PDA

View Full Version : Building a warlock sniper

weckar
2019-01-30, 02:02 AM
So, using the Eldritch spear and the Snipe ability of Hide, I feel an interesting build must be possible.
There are three main issues I see:
1. Get Hide
2. Get SA at arbitrary distances
3. Keep EB high if not maximised
I think the distance penalties to spot should mostly cover the first, but invisibility does not work during combat. I understand there is a spell that could grant the second. The third is levels.
That's a baseline. What ideas could make it great?

Falontani
2019-01-30, 03:06 AM
Warlock/rogue/nosomatic chirugen/Unseen Seer, perhaps take some spellwarp sniper or arcane trickster. (Nosomatic gets adept spellcasting on top of boosted warlock casting)

Troacctid
2019-01-30, 03:11 AM
I have a sample unseen seer build in my Warlockopedia. Link (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SzEwuegsg_LVeuRLN8d1eMFv8_l3EtAhjexjfi0cCkU/edit#gid=0)

Warlock/rogue/nosomatic chirugen/Unseen Seer, perhaps take some spellwarp sniper or arcane trickster. (Nosomatic gets adept spellcasting on top of boosted warlock casting)
Unfortunately nosomatic chirurgeon does not help you enter unseen seer.

weckar
2019-01-30, 03:28 AM
Great, except those do not extend SA range.

Troacctid
2019-01-30, 03:33 AM
Great, except those do not extend SA range.
The build I linked has sniper's shot to remove the range limit on sneak attack.

Crake
2019-01-30, 04:30 AM
The build I linked has sniper's shot to remove the range limit on sneak attack.

An at will, use activated item of sniper's shot (not command word, because that would give away your position) costs a mere 2000gp. Warlocks don't have any swift actions afaik, so it shouldn't be an issue.

Grab a single level of swordsage at level 9 to pick up cloak of deception for a single round of greater invis and assassin's stance, and the craven feat for 2d6+level sneak attack ontop of your eldritch blast damage. Add on a greater chasuble of fell power for +2d6 eldritch blast damage, and a rogue's vest for +1d6 sneak attack, a level 9 warlock could pump out 9d6+9 damage each round of sneak attacking, and if they ever actually get spotted, they can easily escape with a variety of warlock or swordsage options.

Troacctid
2019-01-30, 11:17 AM
An at will, use activated item of sniper's shot (not command word, because that would give away your position) costs a mere 2000gp. Warlocks don't have any swift actions afaik, so it shouldn't be an issue.
Hiding in plain sight with Blend into Shadows is a swift action, so you do want to be using sniper's shot sparingly most of the time.