PDA

View Full Version : Portable Fate/Grand Order III - Protecc those Smiles

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Yael
2019-02-02, 05:25 AM
https://img.fireden.net/v/image/1547/14/1547149212786.png

Fate/Grand Order - Are you my Master? (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?529252-Fate-Grand-Order-Are-you-my-Master&p=22160542)
Fate/Grand Order II - Top Kōhai (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?563642-Fate-Grand-Order-II-Top-Khai)

Third thread! I love this community, let's keep enjoying this game! Feel free to discuss about the game, for those who play it. You can leave your Friend Code so we can add you.

For those who know not how to play, you can find it in the AppStore and iStore. In case your country isn't covered, you can also download the game via QooApp, as it can be updated when the game is, without needing to search for the APKs individually.

iOS (https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1183802626)
Google Play (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aniplex.fategrandorder.en)

Nick
Code

Ami

Anarion

Callos_DeTerran

DrakeRaids

Fel

HMS Invincible

Loch

Manticoran
025,817, 326

NeoPhoenix

Nerocite

nightwyrm

Saambell

Setsuna

Silva

SithCats

Yæl

Current Singularity
https://grandorder.wiki/images/thumb/d/d9/Event_Agartha_Release_Campaign_EN.png/700px-Event_Agartha_Release_Campaign_EN.png (https://fate-go.us/news/?category=NEWS&article=%2Fiframe%2F2019%2F0617_agartha%2F)

Current Events (US)

New Servants

HMS Invincible
2019-02-02, 08:17 AM
Please add my friend code
Does anyone curate their friends list?

PS the friend code for loch isn't valid.

DrakeRaids
2019-02-02, 10:27 AM
I tend to curate it some. If one of you guys adds me I'd be happy to make room, just let me know you're adding me first so I know which to accept ^^

Red Fel
2019-02-02, 01:21 PM
And here we are again. It's always such a pleasure.

Well, with Dantes now out of the way, who's saving for what upcoming?

nightwyrm
2019-02-02, 01:30 PM
270 rolls for MHXA.

HMS Invincible
2019-02-02, 01:30 PM
Skadi, summer servants and MHXA is catches my eye.

Resileaf
2019-02-02, 01:33 PM
I'm somewhat considering saving for Mordred to complete the Round table, but I'm mostly going to be saving for Jeanne Archer.

Yael
2019-02-02, 01:48 PM
Please add my friend code
Does anyone curate their friends list?

PS the friend code for loch isn't valid.
Added.

Hmm? Weird it's not valid.

Yup yup!

I do want MHXA but I'm only at 100SQ, the SQ Purge of December '18 was devastating, yet satisfying. Also, Berserker Nobbu, and all the way to Abgail Williams, because Lovecraft.

DrakeRaids
2019-02-02, 01:53 PM
Summer Nero. Melt and Lip will get tickets, Summer Nero gets all the quartz

Hunter Noventa
2019-02-02, 02:09 PM
I've got a stockpile of tickets, but I"m mainly saving SQ for...whatever? Dunno what i'm looking forward to beyond Mecha-Eli Chan.

NeoPhoenix0
2019-02-02, 02:56 PM
probably going to spend some tickets on MHXA cause the only category i don't have a 5 star in now (besides avenger) is berzerker and who doesn't want a sith lord, tickets for okita, tickets for nero bride. the first one i plan on spending quartz on is suzuka gozen who is thankfully a 4 star. first major SQ pulls i am planning on is summer. I really should try to get a second archuria but i will most likely save for the new beach event though unfortunately i want beach nero and beach alter, but while i want beach alter more, the 4 star i want most is beach nobu, i would also like beach frankenstien and helena. then i will probably want to spend stuff on musashi and tomoe gozen, then i am going to hope that our salem banner 2 and christmas banners overlap like they do in japan so i can splurge on (probably whale) Eresh, then if i get her probably spurge again on Abigail. i really hate that those two are in the same month since those are the ones i really want all year. the rest i will be mediating my SQ expenditures and letting the stars of destiny determine the results.

and yeah, i basically looked ahead at japan's list for the year and planned out the entire year up to eresh in december.

Blackhawk748
2019-02-02, 03:00 PM

I shall get the Okita so I can bring back my quick teams

ImperatorV
2019-02-02, 04:56 PM
I'm saving for Seraph and the summer re-run. The Sakuraface alter egos and high school saber on the same banner is very appealing. And I still need summer Tamamo, she was one of the top waifus of last year and I missed her.

DrakeRaids
2019-02-02, 05:33 PM
This really hit my funny bone

https://66.media.tumblr.com/dc034d642fdbb8cc7e2e2380d2d16032/tumblr_pmb19dEdNk1t4pany_540.jpg

spectralphoenix
2019-02-02, 10:47 PM
Thus far I've mostly been dropping a little bit on whatever comes out that interests me. The odds of success seem so low that I'd rather be pleasantly surprised to get someone cool in a ten pull eventually than save up 300 SQ and miss.

Also, is the thread title supposed to be 'protect'? I think I'm going to develop a twitch.

Resileaf
2019-02-02, 10:56 PM
Also, is the thread title supposed to be 'protect'? I think I'm going to develop a twitch.

It's protecc because of the meme.

Yael
2019-02-03, 02:54 AM

Yes, it's on the meme.https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/277/687/a38.png

Hunter Noventa
2019-02-03, 11:23 AM
Apparently there's some kind of 'Chaldea Cookout' art contest going on, so I present to you, Fate/Grill Order (https://i.redd.it/b2mxxp5t16e21.png)

Resileaf
2019-02-03, 11:53 AM
There is nothing about this picture that I do not like.

DrakeRaids
2019-02-03, 11:58 AM
Wholesome image.

NeoPhoenix0
2019-02-03, 03:30 PM
i love how the Artorias are right there gawking over the food on the grill.

Blackhawk748
2019-02-03, 04:02 PM
Apparently there's some kind of 'Chaldea Cookout' art contest going on, so I present to you, Fate/Grill Order (https://i.redd.it/b2mxxp5t16e21.png)

I love the Saber face table, how Dantes and Jalter and getting dragged around the beach by the Rulers and how Blackbeard is desperately swimming after Drake on her raft.

I also just noticed that all 4 cus are playing volleyball...against each other.

No Carmilla though, which is odd because I figured, what with her beach outfit, she'd be under one of the umbrellas. The poor woman needs to get out more.

spectralphoenix
2019-02-03, 04:04 PM
It's protecc because of the meme.

Well, I suppose it's alright as long as there's a meme.

I've been using the lull to try and farm out some pages for the many people who need them. Wonder if Blackbeard would invite me back to Pirate Comiket if I asked nicely.

Resileaf
2019-02-03, 04:04 PM
Ibaraki is also missing.

I guess not enough sweets for her tastes.

Yael
2019-02-03, 05:45 PM
Heracles sitting there, happy for his Illya is just perfect.

Also, Altera patrolling for bad civilization.

Also also, Gramps in a suimswit.

Yes, this is majestic.

Red Fel
2019-02-03, 07:21 PM
Is that Altera Larva in the sky, there? Because that's just precious.

Resileaf
2019-02-03, 07:51 PM
I just noticed Berserkerlot hidden behind a rock near Tamamocat.

Hunter Noventa
2019-02-04, 08:09 AM
Don't forget to look under the table Gudao/Gudako are sitting at.

Nerocite
2019-02-04, 11:43 AM
One servant I'm looking forward to this year is Paul, gonna put those grails to good use.

Red Fel
2019-02-04, 12:47 PM
One servant I'm looking forward to this year is Paul, gonna put those grails to good use.

Fastest NP in the west!

Yael
2019-02-04, 11:39 PM
https://webview.fate-go.us/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/0204_val2019/banner_20190220_e7yh1.png (https://fate-go.us/news/?category=NEWS&article=%2Fiframe%2F2019%2F0204_val2019%2F)

Ecchan's event's announced! Get ready to recieve chocolate from your waifus, and give them to your husbandos~

nightwyrm
2019-02-04, 11:50 PM
Ecchan, pls come home!

HMS Invincible
2019-02-06, 02:42 PM
How good is this event? Like Dante's story was dreary compared to the fun of saber Elly 16bit dungeon.

Yael
2019-02-06, 04:48 PM
How good is this event? Like Dante's story was dreary compared to the fun of saber Elly 16bit dungeon.

Last year's was easier, mostly because it didn't include the bois.
There's no real story, but the grind is not that bad, and the rewards are good.

Resileaf
2019-02-06, 04:54 PM
Last year's was easier, mostly because it didn't include the bois.
There's no real story, but the grind is not that bad, and the rewards are good.

The reward is being given chocolate by waifus, it's 100% worth any grind.

Saambell
2019-02-07, 12:13 AM
So I saw it was in the last 2 hours of the Half AP for Story Missions, so I gritted my teeth, and dug in to the last 3 fights of Solomon. Went pretty well. For the Big 1.5mil one I had to use my Seals, but it went ok. Jack, Waver, and JAlter(Support) were my leads, with Iri and Medea in the back, and I have already forgotten who the 4th slot was. I think it was Ozy.

The Next fight was easier, Double Waver and Ozy(NP2) soloed the whole thing, even when they died last turn. Waver NP's Curse dealt the final blow before my back line even touched the field. I debated if Cu Alter would have done more damage, but Ozy having NP2 pushed him into the drivers seat(thanks Musashi Banner for handing me Ozy instead of Musashi). But the real pain hit right after that fight. The cutscene failed to load and all that the screen said was "down for maintenance". So now I have to wait for tomorrow to see the finale of Solomon.

nightwyrm
2019-02-07, 04:33 AM
270 rolls. No SSR....

NeoPhoenix0
2019-02-07, 04:49 AM
cashed in some tickets, got spooked with a Fran... well if fran is the latest bezerker who has taken a liking to me at least i won't have to start burning tamamo cats. also been quite a while since i got a new 5 star besides the GSSR. but i gotta save up even if x alter is really cute and slightly relate-able... though not in a way that involves the borderline incomprehensable plot of the servant-verse.

Yael
2019-02-07, 06:55 AM
New Events
https://grandorder.wiki/images/thumb/8/89/Event_Chocolate_Lady%27s_Commotion_%28Rerun%29_EN. png/420px-Event_Chocolate_Lady%27s_Commotion_%28Rerun%29_EN. png (https://grandorder.wiki/Chocolate_Lady%27s_Commotion_(Rerun))

New Servants
https://grandorder.wiki/images/thumb/5/57/Icon_Servant_155.png/50px-Icon_Servant_155.png (https://grandorder.wiki/Mysterious_Heroine_X_(Alter))

Valentine just started, and so did Ex's banner.

I actually got her, and didn't spend that much resources (17 tickets and a 30-roll), so I consider myself lucky. Her Trial Quest is also up, the Force is stong in these parodies, Ecchan's cute as hell, and considering how much I love Mysterious Heroine X, seeing her interact within the Servantverse and being silly and crazy like she is was just heartwarming. The thing about those two being friends is also pretty nice, and a nice touch for both Heroines X. I also love the winks for the original Saber Wars event.If you summoned Mysterious Heroine X
X was my very first friend. I hope I can give her my thanks someday.
Oh, no, not like that. (In the original translation she says " Eh? It's not something like yuri.")
But I wish she'd hurry up and clean our room.
This is why I can't stand chaotic alignment types...

If you summoned Arturia Pendragon (Lily)
I can't stand that white knight, the Saber who claims to be X's disciple...
Just the thought of it makes me hungry to the core... I couldn't resist, so I just hopped on Galactic Amazonu and ordered some strawberry daifuku delivered via sub-light flight.

Resileaf
2019-02-07, 07:43 AM
Remember my ridiculously lucky friend with four Jalters?

Four tickets to get MHXA.

I'm going to throw my computer at him.

Hunter Noventa
2019-02-07, 08:24 AM
MHXA is the most ridiculous little sith lordling.

So I did a ten pull.

And the first thing I got was Lancer Altria Alter. And a 4* Event CE. I mean, I don't really NEED more 4* Lancers, but having another with an AoE NP is not bad at all.

And now I have tickets. Many tickets. And I got like, 3 Kiyohimes and Hundred Faces. How useless.

EIDT: Bah, I tried another 10-pull only to get spooked by Tamamo Cat. Who are these inhuman monsters who can pull two MHXAs at once? Honestly.

...but then I got Nursery rhyme on the same pull. Okay.

Red Fel
2019-02-07, 09:05 AM
Decided to take it slow with this one. Got plenty of Berserkers and plenty of cute, so I don't particularly need to whale.

One ticket pull... Jaguarman. Hey, now I can level up Taiga's NP.

Another ticket pull... Gold orbs... Rider card... Kamen Rider W reference... It's Anne and Mary! Not the best 4-star ST Quick Rider - that honor goes to another Kamen Rider reference - but I'll take it. And since, generally, pulling a 4-star means my luck has dried up for now, I think I'll wait until a later part of this banner to try again.

To those of you who pulled Mysterious Heroine Sith, congrats. To those of you who didn't, sympathies.

Now enjoy some chocolate.

nightwyrm
2019-02-07, 09:35 AM
I went and bought quartz. Did a 10 roll and MHXA was the last card...I'm not sure how to feel, sigh....

She was definitely my most expensive SSR.

Resileaf
2019-02-07, 09:59 AM
Give her a hug and a headpat and you will feel better.

Hunter Noventa
2019-02-07, 10:02 AM
I really wanted MHXA too, but not enough to spend the last of my Quartz.

At least the chocolate molds will make farming for the chocolates from your waifus and headpat-targets easier.

ellenate
2019-02-07, 10:38 AM
Spent the remainder of what i had and...

Got her!

My luck has been broken for the past month or so.

Time to go back into save mode for osakabehime, she'd be a great partner for mhxa. :smallamused:

spectralphoenix
2019-02-07, 11:35 AM
Thirty quartz and ten tickets. No servants of note beyond a second Jaguar, but I did get two 5* and two 4* event CEs to help with the farming at least.

Hunter Noventa
2019-02-07, 11:45 AM
I need to go through my servants and see what I'm actually lacking. I've got a pretty good spread when it comes to 4* servants.

Though what I really want is the GudaGuda rerun so I can finally get Nobbu her last ascension. She's fallen so far behind because she's stuck at level 70.

Saambell
2019-02-07, 04:22 PM
Took me 11 Tickets and 2 Ten Rolls, but I got MHXA. That last ten roll was paid for, but it was only the 41SQ purchase, so not bad on the wallet. Now to enter the hopeless grind for coins. Very glad for the chocolate molds, even though I have yet to use them. Being able to turn a random mass of foes into one target will make chosing CE and gathering Coins so much easier.

Hunter Noventa
2019-02-07, 04:51 PM
Took me 11 Tickets and 2 Ten Rolls, but I got MHXA. That last ten roll was paid for, but it was only the 41SQ purchase, so not bad on the wallet. Now to enter the hopeless grind for coins. Very glad for the chocolate molds, even though I have yet to use them. Being able to turn a random mass of foes into one target will make chosing CE and gathering Coins so much easier.

Oh yeah, I'm saving the molds for the top tier nodes myself. And you can buy more with the generic chocolate if you really need to. No way I'm gonna be able to buy every chocolare.

Anyone else notice that d'Eon can both give and receive chocolate? Cute.

nightwyrm
2019-02-07, 05:40 PM
Anyone else notice that d'Eon can both give and receive chocolate? Cute.

Yep, for the ambiguous servants like DEon, Astolfo and Enkidu, you can both get and give chocolate.

Now for the important question for those who managed to get MHXA, which ascension form to use??

Saambell
2019-02-07, 06:01 PM
Now for the important question for those who managed to get MHXA, which ascension form to use??

I plan to bounce between first and third depending on mood. Sci Fi look is great, but winter clothes are so cute. Not really one for her sports look.

Red Fel
2019-02-07, 09:17 PM
Just a quick pointer, you can have multiple Support Servant setups. So there is basically no excuse here - put together a choco-specific Support Setup and equip every one of your Servants with choco-boosting CEs.

I am seeing so many Servants on my friend list - especially Berserkers - with no event CEs equipped. And that's just shameful.

Also, I never get tired of how adorable these vignettes are. So much precious.

ellenate
2019-02-07, 09:39 PM
Yep, for the ambiguous servants like DEon, Astolfo and Enkidu, you can both get and give chocolate.

Icon: 1st

Skin: 3rd

CC: 3rd

Card: Haven't seen FA but for now the first one

Am i the only one going after a handful of the chocolate gifts? They are quaint but I know they'd start to feel like clutter if i get too many. Maybe 3 tops...

nightwyrm
2019-02-07, 09:48 PM
Am i the only one going after a handful of the chocolate gifts? They are quaint but I know they'd start to feel like clutter if i get too many. Maybe 3 tops...

Getting them unlocks the gift giving scene for that servant. You can use the CEs as exp after you get them so they don't clutter your storage.

Nerocite
2019-02-07, 10:45 PM
The servant gift CEs do give bonuses for future Valentine's events, so it might make sense to hang to some.

Resileaf
2019-02-07, 10:46 PM
I decided to use 22 tickets, not to get MHXA, but to get event CEs. I ended up getting Marie as a new servant, which I suppose is not an awful thing to happen.

Hunter Noventa
2019-02-07, 10:48 PM
Between the molds and the CE setup I have, I can get about 160 coins per run, which makes this go very quickly. Already got all my archer chocolates from my waifus.

And Red Fel, I for one made sure to update my support setup with more chocolate boosters.

Saambell
2019-02-07, 10:55 PM
I also updated mine, but my servents are bad, and I dont have that many good CEs, so there is no point to using my supports. Maybe should add a few of the Sweet Crystals to the line up, but overall, I dont have enough to warrent using my stuff.

NeoPhoenix0
2019-02-08, 06:33 AM
this is pretty much the only thing i use my second archive for. it doesn't even interfere with ember hoarding cause they use different second archives.

Red Fel
2019-02-08, 08:52 AM
The servant gift CEs do give bonuses for future Valentine's events, so it might make sense to hang to some.

this is pretty much the only thing i use my second archive for. it doesn't even interfere with ember hoarding cause they use different second archives.

This. Second Archive (CE) is something I only recently started to use, but it's great.

And Red Fel, I for one made sure to update my support setup with more chocolate boosters.

You're a gentleman and a scholar.

So, on a whim, I decided on another ticket pull this morning. It was a silver Caster.

And then it sparked.

And then Nitocris came home.

I'm very, very happy. Also, way overloaded with Casters now.

EDIT:

Getting them unlocks the gift giving scene for that servant.

Also this. In your My Room, under Material > Event Quest Log > Chocolate Lady's Commotion - Valentine's 2018 -, you can view all chocolates given (to the ladies) and gifts received (from the gents), both for last year and this year. That means that (1) once you've unlocked the clip, there's no reason to hold onto the chocolate/gift unless you're prepping for next year, and (2) there's no reason to give the same chocolate/gift twice (except to your waifu, obviously) because you've already got the clip. This should also make giving every chocolate/gift unnecessary, so you can limit yourself to the ones you missed last time.

Resileaf
2019-02-08, 09:50 AM
Well, in a few years it's going to be important to re-give and get re-gifted because the event will be voiced.
Just about every single servant will have a voiced chocolate-giving scene. It's amazing.

Hunter Noventa
2019-02-08, 11:46 AM
Well, in a few years it's going to be important to re-give and get re-gifted because the event will be voiced.
Just about every single servant will have a voiced chocolate-giving scene. It's amazing.

Yeah another thread I follow has people who play the JP version and they say the voices are great.

Resileaf
2019-02-08, 11:48 AM
Yeah another thread I follow has people who play the JP version and they say the voices are great.

Someone's been posting the scenes on the TVtropes forums, and yes, I can confirm that they are.

Manticoran
2019-02-08, 01:53 PM

I hear this, but also I'm sure there will be vids for all of it, so I'm personally not bothering. As long as I get to hear them all, I'll be happy with it, don't need to see them in my version of the game.

NeoPhoenix0
2019-02-08, 02:23 PM
I am confused, why does Orion take extra damage from Summer Tamamo's anti male NP, but is Immune to skills from female characters that say [Opposite Gender]?

Resileaf
2019-02-08, 02:44 PM
I am confused, why does Orion take extra damage from Summer Tamamo's anti male NP, but is Immune to skills from female characters that say [Opposite Gender]?

Probably some weird programming stuff.
But lore-wise, since most opposite gender stuff is charm, I bet it's because Artemis gives him a death glare to prevent charms. XD

NeoPhoenix0
2019-02-08, 03:43 PM
wait, no effect pops up when you fail a chance based skill and when it can't do anything doesn't it.

i've gotten used to seeing gaurd on failed skills since getting my main servants max skills for chance based things.

Resileaf
2019-02-08, 03:59 PM
No effect pops when the skill used cannot affect the targeted enemy. If your skill only affects servants, using it on a non-servant will bring no effect.
Miss happens when your skill fails to connect because its hit chance isn't 100% but can affect them.
Guard, I assume, happens when the enemy has a skill that prevents the skill from affecting them.

NeoPhoenix0
2019-02-08, 04:39 PM
No effect pops when the skill used cannot affect the targeted enemy. If your skill only affects servants, using it on a non-servant will bring no effect.
Miss happens when your skill fails to connect because its hit chance isn't 100% but can affect them.
Guard, I assume, happens when the enemy has a skill that prevents the skill from affecting them.
So I used minidusa's charm. It didn't miss and it didn't gaurd (which can happen due to things like magic resistance and debuff resistance skills.) No effect popped up against Orion without any buff being active. So I am just super confused cause Orion definitely counts as Male so some code has to have messed up for it to pop up no effect. Not that it really matters. It's just a charm on someone who doesn't fit in an arts team super well.

Resileaf
2019-02-08, 04:50 PM
Either the code messed up or the event in particular had an unknown buff being given to her.

But I'm going to headcanon it as Artemis glaring the charm off Orion.

nightwyrm
2019-02-08, 04:57 PM

Coz Orion is a male. The bimbo goddess is Artemis but she's using Orion's servant container so she's still classified as male.

As for why she resisted a charm, Medusa's charm % is not that great and Orion has a buff skill that gives her 50% debuff resist for 3 turns and a natural 12.5% resist. So charms failing on her is not uncommon.

NeoPhoenix0
2019-02-08, 05:55 PM
Coz Orion is a male. The bimbo goddess is Artemis but she's using Orion's servant container so she's still classified as male.

As for why she resisted a charm, Medusa's charm % is not that great and Orion has a buff skill that gives her 50% debuff resist for 3 turns and a natural 12.5% resist. So charms failing on her is not uncommon.
The charm didn't fail, it would have said miss, and it wasn't resisted, it would have said gaued. It said no effect.

Yael
2019-02-09, 09:51 PM
Well, I went on and checked on the Orion vs Charm case, and came with the following.

First off, went to check on Orion's traits, because most charm effects work on depending on [Gender], and as seen, Orion (the heroic spirit we summon and the focus of effects) the playboy Stuffed bear is a man.

Traits: Servant, Humanoid, Weak to Enuma Elish, Greek Mythology Males, Western, European, Greek, FGO Newcomer, Male, Chaotic Balanced
He is Male, as we know Artemis was summoned along with him, so in theory she's a pet and he's the servant, except it's the reverse.

Next, I went to check her skills, maybe she had some up and resisted the effect? (resulting in a MISS).
https://i.ibb.co/VJ7JsDB/grace.png
https://i.ibb.co/r6dTYvG/pass.png
Well, yes. It is possible to boost her resistance, as Debuff resist pretty much works only against Charm and Confuse. But still, a MISS would appear.

Next I went and experimented on it, using the Archer molds and getting around 200+ choco pieces (sass) a run.

First, I tried a [Humanoid Charm], she does have that trait.
https://i.ibb.co/zrM4VB2/ezgif-5-ae7c860f8e53.gif

It works, next I went with a [Male] target charm, and obviously because I tried with Medulily at Siren Song Lv1, it didn't work, but it was a MISS, so she IS vulnerable to a [Male] Charm skill.
https://i.ibb.co/Wy2jxSL/ezgif-5-518713b2f72c.gif

Next time I tried it, this time with Euryale's Lv6 Siren Song, it hit and charmed Archer.
https://i.ibb.co/s5J7QSP/ezgif-5-a2b8dec6e6bf.gif
This proves my theory, Orion is actually being used as a shield by Artemis, ala Peach!

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/9b/03/d4/9b03d44ad8ac37d893ab7e1414bd7595.gif

Her April Fool's Saint Graph proves it!
https://grandorder.wiki/images/thumb/e/e4/Portrait_Servant_060_F.png/300px-Portrait_Servant_060_F.png

NeoPhoenix0
2019-02-10, 04:32 AM
i wonder if what i saw then... considering one of those pics is of the same servent i used (mini medusa) and they were able to charm Orion in the pic, yet one of the times i did it, it came up as No Effect as opposed to Miss or Charm. i can only assume there is some rare chance that it hits an invalid result when it tries or my particular download of the game had some sort of display error.

HMS Invincible
2019-02-10, 07:06 AM
Orion is definitely male and is for sure the teddy bear mascot, not the big boob lady.

For farming, how much bonus have you guys managed to get? Plus 19-20 coins is all I can manage.

Yael
2019-02-10, 07:30 AM
Orion is definitely male and is for sure the teddy bear mascot, not the big boob lady.
Hereafter refered as Princess Peach and Toad. :smallbiggrin:

For farming, how much bonus have you guys managed to get? Plus 19-20 coins is all I can manage.
I'm at 19-21 if I can get a support with a 5* gacha ce. I remembered that farming this event is pretty easy, even more with molds. I've done only the Archer node by getting 1-2 extra molds as drop every 1-2 fights.

NeoPhoenix0
2019-02-10, 07:39 AM
well i can get 27-28 on the one class i am focusing on. so far this year my luck seems to have shifted from the too many SRs not enough CEs to all the CEs and almost no servants. my tickets managed to get me 3 of the 5 star CE on the ladies banner.

nightwyrm
2019-02-10, 11:08 AM

With support, +30 or 31. I have a full set of the 5* CE coz MHXA didnt come for the longest time.

ellenate
2019-02-10, 12:23 PM
decided to just get a chocolate for each of my ssr's. Orion's scenes where hilarious, thought i was going to get killed at one point...

I don't know what's more horrifying, qp hell, or orion's mad face.

Red Fel
2019-02-10, 01:19 PM

To be fair, Heracles' scene is already voiced.

I mean, it's Heracles' voice - that is to say, inarticulate roaring - but still, it counts. Maybe. Sort of.

I think basically everyone is going to want Shuten once they make the change, though. Because ASMR vocals.

Saambell
2019-02-10, 01:27 PM
I can get +22 Berserker Coins, assuming Nightwyrm has been online recently. Otherwise around +20 or +21. But yeah, Nightwyrm's suffering in the gacha has been key to my farming im sorry to say. The assassin grind was bad, im sticking to Berserker/Saber grinds for now. Got all the gifts I really wanted, now for the shop. Getting about 240 Berserker coins, then about 15 All coins in one run is my go to grind. Havent touched the sweet yet, sticking with the bitter. Assuming I can get Cu Alt, LArtoria, and MHXA(Support) all to NP before the Final Battle, I can clear that in one turn.

nightwyrm
2019-02-10, 02:53 PM
Well, I guess I'm glad ppl are benefiting from my gacha pain. I feel like a certain Hero of Justice. :smalltongue:

Saambell
2019-02-10, 08:42 PM
New Master Missions are up, all they are saying is "Keep Grinding, but try different classes". Meanwhile I already cleared out the Medals and used them to get LArtoria's first skill to 6, now to grind Fangs and Lancer Gems. Also cleared out the Cursed Gall Stones and got the Lore. Which means I can get Stage 4 Gorgan. Now to clear out the scales, lanugo, gears and fangs. Followed by the Embers and Fous. If I still have a will to live after those maybe the Grease and a few of the Monuments and Pieces.

As a reminder, whats the next big event after Valentines? As in, anything to tempt me while waiting for SE.RA.PH.? I know some story things, but I dont recall if theres any major servent release I would be tempted by.

For me my list right now is Kiara and Nero Summer. After that I am not sure. Theres a few others I would like, but those are my top two I want. I would need to give the upcoming events another once over to remember if theres any others I really want, but if I cant recall of the top of my head they are likely just a "would be nice" rather then a "must roll for them".

nightwyrm
2019-02-10, 09:15 PM
The next story chapter, Shinjuku, is next. Afterwards, we get GudaGuda rerun, Chaldea boys (just a banner), and GudaGuda2.

Saambell
2019-02-11, 10:43 AM
Started leveling MHXA, and I once again am finding the Gacha a blessing and a curse. "Here's a very cute 5 Star. Also you will need 20 Medals, hope you weren't wanting those for someone else" Was so hyped at being able to cut my grind for LArtoria's skills in half, just for the gacha to hand me a servent that needs them too. Well, once I finish emptying the item shop for the event, its back to Camalot's Castle and to murder armies of Knights.

The Gacha Giveth, and does something rude while doing so.

EDIT a Day in the Future: All I got left to gather is the Mana Prisms. Which will take like 9380 coins for me to clean it out. This will be the antithesis of fun. Might just move on to Medals after doing a day or two more grinding of coins.

Yael
2019-02-12, 03:40 PM
https://webview.fate-go.us/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/0211_VRMash/banner_20180227_c5nb2.png
(https://fate-go.us/news/?category=NEWS&article=%2Fiframe%2F2019%2F0211_VRMash%2F)
We are getting a new event featuring our best Kouhai's VR experience. It is coming tomorrow and will give us 10 SQ, an exclusive CE, and a Mash CE exclusive banner (no rate ups.) So along with the Nintendo Direct tomorrow, February 13 will be a good day~

Blackhawk748
2019-02-12, 04:48 PM
I just need to say that Cleopatra's gift giving scene is hilarious.

Yael
2019-02-12, 05:06 PM

Now imagine it with Takahashi Rie's wonderful tsundere voice.

NeoPhoenix0
2019-02-13, 01:01 AM
(https://fate-go.us/news/?category=NEWS&article=%2Fiframe%2F2019%2F0211_VRMash%2F)
We are getting a new event featuring our best Kouhai's VR experience. It is coming tomorrow and will give us 10 SQ, an exclusive CE, and a Mash CE exclusive banner (no rate ups.) So along with the Nintendo Direct tomorrow, February 13 will be a good day~
gotta say, that Mash CE banner is horrifyingly tempting, but i must stay strong. any tickets i get atm go to MHXA and SQ goes into the waifu vault.

HMS Invincible
2019-02-13, 04:41 AM

I don't see that as an option. Is this based only on servants that you have?

NeoPhoenix0
2019-02-13, 05:27 AM
I don't see that as an option. Is this based only on servants that you have?
yeah, you can only give and receive chocolates from your own servants.

Hunter Noventa
2019-02-13, 08:13 AM
So...much...farming...

I'm not even using apples and I'm outright sick of the farming. I haven't even burned through all the saber molds so I've been using the same team for days.

But there's so much left to buy.

Resileaf
2019-02-13, 08:14 AM
At least the event is a long one though. Two weeks of farming without apples instead of one week of farming with apples is relatively pleasant.

NeoPhoenix0
2019-02-13, 02:55 PM
whoever priced the mana prisms should have done some simple math. it takes about as much chocolate to buy 67 of the servants craft essences to buy out the mana prisms.

Hunter Noventa
2019-02-13, 03:49 PM
whoever priced the mana prisms should have done some simple math. it takes about as much chocolate to buy 67 of the servants craft essences to buy out the mana prisms.

I think those are meant to be 'you're still grinding? here have something to spend it on'.

I've just been buying out all the skill mats so far, after getting the CEs and Embers, which I split between LAlturia and Nursery Rhyme.

NeoPhoenix0
2019-02-13, 04:29 PM
I think those are meant to be 'you're still grinding? here have something to spend it on'.

I've just been buying out all the skill mats so far, after getting the CEs and Embers, which I split between LAlturia and Nursery Rhyme.
mats are a secondary consideration! I need those mana prisms. the mana prisms started as a way to buy the mana prism shop CEs not really as a sink for extra grind. and i never put in the insane grind needed to buy all the mona lisas so now i need to buy those.

Yael
2019-02-13, 09:33 PM
For what is worth, the event is pretty long in duration, so we'll get enough time to go slowly. I already bought all the event CEs, mats and fou, I'm not buying the Prisms as I'm already at 6k and don't plan to buy the Prism Shop CEs until Chaldea Tea Time (https://grandorder.wiki/Chaldea_Tea_Time) is up. I'm farming up for QP, as leveling up Ecchan's skills costs a ton.

nightwyrm
2019-02-13, 11:54 PM
I've already cleared out the shop except for statues, MPs, and ~10 choco CEs.

NeoPhoenix0
2019-02-14, 01:15 AM
yeah, i need to save up for tea time too, but i need so much QP that i pretty much have to buy these Mona Lisas now that i can. thankfully i know full well that the only other prism CE i missed maxing i did on purpose cause Master XP up sounds like a curse rather than a benefit... those level up AP refreashes were a few and limited and now they are gone... until we get the XP expansion.

in other news i did the challenge quest and for some reason this one hit me harder than normal and did some rediculous quests with no command seal usage. serves me right for trying a non arts team. also i ran out of caster molds and my riders were definitly my best team since i'm using pretty much only 4 star servants. i think my next best team is lancers so at least i get to use minidusa.

Yael
2019-02-14, 01:43 AM
For those not aware.
https://webview.fate-go.us/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/0212_600thday/banner_20190215_ppoj2.png (https://fate-go.us/news/?category=NEWS&article=%2Fiframe%2F2019%2F0212_600thday%2F)

Extra 10 SQ for the 600 days campaign, which is pretty good~!

Also, on the topic of the Challenge Quest, I did it with the same setup as the Château d'If (Mash, Martha, Merlin | Nero, Kintoki (Rider) | Cu Chulainn).
It was harder somehow (I did it on first try but spent the Command Spells on it), I lost my whole party by the time the Blue Valkyrie showed up (around 7 enemies left) and best doggo actually stayed up around 4 rounds by himself (took down the Queen of Honey and Shooting Godess). Had I used better my master skills I may have not needed to refill the party with CS. It took me 42 turns and I won't be touching it again, thanks.

Nerocite
2019-02-14, 05:49 PM
This challenge quest was a lot easier for me than the Dantes one. My team was Waver, Merlin, and Raikou, with a second Merlin once Mama died. Spamming NPs was pretty effective, even with the HP recover down debuff.

Red Fel
2019-02-14, 07:52 PM
Yeah, having a Raikou guest was a huge help. Second try, I managed to clear it at only the cost of my command seals. And I have to say, having a ready-to-fire AoE effective against everyone as soon as you bounce back? Really helps clear the plate.

Fact is, I cleared more than half of them before I even got to that point. That's the advantage of bringing Mash, Herc, and ROAD ROLLA DA. The real trick was prioritizing targets - primary targets were Assassins and Archers, for their short NP charges, followed by anyone with an AoE. It was far too tempting to get rid of Nightingale, but fact is she was one of the least threatening opponents, so she managed to outlast a good five or six of her colleagues.

So not trying that again.

As for the shop, I'm... not trying all that hard, I guess? I'm still lazily plugging away at these little cutscenes - I'm pretty much done with all of my chocolate scenes, and only have gift scenes left. I'm not starved for any materials, and I'm not convinced that these CEs are super-tempting. (Maybe for next year?) So I'm just kind of chipping away gradually.

spectralphoenix
2019-02-15, 12:10 AM
I've been hammering away at the sweet difficulty missions - the forbidden pages are a better prize than anything left in the shop.

The challenge quest was tough, but I pulled through at the expense of my command spells. Still, I only need to do it once and there's nothing else to use the seals on in the next three days, so a win's a win.

nightwyrm
2019-02-15, 03:21 PM
Shinjuku announced. Whore yourselves out on Facebook/Twitter for quartz.

Yael
2019-02-15, 05:53 PM

Indeed, announced it is! We have no information on its launch date, yet, but it should be pretty soon (next week, maybe.) Let's help out with that campaign so we get 10 SQ! (a very good improvement from the standard 3 meme.)
https://fate-go.us/shinjuku/assets/img/top_img_event_cs.png (https://fate-go.us/shinjuku/)

Resileaf
2019-02-15, 06:11 PM

Ohey, you're on the TvTropes forums too.
Small internet.

nightwyrm
2019-02-15, 07:19 PM
Ohey, you're on the TvTropes forums too.
Small internet.

I'm on rpg.net as well. I probably spend too much time on forums.

Indeed, announced it is! We have no information on its launch date, yet, but it should be pretty soon (next week, maybe.) Let's help out with that campaign so we get 10 SQ! (a very good improvement from the standard 3 meme.)

Story chapters have always been 10SQ. Events get 3.

DrakeRaids
2019-02-16, 10:30 AM
Mostly finished with Valentines, excited for Shinjuku. The last challenge quest was a little hard but I managed to -narrowly- pull a no Merlin, no Command seal win that I was pretty happy with. Cleo is just an absolute monster at wave clear stuff, and did great. Still trying to save, that Melt animation rework looks REALLY tasty.

HMS Invincible
2019-02-16, 11:25 AM
Welp, no MHXA for me. I'll have to console myself with altera. New year's was way more rewarding for me.

ellenate
2019-02-18, 11:51 AM
Slowly marching towards lvl. 100 with my mhxa.

Grinding QP is a lot easier than people made it out to be. If i find the time, i can do one grail a day.
Granted that might all be due to how easy s. mordred makes the quest.

ImperatorV
2019-02-18, 02:34 PM
Slowly marching towards lvl. 100 with my mhxa.

Grinding QP is a lot easier than people made it out to be. If i find the time, i can do one grail a day.
Granted that might all be due to how easy s. mordred makes the quest.

Grinding QP isn't hard, just tedious. I can three-turn the quest every time, but it only gives around 1 million QP, and I can need upwards of 50 million sometimes. Do I want to run that three-turn quest 50 times? Hell no. Spreading it out over several days helps, but I still end up with Servants that don't have their skills maxed. And I haven't even grailed anybody yet.

Yael
2019-02-18, 02:38 PM
Nice on that quest to get lv 100 ecchan, I'm gathering up materials to raise her from 6/6/10 to her 10/10/10.

So, apart from he Shiinjuku event, we are getting something interesting it seems. Memorial Quests (first forecast for second anniversary) are making an appearance because of the FGO USA Tour (https://fate-go.us/news/?category=NEWS&article=%2Fiframe%2F2019%2F0216_tour2019_cp%2F) as a commemorative campaign!
Difficult quests that mirror the main events (or important fights) from 100 Years of Wars of Dragons all the way to the Absolute Demonic Front. The reward is a ticket for each clear, and an eight challenging quest.
Now I do believe this is all new content, this wasn't a thing when Shinjuku first released, two years back. The Challenge Quests may be the ones that were available during the second anniversary, but then again, they may be not, which makes this exciting!

Also, Break Bars are being introduced, raising the difficulty ceiling way up. :smalltongue:
https://webview.fate-go.us/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/0216_tour2019_cp/info_03_por4k.png

Also, singularty-based summoning campaign (click image for details.)
https://webview.fate-go.us/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/0216_tour2019_cp/banner_20190224_j4rf2.png (https://webview.fate-go.us/iframe/2019/0216_tour2019_pu/)

NeoPhoenix0
2019-02-19, 01:55 AM
these memorial quests are surprisingly hard. as in if i don't plan out my team right they will take out a couple servants. i am so glad that i managed to get an avenger though. i really wouldn't want to fight those wyverns with that kind of protection.

Yael
2019-02-19, 03:57 AM
these memorial quests are surprisingly hard. as in if i don't plan out my team right they will take out a couple servants. i am so glad that i managed to get an avenger though. i really wouldn't want to fight those wyverns with that kind of protection.

I had no trouble up to the Camelot fight, as expected. I tried that damn knight 9 times, at which point I gave up and used the CS to revive. I am currently trying Singularity F, which is pretty broken.Saber Alter will always priorize Caster servants (because those are supporters most of the time), and buffs herself at the start of every turn, so this is pretty hard.Her Defender of Humanity EX skill is pretty strong, it is basically her Bond CE on every hit (defense down each hit), and she just won't stop Mana Bursting before releasing Excalibur Morgan, and she won't stop Intuition before going all into my caster support.

In the end I did win, by using one full SQ. I retried twice, of course.

Break Bars will be... a thing.

NeoPhoenix0
2019-02-19, 05:18 AM
I had no trouble up to the Camelot fight, as expected. I tried that damn knight 9 times, at which point I gave up and used the CS to revive. I am currently trying Singularity F, which is pretty broken.Saber Alter will always priorize Caster servants (because those are supporters most of the time), and buffs herself at the start of every turn, so this is pretty hard.Her Defender of Humanity EX skill is pretty strong, it is basically her Bond CE on every hit (defense down each hit), and she just won't stop Mana Bursting before releasing Excalibur Morgan, and she won't stop Intuition before going all into my caster support.

I used my, "I give up i can't believe i'm allowing myself to use the smug bastard" team. with consists of support Merlin, Tamamo-no-Mae, and Archuria. the rest of the team is a couple backup archers and mash. and the Atlas institute Uniform.
edit: important note for the consistency of my version of this team, i have a MLB prisma cosmos on Tamamo, and a MLB Formalcraft on Archuria. to get things started Merlin also had a 50% NP start CE.
having two casters helps spread the pain around and merlin has the healing over time and invuln for the NP when it actually manages to go off. Tamamo has the burst heals and skill cooldowns. they also have all the NP gen to get off their NPs as often as possible. you can probably use a different mystic code but the skill cooldown skill came up once to get the invuln up in time, and the cleanse was used when one of the casters had too many defense debuffs piled on. the invuln button was used when ever a mage got too low and i didn't have heals up so i needed a turn of heal over time. though i'll be honest the fight looked hard so i didn't actually try to not use Merlin, so i managed to do this in one try with no revives and no lost servent.

i did end up using command seals on Camelot though cause i used a generic archer team.

Hunter Noventa
2019-02-19, 08:15 AM
Oh boy, those sound not fun. I'm getting what chocolates I can before it runs out before I try these memorial quests. And no doubt fail miserably because my support options are woefully inadequate, outside of friends.

Well, it turns out Merlin was enough (Tamamo got wiped out by dragons real quick) to help me take out Jalter with Jack, Carmilla and Mash. (Herc also fell to a single NP blow from a dragon, since it was a jerk and did its NP charge then hit him).

ellenate
2019-02-19, 10:52 AM
Grinding QP isn't hard, just tedious. I can three-turn the quest every time, but it only gives around 1 million QP, and I can need upwards of 50 million sometimes. Do I want to run that three-turn quest 50 times? Hell no. Spreading it out over several days helps, but I still end up with Servants that don't have their skills maxed. And I haven't even grailed anybody yet.

I've been doing it somewhat leisurely so it's been kind of fun.

Mhxa was the reason i decided to play the game so she's my first.

Nice on that quest to get lv 100 ecchan, I'm gathering up materials to raise her from 6/6/10 to her 10/10/10.

I have the mats to max KIH but i don't have enough QP... that 20mil is going to be a huge wall to climb.

I had no trouble up to the Camelot fight, as expected. I tried that damn knight 9 times, at which point I gave up and used the CS to revive. I am currently trying Singularity F, which is pretty broken.

Same except i used them one at a time... big mistake. Did it by the skin of my teeth in the end though.

Saber Alter will always priorize Caster servants (because those are supporters most of the time), and buffs herself at the start of every turn, so this is pretty hard.

I was livid, "why do you keep on attacking my caster!".

Her Defender of Humanity EX skill is pretty strong, it is basically her Bond CE on every hit (defense down each hit), and she just won't stop Mana Bursting before releasing Excalibur Morgan, and she won't stop Intuition before going all into my caster support.

Even with class advantage, it's like hitting a brick wall. My crits don't even do that much. I'm really not looking forward to these break bars...

I never really optimize my teams but still these quest were hard.

Resileaf
2019-02-19, 10:58 AM
I'm a bit miffed that the challenge quests come before the end of the Valentine event, as I'm going to be busy farming chocolates for the next two days, so that will give me less time to complete the challenges.
But they are only 5 AP to start, so it won't be a problem to repeat them should I need to restart them due to losing.

NeoPhoenix0
2019-02-19, 04:24 PM
I'm a bit miffed that the challenge quests come before the end of the Valentine event, as I'm going to be busy farming chocolates for the next two days, so that will give me less time to complete the challenges.
But they are only 5 AP to start, so it won't be a problem to repeat them should I need to restart them due to losing.
if you want to you can wait till after valentine's, the quests will still be there for a few more days after, you just won't have as much time to recover command seals.

Resileaf
2019-02-19, 04:32 PM
if you want to you can wait till after valentine's, the quests will still be there for a few more days after, you just won't have as much time to recover command seals.

Yeah, I checked how long the challenges would be there for. It's why I'm just slightly miffed, because of the lost time and opportunities for CS cheesing.

Red Fel
2019-02-19, 08:26 PM
The memorial quests pretty much vary in difficulty based on your Servant assortment. With the right collection - heck, with a single team - certain fights are just easy. At least, that was the challenge I gave myself: To beat as many of them as I could using the same team. Here's the team I used: Mash, Heracles, Saberlot, Medb, ROAD ROLLA DA. With the exception of Herc (who was using Snowy Castle), none of them were using any noteworthy CEs; this was my default team, so they all had Bond Up or QP up. Most importantly: I did no reading ahead for this.

So, how'd it go?

I brought a second Herc (Snowy Castle) as a Guest. It was pretty straightforward. Kill the Dragon Witch ASAP, since you don't need her buffing the Dragons. Remember she's a Ruler here, so Berserker is basically the only way to maintain advantage. I could have made it easier on myself by keeping Assassins on the back row, but dual Hercs are hard to kill.

I brought a guest Archuria. No sweat. When Herc went down, Saberlot stepped up, and while he didn't have class advantage, that meant my entire team was Arts-focused - which basically turbo-charged Archuria into a ST NP murder machine. Done and done.

I did not beat this. Not with that team. The AoEs and debuffs hit hard. Getting rid of Medea Lily is the easy part, but I need to figure out how to get the advantage on that Pillar. So this one goes on the "to do" pile.

Tough, but manageable. I wasn't able to get the guest ST Saber I wanted, so I settled on Mordred for... ironic reasons. The best reasons. Clearly Lalter agreed, because she punished her son. And then, after Mordred went down, Saberlot stepped up, and actually wound up winning the fight. Again, ironic reasons.

This was actually the easiest for me, because guest Shishou. Seriously, a guest Shishou with Halloween Princess basically breaks this fight like an egg. I just waited until her NP was charged and I had a brave chain lined up, and let her do her thing, and she murdered him utterly. Which is exactly what you'd expect in a battle between Shishou and the doggo.

No. No. No. No. No.

No.

... I did not beat this one.

Surprisingly easy. Brought a guest Herc again, not that it matters - no type advantage to exploit. Still, the pair of them, plus Mash in an NP chain, meant lots of attack-up ST NP damage. Charging was easy, healing was free, it felt almost like a vacation compared to that blond gorilla I still have to go back and murder.

So, yeah. Your selection of Servants really does make basically all the difference. Now if you excuse me, I have to make a certain species of sunbathing ape extremely endangered.

EDIT:

So, yeah, I did a dumb thing my first time in. I should not have targeted Medea; she's a distraction. Went back and tried it again, same team, but with guest Quetz, focusing fire on the Pillar. Not even a challenge. Not even a little bit. And with him gone, there was nobody to prevent what I did to the world's worst (best?) pancake baker.

Amusingly, after Pillar died, Lily managed to take down Quetz. It didn't save her.

So, yeah. Score another for the default team.

That means the only fight my default team couldn't handle was the Sixth. Calling that a pretty solid win, overall.

Yael
2019-02-20, 01:40 AM
No. No. No. No. No.

No.

... I did not beat this one.

Yes, basically this.

NeoPhoenix0
2019-02-20, 02:22 AM
I see, they need to shut down the server to update the text in thier summon info... At this point I am starting to become curious to see the spaghetti code they duck taped together when they made this game. I know they made it as a bit of a throw away game at first so it isn't entirely fare. But still.

Hunter Noventa
2019-02-20, 08:13 AM
I've managed a couple so far thanks to Merlin support, I doubt I'll be able to do all of them though.

And ditto on them not waiting til V-Day was over to bring this out, if only because most people's support lists still have v-day CEs on them.

Manticoran
2019-02-20, 12:46 PM
Managed all of them with my team of:

NP3 Vlad, NP1 Tamamo, Np4-5 Wavers(Friend support, not mine!), Mash, Blavatsky, Herc

...Except for Singularity F. I got her down to less than a million HP on the last bar, but I died, and since I didn't realize this was coming, and I'd been using my seals to make farming easier on the V-day stuff every once in a while, I gotta wait until tomorrow until I do it with all 3 seals ready for a reset.

Considering swapping out Blavatsky for an archer of some kind, by the time she was getting pulled in it felt like I needed more damage rather than further support, but that might have just been because I got relatively unlucky and Vlad died somewhat early. Also considering swapping her out for Jeanne, and just running a less good CE on Mash or Tamamo.

spectralphoenix
2019-02-20, 01:11 PM
Managed the first seven handily enough, though Gawain took several tries. I could handle the double NP, but that surprise self-charge made things hard.

The eighth was tough though. Used my command spells when she was 15k above the last break bar, then went down again at 200k and decided to blow an SQ. I probably should have waited a few days for a second try, but I was done with the fight at that point. The break bars themselves weren't the problem, that stacking defense debuff was the problem. I had Mash, Tamamo, and Support Cu Alter in front, under the theory that Shrine Fox could tank and Cu could murder unmolested. Which worked brilliantly at first, but she simply melted under the weight of all those debuffs. It also didn't help that my archer options are Emiya, Euryale, and Hood. Which did me no favors for the Gawain fight either.

ellenate
2019-02-20, 04:34 PM
Did bonus quest, only took one sq!

team:

orion mash merlin tamamo b&r (archer) musashi

The spamming wasn't really as strong as i though it was going to be. I wanted to lolz curbstomp. :smallannoyed:

Got nothing from any of the tickets, but wanted to get pulling out of my system.

Horde mode unti like september once valentine event is over!

Red Fel
2019-02-20, 08:07 PM
Went back for a certain sunbathing gorilla. Brought an Archer team. Still wound up using command seals. Probably should have brought Euryale.

Tried Singularity F. Got the first break bar down. Got crushed. Probably won't do that again.

With that, I'm pooped.

HMS Invincible
2019-02-20, 09:46 PM
desperately trying to farm 1000 Mana prisms, but life keeps getting in the way. Not going to make it with an hour left

nightwyrm
2019-02-20, 11:49 PM
Finally got around to doing the last challenge quest. Went in with Archuria/Merlin/Tamamo with Atlas MC and took 24 turns. No one died and didn't have to use a CS but it was touch and go a few times even with the Merlin-Tamamo engine running.

Tried to roll for Artoria and her Alter on the singularity banner with my Memorial tickets and got nothing. Anyone got anything good?

Saambell
2019-02-21, 12:42 AM
I have gotten into saving mode as I gear up for April/May with Kiara's banner. Spent a few tickets trying on one of the Valentines banner, but now I'm sticking to stockpiling for Kiara.

Yael
2019-02-21, 06:18 PM
Apparently, Shinjuku releases the 24th, due to some leaks in the news page. Welp, gotta be ready for those Break Bars~

Resileaf
2019-02-21, 09:46 PM
I managed to get Salter to 200K in her final phase before having to use my command seals.

I think I did fairly well.

Also I tried to pull Mordred in the rate up.

I got NP2 Tesla and Lancer Alter.

I know I should be happy about that, but I really wanted Moedred.

Nerocite
2019-02-22, 12:21 AM
Chloe+Double Merlin took down the final challenge, took a couple tries after some bad crits. Rest of them weren't that exciting.

Saambell
2019-02-22, 09:55 AM
Mistakes were made last night. Huge mistakes. I saw the Mordred rate up and lost control. Spent 120SQ on that banner. Got Fragment, a Fran shaped Rare Prism, and a Kids Book. So all in all, kind of wasted. Really wanted the Moe Knight or the Ox King, but will have to settle for a solid CE and yet another 4 star caster. Already had a Fran, dont really use her and her NP isnt great, which is what lead to the burning. Now I'm back to square one and hoping I can somehow pull enough SQ together by the end of April.

Resileaf
2019-02-22, 10:34 AM
That reminds me, I did get a second Stheno too.
So I burned her and now I'm going to be farming green cubes to buy the Da Vinci CE.

Callos_DeTerran
2019-02-22, 09:51 PM
For people still fighting the last challenge quest and having unexpected difficulty, the boss does explicitly target Casters with a hateful vengeance. If you're having trouble with the boss singling out your Tamamo, Merlin, or Waver, that's why, she's specifically targeting the people buffing up your team above other targets.

That said, I used command seals on Gawain but otherwise didn't have a ton of problems with him and the final boss...well...She cost me two quartz to get one summoning ticket so I consider it worthwhile. Double Gilgameshes didn't do the lolawesome damage I thought it would either time I tried it but Tristan and David were worth their weights in gold.

HMS Invincible
2019-02-23, 09:25 PM
Salter is rough, I had a guest level 100archertoria with level 100ce arts 30%, and I still had to use command seals. Line up was mash/iron will, tamamo/maid Halloween, support, Chloe/supper, Merlin/before Awakening, Helena/original legion.
Maid in Halloween and Helena is a mistake. Next time I'll do Orion, and bring another def CE.

Yael
2019-02-24, 06:22 AM
I got a grim reminder of my inability to save tickets, as I used them all in the special banners. It's a bittersweet feeling, as I got Enkidu while aiming for Gorgon, in the Babylon gacha, though I regret this a lot, as if I had used them, and hit the same chance, in the Camelot one, I would've gotten Ozymandias or the Lion King, which hurts a lot as I do really want those two and really dislike clay boi.

Heh, well, a 5* is a 5* in the end, I'll pile him up along TamaLancer that I haven't raised due to having a 10|3 LAlter.

HMS Invincible
2019-02-24, 10:18 AM
Tama lancer>lancer alter. Though I'm so desperate for Lancers, I'd take any of them. The altria overload in fgo leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Red Fel
2019-02-24, 02:07 PM
Tama lancer>lancer alter. Though I'm so desperate for Lancers, I'd take any of them. The altria overload in fgo leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Two different animals. Literally in Tama's case.

Tama Lancer is a ST anti-male beast. She has excellent NP gen, a powerful ST Buster NP, and good stargen. Her passives (+Quick, +Arts, +damage) are exceptional. Her Beach Flower is a decent party buff. However, her Midsummer Curse and Goddess Morph abilities come with strong drawbacks (enemy NP charge and self-stun, respectively). Really, though, that's her only downside - she's otherwise a pretty solid Lancer with consistent damage output and a moderately-spammable NP. She fits comfortably into any team layout as her own thing.

Ox-King is not that and was never meant to be that. She is neither about strong ST damage nor consistent damage. Ox-King is about AoEs and damage spikes. Her Mana Burst is one of the best in the game, on raw numbers. Protection of World's End is objectively one of the best buffs of its type, and again illustrates her propensity for spike damage. And her NP is a Buster AoE with DEF-ignoring damage, NP Lock and Curse. That's basically how Ox-King is intended to be used - build a team around charging, buffing, and launching her AoE.

In other news, finally decided to take another crack at Singularity F and Salter 2: Death to All Casters. I did not plan strategically - my team was Mash plus every Archer I could grab (EMIYA, guest Archuria, Chloe, NOBU!, and Atanyanta). So I had no real debuff methods, and only half of my team had an "ignore incoming NP" button. (Could have brought David for that role. Did not.)

I got her partway into her second health bar before I had to blow my command seals. I got her down to 650k remaining on her final health bar before I had to blow an SQ. But I beat her. Punchline, doing so actually increased NOBU!'s bond from 5 to 6, which got me a 2 SQ bonus - so this battle was actually a net gain of 1 SQ. Plus a summon ticket and bragging rights. Score!

Yael
2019-02-25, 12:23 AM
Epic of Remnant is officially out! We got new servats, more story, lots of quartz, and our first sub-singularity for more content~!

https://webview.fate-go.us/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/0225_shinjuku_info/banner_2019_2_24.png (https://fate-go.us/news/?category=NEWS&article=%2Fiframe%2F2019%2F0225_shinjuku%2F)

New Servants
https://grandorder.wiki/images/thumb/2/29/Icon_Servant_156.png/70px-Icon_Servant_156.png (https://grandorder.wiki/James_Moriarty)https://grandorder.wiki/images/thumb/1/1f/Icon_Servant_157.png/70px-Icon_Servant_157.png (https://grandorder.wiki/EMIYA_(Alter))https://grandorder.wiki/images/thumb/6/6e/Icon_Servant_158.png/70px-Icon_Servant_158.png (https://grandorder.wiki/Hessian_Lobo)https://grandorder.wiki/images/thumb/9/91/Icon_Servant_159.png/70px-Icon_Servant_159.png (https://grandorder.wiki/Yan_Qing)

HMS Invincible
2019-02-25, 01:23 AM
At first glance, Not a fan of the new servants, but is the mustache english archer dude any good?

But on the bright side, finally a good source of materials has arrived.

NeoPhoenix0
2019-02-25, 02:09 AM
i just realized, we have 10 more master levels we can gain!

Hunter Noventa
2019-02-25, 08:12 AM
Ah good, I can save my quartz because I don't want any of those servants.

Red Fel
2019-02-25, 10:19 AM
At first glance, Not a fan of the new servants, but is the mustache english archer dude any good?

Well, let's go down the list.

Archer of Shinjuku: Note that this is a Limited Servant - unlike the rest of these, he doesn't pop up on normal banners. So if he's your husbando, get him here. This guy is an Archer with an Arts focus (QAAAB) and ST Buster NP. His passives are fairly standard, debuff resist and crit strength. For actives, he has an Invulnerability Ignore with crit star absorption boost, which can be handy; a useful NP steroid/charge that costs crit stars (and therefore basically requires you to put him on a crit team), and a so-so Charisma skill that works best with an Evil Servant team. So, he can be a crit damage dealer thanks to his Archer role, or he can spam NPs thanks to his three Arts cards and NP charge button. But he's not particularly good at either. Really, the main reason to whale for him, if at all, is that he's a way better dad than Lancelot.
Assassin of Shinjuku: He's a very crit-focused Assassin; both of his passives and all of his actives involve crits and crit stars. Note also that his second active will see an upgrade next year, turning into a Green Button. However, he has low native stargen and low NP gen. And while he has high base HP, he has no survival skills. Lastly, his NP is a straightforward damaging ST Quick, its only added effect being a crit reduction. Bottom line, you probably have a better Assassin.
Avenger of Shinjuku: The fluffiest Avenger! He's a crit-oriented literal beast. In terms of passives, he gets a boost to NP when taking damage (at the cost of party debuff resist), boosted crit strength, and an automatic NP charge over time. His actives include one skill that massively increases crit absorption and also boosts defense (which seems unnecessary in a class weak only to Berserkers at present), one that boosts ATK, and an ST debuff button that reduces Death resist. That's useful, because his NP is an ST Quick with chance to Death. That said, his HP is lower than Jalter or Dantes, his ATK is lower than any other Avenger except Angry, and his utility is basically limited to when his skills are online. He's fine as a general damage dealer, but he doesn't shine the way that Jalter or Dantes do.
In short, this banner is only worth pulling if you have particular affection for one of these Servants.

Additionally, while not on the banner, EMIYA Alter is unlocked when you complete this Singularity. He has a mixed kit (QQAAB) and an ST Arts NP that ignores Def and has a chance to reduce enemy NP charge. He's compared to a 4-star version of Archuria, and for good reason, although his abilities are more selfish. Like EMIYA, he has Projection to boost all card types. But instead of an Evade button, he has one that boosts DEF and grants Damage Cut. He also has a neat ATK buff that lasts for five turns or three attacks, and is pretty strong. Only problem is, because he's added to the Story Summon, your chances of getting him are pretty low.
So, short version? No, no he is not.

nightwyrm
2019-02-25, 01:06 PM
For those who wants Emiya Alter, he'll be in the second Shinjuku banner along with SAlter.

Saambell
2019-02-25, 06:18 PM
For those who wants Emiya Alter, he'll be in the second Shinjuku banner along with SAlter.

He will also be on Rate Up in SE.RA.PH. along with Liz and Robin Hood on Kiara's banner. So, if you want both him and Kiara, its far better to save for that banner and get them together.

Nerocite
2019-02-26, 12:33 AM
The old man came home! Unfortunately he needs 216 spine tinglers, so the grind is on.

NeoPhoenix0
2019-02-26, 07:42 AM
I made an infuriating discovery. Break bars cannot be broken by damage over time effects. even though damage over time can kill bosses...

Hunter Noventa
2019-02-26, 08:12 AM
I made an infuriating discovery. Break bars cannot be broken by damage over time effects. even though damage over time can kill bosses...

Well that's good to know. Rider of Shinjuku was my first encounter with the Break Bars, because I never got around to Salter in the memories. Somehwat annoying, but really he had enough HP that there wasn't really anyway for me to worry about the bar stopping me from killing him any faster than I did.

Leecros
2019-02-26, 09:28 AM
So, I wanted the angry puppens, but got two of some old guy instead.

I'm not mad.

I'm just disappointed.

With that said, I did need a 5* Archer so...there's that.

Resileaf
2019-02-26, 10:04 AM
I want Salter's dog in my team. In fact, if Salter could have that dog at all times with her in-game, I would feel nothing but happiness.

ImperatorV
2019-02-26, 08:16 PM
Friggin ragepuppy has forced me to withdraw six times now. And I haven't even hit his final fight yet. This wolf is kicking my butt more then Tiamat ever did.

nightwyrm
2019-02-26, 10:19 PM
Ragepuppy is a male so you can always treat him like the Gorilla and use Euryale.

ImperatorV
2019-02-27, 01:29 AM
Ragepuppy is a male so you can always treat him like the Gorilla and use Euryale.

...That would have been a good idea, what with my lv70 7-4-10 Euryale and all. I'm already finished with him though :smalltongue:

Yael
2019-02-27, 05:20 AM
I finished the singularity last tuesday, and I must say I did enjoy it, though Camelot set high standards in difficulty and Babylonia also did in regards of story, and Shinjuku didn't break those bars. It was fine, and I kinda enjoyed more each individual character (especially the main villain.)I really enjoyed the Noble Phantasm of the Phantom Detectives pointing out Moriarty's the culprit, it was a nice touch that was akin to the theme of the sub-singularity.
Also, Moriarty is best dad and I do want him just because he was such a likable character all around the story. I actually fell for the last plot twist regarding Good Moriarty, I wasn't expecting that to be the plan all along, at least not that way.
Lobo is (second) best dogo, and a good dogo I want, too. The poor thing.
EMIYA (Alter) was nice, he didn't get the spotlight, but finally seeing (and using) Unlimited Lost Works just made me want to summon him, so I'll try in the Shinjuku 2 (I won't in Extra because I do not want Kiara).
Assassin of Shinjuku was the least interesting for me, though he is kinda cool, being a doppleganger.

Oh, and the alters. I loved the alters, every single moment with both of them, their rivalry (reflected on their alignment), and race for Master's attention is just CUTENESS OVADORAIVU. In the past I wanted JAlter mostly because of her Shinjuku outfit, playing through EoR1 reinforced this. Also, DW is falling behind in not releasing Shinjuku Saber Alter, what's going on?

Overall, 8/10, would replay.

NeoPhoenix0
2019-02-27, 07:34 AM
I finished the singularity last tuesday, and I must say I did enjoy it, though Camelot set high standards in difficulty and Babylonia also did in regards of story, and Shinjuku didn't break those bars. It was fine, and I kinda enjoyed more each individual character (especially the main villain.)I really enjoyed the Noble Phantasm of the Phantom Detectives pointing out Moriarty's the culprit, it was a nice touch that was akin to the theme of the sub-singularity.
Also, Moriarty is best dad and I do want him just because he was such a likable character all around the story. I actually fell for the last plot twist regarding Good Moriarty, I wasn't expecting that to be the plan all along, at least not that way.
EMIYA (Alter) was nice, he didn't get the spotlight, but finally seeing (and using) Unlimited Lost Works just made me want to summon him, so I'll try in the Shinjuku 2 (I won't in Extra because I do not want Kiara).
Assassin of Shinjuku was the least interesting for me, though he is kinda cool, being a doppleganger.

Oh, and the alters. I loved the alters, every single moment with both of them, their rivalry (reflected on their alignment), and race for Master's attention is just CUTENESS OVADORAIVU. In the past I wanted JAlter mostly because of her Shinjuku outfit, playing through EoR1 reinforced this. Also, DW is falling behind in not releasing Shinjuku Saber Alter, what's going on?

I think this is my personal favorite singularity, even though it doesn't have Ereshkigal in it. I wasn't a fan of the inconsistent feeling narrative of Babylon even though it was overall quite good, and i don't think the peaks of Shinjuku reach those peaks but find i like the the story. though i personally feel like the ending post Holmes disappearing was a bit weak in this particular story. but i also think that is almost fitting especially with how the story pretty much became a different story once Moriarty wasn't on your side anymore. I found Moriarty to be quite enjoyable though not enough to spend my tickets and SQ on. though i did like Lobo. The Alters were amazing, and this just makes me want Jalter even more, why can't she be on the banner with the others ;-; next chance is a one time 1 in 51 GSSR which will somehow be Drake for me again. So i can only resolve to whale for her come January. which unfortunately comes on the heals of ereshkigal...

Hunter Noventa
2019-02-27, 08:49 AM
I don't have as much time these days so I'm working through it slowly. Puppy Mk2 wasn't too bad, but I am not looking forward to his final form.

Salter and Jalter are the best though.

Manticoran
2019-02-27, 10:01 AM

I believe that Berserker Jalter and Rider Salter in the summer event are basically that, though?

NeoPhoenix0
2019-02-27, 02:40 PM
I believe that Berserker Jalter and Rider Salter in the summer event are basically that, though?
those servents don't have the same costume as the sttreet clothes they wear in this singularity. however avenger jalter will get a costume dress for her street clothes sometime after we get teh costume dress system.

spectralphoenix
2019-02-27, 05:55 PM
Whelp, finished up the singularity. Did pretty well too, if I may say so myself - did the entire thing without Command Spells.

Yeah, Moriarty was cool, but I would totally draw on a Salter/Jalter banner if there was one.

It might be time to grail Lancer Vlad, though. He earned it - just about everything in this singularity was both evil and either weak to Lancers or weak to no class. Wrapped up the last fight with a 253k Fortress of Impalement.

Not sure if I want to draw - an avenger, a 5* single-target archer, and to a lesser extent a 4* assassin would all be good for me in theory, and Moriarty WAS pretty damn cool, but they're all pretty low on the tier list. And I'm sure there are more cool dudes and dudettes just around the corner.

HMS Invincible
2019-02-27, 08:24 PM
This singularity gave me my first bond10 servant CE... Unfortunate it's hans, which means+30% debuff resist ONLY while on the field. Such crud.

NeoPhoenix0
2019-02-27, 10:07 PM
This singularity gave me my first bond10 servant CE... Unfortunate it's hans, which means+30% debuff resist ONLY while on the field. Such crud.
yeah, support casters tend to get used all the time, my first two were waver and tamamo, followed by 4star nero cause i use nero all the time. kinda miss using nero all the time cause she was like the ultimate safety net.

Hunter Noventa
2019-02-28, 09:01 AM
I just remembered that I never bought this months embers from the prism shop, so I did that and Lalter is so very close to maximum level now.

Red Fel
2019-02-28, 09:16 AM

To be fair, most Bond CEs are pretty underwhelming. There are a few outstanding ones, such as Heracles' "I will never die and you can't make me" CE, but most are just some meh party boost. You're typically better off selecting something more specialized, like Another Ending or Halloween Princess.

Yael
2019-02-28, 01:47 PM
To be fair, most Bond CEs are pretty underwhelming. There are a few outstanding ones, such as Heracles' "I will never die and you can't make me" CE, but most are just some meh party boost. You're typically better off selecting something more specialized, like Another Ending or Halloween Princess.

Yep, there are some like Arash's or St. George's that are pretty amazing, too. Though most give moderate buffs and niche stuff. I do hope Bond 15 is something other than 30 SQ.

NeoPhoenix0
2019-02-28, 03:38 PM
Yep, there are some like Arash's or St. George's that are pretty amazing, too. Though most give moderate buffs and niche stuff. I do hope Bond 15 is something other than 30 SQ.
i think it has been confirmed by some hardcore grinders that bond 15 is just 30 more SQ but that is still 150 SQ for using servants that you use all the time anyway so i'm not going to complain when the update hits. it'll be nice to be rewarded again for using my own Tamamo since she is maxxed out and i've been super lucky with a NP3

Yael
2019-03-01, 12:43 AM
i think it has been confirmed by some hardcore grinders that bond 15 is just 30 more SQ but that is still 150 SQ for using servants that you use all the time anyway so i'm not going to complain when the update hits. it'll be nice to be rewarded again for using my own Tamamo since she is maxxed out and i've been super lucky with a NP3

Oww, I was aware on bond 11-14, not on 15 (that's hardcore times 10). Also, yes. I want another excuse to keep SAlter in my team.

DrakeRaids
2019-03-01, 01:53 PM
Karna spook today! How is Shinjuku treating you guys? I've been working with an Evil Only team, and Li Shuwen and Tamamo have been hard carrying.

ellenate
2019-03-01, 02:26 PM
I don't have as much time these days so I'm working through it slowly. Puppy Mk2 wasn't too bad, but I am not looking forward to his final form.

Salter and Jalter are the best though.

Same, i only did i few. the singularity itself seems pretty fun, the fact that the nodes are like 1-2 battles makes it a lot more doable.

Do the nodes stay that low? I'm strapped for time latel,y so it's to my benefit, but i'd really like to make the most of the bond up effect.

speaking of...

I'm so close ( if you could call a 100,000 close ) to unlocking ozy's bond ce. It's not game changing but i'm hoping to make use of it when farming qp with mordred. :smallsmile:

NeoPhoenix0
2019-03-01, 04:02 PM
Same, i only did i few. the singularity itself seems pretty fun, the fact that the nodes are like 1-2 battles makes it a lot more doable.

Do the nodes stay that low? I'm strapped for time latel,y so it's to my benefit, but i'd really like to make the most of the bond up effect.
if i remember right i think there is a node with three and a node with four. but that's really it.

Resileaf
2019-03-02, 11:15 AM
Shinjuku done, and the final boss battle was surprisingly easier than the second to last.
Still, had fun through that campaign.

DrakeRaids
2019-03-02, 02:28 PM
For the penultimate fight I had to bust out Merlin. I just couldn't do it with Tamamo, not enough burst. Need to get her skills higher. For the final fight though, it turns out Asterios with multiple stacking NPs makes even opposing NPs hit like tissue paper. That was fun.

Nerocite
2019-03-02, 11:04 PM
Yep, there are some like Arash's or St. George's that are pretty amazing, too.

David's is hilarious for the insta-death memes.

Yael
2019-03-04, 12:52 AM
https://webview.fate-go.us/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/0304_shinjukupu2/banner_20190319.png (https://fate-go.us/news/?category=NEWS&article=%2Fiframe%2F2019%2F0304_shinjukupu2%2F)

Emiya Alter and Saber Alter rate up is up.

I ended up burning 150 SQ on this because of how much I like EAlter's design, though I ended up not getting him...

I got, though, two copies of Saber Alter (hello, NP3), and a Zhuge Liang! Which is unexpected, yet welcome.

Red Fel
2019-03-04, 08:52 AM
Emiya Alter and Saber Alter rate up is up.

I ended up burning 150 SQ on this because of how much I like EAlter's design, though I ended up not getting him...

I got, though, two copies of Saber Alter (hello, NP3), and a Zhuge Liang! Which is unexpected, yet welcome.

I allowed myself to spend two tickets. I got another copy of Medea Classic, and a second Nitocris. So not a total loss - Nitocris is now NP2, which is... a thing - but I didn't get either Alter.

Time to keep saving.

Resileaf
2019-03-04, 09:26 AM
Salter does not come with a dog, so no buy for me.

nightwyrm
2019-03-04, 10:15 AM
6 ticket, no SAlter. I'll probably have to use the free SR ticket for her later this year.

Hunter Noventa
2019-03-04, 12:01 PM
Well the banners liked me today. 6 tickets got me EMIYA Alter, which I honestly don't much care about, as I've got plenty of Archers. Then the first summon from the Quartz I had budgeted was a silver saber...that turned gold...and turned out to be, as I desired, Salter.

This is great, means I can use the free 4* for Gorgon.

ellenate
2019-03-04, 12:36 PM
Well the banners liked me today. 6 tickets got me EMIYA Alter, which I honestly don't much care about, as I've got plenty of Archers. Then the first summon from the Quartz I had budgeted was a silver saber...that turned gold...and turned out to be, as I desired, Salter.

I was so bored last night i was going to pull but i got every class on the banners covered. Not to mention the thought of getting another archer makes me physically sick.

though i still want my free oda. every single archer i have is st (except kidgil). :smallannoyed:

This is great, means I can use the free 4* for Gorgon.

i was looking at future servants and wu zetian looks like a go for me. she grooves really well with ozy... granted the assassin class isn't ideal.

... or caster gil now that i'm looking at him.

Hunter Noventa
2019-03-04, 01:06 PM
i was looking at future servants and wu zetian looks like a go for me. she grooves really well with ozy... granted the assassin class isn't ideal.

... or caster gil now that i'm looking at him.

Thing is that I don't have an Avenger at all, so it seems like an obvious choice. Salter is my 5th 4* Saber, EMIYA Alter my...6th 4* Archer I think?

I'll have to go put my servants into a proper list at some point.

Resileaf
2019-03-04, 01:07 PM
I'll get Gorgon just for the waifu material. XD

HMS Invincible
2019-03-04, 01:16 PM
My lineup for section 17 didn't work against the demon pillar. Had to use my command seals. Bah

What's this about free 4 star servant. When is this? Don't you get a guaranteed 4 star when you 10 pull already?

Pick up summon 2 is decent, but I already have Chloe so that means I'm only rolling for salter. I threw a ticket in, and got nothing. Let's see if temptation strikes again when I finish Shinjuku. Her interaction with jalter is lovely.

Yael
2019-03-04, 01:25 PM
What's this about free 4 star servant. When is this? Don't you get a guaranteed 4 star when you 10 pull already?

During the second anniversary this year, we'll get a campaign for a special ticket that can be exchanged for any 4* (non-limited), similar to the ones like the start of EN server or halfway through 2018 (which could be exchanged for any starting 4*).

This will be repeated during the third anniversary, iirc.

spectralphoenix
2019-03-04, 01:30 PM
Did a 10-pull on banner 2 - I liked Salter, and I could really use another archer (all I had at 4*+ was Emiya Prime). Ended up getting both Emiya Alter and Florence Nightingale, which was pretty awesome. I'm not 100% sure how to use the game's premiere support Berserker, but I'm prepared to find out.

nightwyrm
2019-03-04, 01:40 PM
During the second anniversary this year, we'll get a campaign for a special ticket that can be exchanged for any 4* (non-limited), similar to the ones like the start of EN server or halfway through 2018 (which could be exchanged for any starting 4*).

This will be repeated during the third anniversary, iirc.

Not the anniversary. It was the 10mil download in JP and should be about Sept for us.

Resileaf
2019-03-04, 03:15 PM
Not the anniversary. It was the 10mil download in JP and should be about Sept for us.

Admitedly, that's pretty far but it pays to be prepared.

Friv
2019-03-04, 03:16 PM

People already covered the ticket, but it is worth remembering that the guaranteed 4* on a 10-pull is a guaranteed 4-5* Servant or Craft Essence, and no one knows how the breakdown actually works because FGO specifically doesn't tell you. It is possible that the breakdown is still a 1% chance of a 5* servant and a 4% chance of a 4* servant, and the other 95% is Craft Essences. Or it's possible that the CE to Servant ratio is the same, so you have a 80% chance of getting a CE and a 20% chance of getting a servant.

Similarly, the 10-pull also guarantees a servant, but it's unclear on if it's 95% chance of 3* servant, 4% 4* and 1% 5*, or if the CE chances move over and it's 80% chance of 3* servant, 15% chance of 4* servant and 5% chance of 5* servant.

Finally, no one knows whether the gatcha pulls eight times, checks whether the guarantee conditions have been met, and then adjusts for the last two pulls, or whether it auto-generates the two guaranteed spots and then goes and generates the other eight totally randomly.

In essence, it is impossible to know how much benefit the tenth pull actually gives, aside from "some".

Leecros
2019-03-04, 09:32 PM
Whelp. Managed to pull Hessian Lobo on my day 7 login streak Ticket. Delish.

Now I have at l at least a 4-star in every current class available. On top of that, It's basically all that I want from Shinjuku(I don't really care one way or another about Emiya or Salter). So it looks like i'm good on spending SQ until

Hmm...

hm hm...

May?

I wonder if I have the mental fortitude to keep my hand off the gacha until then...

Callos_DeTerran
2019-03-04, 09:33 PM
Finished Shinjuku but honestlyfound it a bit...underwhelming for what a bunch of people werecalling their favorite EoR. Archer of Shinjuku and the phantom fiends concept was interesting but not much is done with it, I'm honestly a bit sick of seeing JAlter's all the time now since the villain I actually liked is largely gone and SAlter isn't super interesting to me.

Honestly the stand out character to me in this 'singularity' was the MC and EMIYA Alter. Whom I am conflicted on. Cause originally I was just sort of ambivilant on him but after Shinjuku, I think k he's actually pretty interesting and I wouldn't mind pulling for him!

But I hate the edit made to him. Its censorship, it was sloppily implemented, and quite frankly its an awful edit that screws with the lore of the servant. And I do NOT want to give DW the impression I approve of that sloppy, ugly bit of censorship stapled onto an interesting character with a cool theme but throwing quartz at his rate-ups unless he's going to be fixed. Which isn't a super big problem since its not like he has a ton of rate-ups...but one of those is on KIARA'S banner who I've been waiting for since I started playing the game.

So now I'm torn about what to do...

ellenate
2019-03-04, 09:45 PM
Thing is that I don't have an Avenger at all, so it seems like an obvious choice. Salter is my 5th 4* Saber, EMIYA Alter my...6th 4* Archer I think?

I'll have to go put my servants into a proper list at some point.

i was going to get her to but with an unexpected spook i no longer find myself needing an avenger.

I was thinking of np2-ing one of my current sr's with the free 4* event but i always shoot them off when they hit 100.

Unless it's for lolz, is charging up pass 100 ever really that practical? Maybe i should go with medea lily, her skill set is designed for going past 100.

Resileaf
2019-03-04, 10:03 PM
I'm honestly a bit sick of seeing JAlter's all the time now

I'm pretty sure that's heresy.

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/706/204/d3f.jpg

ellenate
2019-03-05, 12:34 AM
I'm pretty sure that's heresy.

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/706/204/d3f.jpg

there are like 15 of them alone on my friend's list. i could see how someone would grow fatigue of seeing her. :smallamused:

NeoPhoenix0
2019-03-05, 01:00 AM
there are like 15 of them alone on my friend's list. i could see how someone would grow fatigue of seeing her. :smallamused:
https://static1.squarespace.com/static/52c2df7ae4b0d215dded86fd/t/586fc7d92e69cf728dbef4e3/1483720669331/

Red Fel
2019-03-05, 09:07 AM
I'm honestly a bit sick of seeing JAlter's all the time now

Wanna know my trick to not seeing all the Jalters?

I don't look at the Extra slot. Because let's be honest, it's not that valuable a slot. You should hang out in the Berserker slot more. You can get sick of Raikou instead.

You know. Because you're a monster, apparently.

Hunter Noventa
2019-03-05, 09:39 AM
Wanna know my trick to not seeing all the Jalters?

I don't look at the Extra slot. Because let's be honest, it's not that valuable a slot. You should hang out in the Berserker slot more. You can get sick of Raikou instead.

You know. Because you're a monster, apparently.

I'll never get sick of Raikou...well except for all the Raikous not slotted with Kaleidoscope, because I need that 80% initial charge for ember farming.

I can do a full alter party now though. Salter, Lalter, Lily Spam Jeanne Spam Alter, Santa Alter, EMIYA Alter.

Similarly, I can go full Saberface. Salter, Lalter, Lily Saber, Santa Alter, Nero.

Red Fel
2019-03-05, 09:57 AM
I'll never get sick of Raikou...well except for all the Raikous not slotted with Kaleidoscope, because I need that 80% initial charge for ember farming.

I can do a full alter party now though. Salter, Lalter, Lily Spam Jeanne Spam Alter, Santa Alter, EMIYA Alter.

Similarly, I can go full Saberface. Salter, Lalter, Lily Saber, Santa Alter, Nero.

Yes, but can you do full Arturia? Saber, Lancer, Archer, Assassin, Sith Lord Berserker...

Seriously, though, we can now officially field teams of the Alter OG Trio (Salter, Demiya, Mad Dog), which is just delightful. Hey, if Alters are inversions, does that mean those three actually get along for a change?

Resileaf
2019-03-05, 09:59 AM
Yes, but can you do full Arturia? Saber, Lancer, Archer, Assassin, Sith Lord Berserker...

Seriously, though, we can now officially field teams of the Alter OG Trio (Salter, Demiya, Mad Dog), which is just delightful. Hey, if Alters are inversions, does that mean those three actually get along for a change?

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say no.

Red Fel
2019-03-05, 10:14 AM
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say no.

Yeah, that's fair.

Oh, by the by, the Chaldea Boys banner has been announced. It will feature new Servant Arthur (Prototype), as well as Waver, Uncle Vlad, Shocking Gentleman, Angsty Archer #5, Hot Pink, Mad Dog, DAJAKU DAJAKU, and Best Clay, switching out over several days.

In terms of base stats, Arthur is solid. His HP is middling, but his ATK is the best of any Saber. His NP gen and stargen are middling as well. In terms of passives, he has the Arturia-standard pair of Magic Resistance and Riding. In terms of skills, his Mana Burst is A-rank, meaning +50%, not bad at all - pretty standard for a Saberface. Likewise, his Instinct is A-rank, which is the best rank for a pure Instinct skill, but pure Instinct isn't nearly as good as other Instinct-related skills (e.g. Blessing from World's End). Finally, we have his unique skill, Giant Beast Hunt, which is an NP charge (useful on a Servant with low NP gen) and 1-turn bonus to damage against Large enemies. The Large trait, as it suggests, is possessed by monsters who are physically big on the screen. So this is an anti-non-Servant-boss booster for turns on which he uses his NP, basically.

Speaking of his NP, it's a bog-standard Buster AoE. It comes with a baked in NP damage+, which is useful, but that's about it. It works really well with overcharge, creating the potential for excellent AoE damage, but even this gets outperformed by Saber Classic.

Bottom line? He's pretty bog-standard, he can be out-NPed by a starting Servant, and even his niche against Large enemies can be outdone by ST Sabers. He's basically only there if you want to see his pretty, pretty face. Almost any of the other Servants on the Chaldea Boys banner would be a better choice, gameplay-wise.

Hunter Noventa
2019-03-05, 10:16 AM

No sadly. I so very wish I'd gotten MHX or MHXA...but considering I got Jackie instead of MHX back when the latter came out I won't complain too much.

spectralphoenix
2019-03-05, 10:55 AM
i was going to get her to but with an unexpected spook i no longer find myself needing an avenger.

I was thinking of np2-ing one of my current sr's with the free 4* event but i always shoot them off when they hit 100.

Unless it's for lolz, is charging up pass 100 ever really that practical? Maybe i should go with medea lily, her skill set is designed for going past 100.

The only real use for charging past 100 is that it gives you a cushion against NP drain effects - getting all the way to 200 is almost never practical.

That said, most NPs only have the secondary effect based on overcharge, while the primary effect (the damage multiplier, usually) is based off of the NP level. So it could absolutely be worth pushing someone to NP2.

Resileaf
2019-03-05, 11:05 AM
The only real use for charging past 100 is that it gives you a cushion against NP drain effects - getting all the way to 200 is almost never practical.

That said, most NPs only have the secondary effect based on overcharge, while the primary effect (the damage multiplier, usually) is based off of the NP level. So it could absolutely be worth pushing someone to NP2.

All NPs have a secondary effect based on overcharge. Most overcharges aren't particularly strong or useful, and the easiest way to overcharge is by chain NPing, not building up the bar to 200%.

It is nonetheless important to know what your overcharge can do, for if they increase your damage, the buff is generally well worth it. Jack the Ripper, for instance, has her overcharge increase her damage against female enemies, which makes her exponentially stronger against her niche, but it's entirely pointless to overcharge against male enemies.

Red Fel
2019-03-05, 02:05 PM

Very much this. It's a pretty major reason why I don't see duplicate 4- and 5-star Servants the way some people do ("Oh, look, I got a Rare Prism out of the gacha") - because upping the NP, at least to NP2, is typically worthwhile for the base damage. Assuming it's a damaging NP - non-damaging NPs (e.g. Waver's) see significantly less benefit from increasing NP level. (For reference: Increasing Waver's NP increases the DEF-down penalty.)

Rather amusingly, some of the Servants who most benefit from having a higher-level NP are those who get it almost automatically. For example, Rider Kintoki has an absolutely exceptional NP growth scale - from 1200% damage at NP1 to 2000% at NP5. Contrast that with Ozymandias, who has 600% at NP1 and 1000% at NP5. (Admittedly, DAJAKU DAJAKU has better stats, better passives, and a Buster NP. But Kintoki NP5 beats Ozy NP1, hands down.)

In terms of who benefits from overcharge, though? There are a few. Tamamo immediately comes to mind. The base effect of her NP barely changes at all - the heal increases from 2000 at NP1 to 3000 at NP5 - but the overcharge effect is a team NP charge that increases from 25% normally to 50% at overcharge. That leap is huge. Bonus, she's Arts-oriented, which is basically the only feasible way to approach overcharge. Similarly, Medea Lily's overcharge effect increases the debuff resistance of her NP from 20% to 100%, and her Rapid Words of Divine can pop up to 150% charge at the push of a button. Additionally, Kintoki Rider crops up again - the overcharge effect on his NP increases his Quick damage (including his NP) from 10% to 90%, and he also has a solid NP charge button. And then you have Lancer Arturia, with a 50% NP charge button, whose NP returns NP gauge based on overcharge, from 20% base to 60% overcharge. Again, this is extremely powerful, letting Larturia more readily spam her (otherwise bog-standard) NP.

ellenate
2019-03-05, 03:34 PM
Knowing all of that i can't help but still want np2 for osakabehime. I know it will most likely end in failure but i can hope for at least one. (then i could at least chain for the overcharge effect)

Hunter Noventa
2019-03-05, 04:49 PM
Knowing all of that i can't help but still want np2 for osakabehime. I know it will most likely end in failure but i can hope for at least one. (then i could at least chain for the overcharge effect)

You don't need to have the NP Leveled up to get the overcharge effect, I don't think. At the very least, my Tamamo is only NP1 but if I use her third in an NP chain it's still listed at 300% and the little 'OC' indicator pops up as well.

NeoPhoenix0
2019-03-05, 04:52 PM

you forgot rider and in a few months we will have another rider

but caster Artoria wen?

ellenate
2019-03-05, 06:13 PM
You don't need to have the NP Leveled up to get the overcharge effect, I don't think. At the very least, my Tamamo is only NP1 but if I use her third in an NP chain it's still listed at 300% and the little 'OC' indicator pops up as well.

so that's what that oc icon means. i thought it was some sort of symbol...

Yeah, i could use her in a chain, but her np is purely supportive. I'd want her np to ideally be at 200 followed by 2 other quick damage nps. for damage sake.

ImperatorV
2019-03-05, 07:08 PM
so that's what that oc icon means. i thought it was some sort of symbol...

Yeah, i could use her in a chain, but her np is purely supportive. I'd want her np to ideally be at 200 followed by 2 other quick damage nps. for damage sake.

...Huh? Tamamo's NP doesn't boost damage though, so there's literally no reason to put it in front. Actually, you want Tamamo's NP to go last, as part of its effect is charging NP gauge, which is rendered useless if you put it before the other two NPs.

Resileaf
2019-03-05, 08:16 PM
...Huh? Tamamo's NP doesn't boost damage though, so there's literally no reason to put it in front. Actually, you want Tamamo's NP to go last, as part of its effect is charging NP gauge, which is rendered useless if you put it before the other two NPs.

Unless the charge from Tamamo brings the other NPs to a new overcharge tier.

ellenate
2019-03-05, 08:20 PM

Osakabehime not tamamo.

HMS Invincible
2019-03-05, 10:56 PM
I got tired of messing around farming evil servants bond points, so I decided to finish the last section with Jalter/merlin instead of my evil servant lineup. Easiest fight of the year. I forgot how strong buster crits is compared to quick teams or arts teams.
Overall, I liked shinjuku for the improved farming rates, and the lovely Jalter/salter interaction. Everybody else was lame.

Hunter Noventa
2019-03-06, 08:38 AM
Apparently we're getting half-AP ember farming for a bit, so I'll never finish Shinjuku at this rate.

Resileaf
2019-03-06, 09:58 AM
Yes! I'll be able to farm silver embers for green cubes so much easier now.
Might even use some apples to do it faster. Seeing as I have a hundred and all.

ellenate
2019-03-06, 04:20 PM
Yes! I'll be able to farm silver embers for green cubes so much easier now.
Might even use some apples to do it faster. Seeing as I have a hundred and all.

i can never bring myself to do that, not even to stock-up for future servants.

How i was able to pull off getting 3 chaldea lunchtimes is a mystery to me. It might have been the nero event or something.

Hunter Noventa
2019-03-06, 07:29 PM
*sees final battle of Shinujku*

*sees lack of Command Seals*

NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE.

Resileaf
2019-03-06, 10:35 PM
*sees final battle of Shinujku*

*sees lack of Command Seals*

NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE.

I know that feel.

Although you may be talking about the second to last battle here. ;)

For what it's worth, the real final battle is easier.

Hunter Noventa
2019-03-07, 08:10 AM
I know that feel.

Although you may be talking about the second to last battle here. ;)

For what it's worth, the real final battle is easier.

No, definitely talking about the battle with two bosses with break bars, one of whom can outright erase a servant every three turns.

Red Fel
2019-03-07, 10:09 AM
So, the Chaldea Boys event is up! And good news, you get not one, but two choices of CE - one a re-run from last year's batch, and one from this year's new batch. ProTip: If you plan on pulling on the banner, don't select your CE until after that, since you can pull some of these CEs and it may impact your decision.

So, which will you choose? Here are my thoughts:
Chaldea Boys 2018 Re-Run:
Kiss Your Hand: It's an all-around performance card, pretty decent for everyone. But that's the problem - it's pretty decent for everyone, and usually what you want in a CE is something specifically focused for this Servant. Fine for all-purpose, but you probably want something better.
Teacher and I: I got two of this last year from pulls, somehow. On the one hand, this is fantastic for crit-oriented Buster servants who don't necessarily generate NP well, since you start off with gauge. But the thing to remember about starting-gauge CEs is that you are foregoing some other, permanent benefit - CEs can only give you so much - for the more immediate benefit of an NP starting charge. Once you use that NP, that benefit is gone, and you're left with half a CE. Still, this is one of the best.
Versus: On the one hand, this is extremely narrow in focus and extremely temporary - the benefits only last three turns. On the other hand, this is probably one of the most powerful anti-Divine CEs out there, so if you really need to take down a Divine boss, fast, this is a pretty niche CE that lets you do that.
Four Beasts in Moonlight: Another all-rounder. This one increases NP gen, which is useful; boosts crit star gen, also useful; and gives low-level healing each turn. It's an extremely unusual combination, and it's the one I picked last year. Admittedly, I never use it, because at the end of the day, each of these bonuses is relatively small, and if I want them there are better CEs that offer them individually.
Glass Full Sweet Time: The primary function of this CE is its Ignore Evasion (Sure Hit) ability. There are and will be others with that ability. The rest of this CE - the damage boost and damage cut - is pretty minor, really. So it's only really worth it if you particularly want Sure Hit.
Noisy Obsession: A boost to crit damage and NP damage is nice, but the Charm boost is pretty niche. And if you got Holy Night Supper, you've basically got a better CE anyway - slightly lower boost to crit and NP damage, but starting NP charge. Let's be honest, is NP charge or Charm worth more to you?
Salon de Marie: You'll probably never use this.
Prince of Slayer: You'll almost certainly never use this.
Chaldea Boys 2019:
Conversation on the Hot Sands: Boosts star absorption and crit damage. Berserkers and Avengers, who don't absorb stars well but benefit from crits, can really use this.
Detective Edmond: Remember the Kara no Kyoukai event and its Decapitating Bunny CE? This is that, but for Arts instead of Quick. We'll also get a Buster one in a future Halloween event. But yeah, this is really simple and really useful - an Arts boost, coupled with hit every enemy ever. Don't forget that Pierce Invincible includes Sure Hit, and therefore hits both Invincible and Evade targets.
As You Wish: +25% NP gain is nice. First-turn invincibility is mostly useless. But the CE name makes me nostalgic.
Cafe Camelot: This is for stalling - DEF, debuff resist and HP recovery. Unless you plan on stalling a bunch, this is mostly useless.
Outrage: +15% NP gain is nice. First-turn taunt is... Peculiar. Not inherently bad, but tactical. For example, you can put it on a back-row Servant to function as a sacrificial lamb, then use the third skill on your plugsuit to swap that Servant in to soak an otherwise deadly hit. But Outrage isn't the only card to do that - Halloween Arrangement did that back in the day, with a +60% DEF boost, and Grand New Year does it coupled with invincibility. So, overall, it's fine if you want a one-turn Taunt for this specific purpose, but otherwise... Not great.
Operation Fionna: Starting with 10 crit stars and enjoying a +8% Buster boost is fine. But that's a starting buff, which isn't necessarily when you need that crit boost. Also, an upcoming Christmas event shop CE will give us 15 crit stars and +8% Buster and Quick, which is just strictly superior.
Quatre Feuilles: A low-grade all-rounder. Same thing I said about Kiss Your Hand, but pretty much strictly worse.
Neverland: Stargen, crit damage and NP damage. A nice little package. But much like Quatre Feuilles was a weaker Kiss Your Hand, this is a weaker Four Beasts in the Moonlight.
La Siesta: Gain 50 HP, 1% NP, and 1 crit star every turn. Adorable and mostly useless.
For the 2018 Re-Run, I'll probably end up choosing another Teacher or Four Beasts. For 2019, though, I'm thinking either Hot Sands or Edmond, frankly. Hot Sands would be really good for a crit-happy Zerker like Lancelot, but Edmond is just a really great way of ignoring the whole invincibility problem.

Resileaf
2019-03-07, 10:10 AM
No, definitely talking about the battle with two bosses with break bars, one of whom can outright erase a servant every three turns.

Well let me just ask to make sure.

Does winning the battle give you a Grail or a quartz? Because if it's a quartz, there's another final battle afterwards.

Hunter Noventa
2019-03-07, 10:27 AM
Well let me just ask to make sure.

Does winning the battle give you a Grail or a quartz? Because if it's a quartz, there's another final battle afterwards.

Ah, I don't recall, but you're probably right that I'm not quite there. Still, this certainly feels like a final battle. Hurts like one anyway.

NeoPhoenix0
2019-03-07, 10:36 AM
i'm definitely grabbing Dantes, this will greatly improve my Archuria team's capabilities
since i already have a beasts under the moon i'm gonna have to grab noisy obsession for Astolfo reasons...

Red Fel
2019-03-07, 02:29 PM
I've been going back over my choices, and discovered some caveats.
Four Beasts: I mentioned that this was an unusual combination. True in part, but not entirely. Four Beasts grants +12% (+15%) NP gen and stargen, and 200 (300) HP per turn. But Kitchen*Pattisiere grants +15% (+20%) NP gen and stargen. While K*P has no healing component, the NP and stargen are strictly better, and I have one of those. I'd probably never use Four Beasts over K*P.
Teacher and I: Grants 50% (60%) starting NP gauge, and +300% (+400%) star absorption. But how good is that star absorption? Well, Sealing Designation Officer, which only grants star absorption, grants +600% (+800%). Room Guard grants the same as Teacher and I, but with Damage Cut 300 (400) instead of NP gauge. Leisurely Strolling and Beyond a Wish grant +400% (+600%), plus +10% (+15%) Arts and Buster performance respectively. And then there's Hot Sands, below. So Teacher and I is positioned pretty well, all things considered. My intuition is to go that route.
Hot Sands: Grants +400% (+600%) star absorption, and +20% (+25%) crit damage. Compare it with some of the CEs above in terms of absorption, but in terms of +crit damage, you have Victor of the Moon and Another Ending, swapping absorption for +10% (+15%) Buster and Arts performance, respectively; Holy Night Sign and Covering Fire, with a lower +crit damage boost but +Quick performance and flat +damage, respectively; and Holy Night Supper, with +10% (+15%) crit damage, +10% (+15%) NP damage, and 30% (50%) starting NP gauge. Also worth noting, during the 3rd Anniversary, we'll get A Tale of Love and Hope, which gives +100% (+200%) star absorption, +10% (+15%) crit damage, and 50% (60%) starting NP gauge. Tale is particularly noteworthy in this regard; although the bonuses to absorption and crit damage aren't as high, the starting NP gauge is significant.
Detective Edmond: The Pierce Invulnerability effect on this CE is rare enough to make it noteworthy on its own. The effect attached to it, +8% (+10%) Arts performance, is basically secondary to that.
Under the circumstances, I think my choice is made. Waver and Alexander get one, and much as I love Best Clay, Dantes gets the other.

Resileaf
2019-03-07, 04:53 PM
Detective Edmond: The Pierce Invulnerability effect on this CE is rare enough to make it noteworthy on its own. The effect attached to it, +8% (+10%) Arts performance, is basically secondary to that.[/list]

On an offensive arts character that doesn't have pierce invuln or sure shot, this can be an absolute lifesaver, I'd bet.

ellenate
2019-03-08, 12:31 AM
Picked my two ce!

"conversation on hot sands"
"teacher and i"

unfortunately i didn't realized before i did so, they were also in the gacha (which really didn't matter because i didn't plan on pulling...

but i got bored, so i did)

blew my entire stash (which was like 60 sq and 6 tickets)

got a mix of the featured ce's

and two sr's

Emiya (assassin)

astolfo

forget all that though

i got 4 bests under the moon!

Having a bunch of ce's that i can't limit break makes my skin crawl. (i have 3 "Witch Under the Moonlight" that haunt me till this day)

Long story short. Didn't redeem 2 of the monthly summon tickets, and got the 5th ce on the first pull!

Also besides my sense of completion being satisfied, the ce really synergizes well with MHXA. It was FATE! :smallbiggrin:

Saambell
2019-03-08, 01:33 AM
Dont you need 5 CEs to MLB them? EDIT: Just noticed and comprehended the "got the 5th on a ticket" bit. I hate how bad I am at reading comprehension.

Meanwhile I had a Teacher and I from last year, so this year I picked up Noisy Obsession and Conversation on the Hot Sands. Noisy Obsession seems perfect for Euryale or Medb, while Hot Sands seemed good for CuAlter and ZerkLot. Going to do my best to stay off the Gacha until end of April when Nero Bride comes around and I can do a few rolls on her then spend the rest for Kiara. But I dont expect it to go as planned, very low self control. One strong urge and I just spened my reserves. Like how I almost never have more then 6 Tickets at any time. But I'm going to make an attempt this time. Will probably post when I mess up next.

Hunter Noventa
2019-03-08, 08:39 AM
Half-price Ember farming has begun.

*slams AoE NP buttons rabidly*

ellenate
2019-03-08, 11:41 AM
Dont you need 5 CEs to MLB them? EDIT: Just noticed and comprehended the "got the 5th on a ticket" bit. I hate how bad I am at reading comprehension.

Yeah i should've put "...", instead of "!"

but.. i was happy i got them, nevertheless. Couldn't help but put the exclamation point.

Also i tend to write like i'm doing dialogue. I suppose it could be a bit confusing to follow.

Meanwhile I had a Teacher and I from last year, so this year I picked up Noisy Obsession and Conversation on the Hot Sands. Noisy Obsession seems perfect for Euryale or Medb, while Hot Sands seemed good for CuAlter and ZerkLot.

oh so they let you get another, even if you did it the previous year?

Going to do my best to stay off the Gacha until end of April when Nero Bride comes around and I can do a few rolls on her then spend the rest for Kiara. But I dont expect it to go as planned, very low self control. One strong urge and I just spened my reserves. Like how I almost never have more then 6 Tickets at any time. But I'm going to make an attempt this time. Will probably post when I mess up next.

Same. It doesn't help that every time i broke down and dipped into my saved sq's for MHXA i got an ssr. :smallsigh:

NeoPhoenix0
2019-03-08, 01:41 PM
oh so they let you get another, even if you did it the previous year?

Same. It doesn't help that every time i broke down and dipped into my saved sq's for MHXA i got an ssr. :smallsigh:
Yeah, i did this last year and i still was able to do the exchange ticket, based on the description i woulda thought for sure it wouldn't let vetarens get another go but it did.

as for my breaking down and going for MHXA... i got a fran spook... I don't need an NP2 fran though, I have an NP5 cat and not enough kaleidoscopes to run a full farm team without supports.
everything else i pulled was trash, i am stuck in total garbage luck territory since babylonia, and that was only for gorgon and minidusa. been getting a few 4 stars i wanted but other than the GSSR enkidu with too much competition in scathach and summer tamamo, i haven't had any big luck since summer.

Red Fel
2019-03-08, 02:27 PM
Yeah, i did this last year and i still was able to do the exchange ticket, based on the description i woulda thought for sure it wouldn't let vetarens get another go but it did.

as for my breaking down and going for MHXA... i got a fran spook... I don't need an NP2 fran though, I have an NP5 cat and not enough kaleidoscopes to run a full farm team without supports.
everything else i pulled was trash, i am stuck in total garbage luck territory since babylonia, and that was only for gorgon and minidusa. been getting a few 4 stars i wanted but other than the GSSR enkidu with too much competition in scathach and summer tamamo, i haven't had any big luck since summer.

Yeah, all I can say is just save up.

Don't roll just because this new Servant is shiny and OP. There will be other OP Servants.

Don't roll just because this new Servant has a clip where they do something heartbreaking. (Dammit, no fair showing that face, Arthur.)

Saving up 60 SQ won't get the Servant you want. Saving up 180 won't get the Servant you want. Just save all of it, and roll for the one thing that matters.

You know what that is.

Side note, has anyone been paying attention to JP? Because Kingprotea is the daughteru I never knew I need right now.

Resileaf
2019-03-08, 02:36 PM
Side note, has anyone been paying attention to JP? Because Kingprotea is the daughteru I never knew I need right now.

She's pretty popular on TvTropes right now. Lots of memeing going on.

Yael
2019-03-08, 03:15 PM
I also went with Hot Sands, it's rather good for a free CE. I already had Teacher and I from last year and the Gil/Cu/Emiya CE which I like, so I ended up picking something random from the rerun.

Ah, by the way, we have news from two beloved characters.

https://fate-go.us/gudaguda_revival/assets/img/prologue_txt.png (https://fate-go.us/gudaguda_revival/)

The event is starting the 12th up to the 27th.

NeoPhoenix0
2019-03-08, 03:32 PM
they need a chibi nobu costume for nobu.

Hunter Noventa
2019-03-08, 04:20 PM
So glad this event is coming back, I was one Golden Skull short of maxing out Nobbu last time it was around, and she got left behind by my other archers.

Red Fel
2019-03-08, 04:29 PM
So glad this event is coming back, I was one Golden Skull short of maxing out Nobbu last time it was around, and she got left behind by my other archers.

To be fair, it's not hard for NOBU! to be left behind by other Archers. She's stable and consistent, but despite being basically one of the best things about this game and I will fight you on that, she isn't particularly niche, lacks survivability tools, and is pretty dependent on team composition to really shine. Contrast her with, say, Chloe, who is an ST beast; EMIYA, who manages to make a lack of niche into a strength with his versatility; and Atalante, who while individually isn't the strongest, is nonetheless a valuable addition to any Quick/crit-oriented team. And that's just the 4-star Archers. We needn't even start comparing NOBU! to the 5-stars like Archuria and Gil.

I mean, I love her, but let's be honest, I only put her on an Archer team when I have nobody else to fill in the slot.

Lookin' forward to Berserker NOBU!, though.

Resileaf
2019-03-08, 04:32 PM
My biggest problem with Nobu is how lackluster her resource generation is. For someone who does so many hits, I'd expect that NP bar to get up much faster.

Hunter Noventa
2019-03-08, 04:34 PM
To be fair, it's not hard for NOBU! to be left behind by other Archers. She's stable and consistent, but despite being basically one of the best things about this game and I will fight you on that, she isn't particularly niche, lacks survivability tools, and is pretty dependent on team composition to really shine. Contrast her with, say, Chloe, who is an ST beast; EMIYA, who manages to make a lack of niche into a strength with his versatility; and Atalante, who while individually isn't the strongest, is nonetheless a valuable addition to any Quick/crit-oriented team. And that's just the 4-star Archers. We needn't even start comparing NOBU! to the 5-stars like Archuria and Gil.

I mean, I love her, but let's be honest, I only put her on an Archer team when I have nobody else to fill in the slot.

Lookin' forward to Berserker NOBU!, though.

Oh I know other archers are technically better. I think I only got EMIYA quite a while after I got Nobbu though, so for a long time she was the best AoE archer I had. Of course now I have the likes of Ishtar, Atalanta and of course, EMIYA to fill that niche.

It's still a crime not to have her properly maxed out of course, and she is the best. If I didn't have Alters to Grail up, I might actually use one on her for being the best.

The real event highlight coming up though, is of course Mecha Eli-chan and her Macross Missile Massacre NP, bringing us one step closer to an fielding an all Elizabeth team. If you count Carmilla as an Elizabeth, we'll be there come Halloween, in fact.

spectralphoenix
2019-03-08, 04:54 PM
Side note: I feel the cute teenager with a charisma bonus towards other female characters should be Carmilla, and the (marginally) more historical version should be Elizabeth Bathory.

Friv
2019-03-08, 05:24 PM
Side note: I feel the cute teenager with a charisma bonus towards other female characters should be Carmilla, and the (marginally) more historical version should be Elizabeth Bathory.

Probably, but that's an artifact of the setting. Elizabeth Bathory was introduced in the Fate/Extra series through both the games Fate/Extra CCC and Fate/Extella. She was the teenage pop idol version there. When FGO introduced an adult, vampiric version of her for the Orleans storyline, they needed a new name for her, thus Carmilla.

HMS Invincible
2019-03-08, 05:26 PM
I don't get why people like emiya. Even with all his interludes, he's still very unwieldy to use. Like you have to give him arts and buster buffs and boost his crit as well or you'll never get anywhere. And then that golden turn ends, and you hope the crits can finish it before your crit buff goes away. Just doesn't work unless everything goes right.

Callos_DeTerran
2019-03-08, 07:10 PM
Nobu, sadly, suffers from being a solid archer in a class of largely exceptional servants. Also Kingprotea is not daughteru....she is waifu. Giant, cute waifu.

Yael
2019-03-08, 10:53 PM
I don't get why people like emiya. Even with all his interludes, he's still very unwieldy to use. Like you have to give him arts and buster buffs and boost his crit as well or you'll never get anywhere. And then that golden turn ends, and you hope the crits can finish it before your crit buff goes away. Just doesn't work unless everything goes right.

Not quite. A 100% buff on crit damage is something you don't see often, plus he has natural high star weight due to being an Archer, and his UBW can set up a Rider on your team, as he will get 50~ stars on a nicely-placed Hawkeye+UBW combo. Furthermore, his NP ignores defensive buffs, so he's handy to have (he wa's real MVP on Siegfried CQ on Nerofest, for example.)

His damage is hurt due to not having a triple Buster deck, which is true, but his 40% increase on all card types because of its Projection skill makes up for it. Hawkeye lasts for 3 turns, so critting hard and consistently is easy, given a set up for him. He's not top class, but he IS useful and strong by himself (1 turn evade, crit damage and gen up, and attack down by 10~30%), thus seconding Red Fel's statement about his versatility, which he has.

Plus, he is actually Satan, so he's cool and all that.

Nobunaga is also pretty strong against her niche. Especially against these servants. Due to stacking Riding + Divine trait. Other than that, she supports well her team on NP Gain (except herself), and has a strong crit-buff on a 50% (and heavy star weight on 600%).
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/fategrandorder/images/3/32/Attilaicon.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/75?cb=20180203141810https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/fategrandorder/images/a/a7/Yorimitsuicon.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/75?cb=20180205130501https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/fategrandorder/images/4/4a/S213Icon.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/75?cb=20180720161540https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/fategrandorder/images/2/28/Suzuka.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/75?cb=20180203145218https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/fategrandorder/images/f/f3/Caesaricon.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/75?cb=20180203142203

Red Fel
2019-03-08, 11:22 PM
Also Kingprotea is not daughteru....she is waifu. Giant, cute waifu.

Let's compromise. She is kaiju daughteru.

Well...

Not quite. A 100% buff on crit damage is something you don't see often, plus he has natural high star weight due to being an Archer, and his UBW can set up a Rider on your team, as he will get 50~ stars on a nicely-placed Hawkeye+UBW combo. Furthermore, his NP ignores defensive buffs, so he's handy to have (he wa's real MVP on Siegfried CQ on Nerofest, for example.)

His damage is hurt due to not having a triple Buster deck, which is true, but his 40% increase on all card types because of its Projection skill makes up for it. Hawkeye lasts for 3 turns, so critting hard and consistently is easy, given a set up for him. He's not top class, but he IS useful and strong by himself (1 turn evade, crit damage and gen up, and attack down by 10~30%), thus seconding Red Fel's statement about his versatility, which he has.

Plus, he is actually Satan, so he's cool and all that.

The "actually" is important.

Yes, all this. But moreover, the key takeaway is this: His versatility means he can do anything, not everything. You build a team and select CEs based on how you want him to operate.

Building a Buster team? His NP deals DEF-ignoring damage and reduces enemy ATK. Gearing for crits? As Yael notes, +100% stargen is pretty uncommon, and coupling it with 100% crit damage is extra potent, and putting that on a three-turn buff is incredibly powerful. Arts team? He contributes significantly to Arts chains, thanks to having three Arts cards. He fits any role, but not all of them at once - once you select what you want him to do, however, he excels.

It's also really worth noting just how good Projection is. That's a +40% buff to all card types. There are a lot of active skills that buff one card type for 40% or 50%. There are some that do so for three turns. There are a few that buff multiple types for one turn. But buffing all three for 40% means that EMIYA has the tools, once again, to satisfy any role. If you're Quick chaining for your crit team and you need extra juice, Projection. Arts chain, Projection. Dropping all of your Buster NPs at once, Projection. Don't look at it as a "line up EMIYA's chain" button, but as an "EMIYA is always helpful" button.

Also, best chef.

Nobunaga is also pretty strong against her niche. Especially against these servants. Due to stacking Riding + Divine trait. Other than that, she supports well her team on NP Gain (except herself), and has a strong crit-buff on a 50% (and heavy star weight on 600%).

Her damage against the Riding trait is certainly decent - combined with her Archer type advantage, that gives her extra bonus against most Knights of the Round Table (because they're primarily Sabers with Riding). Frankly, it makes her a better anti-Arturia weapon than MHX. And her bonus against Divine is decent, although it only lasts the one turn. And, yes, her Strategy skill is a useful and uncommon ability.

That said, one active skill does not a support unit make, and other than Strategy, she is an entirely selfish Servant. And that's not an inherently bad thing, as long as her kit is coherent. Which is her problem - she has all of these neat tricks (bonus versus Riding! bonus versus Divine! critsplosions!) but not one whole picture.

Some of the best units have abilities that synergize well. Heracles' kit is built entirely around dealing damage and surviving hits. Rider Kintoki is basically about using his NP as quickly and effectively as possible. Saberlot and Chloe are all about critsplosions. Their kits paint a picture of how to use them. NOBU! doesn't have that. She has a smattering of neat tricks - useful in corner cases - that don't really come together.

You list five Servants against whom NOBU! is super-effective. But against any of them, what I want is a strong ST Servant, like Chloe. I won't be fighting them all at once, which is where an AoE NP shines. And that's the point.

Yael
2019-03-08, 11:32 PM
Her damage against the Riding trait is certainly decent - combined with her Archer type advantage, that gives her extra bonus against most Knights of the Round Table (because they're primarily Sabers with Riding). Frankly, it makes her a better anti-Arturia weapon than MHX. And her bonus against Divine is decent, although it only lasts the one turn. And, yes, her Strategy skill is a useful and uncommon ability.

That said, one active skill does not a support unit make, and other than Strategy, she is an entirely selfish Servant. And that's not an inherently bad thing, as long as her kit is coherent. Which is her problem - she has all of these neat tricks (bonus versus Riding! bonus versus Divine! critsplosions!) but not one whole picture.

Some of the best units have abilities that synergize well. Heracles' kit is built entirely around dealing damage and surviving hits. Rider Kintoki is basically about using his NP as quickly and effectively as possible. Saberlot and Chloe are all about critsplosions. Their kits paint a picture of how to use them. NOBU! doesn't have that. She has a smattering of neat tricks - useful in corner cases - that don't really come together.

You list five Servants against whom NOBU! is super-effective. But against any of them, what I want is a strong ST Servant, like Chloe. I won't be fighting them all at once, which is where an AoE NP shines. And that's the point.

But does your ST-Servant has Kugimiya Rie-sensei as the VA?! I believe it doesn't! And there, there is where you fail!

Well, yes. We gotta say that she is an early servant and suffers from the lack of creativity problem (which a lot of early servants didn't have, but then again, there's SEIBAAAAA there). That aside, you are correct. I hope she had a strengthening on her second skill for a more consistent buff, or her Strategy to do something more.

By the way, I loved playing through the first GUDAGUDA! Honnouji event, it was hilarious and not that difficult. For those who haven't listened to the GUDAGUDA CD Drama, I recommend it, it's pretty funny and worth the watch. It can be found in youtube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMkHs3J_iiI

Also, NOBU~
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/fategrandorder/images/4/4d/Chibi_Nobu.png/revision/latest?cb=20160701105108

HMS Invincible
2019-03-09, 02:05 AM
Hmm, I'll give him another shot when I have more materials. Emiya is only at 5/5/7, so that's why he feels weak compared to Salter or Lily Jeanne Santa.

Red Fel
2019-03-09, 09:51 AM
But does your ST-Servant has Kugimiya Rie-sensei as the VA?! I believe it doesn't! And there, there is where you fail!

I know, right? She's the best. Kagura is one of the best parts of Gintama, and that's a series with so many best parts. Also, the GUDAGUDA Drama CD is a work of Da Vinci-esque genius.

So many chichiues!

Hmm, I'll give him another shot when I have more materials. Emiya is only at 5/5/7, so that's why he feels weak compared to Salter or Lily Jeanne Santa.

Well, let's be clear, they're different niches. Salter is one of the best 4-stars period, combining a Saber's strong stats, a destructive set of abilities, a stronger-than-average multi-hit AoE NP, and a 4-star's greater availability. And Spam Lily came from a time after the devs decided welfare Servants didn't have to be free crap (sorry Saber Lily), offering a Lancer's offensive stats and a great opener to a Buster NP chain.

Unlike them, EMIYA depends in part on team composition. On his own, you're right, he's strong but not overwhelming - he's no Heracles, for example. But when you take care in slotting him into a team that can use his talents specifically, he really shines. And unlike overspecialized Archers like Atalanta, that team composition is whatever you want it to be, just about. (Heck, you might even use him in a stall team, as those tend to be Arts-oriented and his NP comes with an ATK debuff.)

HMS Invincible
2019-03-10, 02:38 PM
Did a10 roll for waiver, got 2x of the outrage taunt 4*CE instead. Ugh, it's nice but at least gimme a servant with that luck. Should I use up my free CE currency to get a third? Or just go for Conversation on the Hot Sands?

Yael
2019-03-11, 03:40 PM
GudaGuda starts tomorrow morning. Maintenance will be extended by about 3 hours, so we'll get 6 apologems/apples. News page is up.

https://webview.fate-go.us/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/0312_re_honnnouji/banner_20190327_fe4hs.png (https://fate-go.us/news/?category=NEWS&article=%2Fiframe%2F2019%2F0312_re_honnnouji%2F)

NeoPhoenix0
2019-03-11, 06:43 PM
The great Nobu brings us gifts of double SQ!