PDA

View Full Version : hard to kill character

yarrowdeathbloo
2019-02-03, 02:35 PM
So I'm trying to build a character who is impossible to kill/permanently end I got the build mostly done I just need to get immunity to

-petrification
-ability damage
-death effects
-polymorphing

I would prefer low level templates if possible

Jowgen
2019-02-03, 02:41 PM
Soulfire Armor (Book of Exalted Deeds) covers death effects, energy drain and negative energy effects in general, which covers a lot of ability damage sources. Blanket immunity to ability damage is very hard to get, best to invest in ability damage recovery methods (Orb of Mental Renewal MIC and it's Rod counterpart are cost efficient picks).

Petrification and Polymorphinc can both be covered by Proof Against Transmutation, but it's pricey. Amulet of Inviolate Form (MIC) is the cheaper option, although it's only good for 7 uses, then you need a new one.

Caudex Capite
2019-02-03, 02:47 PM
Always relevant to this kind of discussion is the Emerald Legion: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?101587-D-amp-D-3-5-The-Emerald-Legion-Mass-Producing-Ikea-Tarrasques

The Bind Vestige/Improved Bind Vestige combo for Haagenti should help with your petrification and Polymorph woes. For the other two, you might try becoming undead, if it doesn't lose you other abilities you value, possibly through Necropolitan.

ViperMagnum357
2019-02-03, 02:49 PM
Voidmind Template from Monster Manual III. Blanket immunity to Acid, Mind affecting spells and abilities, energy drain, plus ability damage and ability drain, full stop. Importantly, an (Ex) ability that cannot be dispelled/suppressed/removed from your character. LA +3 and -2 Charisma is not great, but the overall net abilities are still +10 and you get three bonus feats, all of which are common prereqs. Also provides scaling SR, 10 + HD.

Warchon
2019-02-03, 04:12 PM
Ability Damage and Death Effects can be blocked with LA+0 if Necropolitan fits in your build.
Note: It does of course make you vulnerable to Turning and other undead-hating tactics, so you might be trading a tough problem for an impossible one. I don't know of any 100% guards against that.

Edit: Aside from the old standby, of course: go Lich, lock your phylactery in a demiplane that only you have access to.
However that's old hat and common knowledge, I assume your build is much more detailed and creative. I look forward to seeing it.

Looks like somebody above me already said most of that. That's what I get for responding to OP without reading the whole thread!

TheCount
2019-02-04, 03:37 PM
Shapechanger subtype should take care of polymorph effects....i think? here is what i could find:

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=8757892&postcount=4

others have already mentioned most of the ability damage and otherstuff, but if you need more cheese, strongheart vest will give you some of what you need.

Edit: im pretty sure there IS a classfeature that grants immunity to death effects without turning you undead....somewhere....

Edit #2: or construct, though, that could work as well.... there is still a domain or something that can turn constructs though, i think.... warforged is still a pretty solid choice imo.