PDA

View Full Version : Challenge

Hunterx
2019-02-02, 10:44 AM
I have a challenge for the playground, it is a small one and possibly a fun one. At level 1 yes level 1 what is the highest Initiative you can get. The rules are as follows.

Any none LA race
2 flaws 2 characteristics
1 level in a class
Stats are as follows 18 16 16 10 12 14: Before racial

The highest i have come up with is 19 at level 1 using these starts I will show my build in a few days just want to see if the playground can get higher or if i have hit tops
I am hoping there is stuff Iam missing and can make this even better.

flappeercraft
2019-02-02, 10:50 AM
Lets see, Unseelie Fey Grey Elf Martial Wizard 1

18 to dex as base gets us 22.

6 Dex + 4 Improved Initiative + 4 Hummingbird Familiar +5 Nerveskitter +2 Aggressive Trait = 21

Edit: Going for a second try lets see if I can do better

http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/eo/20070608a

Technically one can apply a template multiple times so I will abuse that but no NI of a template.

So lets see, 18 charisma, 16 wis, 16 dex Lesser Aasimar Unseelie Fey Magic Blooded x8 Marshal 1 w/ Motivate Dexterity lesser aura.

Gets a Cha of 36.

4 Dex + 13 Motivate Dexterity + 4 Improved Initiative + 2 Aggressive = 23 all day

Edit 2: Will go for a third try.

18 Cha, 16 Wis, 16 Dex, 10 Int, 12 Str, 14 Con
Venerable DWK Unseelie Fey x5 Magic Blooded x9 Marshal 1 w/ Motivate Dexterity lesser aura

This gets stats to

47 Cha, 1 Wis, 28 Dex, 2 Str, 4 Con

Add in Rite of Draconic Passage for Nerveskitter 1/day

This gets us to

9 Dex +4 Improved Initiative +18 Motivate Dexterity +2 Aggresive +2 Bluesteel Bracers +5 Nerveskitter = 40 1/day, 35 all day

Feats: Dragonwrought, Improved Initiative, Shape Soulmeld Bluesteel Bracers

Edit: Think that’s cheesy? Hold my beer, updating Build 3

Zaq
2019-02-02, 10:51 AM
There are a few 1st level spells that boost init. Are we counting those, or does it have to be an all-day-every-day sort of thing?

Hunterx
2019-02-02, 01:31 PM
There are a few 1st level spells that boost init. Are we counting those, or does it have to be an all-day-every-day sort of thing?

Neverskitter is kinda of a cop out but lagit, and adding template and blood lines are really getting into the cheese.

Hunterx
2019-02-02, 01:34 PM
Lets see, Unseelie Fey Grey Elf Martial Wizard 1

18 to dex as base gets us 22.

6 Dex + 4 Improved Initiative + 4 Hummingbird Familiar +5 Nerveskitter +2 Aggressive Trait = 21

Edit: Going for a second try lets see if I can do better

http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/eo/20070608a

Technically one can apply a template multiple times so I will abuse that but no NI of a template.

So lets see, 18 charisma, 17 wis, 16 dex Lesser Aasimar Unseelie Fey Magic Blooded x9 Marshal 1 w/ Motivate Dexterity lesser aura.

Gets a Cha of 38.

4 Dex + 14 Motivate Dexterity + 4 Improved Initiative + 2 Aggressive = 24 all day

Edit 2: Will go for a third try.

18 Cha, 17 Wis, 16 Dex
Venerable DWK Unseelie Fey Magic Blooded x9 Marshal 1 w/ Motivate Dexterity lesser aura

This gets relevant stats to

39 Cha, 2 Wis, 20 Dex

Add in Rite of Draconic Passage for Nerveskitter 1/day

Gets us to

5 Dex +4 Improved Initiative +14 Motivate Dexterity +2 Aggresive +5 Nerveskitter = 30 1/day, 25 all day

Feats: Dragonwrought, Improved Initiative, ???

the second and third ones are pure cheese. again the first one is more what i am looking for and neverskitter is a lagit spell but cheap.

Lets go all day and not templates x100 kind of stuff. keep it as base as you can

2019-02-02, 01:37 PM
"What's the highest init you can get under these rules"

*posts a build*

"No that's too cheesy."

I have an alternative proposal. Since Pun-Pun is possible at 1st level and the best score you can get is +infinite, how about you post your build and everybody can clap and move on?

Zaq
2019-02-02, 03:54 PM
Any of the proposed builds that have a spare feat can get Shape Soulmeld: Bluesteel Bracers for +2 insight, all day every day. Doesn’t scale with essentia, so don’t bother getting more.

Killoren are stat-neutral and can have a +2 racial bonus to init, so depending on exactly which stats you’re applying, that might matter. (Illumians with the Uur sigil also get a bonus, but that bonus is only +1 at level 1.)

Hunterx
2019-02-02, 04:04 PM
Any of the proposed builds that have a spare feat can get Shape Soulmeld: Bluesteel Bracers for +2 insight, all day every day. Doesn’t scale with essentia, so don’t bother getting more.

Killoren are stat-neutral and can have a +2 racial bonus to init, so depending on exactly which stats you’re applying, that might matter. (Illumians with the Uur sigil also get a bonus, but that bonus is only +1 at level 1.)

Alright here is the build I have

Halfling
Str 12 Dex 18+2 Con 14 Int 10 Wis 16 Cha 16
Marshal 1 Motivate Dex Aura
Feats: Improved Initiative, Yondalla's Sense
This gives
+5 Dex, +3 Wis +3 Cha +4 Improved Initative
Aggres +2

Ok so 17 not 19

flappeercraft
2019-02-02, 04:09 PM
"What's the highest init you can get under these rules"

*posts a build*

"No that's too cheesy."

I have an alternative proposal. Since Pun-Pun is possible at 1st level and the best score you can get is +infinite, how about you post your build and everybody can clap and move on?

Agree on the first part but the pun pun thing is just no fun. Btw, I updated my third build to be even more cheesy just because it was called out

Halfling
Feats: Improved Initiative, Yonlodals sense
This gives
Aggres +1

Ok so 16 not 19

Aggressive is +2 actually.

DeTess
2019-02-02, 04:12 PM

Halfling
Feats: Improved Initiative, Yonlodals sense
This gives
Aggres +1

Ok so 16 not 19

May I ask where 'Yonlodals sense' is from? I can't find it.

ShurikVch
2019-02-02, 04:20 PM
How're you about templates with omitted LA (i. e. "technically LA +0", but very very likely there should be one, or template isn't for PC)?
Some people saying "it's fair play", others are going no-sane-DM-blah-blah-blah...

Also, how about the Darklight Wizard class?
(It resets your character to 1st level, but you will keep your previous feats and ability scores)

Hunterx
2019-02-02, 06:47 PM
How're you about templates with omitted LA (i. e. "technically LA +0", but very very likely there should be one, or template isn't for PC)?
Some people saying "it's fair play", others are going no-sane-DM-blah-blah-blah...

Also, how about the Darklight Wizard class?
(It resets your character to 1st level, but you will keep your previous feats and ability scores)

never heard of the darklight wizard were is it from

Crichton
2019-02-02, 07:06 PM
never heard of the darklight wizard were is it from

It's from the Kingdoms of Kalamar Villain Design handbook. It's a lesser known full campaign setting. It sits in a weird place of being licensed by WotC but written and published by Kenzer and Company, and isn't generally accepted to be of the same legitimacy as the WotC published campaign settings, or even really as 'official' as something like Dragon Magazine. I've never met anyone who allows or encourages its use, and the Darklight Wizard is often the only thing anyone even knows about from it, even on optimization boards like GitP. The Darklight Wizard is notoriously, almost hilariously broken, internally and especially in conjunction with other materials.

ShurikVch
2019-02-02, 07:45 PM
never heard of the darklight wizard were is it fromFrom the Kingdoms of Kalamar
Was originally printed in the Deathright, then revised in the Villain Design Handbook
Required to be Evil Human, Hobgoblin, or Sil-karg (i. e. Half-Hobgoblin), and to read Darklight Codex 10 hours/day for 3 moths
Class have full BAB, 6+ skill points, and gives new spell level at every class level (i. e. 8th-level spells at level 8; revised version going all the way to 9th)
Spell list is tiny (but there are so much ways to expand it!..)
Also, at 5th level, get Animate Dead SLA, usable at will

Vizzerdrix
2019-02-03, 07:37 AM
I'm a bit rusty, couldn`t you use incarnate winged warforged scout (not the class, the small sized warforged from mm3) to get a starting Dex around 24 (if you put that 18 in dex starting)? Grab wiz 1 for a humming bird, and a pair of flaws to get improved init and another booster (can't think of one atm).

That depends on if I`m remembering things correctly. Dont forget to add aggressive, nerveskitter, and the feat Zaq called out.