PDA

View Full Version : Grenades

Jeivar
2019-01-26, 07:45 AM
I'm cobbling together a Star Wars game, using the oWoD d10 system as a base. I'm currently working on statting out the weapons and general equipment, but it dawned on me that I have no idea how to handle grenades. Can anyone suggest a relatively simple way to calculate a grenade throw? I can't just have it be "success=right at his feet, max damage/fail=right at your own feet, max damage".

Unavenger
2019-01-26, 08:08 AM
I'm cobbling together a Star Wars game, using the oWoD d10 system as a base. I'm currently working on statting out the weapons and general equipment, but it dawned on me that I have no idea how to handle grenades. Can anyone suggest a relatively simple way to calculate a grenade throw? I can't just have it be "success=right at his feet, max damage/fail=right at your own feet, max damage".

Check out D&D 3.5's rules for splash weapons (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/combat/specialAttacks.htm#throwSplashWeapon). Though I do find it a little odd that your opponent's dexterity can cause the attack to fall short or go sideways (and it can also miss and land further away than its maximum range) the rules there are solid enough to use (and both of those weirdnesses are explicable in-universe as batting the grenade away or it bouncing further than you could normally throw it).