PDA

View Full Version : Race with extra 5 ft step

Larbek24
2019-01-23, 01:10 PM
Hi,
I hope that this is the right place to post this.
I once saw a race that had the ability to do a second 5 ft step but I can't find it anymore.
I think that it wasn't homebrew but maybe I'm just remembering it wrong.

Does anybody know/saw a race that can do an additional 5 ft step?

Ruethgar
2019-01-23, 01:14 PM
Well, Dvati can, but I don’t think that’s what you’re going for. Technically any race with a bonus feat could take Evasive Reflexes which is similar. I’ll let you know if I think of another.

Larbek24
2019-01-23, 01:24 PM
No, the dvati weren't the race but thanks.
The thing is that I saw that race and thought that it was perfect as a scout because of skirmish.

The Viscount
2019-01-23, 07:46 PM
No such race exists in first party books (though I can't rule out something in Kalamar or Dragonlance expansions, or in Dragon/Dungeon Magazine).
There exist ways to accomplish something similar. Grod's scout handbook (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?473666-New-Scout-Handbook) has a number of them.
7 Levels of Elocator will also let you accomplish this.

WhamBamSam
2019-01-23, 11:34 PM
Oriental Adventures has a rule that you can take a 10-ft step instead of a 5-ft step if you make a DC 40 Tumble check. There may be a race that can help jack up Tumble checks.

Thurbane
2019-01-24, 01:37 AM
Someone probably needs to make a 5 ft step handbook, unless one already exists (couldn't turn one up with a quick search).

To the OP: I say with some fair degree of certainty, that unless it is buried in an issue of Dragon Magazine, the race in question was either homebrew or from a 3rd party supplement. It definitely sounds like the kind of thing that would pop up on D&D Wiki...

Larbek24
2019-01-25, 04:19 PM
Thanks for the information.
Still can't find the race (searched the whole dandwiki). Maybe I missread something or it was homebrew and got deleted.

And I think the best we have that is nearly a 5 ft step handbook is the thread [3.X/PF] Ways to get Pounce or Free Movement
(I can't post links now, to low post count)