PDA

View Full Version : Elven Accuracy Build

elladrin
2019-02-01, 08:34 PM
Hello all. Looking for some build optimization advice for the build below. Obviously it's a niche build, using synergies from multiple classes to make a heavy nova/burst build but with some consistent dpr as well. Only really need two feats to make the build work, elven accuracy and great weapon master, but not needed as much. Only need one other ASI to get to 20 Charisma, so there is room for odd levels of classes instead of bumping to four for the ASIs.

Standard Array or Point Buy for stats, main stats being Charisma and Constitution; so most likely 15 at level 1 for both of those and arrange the rest as needed, Dexterity then Wisdom, dump Intelligence and Strength.

*Stats:*

* Str: 8
* Dex: 12+1=13
* Con: 15+1=16
* Int: 8
* Wis: 13
* Cha: 15+2=17

Half-Elf (Drow)

* Warlock 1 (Hexblade)-2 (Eldritch Invocations)-3 (Pact of the Blade)-4 ASI-5 Thirsting Blade-8 ASI-9 Final Short Rest Spells

* Ranger 3 (Gloom Stalker)-4 ASI

* Fighter 3 (Champion/Samurai)-4 ASI

* Rogue 3 (Swashbuckler/Assassin)?or Warlock 12 (Lifedrinker) & ASI

*Key Abilities:*

* Elven Accuracy

* Great Weapon Master

*Abilities to Note:*

* Booming Blade (cantrip)
* Green-Flame Blade (cantrip)
* Darkness (level 2 spell)
* Fighting Style: Great Weapon Fighting & Defense (Fighter & Ranger)
* Eldritch Smite

*Notes:*

- Champion passive crit increase not needed as much as Hexblades curse does the same but only once per short rest; so Samurai possibly better choice. Leaning more towards Champion now due to Swashbuckler seeming better Rogue Archetype.

- Able to attack once or twice, potentially three times on the first round, per attack action.

- Has option to burst down targets with Eldritch Smite.

- Debatable as to what three levels of build should be, Rogue(Swashbuckler or Assassin) or more Warlock levels.

Rukelnikov
2019-02-01, 09:51 PM
Samurai only allows you to get Advantage 3 times per long rest, on a EA focused build, that's not very useful. I assume you are gonna try to get advantage from Devil's Sight/Darkness, since you don't have enough spells for anything else if you plan to smite.

Even then you will only have 2 smites per short rest, and in a 4-5 encounters per day, you will be hurting for spells slots if you expect to do anything else than 1 darkness per encounter and a smite or two.

Without going thru an important overhaul of the build I would at least go to lock 11 for the third slot

elladrin
2019-02-01, 10:00 PM
Samurai only allows you to get Advantage 3 times per long rest, on a EA focused build, that's not very useful. I assume you are gonna try to get advantage from Devil's Sight/Darkness, since you don't have enough spells for anything else if you plan to smite.
That's where Swashbuckler comes into play, and hence why Champion is probably a better choice overall.

Even then you will only have 2 smites per short rest, and in a 4-5 encounters per day, you will be hurting for spells slots if you expect to do anything else than 1 darkness per encounter and a smite or two.
Don't forget that I also have access to Ranger spells to burn for smites, unless I misread the ability. Although it doesn't add a lot, it helps.
The half-drow trait also gives me one cast of Darkness once I'm high enough level.

Without going thru an important overhaul of the build I would at least go to lock 11 for the third slot
That's one of the options, take Warlock to 12 over grabbing ASIs or one of the multiclass options.

JNAProductions
2019-02-01, 10:08 PM
That's where Swashbuckler comes into play, and hence why Champion is probably a better choice overall.

How does Swashbuckler get you advantage better?

Rukelnikov
2019-02-01, 10:12 PM

As JNA said, IDK how you are getting advantage from Swash.

Don't forget that I also have access to Ranger spells to burn for smites, unless I misread the ability. Although it doesn't add a lot, it helps.
The half-drow trait also gives me one cast of Darkness once I'm high enough level.

Eldritch smite can only be triggered from Lock spell slots, and you dont have 2nd level spells from other classes to use for Darkness, maybe remove ftr altogether and get Paladin, it would allow you to burn any spell slot for smite, and add a lil bit of spellcasting, tbh I would rework a lot of it to get a crit fishing smiter :S

CTurbo
2019-02-01, 10:18 PM
With no way to gain advantage reliably, this wouldn't be nearly as good as you are thinking.

I'd only go with an Elven Accuracy build if I had a Wolf Totem Barb or maybe even I was a Vengeance Dex/Cha Pally.

Misterwhisper
2019-02-01, 10:21 PM
With no way to gain advantage reliably, this wouldn't be nearly as good as you are thinking.

I'd only go with an Elven Accuracy build if I had a Wolf Totem Barb or maybe even I was a Vengeance Dex/Cha Pally.

Or an Arcane Trickster Rogue with a familiar. That is my prefered way to run it.

Rukelnikov
2019-02-01, 10:30 PM

It can work pretty good with Greater Invis, Shadow of Moil, or even better Guardian of Nature

elladrin
2019-02-01, 10:47 PM
Gah, misread some abilities for something else. So I can scrap Swashbuckler for the extra Warlock levels, that'll get me to 12. Eldritch Smite I mixed up with Pally Smite and using any spell slots.
Swashbuckler gave me extra RP options through expertise and 2d6 sneak attack. Might be worth getting, I'd have to simulate some numbers and do some hard math for it.

Thanks for the heads up, can't believe I made rookie mistakes like that. Hence why I want/need input.