PDA

View Full Version : Help with character - Mummy's Mask based campaign

GoldfishBowl
2019-01-31, 02:54 AM
Hello all! I'm looking for some fluff help with Pathfinder, for myself and my party.

Our DM is running Mummy's Mask for us. The egyption theme sounded fun, and during character creation we really started getting into the themes that were described. After riffing off of eachother a bit, we brewed up sort of an ancient Egypt Musicians of Bremen thing.

We are a Crocodile (Lizardfolk) NE Dark Kineticist, focusing on Earth/Water and carrying an Ammit theme with the eating/wracking of souls. The muscle of the group.
A Frog (Grippli) CN Rogue, Taking inspiration of form from Hequet, but will probably spend most of the time picking pockets with their prehensile tongue.
And a Cat (Custom Race) CN Bard, inspired by Bast and intending to primarily be a social charmer and manipulator.

Very likely, we're going to be playing at being religious charlatans, lying and tricking our way into making other NPCs do the brunt of the fighting on our behalf. It is accepted we're going to be busting the rails on this one.

What I would like some advice on is the religious lore. We've got a fair grasp of Pharasma and what she's about, but none of us are terribly versed in the gods of Osirion and how they differ from classical ancient Egyptian. We've read the blurbs and alignment charts on the wiki, but its extremely minimal and PFSRD does't have anything to add there. Ammit isnt represented as a god so much as a monstrous critter, and Sobek has little to do with the afterlife like that player wants. There's no frog tie in to that pantheon at all, but Bastet seems an appropriate fit.

Any suggestions to really get our characters on their feet?