PDA

View Full Version : Full dread necromancer

Lasherofpk
2019-01-26, 12:26 AM
I need a lvl 17 full (human) dread necromancer that will be going lich. The starting stats can be put anywhere. 18, 16, 14, 14, 12, 10. I cant figure out how to do the skills or starting gear. Can anyone help me make a new 3.5 character. My DM wont help me.

Deophaun
2019-01-26, 12:59 AM
18 goes to Cha, no questions asked. Next are Constitution (because you're not undead yet) and Dex (being able to hit things with your rays is useful). Int for the skill points. Then Strength and Wisdom.

Now, for skills and gear, we really need to know the optimization level of your group, which involves sources allowed (particularly, is Dragon Magazine content allowed? What about setting specific). This can be bog standard stat gear and base armor, or we unlock the fun that is UMD and go diving through obscure tomes to finagle any spell onto your limited spell list, making you like a spontaneous Wizard more than a Dread Necromancer.

Otherwise, Spellcraft and Concentration are the only other obligatory, with a few ranks for Knowledge (Religion) for the Turn Undead synergy.

What about minionmancy? How many undead do you want? What are your restrictions for how many minions you have at the start and their type? I'm a big fan of Corpse Creature Bar-lguras for their abduction ability, which turns them into an at-will greater teleport taxi.

Blackhawk748
2019-01-26, 01:50 AM
18 goes to Cha, no questions asked. Next are Constitution (because you're not undead yet) and Dex (being able to hit things with your rays is useful). Int for the skill points. Then Strength and Wisdom.

Now, for skills and gear, we really need to know the optimization level of your group, which involves sources allowed (particularly, is Dragon Magazine content allowed? What about setting specific). This can be bog standard stat gear and base armor, or we unlock the fun that is UMD and go diving through obscure tomes to finagle any spell onto your limited spell list, making you like a spontaneous Wizard more than a Dread Necromancer.

Otherwise, Spellcraft and Concentration are the only other obligatory, with a few ranks for Knowledge (Religion) for the Turn Undead synergy.

What about minionmancy? How many undead do you want? What are your restrictions for how many minions you have at the start and their type? I'm a big fan of Corpse Creature Bar-lguras for their abduction ability, which turns them into an at-will greater teleport taxi.

I disagree, put hte 10 there cuz all you're doing is wasting stat points otherwise. Besides, you should be standing behind a giant wall of undead meat, so they shouldnt be getting to you in the first place.

As for minions, Zombie Hydras are a classic.

RedMage125
2019-01-26, 09:55 PM
The feat Tomb Tainted Soul will become moot once you're undead, but until then, you have no means to heal yourself. If you take the feat, negative and positive energy affect you like you're undead. Which means you can heal yourself with inflict spells, or at-will with Charnel touch out of combat. So within a few rounds time after any given combat is over, you should be at full health.

Deophaun
2019-01-26, 10:52 PM
The feat Tomb Tainted Soul will become moot once you're undead, but until then, you have no means to heal yourself.
Shroud of undeath.

However, you can retrain the feat at level 20 if you don't want to go that route.