PDA

View Full Version : Cham Po Build

BigPixie
2019-01-30, 06:02 PM
I was wondering if you all in the community had any ideas on creating Cham Po from Mulan. :smallsmile:

Man_Over_Game
2019-01-30, 06:06 PM
I was wondering if you all in the community had any ideas on creating Cham Po from Mulan. :smallsmile:

For those who are looking it up, it's "Chien Po", the big guy in the three stooges.

Kind hearted, big, loves food. Redemption Paladin, Nature Cleric, Life Cleric, something along those lines. Or just a Samurai Fighter if you feel like he shouldn't have magic, which would still make him really bulky and hard to kill.

Interestingly enough, my homebrew Prestige Options has something that'd fit this perfectly:

Way of the Closed Fist:
You can take the Monk, using your Strength modifier in place of your Dexterity modifier for your Monk features.

Get AC by stacking Strength and Wisdom, push people around using your weight.

Perlywhirly
2019-01-30, 06:09 PM
Chien Po feels like an Oath of Redemption or Oath of Ancients Paladin. Big boy, love life.

ImproperJustice
2019-01-30, 07:23 PM
Hold on for this one:

Barbarian.
One of his qualities is exuding calmness and exercising great strength (Like lifting Mulan, the Captain, a half dozen men, and their HORSE, almost single handedly.

Just reflavor Rage as Zen-Like Calm.
Mechanically they can lool exactly the same.

Then go with the Ancestral Guardian or even the animal themed subclass (with totems reflavored as ancestral spirits) and there you go.

Take Tavern Brawler for improved grappling joy.