Nature bond: weather domain
Abilities

str 14
dex 10
con 14
int 10
wis 16
cha14

Feats: improved initiative, spell focus (evocation)
Traits: storm pilot, affinity with elements (air), beast of society. Drawbacks: Haunting regret

Ok ok, I know I'm unoptimized, i would have been better with 14 dex, str dumped and wis higher, BTW i want to specialize a little in blasting and control spells, without giving up on druid's versatility (that's why i kept a little str, so that i can eventually use a combat wild shape form)
Any suggestion for further development? My plan ATM is something like this:

1th: improved initiative, spell focus (evocation)
3th: rime spell
5th: natural spell
7th: greater spell focus (evocation)
9th: spell penetration (or maybe planar wild shape?)

I'd like to get room for the "summon guardian spirit" feat, but i fear I won't use it too much anyway because of action economy

What wild shape and summon options do you suggest that fit in a norse setting?

Helluin
2019-01-27, 01:43 PM
Druid has ball lightning so maybe consider Dazing Spell (or a rod) and persistent spells (picked up as a feat) at some point.

Are you allowed to swap your trait? Swap one out for magical lineage (Ball Lightning).

Rime Spell goes really well with Winter’s Grasp, but you might already know that.

For Norse theme, consider using Entice Fey to enlist a nuckelavee. I believe there are more Fey creatures out there that fit the criteria.

Selion
2019-01-27, 01:50 PM
Druid has ball lightning so maybe consider Dazing Spell (or a rod) and persistent spells (picked up as a feat) at some point.

Are you allowed to swap your trait? Swap one out for magical lineage (Ball Lightning).

Rime Spell goes really well with Winter’s Grasp, but you might already know that.

For Norse theme, consider using Entice Fey to enlist a nuckelavee. I believe there are more Fey creatures out there that fit the criteria.

I knew about the ball lightning/dazing spell combo, but i fell like cheating using it :D
The winter's grasp/rime spell combo is fine and fits well with other spells that require reflex saves, because entaglement reduces dexterity
Thank you for the nuckelavee, i didn't know this creature, it fits very well with my character, because of the wind/aquatic concept

Kurald Galain
2019-01-27, 01:53 PM
The best way to blast is to dip one level into sorcerer, for +2 damage per die with your favorite element.

I suggest tweaking your stats; a blaster druid has no need for str or cha, and can use a better dex and wis. Better to be good at one thing than average at two; and 14 str (and no feat support) doesn't make you a good wildshaped combatant anyway.

Selion
2019-01-27, 02:12 PM
The best way to blast is to dip one level into sorcerer, for +2 damage per die with your favorite element.

I suggest tweaking your stats; a blaster druid has no need for str or cha, and can use a better dex and wis. Better to be good at one thing than average at two; and 14 str (and no feat support) doesn't make you a good wildshaped combatant anyway.

Uhm, what bloodline gives you +2 damage per die? I know that draconic and orc bloodlines give you +1 per die
ATM arcane spellcasting is not allowed, but i'm confident as the story develops a little the master may allow me a level dip.

EDIT: crossblood, ok! :D

Geddy2112
2019-01-28, 12:23 PM
If you are going with rime spell, why affinity for air instead of cold? You can always go intensified spell akin to the magus trick. Put it on snowball(pre eratta where it staggers) or your other blast of choice. Magical lineage is a dang hard trait to pass on for a free intensified or rime spell on your blast of choice.

I am not sure storm pilot is all that worth it, with a good enough fly skill you can generally pass fly checks outright. Most animals you turn into have average or better maneuverability, and with decent dex you are going to be alright. Not a bad idea for higher levels when you are flying around in tornados, might be worth additional traits as a feat....You might be able to push spell penetration back to 11, SR is not all that common before that and when it is it's pretty manageable. Being a blaster I see the use. For wild shape, turning into a raven is probably your best norse flight choice-fly around, blast, win. Any of your larger Scandanavian animals are your best summons; wolves are good low level trip, anything with antlers can gore, bears grab, and any megafauna options are on the table.

Second putting strength and cha at 10. I can see leaving cha at 14 and int at 10 if you are gonna dip sorcerer to at least use those spells and abilities, and buffing wild shape. Dex needs to be one of your stronger stats without question, for ranged touch attacks. Bad touching is still touch and works fine on S10 and 3/4th bab.

Also, ever considered being a winter witch if you wanna cold blast? Just asking :)

Selion
2019-01-28, 01:35 PM
If you are going with rime spell, why affinity for air instead of cold? You can always go intensified spell akin to the magus trick. Put it on snowball(pre eratta where it staggers) or your other blast of choice. Magical lineage is a dang hard trait to pass on for a free intensified or rime spell on your blast of choice.

I am not sure storm pilot is all that worth it, with a good enough fly skill you can generally pass fly checks outright. Most animals you turn into have average or better maneuverability, and with decent dex you are going to be alright. Not a bad idea for higher levels when you are flying around in tornados, might be worth additional traits as a feat....You might be able to push spell penetration back to 11, SR is not all that common before that and when it is it's pretty manageable. Being a blaster I see the use. For wild shape, turning into a raven is probably your best norse flight choice-fly around, blast, win. Any of your larger Scandanavian animals are your best summons; wolves are good low level trip, anything with antlers can gore, bears grab, and any megafauna options are on the table.

Second putting strength and cha at 10. I can see leaving cha at 14 and int at 10 if you are gonna dip sorcerer to at least use those spells and abilities, and buffing wild shape. Dex needs to be one of your stronger stats without question, for ranged touch attacks. Bad touching is still touch and works fine on S10 and 3/4th bab.

Also, ever considered being a winter witch if you wanna cold blast? Just asking :)

You are totally right about str, dex and cha, expecially about dex, but i just don't want to optimize too much, i'm fine this way, i don't even know if i will dip in sorcerer or not, but i appreciate the suggestions the same.
Regarding affinity for elements i cannot choose cold, it's air, water, earth or fire and i really don't need high CD on cold spells, i just need to proc entanglement and than switch to ball lightning, scirocco and other blasts. Our master banned arcane casting so i couldn't pick winter witch (it's because of the historical/fantasy setting, i got the impression that some classes may be unlocked later, he seems a reasonable person, though, so if i find a nice reason to dip in sorcerer he would be probably fine)

Geddy2112
2019-01-28, 02:37 PM
I constantly forget this is one of the few times we have earth/wind/fire/water instead of acid/electricity/fire/cold damage. I suppose that increasing the DC of air spell saves is decent, but again, if you want to proc entangling via rime spell having a go to freebie spell to cast it on is pretty strong.

If you are going to go low dex higher strength, you might want to consider heavy armor and wild enchantment. At lower levels, a suit of horn lamellar or hide armor is thematic and decent backup protection. Throw on a shield as well, you can make it one of the circular viking ones to fit the campaign or a buckler. Armor does not help in wild shape but you are a couple levels off and with dex 10 you need all you can get.