PDA

View Full Version : Building a Changeling Chainlock

Mercurias
2019-01-26, 11:22 PM
I'm building a character for a second campaign, and I was given permission to play a Changeling.

The premise of the character is that they were operating as an agent under the protection of a member of the government. The government contact was found dying and initiated the pact FOR the changeling as a last-ditch effort to both complete their mission and fulfil his promise of keeping the Changeling safe.

The Patron is one who has worked with a number of the crown's agents. I was thinking Fiend would be most appropriate, as a demon would be both honorable enough to keep its word and dark enough to enjoy deception, skullduggery, and assassination.

I was considering running Pact of the Chain and play as a Stealthy, Shapeshifting Sniper with skill proficiencies based on using Charisma for Deception, Persuasion, and occasionally Intimidation. I was going to run Thieves' Tools for the Divergent Persona's specialty and use the Criminal/Spy Background to pick up the needed skill proficiencies to act like a Party Face and backup Rogue.

We're using Point Buy for Stats, and we're starting at level 3.

How would you build this guy? Would you use a different patron?

Teaguethebean
2019-01-26, 11:37 PM
Personally I think Fey or goo fit far better mechanically for what you are trying to do and also as a feindlock a devil makes more sense than a demon. For stats probably go high dex, obviously take skills like deception, persuasion, and insight