PDA

View Full Version : Open minded plus chameleon bonus feat..

animewatcha
2019-01-29, 01:48 AM
I've seen a post about Dark Chaos Shuffle + Open Minded for infinite skill points. Would it be the same for Chameleon bonus feat + Open minded? Is there anything else like this?

Kalkra
2019-01-29, 02:00 AM
DCS or Chameleon and Vow of Poverty gets you infinite feats.

Uncle Pine
2019-01-29, 03:15 AM
You cannot exceed the normal maximum ranks for your level in any skill using Open Minded and there is a finite number of skills in the game, so no you wouldn't be able to gain infinite skill points. However, you can certainly gain an arbitrarily high amount of them (enough to max out all the skill in the game). :smallwink:

A not unreasonable houserule could be to have the 5 skill points disappear with the floating feat (as unlike when you use it for Extra Spells there's no expenditure of resources to keep the skill points), but to each his own.

MaxiDuRaritry
2019-01-29, 03:32 AM
Well, if you can gain access to alter self, polymorph, or metamorphosis at will (see the psychoactive skin of proteus, for example), then change yourself into a human for both a bonus feat and 1 bonus skill point per HD you have...

At the very least, you can use it on the fly to make whatever skill checks you need to make, so long as you know they're coming.

Troacctid
2019-01-29, 04:06 AM
If you shape a soulmeld with Shape Soulmeld, it lasts until it's unshaped. Take the feat enough times and you can get a soulmeld in every chakra slot, no expiration date.

You cannot exceed the normal maximum ranks for your level in any skill using Open Minded and there is a finite number of skills in the game, so no you wouldn't be able to gain infinite skill points. However, you can certainly gain an arbitrarily high amount of them (enough to max out all the skill in the game). :smallwink:
Not true, there's theoretically an unbounded number of Profession and Craft skills.

Mordaedil
2019-01-29, 06:25 AM
I'm fairly certain any DM would just have you lose the skill points gained from open-minded if you kept relearning the feat, not give you continuous 5 skill points each time.

Jack_Simth
2019-01-29, 07:56 AM
I'm fairly certain any DM would just have you lose the skill points gained from open-minded if you kept relearning the feat, not give you continuous 5 skill points each time.

I'd be inclined to go that route, yes. You lose the feat, you lose the benefit of the feat, and those skill points came from the feat. Still very useful for a chameleon - you can pick up a rather random skill when you need to impersonate someone - but you don't get an arbitrarily large number of skill points over the course of many days.