PDA

View Full Version : Weapon Augmentation Crystals -- hitting incorporeal / Magic DR?

schreier
2019-01-23, 01:58 PM
Do weapon augmentation crystals allow you to strike incorporeal like magic weapons? Do they overcome magic DR?

I know only least work on non-magic items ... do they effectively render those weapons magical for those purposes?

Kelb_Panthera
2019-01-23, 08:11 PM
There's an argument to be made either way on the incorporeal question but it's a hard "no" in the DR. DR X/ magic requires a +1 or greater enhancement to bypass. The magic weapon spell gets you there but an augment crystal does not

KillianHawkeye
2019-01-23, 09:38 PM
I believe there is a weapon augment crystal which grants ghost touch. No other crystal will help a weapon strike an incorporeal target.

schreier
2019-01-24, 01:36 AM
Kelb - good catch on the DR - that's clear, you're right. As far as incorporeal, I do not think it's so clear. Other than True death, crystals don't remove the miss chance on incorporeal obviously, but it seems like arguments can go either way on the potential to hit at all (with the 50% miss chance), since the weapon does have some magical ability after having the crystal placed on it.