PDA

View Full Version : Speculation Artificer to include XGTE Spells?

tmjr6
2019-01-23, 10:17 PM
I was scrolling through the Eberron AL documents on a whim and noticed this passage.

"Your 1st-level character is created using any race and class options in the Player’s Handbook, Xanathar’s Guide to Everything, and the Wayfinder’s Guide to Eberron. Bugbears, goblins, and hobgoblins from Volo’s Guide to Monsters are also available for use. No other resources are available—even if other campaign documentation (i.e., certs) otherwise allow it."

So, does that mean that the Artificer might be compatible with XGTE spells if it gets included in the Wayfinder's Guide to Eberron, which I believe they plan on doing?

Griswold
2019-01-23, 11:27 PM
What about that quote suggest that they will or won't be compatible?

I haven't seen anything to suggest that the rules designers pay attention to Adventurer's League at all.

ProsecutorGodot
2019-01-23, 11:36 PM
What about that quote suggest that they will or won't be compatible?

I haven't seen anything to suggest that the rules designers pay attention to Adventurer's League at all.

I assume it's because there's no "Artificer Spell List" in Xanathar's Guide to Everything so whether or not an Artificer would have access to those spells would be up for debate.

To OP, WoTC tends to reprint some material for new sourcebooks (some content from SCAG being available in XGtE for example) and if Artificer does make it into any official printing of an Eberron themed sourcebook, it will probably reprint spells not available to them through the Players Handbook or Basic Rules.

Eriol
2019-01-24, 07:11 AM
I would submit that they are probably just opening races up, not spells, kind of like how backgrounds from anywhere (even custom) are OK. So unless they mark otherwise, the usual hated PHB+1 rule for spells is still in effect for AL, whereas home games go nuts.

PeteNutButter
2019-01-24, 10:43 AM
You’re overthinking it. Eberron AL does not have the +1 rule. They just have a shorter list of available options. You can totally be a goblin gloom stalker or anything else within those resources that would be disallowed in standard AL.

I’d say let’s see how the next artificer turns out before we get excited. They have a tendency to over nerf things...