PDA

View Full Version : Wish and duplicating spells

MarkVIIIMarc
2019-01-27, 06:39 PM
How familiar with the spell you are duplicating do you need to be? Does the duplicated spell need to be a Bard spell for a Bard?

"The basic use of this spell is to duplicate any other spell of 8th level or lower. You don't need to meet any requirements in that spell, including costly Components. The spell simply takes effect. "

PhoenixPhyre
2019-01-27, 06:41 PM
How familiar with the spell you are duplicating do you need to be? Does the duplicated spell need to be a Bard spell for a Bard?

"The basic use of this spell is to duplicate any other spell of 8th level or lower. You don't need to meet any requirements in that spell, including costly Components. The spell simply takes effect. "

Is the spell 8th or lower? Then wish can cast it. From any list.

MarkVIIIMarc
2019-01-27, 07:27 PM
Is the spell 8th or lower? Then wish can cast it. From any list.

Simple enough.

Anyone ever cast a spell with Wish in a dramatic way or with some flair?

Or perhaps the drama is in just having your character say "Revivify" and it happens.

Coffee_Dragon
2019-01-27, 09:16 PM
This seems to kinda depend on whether you think casting wish means saying "I wish my enemies would be snared by tentacles!" and then the Wish resolves as the spell you're referencing, or if it means the caster is actually saying "I wish a Tentacle Snare spell would happen [with these casting parameters]!" (Earlier editions worked like the first, but this one doesn't really say.)