PDA

View Full Version : Flash Season 5 Part 2

Pex
2019-01-28, 08:49 PM
Since I don't watch television regularly I hadn't realized Flash is back from break.

I was disappointed the first episode back they lose again. It's not every episode this season like last season, so it wasn't too bad. Second episode they win.

I gave it a shot, but overall I'm not a fan of the Nora storyline. Yes, I want to know why Flash goes missing and hope they can stop it, but I'm not caring about Nora's arc. I want her scenes over with as soon as they begin.

khadgar567
2019-01-30, 10:22 AM
well, half of Nora's arc basically not published and the only person tries to learn the plot is Sherlock. isn't it a bit of interesting that she nows thawn personally and thawn basically fulfill his main desire yet flash still don't know.

thorgrim29
2019-01-30, 10:51 AM
Yeah the whole Nora thing is a bit of a miss for me too. I just don't care about the fake family dynamic. In every way that matters she's not their daughter and the whole thing is a bit of a mess. The meta cure plotline is ok so far. It might end up terribly though, the CW writers do like their heavy-handed metaphors after all, wonder why they're just ignoring that Caitlin's dad is still out there though. And how is using the cure on Cicada supposed to work if he's not a meta himself but being empowered by his dagger? I don't expect hard sci-fi from the Flash in the least but it would be nice if they respected the rules they established in the same season once in a while....

Still like Sherloque though, you can just feel how much fun the actor is having with that version of the character. Also just a note we do have zambonis in universe 1 Canada, winter lasting 8 months is a slight exaggeration too... It's usually more between 5 and 6.

Pex
2019-02-01, 08:41 AM
Yay! Flash renewed for Season 6!

Reddish Mage
2019-02-04, 01:17 AM
The meta cure plotline is ok so far. It might end up terribly though, the CW writers do like their heavy-handed metaphors after all, wonder why they're just ignoring that Caitlin's dad is still out there though. And how is using the cure on Cicada supposed to work if he's not a meta himself but being empowered by his dagger? I don't expect hard sci-fi from the Flash in the least but it would be nice if they respected the rules they established in the same season once in a while....

I’m not sure which metaphor the cure is supposed to be...the whole meta cure thing was all about the debate about whether meta’s would really want a cure or not...I’m having to reach for a metaphor, and neither being gay nor trans work. And all the resistance from Killer Frost turned out she was just worried Kaitlen didn’t want her around.

Again there’s really no equivalent metaphor for wondering about whether people really want their to be a cure, although there are undercurrents of other stuff.

Speaking of which, the whole time they spoke about it, they ignored the more obvious problem and more morally tangled issue...couldn’t a cure be FORCED on metas who others didn’t want to have powers?

Only it turns out that’s exactly where they are going with it...and its shaping the same way as when Nora’s power was suppressed well into her adulthood without her knowledge or consent. Query - whether father/mother knows best.

thorgrim29
2019-02-06, 03:21 PM
Wow those were some terrible crooks... either that or the Star Labs paintball team is world class. And Iris continues with her trend of being terrible at making decisions.

Pex
2019-02-06, 07:48 PM
Wow those were some terrible crooks... either that or the Star Labs paintball team is world class. And Iris continues with her trend of being terrible at making decisions.

Inverse Ninja Law in action.

Ralph was very much the Hero this episode. Good. They are treating him with respect. A comic relief joke at his expense is just a joke, nothing more, and there have been very few.

Nice in-joke with Sherloque romancing Renee Adler.

I do like how Barry and Ralph interrupted the BBEG monologuing by just shooting him. It went against the trope and was funny because of it. Too bad the moment was ruined by having the BBEG be a meta so it didn't work. I'm not upset by it, but it would have been nice if that was The End of the story arc.

Clertar
2019-02-09, 05:14 AM
Is saying "metahuman" for "superhuman" something from the CW shows, or is that what they also say today in DC comics?

BWR
2019-02-09, 05:37 PM
Is saying "metahuman" for "superhuman" something from the CW shows, or is that what they also say today in DC comics?

Don't know so much about the comics but the various cartoons and non-canon comics use it, at least.

khadgar567
2019-02-09, 09:40 PM
Don't know so much about the comics but the various cartoons and non-canon comics use it, at least.
Thanks to mmorpg dc universe there is big enough plot hole to intruduce anything and we still dont have solid info about meta gene as it didnt help luthor to understand supes.

Pex
2019-02-14, 09:53 PM
Grant Gustin has been very minimal the past few episodes. They likely filmed his scenes before the honeymoon.