.

sleepyphoenixx
2019-01-23, 04:57 AM
Chahar-Aina are medium armor, dastana are light armor. So that's a no on monks using them and still getting their wis to AC.
As for the reinforced robe that bit about counting as AC 0 comes from the Magic Vestment spell "for the purposes of this spell". It's not a general rule.

Even if you houserule in reinforced robes i'd argue that they clearly count as armor, being, you know, actually armored. That's basically what Padded armor is after all.
Enchanted robes are fine, but at that point you're just using Bracers of Armor in a different slot.

schreier
2019-01-23, 09:46 AM
I am not sure if Chahar-aina and Dastana are actually medium/light armor ... You need those proficiencies, so it is logical, but it is not clearly stated that it counts as those armors.

Also, by RAW, it can only be worn with padded, leather, or chain shirt

In the table it is listed under shields and other additions. So you could treat it as a shield, or as medium/light armor