PDA

View Full Version : Advice for Creating a Seducer

BigPixie
2019-01-27, 07:43 PM
That's right give me your sexiest ideas for a PC!

BreaktheStatue
2019-01-27, 08:04 PM
I would definitely get DM and probably fellow player approval before creating this type of character.

JakOfAllTirades
2019-01-27, 09:16 PM
That's right give me your sexiest ideas for a PC!

This is extremely subjective. I think Tieflings are the sexiest characters ever, for example. But most would disagree.

Others believe Minotaurs are the hottest.

For some, it's Halflings (hey, whatever) or Gully Dwarves. (Yeah, I went there.)

This will not end well.

Jophiel
2019-01-27, 09:21 PM
I would definitely get DM and probably fellow player approval before creating this type of character.
Yeah, without buy-in from the table that can get weird in a hurry.

I have a Divine Soul sorcerer who is also a cleric of Sune. So a woman with high charisma who is an acolyte of the goddess of love and beauty. Still, I don't play her as seductive since I don't feel like creeping anyone out (including myself). Honestly, just her class description is enough since, if anyone asks or I say I'll try to persuade someone, the table is like "Oh, yeah, she's the totally sexy redheaded one" and I guess they all just assume that I'm, uh, pulling down the front of my chainmail and batting my eyelashes?

sophontteks
2019-01-28, 12:00 AM
My first 5e character was a noble tiefling glamour bard from Almraiven. Yeah, a tiefling noble. He has to be pretty seductive to pull that off, and he was. He was a male belly dancer, and a sitar player. Had his own perfume too.

In combat he would turn into his fey form, which basically meant most of his clothes came off and he glowed. It was super-effective. In other parts he was less effective. Like, he was the only member of the group who went with no food, no tent, no sleeping bag, etc. But he had fancy paper, oils, and perfumes. Oh man, it was hilarious telling the DM my eauipment.

So, he went to see Strahd. He was arrested for being a tiefling, and ended up seducing one of the guards before they could take him in. Seduced a hag too. Before long it was a running gag that he could end every encounter through seduction.

Honestly the seductor can be played quite well without getting awkward. I was playing a serious character. One who happened to be most comfortable getting the upper hand through politics, seduction, and diplomacy. The big difference is that he wasn't trying to seduce people for his pleasure, but rather as a reaction to life-threatening situations. He was phenominal at gathering information, escaping capture, and making important friends. He moved the plot forward in entertaining ways rather then distracting from the plot

Ivor_The_Mad
2019-01-28, 10:14 AM
Two words. Leather armor:smallwink:

Malifice
2019-01-28, 10:26 AM
Glamour bard for the win. Mix some Fey lock in there as well.

Ivor_The_Mad
2019-01-28, 10:32 AM
Glamour bard for the win. Mix some Fey lock in there as well.
Bards seem to work quite well for this description. Glam especially

Sir_Chivalry
2019-01-28, 10:36 AM
Play anything really. The right background gets you Deception/Persuasion if your class lacks it and since seduction doesn't have bearing on combat any character can do it equally well with the right stats

The above suggestions are quite right if you want obvious synergy though, Feylock or any warlock really, sorcerer, paladin, bard especially. But seduction is all in the roleplaying and mindset really

Keravath
2019-01-28, 11:28 AM
I would second the glamour bard/fey warlock suggestion.

Friends/Charm person/glamour bard charm abilities/fey warlock first level charm ability/high charisma. Expertise in persuasion and deception at 3rd level bard, mask of many faces for at will disguise self at second level warlock. Mechanically, I think that is everything you should need ... AND they will be decent in combat with eldritch+agonizing blast for ranged attacks.

sophontteks
2019-01-28, 11:55 AM
Nothing in the game compares to Glamourous performance. I would say to pick anything if it was not for this ability. Its the strongest charm in the game. They fail the save and turn into your groupies. Turns the fluff of being a seducer into an extremely powerful ability that can reverse encounters.

Ganymede
2019-01-28, 12:41 PM
Male or female, just play a character with abs. Done and done.