PDA

View Full Version : Dawn of Worlds

hannahbbug3
2019-02-03, 04:24 PM
Link (http://www.clanwebsite.org/games/rpg/Dawn_of_Worlds_game_1_0Final.pdf) to the rules handbook of the game.

Sizzlefoot
Illorious, God of Craft, the Arts, and Creativity

Drakeburn
Araekor, God of Darkness and Destruction

Wexon
Eryth, God of Civilization and Justice

igordragonian
Chuddai, God of Magic and Knowledge

LordArgon
Kel'adran, God of the Abyss, Mystery, and Tranquility

rs2excelsior
Enmegar, God of the Seas, Winds, and Moon

JbeJ275
Vornyar, God of Nature, the Seasons, and Music

NineofSpades
Rin, Goddess of Hope, Journeys, Companionship, and Victory. Patron of those who suffer, the scarred, the poor, and children. Proclaimer of Heros

hannahbbug3
Vermis, Goddess of Pestilence, Disease, Madness, and Crawling Things, or All Things that Go About on their Belly. Serpent Mother and Plaguebringer

Any civilization started within 1 tile of a river or similar large body of water costs 2 points less to create.

Two or more deities can choose to pool their points, splitting the point difference for a power.

The Shape Land/Shape Climate power affects up to 9 tiles, but you do not have to affect 9 tiles. The tiles do not have to be adjacent, but the same type of terrain/climate must be created in the tiles with one action. i.e. You could create a sea in tile (6, D) and tile (14, V) as part of the same action, because you are creating seas in both. However, you cannot create a sea tile in (6, D) and a forest tile in (14, V) as part of the same action, because those are two different terrain types.
Our World, Unnamed

https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/intermediary/f/60773659-4ea3-474f-89f8-e8495679e36f/dczruqa-9203ba33-c268-4b47-87d2-14c44dee0e6d.jpg

The cosmos was ruled by eldritch monstrosities, who reigned in chaos and darkness. The Pantheon of the Nine overthrew these creatures and began the process of creation, bringing order to the unordered infinity and each beginning to shape it according to their preference. An orb coalesced, made out of the energies of each of the gods, and took form, set in orbit around a sun. A perfect pearl begging to be molded, oceans of potential swirling about under the eyes of the Nine. From the roiling, chaotic waters rose the land, unadorned and blank - a perfect canvas on which to create. And from here - the First Age begins.
Turn One:
Vornyar creates the Godwood, N19-P21.
Vermis creates and acclimatizes the Serpent's Throat, H16-J18.
Illorius creates a great storm above the Godwood, N19-P21.
Enmegar creates the Mountains of the Moon, 24S-26U, and the river springing from within, 25T, 24U, 24V, 23V, 22V, 22W, 21W, 21X, 21Y.
Chiddai creates the Crystal Mines, S7-U9.
Rin awakens.
Kel'adran creates a incredibly deep freshwater lake with a pine forested island called the Eye of the Abyss, G29-I31, and a pine forest called Thousand Spines, E22-L22.
Araekor creates a range of mountains, F36-N36.
Eryth creates Mount Shomad, G8-I10, and Mount Yeroda, J8-L10.

Turn Two:
Vermis waits.
Enmegar breaks islands from the mainland, creating water in 35BB, 35AA, 36Z, 34Z, 35Y, 36X, 34BB, 33AA, and 32BB.
Vornyar designates the climes of the world. A18-22, B19-21 and C20 turn to ice floes and great glaciers. Y25-Z29 turn into a hot stony desert. N30-P33 become a warm savanna. Fertile Delta, M2-P3.
Kel'adran expands the Thousand Spines from 23D-26L.
Illorious creates a river beginning at P6 and flowing diagonally until it drains into S4.
Chuddai creates Chichikabra.
Araekor creates a river from 38N-38F, and creates Moriloth.
Eryth enters eternal slumber beneath Mount Shomad and Yeroda, otherwise known as the Pillars of Justice.
Rin creates Beacon.

Turn Three:
Araekor creates a secondary mountain range, 28B-35 F, and creates Mount Mourgar, 35D.
Chuddai creates another place of crystal mines, N22-P26, and creates the Steam Stream, W17-T10.
Vermis divides the continents, L4-K18, expands the Serpant's Throat and creates the Forked Tongue within it, K14-G18.
Illorious rests.
Rin creates the Enchanted Ring around the planet, N0-N40.
Enmegar expands the fertile, rainy areas of the world across the southern and eastern islands, as well as along his river flowing from the Mountains of the Moon.
Vornyar expands the Icy Sea and creates a mountain range along BB:25-29, CC:24-25 and CC:29-30.
Kel'adran connects the Eye of the Abyss to Araekor's river and creates Voidwater Swamp from 29J to 31L.

Turn Four:
Chuddai creates a valley in 30D, an Ice Crystal Bridge in D19-D20, a dark crystal mine in W32, and the Saber Pit in W31, V31, V32, V33.
Vermis creates the Nameless Beast, assisted by Kel'adran and Araekor.
Enmegar creates Ereshki.
Vornyar creates Formarkis.
Araekor erases pieces of the Enchanted Ring, 32N-40N and creates a ring of mountains, 34O, 33N, 32M, 33L-33 H, 34H.
Kel'adran creates Mistweave Jungle from 7P-15R.
Illorious waits.
Rin waits.

Turn Five:
Kel'Adran turns the Mistweave Jungle into a rainforest.
Araekor creates dark clouds from 32B-32D, 31B-31D, 34K-34M and Morolith founds a city at 37H.
Illorious creates Kor.
Chuddai creates an island on BB14, a paradise jungle, and create jungles on BB16, BB17, AA16, AA17- those the prosperity jungles. Jungles whith strange plants and animals will be sort of endless curiosity, and the island called the 'Wonder Island' and he create there strange beings. Chuddai also creates the 'Pillars Of Wisdom'- four tall mountains, shaped like pillars, with hieroglyphs, each teaching one type of magic, if mortals will deciper it: The Pillar Of Elemental Magic at T3, Pillar of Mental Magic at O26, The Pillar Of Freezing Magic on isberg at A19 and the Pillar of dark magic on volcano island at C39.
Vermis waits.

Sizzlefoot
2019-02-03, 04:35 PM
Illorious, appearing in the form of a short, bronze-skinned, badger-headed man, looks over the world with considerable satisfaction.
"A fine piece of work, this. But still imperfect. Let us craft this world into something beautiful, friends."

JbeJ275
2019-02-03, 04:38 PM
[roll0]

On the equator and around the primary axis, Vornyar looks at the newly formed earth. With a single breath he releases the energy of the tumbling void. The earth churns, and soon seeds break through the earth rising high above the figures standing there. Years seem to pass in the span of seconds as quick young trees rise and fall. Ancient redwoods, oaks and yews rising permenantly in their place. For thousands of miles in each direction this old growth forest stands a testament to the power of life.

Shape land to create the Godswood, am old growth forest from N19 to P21.

Indeed. Vornyar says in a booming voice, his roughly gnarled barklike face releasing a deep melodic voice. Let us make this a world unending, a world to see a thousand cycles.

hannahbbug3
2019-02-03, 05:02 PM
[roll0]

With a serpentine hiss, Vermis breathes over the land. To step on another's toes so soon would be a trespass, if anything, but once she had her own foothold in the world, it could slowly become hers, eons of rot spilling out from the epicenter of her power. But, where would that power be? The newly formed Godwood was too... crisp. Too clean. It was not her sort of place at all. So- she would make her own.

"Here," hisses off of her sibilant tongue, as she stakes her claim to the planet with a hot, fetid marsh. Glancing at her siblings, she bares her teeth in a pointed smile. "A mire, from which will spring my will."

Creating swamp terrain (The Serpent's Throat) from H16 to J18. Creating a hot, humid climate from H16 to J18.

5-5=0. +1 for ending with less than 5 points this turn.

Sizzlefoot
2019-02-03, 05:10 PM
"The earth shall provide my tools"

A fissure appears in the ground before Illorious' feet. From it, orbs of molten ore and glittering, spherical jewels rise up. The materials hover around as Illorious shapes them, forming a finely crafted, jewel-studded hammer.

[roll2d6] Rolled 8.

"Let the craftwork of life permeate the woods"

Illorious swings the hammer in a circle, ending with it pointed at the sky above Godswood. A thin bolt of electricity snakes from the hammer into the heavens. Soon after, gray storm clouds swirl around the point where the bolt hit.

Spend 2 points to shape climate on Godswood (N19 to P21), creating a stormy, rainy area.

8-2=6 points

rs2excelsior
2019-02-03, 05:42 PM
Enmegar looks over the new land and raging seas, and nods in satisfaction. "This will be a world of tempests--let those strong enough to withstand them survive."

Starting power: [roll0]

Pointing his spear out over the land, he lifts up a cluster of mountains near the middle of the continent. The waters pool in the heights and begin running down toward the sea. "These shall be the Mountains of the Moon, a high place where mortals can be close to the moon which controls the tides. It will be a reminder of my power for those far from the sea."

Mountains in tiles 24-26, S-U, for one shape land action. Creating a lake in 25 T, and a river running through 24 U, 24 V, 23 V, 22 V, 22 W, 21 W, 21 X, 21 Y for a second.

Final power 7-6 = 1 +1 for saving 5 or fewer

igordragonian
2019-02-03, 07:00 PM
[roll0]

Chiddai- a slim reptilian-ish form express him, covered in jewelry and feathers looked at the world, following everything that going on with his primal lizard eyes.

'The world need a source of pure element, so magic shall be channeled through them.' Chiddai has declared.

Creating Crystal mines from U7, to U9 and up to S7 and S9
paying 3 points, and get +1 for ending with less then 5 at this turn

NineOfSpades
2019-02-03, 08:26 PM
Rollin for points
[roll0]

The first morning of the world found Rin asleep alongside the ocean, resting her feet in the sand. Or, so it had been, until poison crept into creation, as the earth rotted and fouled below her, stirring the goddess from her dreams. Groggy and still not entirely awake, Rin was tumbled about as the snarling, tangled vines and throny roots of the marshland spread around her, jostling her about, even bumping her head a few times till she settled into a more stable bit of land while the tumultuous energies of creation and destruction waged to shape this portion of the world. "Oh no, did I oversleep?" She said, pulling a few bits of twigs from her hair. She fumbled about for her walking stick, which accompanied her wherever she traveled, and scrambled through the newly birthed wetlands, till she found their maker at the heart of it. "Vee, I asked you to wake me before everyone started, you promised you would!" She said, pouting with annoyance. "I didn't want to miss the first sunrise. but now it's passed already"

hannahbbug3
2019-02-03, 08:40 PM
"That's your loss, and no trouble of mine, tiny sister," Vermis responds to Rin, surprised to see her sister here, of all places. Her mane of snakes hisses at Rin. "As you can clearly see, I was busy with the creation. What do you think?" she asks. Not that she needs Rin's approval.

LordArgon
2019-02-03, 09:17 PM
Out of the ocean, Kel'adran emerges. His appearance is that of a dark blue lobster, but instead of a head there is a large purple eye surrounded by a mass of maroon tentacles. Lurching over the plain dirt of the new world, he thought of how to add to it. "How boring and plain this world is. It seems the others have started to change that, so I must do my part as well." Kel'adran channeled his divine power and used it to create a massive lake, seemingly without bottom. In the center of the lake an island emerged. He shrouds the lake is a cover of cool fog. The fog is strongest during the night time and wanes in intensity under sunlight. On the island Kel'adran places a pine forest. Still feeling a creative spark, he plods onward. Reaching the shore on the other side, he places more pines along the coast. Feeling tired from all of the work he settles into the sea and watches the pines sway in the wind.

Kel'adran creates a incredibly deep freshwater lake called the eye of the abyss,
and a pine forest called Thousand Spines

Roll: [roll0]
Shape land: Create a lake in a square from 29G to 31I with 30H untouched.
Shape climate: Create a cover of fog over the lake and island from 29G to 31I.
Shape land: Create pine forests one on the island at 30H and the rest from 22L to 22E
New Total: 9 - 8 = 1 + 3

Sizzlefoot
2019-02-03, 09:24 PM
Out of the ocean, Kel'adran emerges. His appearance is that of a dark blue lobster, but instead of a head there is a large purple eye surrounded by a mass of maroon tentacles. Lurching over the plain dirt of the new world, he thought of how to add to it. "How boring and plain this world is. It seems the others have started to change that, so I must do my part as well."

New Total:

"Newcomer.", Illorious says, an odd glint in his eye. "I find your form rather....intriguing. Would you mind standing still for a second or two?"

edit: Kel'adran seems rather eldritch. Could it be that he's one of the eldritch monstrosities, but chose to fight on the side of the gods?

LordArgon
2019-02-03, 09:53 PM
"Newcomer.", Illorious says, an odd glint in his eye. "I find your form rather....intriguing. Would you mind standing still for a second or two?"

"Standing still is something I enjoy quite a bit. Do you enjoy the changes I have made to this world?"

That sounds like a neat idea. Kel'adran was an eldritch horror, but there was something strange about him. He did not like his siblings or the chaos they created, so he helped the gods defeat them and became a god himself.

Drakeburn
2019-02-03, 09:55 PM
In the appearance of a tall fair-skinned man with long black hair, Araekor silently stands by as he watches the other gods shape the world. He was displeased that there wasn't a continent that he could claim as his own, that he had to share it with the other gods. But he didn't show it on his face. At least, he knows that there will be something that will be of his own creation.

Actions

Spend 3 points to Shape Land: Turning F36 to N36 into mountains.

And I'll save the 2 leftover points.

Drakeburn
2019-02-03, 09:57 PM
I apologize for double-posting. I forgot to roll for power before I put up my post for Araekor.

[roll0]

Sizzlefoot
2019-02-03, 11:34 PM
"Standing still is something I enjoy quite a bit. Do you enjoy the changes I have made to this world?"

That sounds like a neat idea. Kel'adran was an eldritch horror, but there was something strange about him. He did not like his siblings or the chaos they created, so he helped the gods defeat them and became a god himself.

"Indeed, they're quite fine....
Glancing at Kel'adran again, Illorious draws up more bubbles of molten stone and metal from the earth. Shaping them into a rough, lobster-like form, he threads tiny wire tentacles and finally adds a fist-sized amethyst as an eye. Illorious sprouts large brown-feathered wings and glides over to the beach, where he dips his creation in the water to cool it. He then hands it to Kel'adran. It's a tiny statue, made of copper lacquered dark blue, of Kel'adran's likeness, with tiny, fine details.
"A gift."

Note that Illorious will be taking commissions for godly artifacts!

NineOfSpades
2019-02-03, 11:53 PM
"That's your loss, and no trouble of mine, tiny sister," Vermis responds to Rin, surprised to see her sister here, of all places. Her mane of snakes hisses at Rin. "As you can clearly see, I was busy with the creation. What do you think?" she asks. Not that she needs Rin's approval.

Rin was irked by her sisters needling comments, and did nothing to hide it. "I may be smaller than you, but I'm still your older sister you know." To any onlooker, Rin's claim was dubious, regardless of the truth. By any measure one cared to use, the scarred deity appeared less mature than her snake haired sibling.

Rin refused to let such a minor point get her down, not when today was THE day. The start of a new world, of endless possibilities. She wanted to run as fast as her legs would carry her, to see over every horizon as the first sentences of history were recorded. It would be amazing, she had no doubt there. With her godly senses, she was already aware of greater stirrings, primordial energies giving birth to the world that was yet to be. It was a good day.

Vermis's question drew Rin back to the here and now. She took one look around and then smiled, nodding "Of course I do, it's amazing!" Had anyone else said it, you would be forgiven for believing that it was simply an attempt to flatter or appease the dark mistress who had spawned such a quagmire. Rin, though, showed true sincerity. "I saw a green frog a league north of here, hiding under a gnarled stump. It jumped so high I thought it could fly. In these twisted and sunken mire, you could wander for days and still be surprised by new mysteries." Rin waved her walking stick overhead, briefly hiding the sun and shrouding the two in night. The stars shone overhead. "And its peaceful here as well, the treetops are like a thousand picture frames for the night sky."

Reaching up, Rin plucked a handful of stars out of the sky and gently breathed a spark of life into them. The stars stirred and became tiny winged insects:Fireflies that twinkled with a somber radiance, their glow illuminated Rin's face as she smiled.

Letting daylight return, Rin looked up at Vermis, and nodded again "Yes, I like what you have made. No one else could have done this, and the world is all the richer for it"

Not spending points yet, everything above was just Cosmetic stuff for atmosphere. Unless the creation of fireflies costs a point.

hannahbbug3
2019-02-04, 12:04 AM
Flattery did not tend to get one very far with Vermis. As it was, sincere compliments were hit-or-miss, as well. The Goddess of Maddess was unpredictable in that way, and she thought, briefly, about transforming her quagmire into a desert just to spite Rin's words. But she felt the pull on her power and knew that, should she actually decide to do that, it would have to wait. As it was, she had bigger plans for the Throat, and - as it was - today was a good day. Her smile became much less pointed, as she gestured for Rin to walk at her side. "Walk with me," she said, command more than request. "And tell me what you call these star-sparks of yours. And- tell me your plans for this world, tiny sister." She could feign interest just fine, and yet - she was actually interested. And she wanted to see what the other gods had made. Therefore, she wandered above the mire once more, taking in the sights of new mountains and trees already filling the world, and the figures gathered in the planes above to witness the world take shape.

I flipped a coin. :smalltongue: Today (this turn), Vermis likes Rin!

hannahbbug3
2019-02-04, 12:18 AM
When a turn passes, should I do anything to mark the passage of time? Have the forests expand, rivers/oceans erode more land, erode the mountains to hills over several turns, etc? Or shall I just leave it alone and allow the gods to do all the work while the world holds still for them?

Drakeburn
2019-02-04, 12:44 AM
When a turn passes, should I do anything to mark the passage of time? Have the forests expand, rivers/oceans erode more land, erode the mountains to hills over several turns, etc? Or shall I just leave it alone and allow the gods to do all the work while the world holds still for them?

I'd say the latter, to just leave it alone and let the gods do all the work.

igordragonian
2019-02-04, 01:05 AM
Out- I am actually would like that, it will make the world feel more real.
Also, if it's ok, maybe you should mark when a turn "era"? has passed.

NineOfSpades
2019-02-04, 09:08 AM
"Walk with me,"

If Rin took issue with the command, or if she even noticed it was meant as a command at all, she made no fuss about it. She was happy to walk along the world of the first day, and rare is a long walk that is not made better by company along the road.

"And tell me what you call these star-sparks of yours. And- tell me your plans for this world, tiny sister."

"The second question is easier answered than the first" Rin began, ducking under a branch as they moved along, leaving the Throat behind. "I call them fireflies. They aren't much, really. Just a little spark in the darkness. You see, I think one day there will be a great many beings upon this world. Oh how I look forward to meeting them. And at night, they'll look up at the sky and see the immensity of all things. And if they are very, very lucky...I think such beings will want to reach up the heavens above." She gave a small chuckle "Perhaps some will even manage...though most I suspect will not". Her smile faded momentarily. It was not a sad expression that covered her face, but one of acknowledgement. "But even so, I think those that are yet to come will surprise even you, Vee. And I wanted them to know that I think they'll make it all the way to the end, if they decide to go for it." Pausing a moment, Rin looked at her sister. It wasn't often that the hope-bringer looked back at the past. By its nature, and in turn by hers, to Hope was to look forward. "I suppose, if I were to be honest as to what I want for this world, I could only answer that I want it to be a testament that thing can always change, they can always get better. Even things like you"

Looking out over creation, Rin saw upon the horizon a great forest to the south, and a mountain which rose up to greet the rising sun in the east. "Shall we journey that way then, to visit with the others?"

I don't understand what this 'time' and 'erosion' things you describe are. Clearly you are mistaken. That's part of an outdated notion, what did they call it...physics? Everyone knows reality only progresses due to the will of the gods. If they want a river to turn a flat bit of land into a canyon, then they'll do it themselves. Its not for the river to decide.

hannahbbug3
2019-02-04, 09:22 AM
I don't understand what this 'time' and 'erosion' things you describe are. Clearly you are mistaken. That's part of an outdated notion, what did they call it...physics? Everyone knows reality only progresses due to the will of the gods. If they want a river to turn a flat bit of land into a canyon, then they'll do it themselves. Its not for the river to decide.

You right!

We are just waiting on Wexon right now, before advancing to the next turn. If we don't hear from them in a few hours, though, I suppose we could roll for them, say that their god is sleeping still, and just mark the points he has? Sort of makes sense in a way, that the God of Civilization isn't here yet. :smallredface:
[roll0] Unneeded. Wish it was mine, tho.

Vermis feels a frown tug at her lips when Rin mentions that 'even things like you change,' but the expression lasts only a moment. The other goddess is right, after all. To stay stagnant is boring. Whether or not things change 'for the better,' that is none of her concern. But change should always happen. After all - if things didn't change, they wouldn't be here right now, would they?

The gorgon-goddess gives Rin a nod, and travels with her towards the ones, she supposes, are their brothers. Resting two of her six clawed hands on her left hip, one up under her chin, and one on Rin's shoulder, the remaining two gesture to the world around them. "Good morning, brothers. I see you have been busy."

Sizzlefoot
2019-02-04, 10:08 AM
You right!

We are just waiting on Wexon right now, before advancing to the next turn. If we don't hear from them in a few hours, though, I suppose we could roll for them, say that their god is sleeping still, and just mark the points he has? Sort of makes sense in a way, that the God of Civilization isn't here yet. :smallredface:
[roll0]

Vermis feels a frown tug at her lips when Rin mentions that 'even things like you change,' but the expression lasts only a moment. The other goddess is right, after all. To stay stagnant is boring. Whether or not things change 'for the better,' that is none of her concern. But change should always happen. After all - if things didn't change, they wouldn't be here right now, would they?

The gorgon-goddess gives Rin a nod, and travels with her towards the ones, she supposes, are their brothers. Resting two of her six clawed hands on her left hip, one up under her chin, and one on Rin's shoulder, the remaining two gesture to the world around them. "Good morning, brothers. I see you have been busy."

"Welcome, sister. It seems we've all been busy." Illorious sees the fireflies out of the corner of his eye and gasps in amazement. Whomever crafted these must have been a very fine artist indeed.", he mumbles, still staring.

Wexon
2019-02-04, 10:10 AM
How do you roll for points and use them in the same post? I thought edits disable rolls.

NineOfSpades
2019-02-04, 10:14 AM
How do you roll for points and use them in the same post? I thought edits disable rolls.

You don't. There is no way to roll a dice in a post such that you will know the outcome of that roll before you post. The better option is either 1. Just post a short blurb with a roll, then after seeing the outcome go back and edit the post you just made to account for your actions based on the outcome, or do your roll and post in seperate posts. Thats why I didn't take any action in my first post, I wanted to see the outcome of my roll. Admittedly, after rolling badly, I'm now just electing to save points for next round in the hopes of doing better.

"Welcome, sister. It seems we've all been busy." Illorious sees the fireflies out of the corner of his eye and gasps in amazement. Whomever crafted these must have been a very fine artist indeed.", he mumbles, still staring.

Rin gave a respectful nod of the head, not quite a full bow, but still enough to show some reverence towards her peers. "Hail and well met". Admittedly, it was more direted at Illorious than at the Abyss-Keeper. To say that Rin distrusted him would be unfair, she believed he was not like the beings they'd battled before the dawn of the first day. But to say there were no similarities would also be unfair, and her injuries were still very fresh, flashing a momentary thrum of pain through her at the feel of his aura. Still, she'd endeavor to be polite.

The compliment from the craftsman was enough to bring a blush of red to Rin's cheeks, and she was quick to answer "Those are mine, I'm glad you like them." She was equally quick to add "The storm you made, that was something truly impressive. The smell of rain over trees is the stuff that poetry is made for, I've no words to properly express it."

Rin chanced another quick glance towards Kel'adran, and suppressed a shiver that wanted to creep down her spine. She would like to count him as a friend, but she couldn't lie that he made her uncomfortable.

Wexon
2019-02-04, 10:33 AM
[roll0]

Eryth watched, an armored figure of perfect polygons, beholding as the other gods rose and shaped the world. He had no part in fighting over it, but he will shape it, guide it to perfection. Reaching out over the land, Eryth raised his hand as and two mountains rose from the ground, and he called, "Let me me bring order to this world!".

Mount Shomad, G8-I10. (Shape Land, 3 points)
Mount Yeroda, J8-L10. (Shape Land, 3 points)
10-6=4 points.

Sizzlefoot
2019-02-04, 10:54 AM
"Look at us all!", Illorious chuckles. "A craftsman with a badger's head, a goddess of heroes, an Eldritch One, a dark lord, a reptilian wizard-god, a musician with the voice of a tree, a moon-loving storm-chaser, a mother of serpents, and now this...mysterious armored figure. Care to introduce yourself, brother?"

Wexon
2019-02-04, 11:07 AM
Eryth turned his attention to the god who had addressed him. "Greetings, badger-headed one", he said. "It is I, Eryth, God of Order, Giver of Justice, Bringer of perfection, who will guide this world to a state perfectly aligned with the cosmos. And may I ask you introduce yourself, fellow?"

Sizzlefoot
2019-02-04, 11:36 AM
Eryth turned his attention to the god who had addressed him. "Greetings, badger-headed one", he said. "It is I, Eryth, God of Order, Giver of Justice, Bringer of perfection, who will guide this world to a state perfectly aligned with the cosmos. And may I ask you introduce yourself, fellow?"

Illorious gives a low bow. "I am Illorious the Craftsman. Not quite as lofty as some of our other godly titles, but it'll do. If you need any, ah, pieces of craftwork, do not hesitate to ask."

hannahbbug3
2019-02-04, 12:14 PM
Turn Two Begins

[roll0]

MAN Vermis is a weak goddess. Got 5 points to play around with. Again. :smalltongue:

hannahbbug3
2019-02-04, 12:23 PM

"Justice, Order?" Vermis spat. "Perfection." The very word made her gag. "Tell me, O Boring One, did you manage to sleep well during our battles against the Eldritch Ones?"

JbeJ275
2019-02-04, 01:19 PM
5+[roll0]=12

Much as it pains me to agree with Vermis, in this she is correct. Justice is a concept for those hiding from the truth. Order is unchanging and dead, while the axle must last the wheel must be ever-turning. And those who seek perfection take goodness and leave stillness and ashes.

As Vornyar says this, he flexes his left hand. One by one, the foremost knucklebones seep out through his skin and turn to creatures. His smallest to the rodents, hares and rabbits that make their home in the trees the ground or the plain and feed those greater creatures. The second forms ungulates. Deer, cattle and wild horses that travel in great unending herds across the open plains that still cover mush of the world.

The third forms predators, wolves, cats and bears like spring from this bone. Ready to bloody their maws and rule the world of nature. The fourth made birds of the sky, songbirds were released and settled back around Vornyar while birds of prey spread across the sky. The fifth was cast by a mighty throw into the seas to the north, where it dissolved and began forming all manner of creatures, from the smallest shrimp to the great leviathans of the depths.

His hand then warped, forming an animalistic claw instead of a dexterous hand, some part of him would now be in all the world’s great beasts.

If you want to create any specific creatures in future feel free to assume they are not yet created. I also avoided making insects or reptiles as they seem at least partially within Vermis’ domain and some amphibians definitely already exist.

NineOfSpades
2019-02-04, 01:21 PM
Turn 2 Roll

[roll0]+4 From last Round=12 Points.

"Illorius, might I borrow your ear for a moment" Rin asked politely. "I've a creation I wish to impart on the world, but I fear my own talents might be insufficient to the task. A forgemaster is called for, I think, and I can imagine no better" The small goddess had a twinkle in her eye, and excitement was palpable.

hannahbbug3
2019-02-04, 01:28 PM
Vermis smiles as Vornyar agrees with her, a sharp, pointed smile. She did not thank him, but imitation was the sincerest form of flattery, was it not? Without creatures, the world would be dead. So the snake-haired goddess reached up and took a serpent from her mane, yanking it from her scalp and watching with bemusement as it twisted, hissed, and died. Tossing its corpse onto the earth, she watched as the flesh dissolved, spreading out across the vast wastes and towards the realms each of her brothers had created. Roaches, beetles, arachnids, insects of all kinds were given life from the fetid flesh. And when naught but the bones of the snake remained, she picked up the ribs and crushed it in her hand. Splinters of bone became scales, which grew and became the unintelligent reptiles of the world. Large, small - all sorts. And the skull of the snake - she picked up, holding it in her hand and fawning over the grotesque as she watched the other gods. So many things she could do with a mind...

Saving my points this turn. 5+2=7 for next turn.

rs2excelsior
2019-02-04, 01:58 PM
Enmegar salutes his kin with his fish-bone spear as they approach. "Welcome, brothers and sisters. I see we have all been busy since our victory." He looks out over the endless expanse of sea surrounding their world, and the vast stretch of land within it. He strikes the butt of his spear into the ground, which begins to fragment and sink, forming islands where there was once solid ground.

Rolling for power: [roll0]

Oof, that roll. Still, I'm going to do one shape land action to make water in 35 BB, 35 AA, 36 Z, 34 Z, 35 Y, 36 X, 34 BB, 33 AA, and 32 BB in order to cut some smaller islands out of that region. I'll leave it up to our cartographer exactly how to do that without making things too blocky :smallsmile:

That leaves me with 5 - 3 = 2 power, +2 for ending with 5 or less again.

Regarding erosion and things, I think it's more in the spirit of this system to leave that up to player actions. I wouldn't be opposed to, say, some natural changes happening when an age changes, perhaps by general agreement. Or we can leave it to direct action.

Also, I imagine my deity as a somewhat blue-skinned humanoid, with a mask made from a giant fish skull. Just haven't really been able to work that it yet.

Drakeburn
2019-02-04, 02:17 PM
"And what do you know of perfection?" Araekor barked in response to what Eryth said.
"We have fought together to the best of our powers to get to where we are now." Araekor gestures to the other gods.
"By calling yourself 'Bringer of Perfection,' do you imply that the work we do on this world is poor in comparison to yours?"
With that said, Araekor storms away from group of gods.
"I will not let another god's idea of 'perfection' deny me for what I've rightfully earned..." Araekor muttered under his breath as he disappeared away from where the gods have gathered.

[roll0]

11+2=13

Spend 10 points to Create Avatar - Moriloth, The Shadowlord.

Spend 3 points to Shape Land to create a river from 38 N to 38 F.

Sizzlefoot
2019-02-04, 02:36 PM
Turn 2 Roll

[roll0]+4 From last Round=12 Points.

"Illorius, might I borrow your ear for a moment" Rin asked politely. "I've a creation I wish to impart on the world, but I fear my own talents might be insufficient to the task. A forgemaster is called for, I think, and I can imagine no better" The small goddess had a twinkle in her eye, and excitement was palpable.

"Why of course. What is it that you need?"

NineOfSpades
2019-02-04, 02:46 PM
"Why of course. What is it that you need?"

Rin raised her walking stick, conjuring a gust of wind that blew the sandy earth beneth them into a flat plane. Upon this, she began drawing in the dirt with the end of her stick "I want to make sure this world is protected, so I'm looking to create a weapon to gift to it, a symbol of light and protection" She continued working, tracing the outline of the image in her mind. "To that end, I need a blade, one fine enough to house a fragment of myself. A beacon to keep darkness at bay."

For my action I'm creating an avatar in the form of a sword. The power points itself can come from me, but I'd still like the fluff to have it as a collaborative effort.

Sizzlefoot
2019-02-04, 02:55 PM
Rin raised her walking stick, conjuring a gust of wind that blew the sandy earth beneth them into a flat plane. Upon this, she began drawing in the dirt with the end of her stick "I want to make sure this world is protected, so I'm looking to create a weapon to gift to it, a symbol of light and protection" She continued working, tracing the outline of the image in her mind. "To that end, I need a blade, one fine enough to house a fragment of myself. A beacon to keep darkness at bay."

For my action I'm creating an avatar in the form of a sword. The power points itself can come from me, but I'd still like the fluff to have it as a collaborative effort.

"Very well. Its material- it cannot be mere metal from the earth. We need something greater if we are to hold a shard of divine essence."

rs2excelsior
2019-02-04, 02:59 PM
Spend 4 points to Create Race (Orcs at 22 X) (-2 points for being within 1 tile of a river or similar large body of water).

Spend 4 Points to Create Race (Goblins at 20 X) (-2 points for being within 1 tile of a river or similar large body of water).

Spend 2 points to Create Subrace (Winged Goblins at 20 W) (-2 points for being within 1 tile of a river or similar large body of water).

And I'll save the 3 leftover points for later.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news... but creating races costs 22 points base in the first age. If you want to create them for 4 points you've got to wait until we get to the next one.

NineOfSpades
2019-02-04, 03:03 PM
"Very well. Its material- it cannot be mere metal from the earth. We need something greater if we are to hold a shard of divine essence."

Rin had not considered that, but it made sense. She nodded "Alright, agreed. Do you know of any such metal that might be capable of this? Or what to begin the search". The notion of having to work for this endevor only made her more excited, as she was not only the deity of hope, but of journeys. This would make for a marvelous one.

Sounds like a sidequest!

hannahbbug3
2019-02-04, 03:14 PM
I hate to be the bearer of bad news... but creating races costs 22 points base in the first age. If you want to create them for 4 points you've got to wait until we get to the next one.

He is correct, unfortunately. It's the second turn of the first age, not the second age.

Vermis watches with passing interest as Rin moves over to the badger-headed god, but their discussions are not interesting in the slightest. Instead, she rises to her feet once more, seeking out the dark god who had stormed away in Eryth's wake. "You know," she speaks when she finds Araekor, fumbling with the beginnings of an idea that he does not yet have the power to create, "We could make something quite interesting happen. Those two large mountains are a rather appealing target, and I do not appreciate their proximity to my lands."

If Eryth heard what they were discussing? So what? They were alike in power. None of them could overthrow another, at least, not without help. Vermis places four hands on Araekor's sides, and the other two on his shoulders, her voice like a purr with a manic glint in her eyes. "What's say you and I create a little chaos? I've got an idea..."

Drakeburn
2019-02-04, 03:24 PM

Oops. I thought we entered the second age. :smallredface:

JbeJ275
2019-02-04, 03:28 PM
As the gods conversed, the world continues to turn. And as it goes shifts emerge, each part of the world allowing one season to grow strongest.

The North would see winter winds swirl and coalesce, a great sphere of pure winter forms at the pole, and around it the lands turn to snow and ice. Creatures here must be able to survive the cold, but the sea brings riches that feed countless other creatures. A:18-22,B:19-21 and C:20 turn to ice floes and great glaciers.

In the southern lands a slow lazy wind would let the earth slowly crumble to sand, and the sun to bake it to stone. Yet life would still survive here, hiding by day and hunting for water by night. Y:25 to Z:29 turn into a hot stony desert.

In the east the winds of autumn would circle, permitting a low scrublands and open grassy plains but little more than that. Still this savanna would hold some of the world’s greatest beasts, unlimited by the narrow confines of the forest and with grasslands and the occasional solitary tree across the entire horizon. N:30 to P:33 become a warm savanna.

Finally, in the west the warm wet winds of spring allow a great delta to form, crisscrossed by smaller rivers. This soringland would be a beautiful and vibrant cradle for life. Fertile Delta, M:2 to P:3.

12-3*4=0

Sizzlefoot
2019-02-04, 07:56 PM
Rin had not considered that, but it made sense. She nodded "Alright, agreed. Do you know of any such metal that might be capable of this? Or what to begin the search". The notion of having to work for this endevor only made her more excited, as she was not only the deity of hope, but of journeys. This would make for a marvelous one.

Sounds like a sidequest!

"Perhaps. The metal at the heart of a fallen star- does that sound sufficient?"

Sidequests are sometimes always fun!

igordragonian
2019-02-04, 07:59 PM
'Chaos?! No! It doesn't make any sense!' Chuddai finally has woke up from his thoughts.
'I am Chuddai the Great Scholar. I haven't fought just to let this world to rot!'

[roll0]
having 12 points.

'I must have agents to defend the land of such incosistent mess!'

Creating Avatar- costs 10, so I have 2 left. and +2 because ended up with less then 5.

Chuddai wave his hands ritualistic dance, pulling a feather out of his attire, breaking a teeth from himself, sticking the feather with a strange gooey bood, throwing the mix unto earth.

a feathered gigantic serpent https://art.ngfiles.com/images/567000/567013_siva2d_follow-the-path-of-the-feathered-serpent.jpg?f1511795394 were created out of the godly mix, opening all of it's eyes.
'You shall be named Chichikabra. Guard the balance and the knowledge!'

hannahbbug3
2019-02-04, 08:07 PM
'Chaos?! No! It doesn't make any sense!' Chuddai finally has woke up from his thoughts.
'I am Chuddai the Great Scholar. I haven't fought just to let this world to rot!'

Vermis bares her fangs. "Lay off, Chuddai. This doesn't concern you."

NineOfSpades
2019-02-04, 08:07 PM
"Perhaps. The metal at the heart of a fallen star- does that sound sufficient?"

Sidequests are sometimes always fun!

"You would know better than I." Rin held up her walking stick "This is about the most complex thing I've ever crafted. I know nothing of metals, so I'd need your judgement on these things." Though as she spoke, her attention was drawn away to one of the other deities. "Ah, Chuddai, you arrival is most welcome at this moment." Rin rushed over and excitedly tugged the scholar over to where she and Illorius were speaking, and getting him away from her sister before things escelated. "Might you perhaps lend your wisdom? We seek a metal capable of holding a fragment of divine power. Illorius has suggested the metal from a star. Do you think that would work? And if so, where could we find such a thing?" she practically bubbled with excitement, radiating a joyous energy that was palpable in the air.

igordragonian
2019-02-04, 08:16 PM
After creating Chichikabra in his rage, Chuddai calmed down.
'This has been done. A guardian now will watch over the land... and as for a metal.' he paused, humming tipping his chin.
'I believe, that in the core of every element lie it's heart. If we will get to the Earth's heart and purfiy it... we will find the metal which is best for our world.'

Sizzlefoot
2019-02-04, 08:22 PM
After creating Chichikabra in his rage, Chuddai calmed down.
'This has been done. A guardian now will watch over the land... and as for a metal.' he paused, humming tipping his chin.
'I believe, that in the core of every element lie it's heart. If we will get to the Earth's heart and purfiy it... we will find the metal which is best for our world.'

Illorious nods with approval. "Aye, a fine choice."

LordArgon
2019-02-04, 09:13 PM
Kel'adran was admiring the sculpture of him when the rest of the gods arrived. They had a variety of colors and shapes, which was a bit off putting to him. He submerged himself until they were not all together. While submerged he noticed new life being formed in the ocean. Intrigued, he decided to make some creatures of his own. From the the rock of the ocean floor, he formed lobsters, crabs, barnacles, and swarms of krill. Reaching his power through the land, he made crayfish in the rivers and lakes and wood lice in the forests. Pleased with his work, he resurfaced and noticed the gods had split into groups and had reduced the visual noise to a tolerable level. He noticed the badger-headed god was discussing something with two other gods and ambled over. On the way he decided to make a gift to Illorious. Using his big, meaty claws to collect some dirt and stone, Kel'adran formed another animal. It was similar in shape to a spider crab, but its shell was covered in a black and white striped fur. As he kept plodding forward, more of these Illorian Land Crabs spread from his trail of footprints. When he neared the godly gathering, he hailed Illorious, "Greetings Friend. I have made a gift to return the favor from before."

Kel'Adran Expands the Thousand Spines from 23D to 26L

Total: 4 + 9 = 13
Shape Land: Create Pine Forests from 23D to 26L
New Total: 13 - 3*4 = 1 + 3

Sizzlefoot
2019-02-04, 09:21 PM
Kel'adran was admiring the sculpture of him when the rest of the gods arrived. They had a variety of colors and shapes, which was a bit off putting to him. He submerged himself until they were not all together. While submerged he noticed new life being formed in the ocean. Intrigued, he decided to make some creatures of his own. From the the rock of the ocean floor, he formed lobsters, crabs, barnacles, and swarms of krill. Reaching his power through the land, he made crayfish in the rivers and lakes and wood lice in the forests. Pleased with his work, he resurfaced and noticed the gods had split into groups and had reduced the visual noise to a tolerable level. He noticed the badger-headed god was discussing something with two other gods and ambled over. On the way he decided to make a gift to Illorious. Using his big, meaty claws to collect some dirt and stone, Kel'adran formed another animal. It was similar in shape to a spider crab, but its shell was covered in a black and white striped fur. As he kept plodding forward, more of these Illorian Land Crabs spread from his trail of footprints. When he neared the godly gathering, he hailed Illorious, "Greetings Friend. I have made a gift to return the favor from before."

Kel'Adran Expands the Thousand Spines from 23D to 26L

Total: 4 + 9 = 13
Shape Land: Create Pine Forests from 23D to 26L
New Total: 13 - 3*4 = 1 + 3

Illorious looks upon the crabs with delight. "Beautiful! Thank you, friend!"

Illorious hefts his hammer and slams it into the ground. A tremor runs through the earth as a great fissure opens in the ground. A small geyser of clear water springs up and begins steadily flowing down the fissure. Soon, the geyser flows faster and faster until it roars into a rushing river.

Spend 3 points to create a river beginning at P6 and flowing diagonally until it drains into S4.
Rolled 2d6: 4
point total: 9.
9-3=6 points

igordragonian
2019-02-05, 12:26 AM
"I am quite curiouse indeed. I wonder how much we can learn from thosw new beings... hmmm.."

Drakeburn
2019-02-05, 02:12 AM
Growing annoyed with this inconvenience from the unexpected company of Vermis and Chuddai, Araekor leaves them to squabble with each other. While the idea of an alliance with Vermis interested him, he was even more annoyed with the fact that Chuddai overheard Vermis and made a "guardian" to maintain balance in the world that they're shaping. Araekor remembered a time when he fought long and hard with the other gods against the forces of chaos before the world came to exist. Now, he ponders upon the idea of using chaos to get what he wants: a domain of great size to rule over. He felt without a doubt that this is what he was owed for his efforts in the war before the world came to be.
He wasn't going to let anything get in the way of that. Not Eryth, Chuddai, or Chichikabra.

Araekor stopped on his way away from Vermis and Chuddai. He realized that one of the things that he needed to get what was rightfully his was a servant. A servant who would lead his armies against those who would attempt to stop his plans.
So Araekor looked down at his shadow, bent down, and grabbed it. Then he tore out a piece of his own shadow, the piece of shadow screaming and snarling in pain and confusion as it grew bigger and darker in Araekor's hand. The growing dark mass then took the shape of a dark humanoid figure in the same shape as Araekor. Only it was pitch black all over, and it was faceless. When the dark figure had finished growing, Araekor let go of it, the dark figure ceased its noises and thrashing and looked straight at Araekor.

"Who do you serve?" Araekor asked the dark figure.
"Araekor." The dark figure answered in a raspy voice, bowing on one knee before its creator. "I... Serve... Araekor."
"That is right. You will only serve and answer to me. From this moment on, you will be known as Moriloth the Shadowlord." Araekor said with a smirk of satisfaction on his face.

"Now come, we have much work to do."

Ok guys, I changed the actions in my previous post (well, the post before my previous post to be more exact). So I've created an avatar for Araekor, and created a river by Araekor's mountains.

igordragonian
2019-02-05, 04:27 AM
How all knowing our gods are? Like, we know for example that Shadowlord has been created?
Also, I was sure you can spend points each turn on single kind of action... was I wrong?

Sizzlefoot
2019-02-05, 10:06 AM
"Who do you serve?" Araekor asked the dark figure.
"Araekor." The dark figure answered in a raspy voice, bowing on one knee before its creator.
"That is right, Shadowlord Moriloth. You will serve and answer only to me." Araekor said to Moriloth, letting out a smirk of satisfaction on his face.

"Then come, we have much work to do."

Ok guys, I changed the actions in my previous post (well, the post before my previous post to be more exact). So I've created an avatar for Araekor, and created a river by Araekor's mountains.

Damn man, you're like Peter Pan but with death metal.

Drakeburn
2019-02-05, 11:15 AM
Damn man, you're like Peter Pan but with death metal.

I was kind of taking a bit of inspiration from a scene from the Lord of the Rings movie (where Saruman was making Uruk-Hai).

Though a death metal Peter Pan was not what I expected the dark lord Araekor to be described as. :smallconfused: :smallbiggrin: :smallcool:

Wexon
2019-02-05, 01:23 PM
Hey people, I'm sorry, but I can't participate anymore. There have been a lot of exams lately, and many more are coming, and it's taking a lot more of my time and energy than I thought it would. I'm sorry I quit on you like that when we just begun, but I just can't do it anymore.
I'll be glad to stay as a reader, though. I wanna know how this world will turn out.
Good luck!

Drakeburn
2019-02-05, 03:42 PM
Hey people, I'm sorry, but I can't participate anymore. There have been a lot of exams lately, and many more are coming, and it's taking a lot more of my time and energy than I thought it would. I'm sorry I quit on you like that when we just begun, but I just can't do it anymore.
I'll be glad to stay as a reader, though. I wanna know how this world will turn out.
Good luck!

Good luck to you too on your exams!

BTW, I made an OOC thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?580272-Dawn-of-Worlds-OOC) for everybody here to use.

NineOfSpades
2019-02-05, 04:33 PM
Rin pondered where to get the element needed. Traveling to the heart of the world would not be an easy feat. She paced back in forth as she mulled the matter over, turning ideas around one way and another in her mind as she searched for options, nibbling on her thumbnail all the while. As she moved about, her eyes fell on the distant, fog shrouded mountain and the lake that slept beneath it. The Abyss. When created, it was supposed to have no limit to its depths. The answer, or just the start of her journey. "I'm off then. Keep the forge warm for me" She smiled and bowed owards the craftsman and the scholar, and then headed east.

The lake was placid, though perhaps a tad chilly, as she arrived. Standing at the edge of the waters, Rin removed her traveling cloak and folded it carefully, placing it upon a smooth gray stone. She removed her shoes next, and then the remainder of her clothing. Lastly she laid her walking stick against a tree. Turning to the waters, she entered into the lake. It was only a few steps before the bottom dropped away, and only blackness could be seen below.With a colossal breath, Rin steadied herself and then dove down below the surface.

For three days, Rin swam downwards in darkness, searching for a bottom to the abyssal depths. At times, she feared she was not alone in the inky, all consuming depths, and that leviathans which slumbered where the sun never reached were swiming just out of her perception. Still though, she continued on, down, down, into nothingness. And after three days, or perhaps longer, as she only had her on estimate of time, Rin spotted a dim red ember burning in the depths. As she drew nearer, she spotted the entrance to a cavern. Though the Abyss continued down further still, she persued this new direction with curious intrigue.

The cave was illuminated with molten stone, the burning depths of the earth. Walking atop the burning magma, she quested deeper still. Water dripped from her body, and where it struck the ground sprang tiny elemental spirits, born of the intersection of water, earth, and fire. She stopped only long enough to play with the newborn sprites, before sending them on their way, and carried onward.

Three days of walking, steadily downward, passed in isolation. She found caves so vast that even with her divine strength she could not throw a stone from one end to the other. She found passages so narrow that not even a memory could squeeze through. Ever downward, Rin treked.

Rin reached the bottom of the world, and make no mistake, for there was a bottom. And from there, she found the very last thing she expected. A gardern of flowers, wild and overgrown, untended and forgotten. It was beautiful, in its own way, a place so far from light, yet vibrant and alive. Though fatigue gripped her, she cast a bit of her strength, creating a wellspring, pure and clean water spilling out and nourishing the flowers there. Though she was alone, she hoped that her small gesture would be sufficient to take a single polished stone the size of her head from the garden at the bottom of everything.

The journey back to the surface took another 10 days, for the climb uphill was far harder than the descent downwards. Rin minded it little, and she sang to herself as she went. Her songs echoed through the caverns, and would continue to be carried through the deep underground for all the days to come. Sometimes, if you were to listen carefully, you might even catch a faint tune whispered from somewhere far away.

Returning to sunlight, Rin sensed that events had transpired in her absence. A darkness, something cancerous and wicked, had been birthed into the world. One of her companions was absent as well, the presence of Eryth no longer thrummed upon her senses "Oh dear..." Was all she could say "I've been gone too long" before collecting her possessions and quickly clothing herself. Returning at a spring, she found her way back to Illorius.

"I've returned, friend" Rin exclaimed, practically throwing her prize into Illorius's hands. But alas, fatigue from her long journey, she slipped and the stone fell. It landed with a thundercrack, splitting open. Rin jumped back, shock and dismay flashing upon her face. But those faded into wonderment. Inside the stone was a metal unlike anything that Rin had ever seen, indeed, unlike anything she could even imagine. It shone with a light all its own, and bathed the room in its warm glow. "Illorius...I have traveled very far to find a metal worthy of your skill. I hope this will suffice" She whispered.

Sizzlefoot
2019-02-05, 07:16 PM
Rin pondered where to get the element needed. Traveling to the heart of the world would not be an easy feat. She paced back in forth as she mulled the matter over, turning ideas around one way and another in her mind as she searched for options, nibbling on her thumbnail all the while. As she moved about, her eyes fell on the distant, fog shrouded mountain and the lake that slept beneath it. The Abyss. When created, it was supposed to have no limit to its depths. The answer, or just the start of her journey. "I'm off then. Keep the forge warm for me" She smiled and bowed owards the craftsman and the scholar, and then headed east.

The lake was placid, though perhaps a tad chilly, as she arrived. Standing at the edge of the waters, Rin removed her traveling cloak and folded it carefully, placing it upon a smooth gray stone. She removed her shoes next, and then the remainder of her clothing. Lastly she laid her walking stick against a tree. Turning to the waters, she entered into the lake. It was only a few steps before the bottom dropped away, and only blackness could be seen below.With a colossal breath, Rin steadied herself and then dove down below the surface.

For three days, Rin swam downwards in darkness, searching for a bottom to the abyssal depths. At times, she feared she was not alone in the inky, all consuming depths, and that leviathans which slumbered where the sun never reached were swiming just out of her perception. Still though, she continued on, down, down, into nothingness. And after three days, or perhaps longer, as she only had her on estimate of time, Rin spotted a dim red ember burning in the depths. As she drew nearer, she spotted the entrance to a cavern. Though the Abyss continued down further still, she persued this new direction with curious intrigue.

The cave was illuminated with molten stone, the burning depths of the earth. Walking atop the burning magma, she quested deeper still. Water dripped from her body, and where it struck the ground sprang tiny elemental spirits, born of the intersection of water, earth, and fire. She stopped only long enough to play with the newborn sprites, before sending them on their way, and carried onward.

Three days of walking, steadily downward, passed in isolation. She found caves so vast that even with her divine strength she could not throw a stone from one end to the other. She found passages so narrow that not even a memory could squeeze through. Ever downward, Rin treked.

Rin reached the bottom of the world, and make no mistake, for there was a bottom. And from there, she found the very last thing she expected. A gardern of flowers, wild and overgrown, untended and forgotten. It was beautiful, in its own way, a place so far from light, yet vibrant and alive. Though fatigue gripped her, she cast a bit of her strength, creating a wellspring, pure and clean water spilling out and nourishing the flowers there. Though she was alone, she hoped that her small gesture would be sufficient to take a single polished stone the size of her head from the garden at the bottom of everything.

The journey back to the surface took another 10 days, for the climb uphill was far harder than the descent downwards. Rin minded it little, and she sang to herself as she went. Her songs echoed through the caverns, and would continue to be carried through the deep underground for all the days to come. Sometimes, if you were to listen carefully, you might even catch a faint tune whispered from somewhere far away.

Returning to sunlight, Rin sensed that events had transpired in her absence. A darkness, something cancerous and wicked, had been birthed into the world. One of her companions was absent as well, the presence of Eryth no longer thrummed upon her senses "Oh dear..." Was all she could say "I've been gone too long" before collecting her possessions and quickly clothing herself. Returning at a spring, she found her way back to Illorius.

"I've returned, friend" Rin exclaimed, practically throwing her prize into Illorius's hands. But alas, fatigue from her long journey, she slipped and the stone fell. It landed with a thundercrack, splitting open. Rin jumped back, shock and dismay flashing upon her face. But those faded into wonderment. Inside the stone was a metal unlike anything that Rin had ever seen, indeed, unlike anything she could even imagine. It shone with a light all its own, and bathed the room in its warm glow. "Illorius...I have traveled very far to find a metal worthy of your skill. I hope this will suffice" She whispered.

"Aye, it will prove worthy. You have done well." Illorious takes out a waterskin and fills it with liquid from his newly made river. "Here. Drink. You need sustenance. You have traveled a long, long way." Illorious notices a tiny elemental sprite hanging on to the side of the stone, and reaches out to pluck it off. "Odd little thing, aren't you?" He chuckles.

Almost forgot- happy lunar new year, everyone! Enmegar, how's that moon doin'? Have we made pigs yet?

NineOfSpades
2019-02-06, 11:40 AM
Rin took the waterskin with only a nod of acknowledgement and gratitude, drinking long and deep from it. She rested her legs, finding a spot of comfortable earth to sit on, as she waited and watched, excited to see the master smith go to work.

I'll let Illorious handle the Forging Scene (https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ForgingScene). When that is done, I can finish making my avatar. If people are waiting on me, I'll declare action for this round as spending 10 PP on making an avatar, so that its official, and then save 2 PP for next round, just so that we can official move to turn 3 if people are eager to continue, just so long as its clear that I'm making the avatar on turn 2 even though the actual post where they pop into being hasn't happened yet, because fluff is important and its worthwhile to spend time to do it properly.

hannahbbug3
2019-02-06, 12:13 PM
Turn Three Begins

[roll0]

Drakeburn
2019-02-06, 04:23 PM
[roll0]

From on top of one of the mountains of his own creation, Araekor looked down at the river he had finished creating. It was a good addition to his domain, which will prove helpful to his plans. But it was insignificant compared to some of the other creations of the other gods. And he knew that some of the other gods were planning against him. If Araekor wanted to defend what he was working for, he was going to need more than Moriloth or a river.

He turns to face the opposite side to see Kel'adran's Eye of the Abyss and the Thousand Spines which has grown. It would only before a matter of time before Kel'adran's work would take up much of the land, and leave little for him to rule over.

"That is far enough, brother." Araekor muttered under his breath.
"I'm going to need some of this land for what I'm making."

Araekor used his power to make another mountain range rise out from the ground to act as a border for his domain, making it so that it connects with his other mountain range.

Then Araekor had another, bigger mountain protrude from the ground, shaping it to become a great volcano. A volcano that Araekor has plans of use when the time is right....
"Mount Mourgar." Araekor said with a smile.

Create Land for 3 points - Mountains (28 B) (29 C) (29 D) (30 E) (31 E) (32 F) (33 E) (34 E) (35 F)

Create Land for 3 Points - Volcano [Named Mount Mourgar] (35 D)

igordragonian
2019-02-06, 07:24 PM
Chuddai (https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQVxnuQd6NWIxJcLvw-6H5l4kSHXSFMVg07frhZuF1cZJQF2slScQ)
roll

[roll0]

Chuddai create great lizards- the dinosaurs. They will eventually evolve into magical beings like dragon, and be source of research for further generations.

'More crystals will be required.' he says,and with moition of his hands create more mines
actions
'And let us create phenomons to explore-' and create a series of gazers.

create another place of crystal mines- but this time, red crystals.( N22,23,24, O23, O24, O25, P24, P25, P26)
creating underground hot river with long series of gazers (W17 to W14, V13, U12, U11, T11 and T10. Calling it 'The Steam Stream') also shaping the climate around the Steam Stream to be with a lot of hot rains.

left with 4 points, adding +3 next time.

Sizzlefoot
2019-02-06, 07:51 PM
"For this I'll need a better forge." Illorious draws up a great chunk of iron from the earth. He gives it a tap with his hammer, and small hairline cracks begin to run across it. Slowly, the cracks spread like spiderwebs until bits of the chunk begin falling away until the form of an anvil is revealed. Illorious hammers the ground once again, and a fissure of flame and lava springs up, spraying molten rock five feet in the air. The anvil glows with heat as Illorious places the stone on it and begins hammering. For ten days and ten nights Illorious works, pounding out impurities and shaping the blade to perfection. Finally, on the eve of the tenth day, Illorious catches a ray of radiant sunlight and hammers it into the blade. He raises it up, a great sword of pure light, and admires it. A little tear appears in his eye.
"My best work yet. Here, Rin, take it. You have certainly earned it."

rolled 7, 6+7=13 points. hmm. I think I'll save up.

hannahbbug3
2019-02-06, 07:52 PM
It seemed that Arekor wasn't the only one who had ideas of making a realm to themselves. But while he raised the earth, Vermis brought two of her arms down, slamming them on the land and lowering it to break off a continent of her own - and it would be her own, despite the monolithic mountains on the horizon. That done, she claimed the coast as her own, allowing the mire to spread down along the shoreline.

And then, in the middle of her swamp, she called forward her power to bring a great tree to grow, lifting it high above the canopy of the other foliage in the wetland. A twisted and gnarled thing, it towered above her demesne. "This," she declared. "Will be the seat of my power. This tree will be my Forked Tongue, and from it, my followers will hear my voice. It shall be my throne."

Spending two shape land actions to create a rift through L4, M5-M8, N9, O10-O11, and from M10, N11-N13, M14, L15-L17, K18.
Spending one more shape land to expand the Serpent's Throat diagonally from K14-G18.
14-9=5+3, 8 for next turn.

NineOfSpades
2019-02-06, 09:07 PM
Rin held the blade reverently, eyes filled with wonder. This weapon was everything she'd dreamed it could be, and yet there was still more it could become. "Thank you Illorious, I could never have made this without your help".

For a moment, she let the weight of the moment hang, but only just a moment. Rin's expression cracked, a smile eding upwards on her lips till she was grinning from ear to ear. Laughter, joyous and practically giddy erupted out of her as she spun in place, watching the light gleam of the weapon. She took off at a sprint, blade in one hand, walking stick in the other, as she raced over the land. One more step still, and it was a big one.

Arriving at her destination, Rin looked out over the world from the island in the east, where she could meet the rising sun. "Ok, now for the hard part" She said, taking a breath. And it was true, this would be a challenge unlike anything she'd ever tried before. She closed her eyes, and reached inside herself, digging deep.

She found her core,the spark of infinity that defined who and what she was. And from that, she drew out the smallest possible sliver she could, with great care and patience, she drew it out. Where she stood, the world rippled and shook, trembling in the presence of such power. Holding the blade aloft, she breathed out, letting her strength flow outwards into the weapon.

It erupted, for there were no other words to describe it, as that spark of infinity took hold in the mortal world. The weapon hummed, like a bell. It radiated a physical presence within the sound, a wave of pressure that pushed outwards, cradling the air and those fortunate enough to bask in its light. It was soothing, and welcoming, and steady. All Will Be Well. The thought rang just as true as the sound, voiceless but undeniable.

Power can come in many forms. It can be like lighting, bright and fast, crashing down with terrible fury and smashing all in its path. It can come as fire, raging and wild, spreading in all directions till it engulfs everything. And it could come ice, patient and cunning, creeping into ever weakness, slithering down until it had taken full root.

The sword had Power, with a capital P. And it was like a sea that stretched out to the horizon, untroubled by waves and calmed to a mirror like sheen. It was placid, it was vast, it was deep, but it made no effort to display its strength.

It was Spectacular.

It was Awesome.

It Was.

"Suppose you'll need a name then" Rin said to her blade. "Its important that I give you the right one. This world is so beautiful, but very fragile as well. And I will need your help to protect it. You will need to be strong, and you will need to be gentle as well." She thought a moment longer. In all her days and nights of walking, she'd never stopped to give thought to what she would call the creation she now held. She simply trusted that when the moment came, she'd know.

The moment was now, and so she drew the blade back, spreading her stance as if to do battle. Her muscles tensed, and with both hands upon the hilt, she drew breath. "I name you..." With a great heave, the goddes swung the blade with all her might, slashing the weapon through the air as she roared "Beacon!"

The sword split the very heavens. From east to west, the sky was rent asunder, split in half. From above, the blue sky was transformed into a rainbow prism, shimmering brilliantly. It rained down as crystals, filled with magical power that spread into the ground below, awakening it to fantastic and joyous life.

And Rin stood in the east, and smiled. "This is gonna be great"

Already spent last points to create Beacon, the sword of evil's bane, emblem of hero's, and bulwark against darkness.

https://i-h1.pinimg.com/564x/48/a1/9f/48a19f94c4dc002dd86ae346e08f64ab.jpg

Using Shape Climate to change the land along the equator from one end of the world to another. I'm adding the 'enchanted' climate. The sky is eternally covered by a rainbow (think like saterns ring), that rains down magical crystals which imbue the land with power.

by my count 40 tiles long by 1 tile in with costs 5 uses of 'shape climate' at 2 apiece, so that makes for 10 PP, leaving me with 1 remaining.

Sizzlefoot
2019-02-07, 12:06 AM
Illorious wanders along the shoreline in the form of a small, slim man dressed in a blacksmith's jerkin, his only distinguishing feature being his beady black badger's eyes. He wishes for the time before the war. Things were simple then. Things were easy. There was nothing for him but his craft. And now? He wishes he had never risen up, never offered to forge those damned weapons... but now, he had his workshop, his great world-spanning workshop, and that was all he needed. Stumbling over an odd, many-colored crystal interrupted his train of thought.
Interesting. Very interesting., he says, picking up the stone. He notices another nearby, and another. They seem to be falling from the sky! Illorious looks up and sees the rainbow above. He has only seen such colors in distant memories, their details long since faded. Illorious sighs.
At least I have my craft.

Just a bit of character development.

igordragonian
2019-02-07, 12:27 AM
"Llourious... you have done quite the impressive job, I must to admit." Chiddai has said, doing a strange test- sending a feather floating, and be painted by the rainbow- while Chiddai wrote charts on tablet of clay.
"Homes... some of us, already wishing to confine themselves.. how curiouse."

hannahbbug3
2019-02-07, 12:27 PM
After finishing her work, Vermis takes a step back from the swamplands, quirking her brow as she takes in the new sights. More mountains, one with black smoke rising from it. An arc of color across the sky, raining gems down onto the earth. And several new presences - one dark as night, the other a radiant beacon in the distance. Both were... intriguing. But feeling a much closer affinity to the darker one, the gorgon-goddess stepped into Araekor's demesne.

She found herself atop Mount Mourgar, looking down into the hellish, heated pit with something of a smile on her face. It was roiling, and chaotic, and so full of an energy which seemed exactly like the God of Destruction. "Nice work," she hums, looking towards the dark lord. Her gaze then falls to his Shadow, and she quirks her brow. "Tell me, who is this that you've made?"

rs2excelsior
2019-02-07, 12:34 PM
Enmegar watches with detached disinterest as the other gods shape the land forge objects of power. He is less interested in such things. From his seat of frothing waves, he begins to plan what other impacts he will have on this world. He calls up his storms, bringing rain over the land and leaving rich, moist soil in their wake.

Power: [roll0]

Shape Climate to create fertile land with regular rain cycles (if that's alright to link together) on the island off the east of the map (21 tiles), on the largest island in the southeast (5 tiles plus the little bits on the edges--if y'all are willing to let me count the rest in the ~2 tiles I have left with my actions, otherwise I'll take the two with the biggest portion of land), and along the river from the Mountains of the Moon (8 tiles). That's 34 full tiles plus a bit, so 4 shape land actions for 8 power.

Final power is 11 - 8 = 3 +3 for ending with 5 or less again.

Drakeburn
2019-02-07, 01:52 PM
Araekor was on top of Mount Mourgar, admiring his work with Moriloth by his side.
Then his train of thought was interrupted by something.

"Beacon!"

Araekor had no doubt that that was Rin's voice. He was sure of it.
He turned to direction the voice came from, and saw the phenomenon that was happening in the sky. Split apart and the formation some kind of rainbow prism. But what Araekor found most interesting were the crystals raining down from the prism. He felt that they had some magic power within them. A magic power that the other gods are undoubtedly putting to use against him. To think that the gods that he's fought alongside are preparing to go to war against him. But he knew that with more than one god plotting against him and his creations, he wouldn't be able to hold them off. He needed to buy himself more time to prepare. But how can he distract the other gods long enough for him to prepare his forces? How.....

"Nice work," A familiar voice said.

Araekor turned to see Vermis with him and the Shadowlord on top of Mount Mourgar.

"Tell me, who is this that you've made?"

Araekor's face turned from baffled and frustrated to a more friendly expression upon seeing Vermis again.

"Vermis. So nice to see you." Araekor replied.
"That is my servant; Moriloth, the Shadowlord." Araekor says as he gestures to the unmoving creature.

"I would like to apologize for leaving so hastily. I found Chuddai's intrusion very unpleasant. While we're here, I'd like to pick up where we left off before we were so rudely interrupted. But before we do, there is something I need to do really quickly. If you'll be so kind as to wait for a short moment."

With that said, Araekor takes Moriloth aside a short distance from Vermis.

"Moriloth, I have three tasks that I need you to do." Araekor whispered into where one the Shadowlord's ears should be.
"What do you need me to do for you, master?" Moriloth asked.
"I haven't seen Eryth for a long time, and I need you to go out to find him, and I need you to report to me what he is up to. That is the first task I need you to do for me. The second task I have you is to investigate what Rin has done. I want to know what this 'Beacon' is that she spoke of, and return to me with what you've learned."

"And your final task is to investigate the magic crystals that I've seen, and to see if there are other magic crystals in this world. I need you to bring to me as many crystals as you can take. Understood?"

"Yes master." Moriloth responded with a nod.

"Good. I need you to do all these tasks in secrecy, under the cover of night and darkness. Now go."

The Shadowlord immediately made its way swiftly down Mount Mourgar without its legs moving or touching the rock of the mountain, and hovered over the ground as it started heading to the West.

"Now, what did you have in mind before Chuddai cut in?" Araekor asked Vermis as he came back to her.

A bit of RP that may or may not lead up to the creation of the Nameless Beast.

hannahbbug3
2019-02-07, 02:18 PM
Vermis is not much for patience, and she is not pleased when Araekor puts her on hold once again. Still, she has ideas, and considering how... unfortunately... much weaker she was in comparison to the other gods, who were creating more than mindless creatures - servants of their own - she knew it would be a good idea to ally early on with one which she shared much in common. "Simply put, I believe this world needs a little more chaos," she says. "Look at all of it so far. Its... beauty, its brilliance, its light. It needs a little disruption, don't you think? Some sort of... blight," she hums. "You and I, we should make a statement. Show the others that the balance will not go unquestioned."

Drakeburn
2019-02-07, 02:59 PM
"And how do you propose we do that?" Araekor asked with a raised eyebrow and folded arms.
"That is what I really want to know."
Araekor didn't like the idea of unleashing chaos upon the world, especially after he fought in the frontlines against chaos. But he also knew that none of the other gods wanted chaos either, and that was exactly what he was hoping for.

hannahbbug3
2019-02-07, 03:09 PM
"You have a good start, here, with your volcano," Vermis said, looking once more over the rim and into the lava. "And the Thousand Spines is getting quite close," she said leadingly.

JbeJ275
2019-02-07, 03:57 PM
As the world continued turning Vornyar continued allowing the world to be reformed by the season’s unending advance. In the north cold winds blew and the ice-sheets advanced, turning the entire northern ocean into a deadly winter sea. Northern Ice Floes grow by 1 in each direction.

And in the south, the land itself warped, between the hot dry desert and the cold wet a ocean a set of looming hills would grow separating them. Now the southern edge of the world would seem to end as if cut by a knife. A solid and sheer cliff separating land and sea.
BB:25-29, CC:24-25 and CC:29-30 become a tall mountain range with an immense cliff on the southern edge.

Drakeburn
2019-02-07, 05:17 PM
"That may be so, but I have no quarrel against Kel'adran. I do not want to provoke him any further than what I may already have, lest he joins the other gods who are plotting against us. I was thinking that maybe we can combine our power to create something that can wreak havoc upon their creations. A creature of chaos to challenge Chuddai's guardian, perhaps?" Araekor couldn't help but to smile at such a thought.

hannahbbug3
2019-02-07, 06:38 PM
Vermis sighed through her nose, and flicked her forked tongue. It wasn't the answer she was hoping for. "So what if others plot against us? It feeds into the cycle all the same. War, Maddness, Chaos, Destruction. The others would have things remain peaceful - but peace is stagnant. Still, it is only in a still pool that great things grow... so perhaps you are right..." she wars with herself. "Keep things tame for now, so that our wake will be even bigger when we do act. Tell me of this creature you dream of."

LordArgon
2019-02-07, 08:11 PM
Kel'adran was resting on the eyeland in the middle of his lake when a sudden flash of light woke him up. "Gah, why are there so many colors?" Irritated by his sudden awakening, he decides to go for a walk to relax. He decides to visit his neighbor's mountain range to clear his head and possibly hide from the onslaught of colors. On his way to the mountains, he drags his tails behind him creating a river. Spotting Araekor and Vermis talking, he decides to greet them. "Hello there neighbors what a terrible day it has been."

Kel'adran connects the Eye of the Abyss to Araekor's river and creates Voidwater Swamp from 29J to 31L

[roll0]
Total: 4 + 5 = 9
Shape Land: River in 32G to 35G and then 36F to 37F connecting to the river already there.
Shape Land: Swamp in the square from 29J to 31L
New Total: 9 - 3*2 = 3

hannahbbug3
2019-02-07, 08:43 PM
Turn Four Begins

[roll0]

Drakeburn
2019-02-07, 08:52 PM
"Why, it would be a creature of whatever design you can dream of." Araekor replied.
"A creature that cannot be described by words or understood by logic and reason. A creature that you can call your champion of chaos. Sure it might be much now, but it will be part of many that will accumulate into a force that the gods who oppose us cannot hold back. I feel that it would be more satisfying than unleashing something that can be repaired in an instant..."

"Hello there neighbors what a terrible day it has been."

Araekor turned to find Kel'adran here in his realm, much to the dark lord's surprise and bafflement.

"Uh, hello there Kel'adran. It is a rather irritating day I suppose. What brings you here to Mount Mourgar?"

Turn 4

[roll0]

Including the 1 I saved from the previous turn, that gives me 10 points.

LordArgon
2019-02-07, 08:59 PM
[COLOR="#8B4513"][B]
"Uh, hello there Kel'adran. It is a rather irritating day I suppose. What brings you here to Mount Mourgar?"

"I am trying to get away from that visually irritating band of color. The ash cloud from this volcano seems to block it nicely so I am hiding here. Also, I couldn't help but overhear you mention something indescribable and beyond all logic.That kind of thing is right up my alley if you need assistance."

[roll0]
My third nine. Maybe I should make nine my holy number.

Sizzlefoot
2019-02-07, 09:11 PM
rolled 5

total 18

still I wait...

NineOfSpades
2019-02-07, 09:23 PM
Rollin for points

[roll0]+1=11

Drakeburn
2019-02-07, 10:35 PM
"You would assist in the creation of things indescribable and beyond all logic? I thought you were a god of tranquility?"
Araekor was even more baffled than before. Was this some kind of trick? He turned to Vermis to see what she thinks of this.

igordragonian
2019-02-08, 03:28 AM
[roll0]

Chuddai has frowned.
"I sense our beautiful and stable world is in danger... gods shall we work together to preserve our creation?" he called to anyone willing to listen, and sending Chichikabra to spy around the volcano.

igordragonian
2019-02-08, 04:17 AM
Action

Chuddai. "Thouse mountains... they are closing part of the world. It might be hard to investigate it. Just a little flaw.. easy to fix."

Turn 30D into a valley.

"Oh. By accident, the other gods have tore this piece of land from the rest of the contienet... easily fixed or course."
Creating the crystal bridge at D19 and D20. Made from solid crystal and radiate with magic.

"And since certain gods love chaos and darkness so much... I am obliged to please them as well."
He create a new mine of crystals- dark crystals, which absorbing souls, of mortals as source for it's magic and knowledge.
It will be sarounded how ever by deadly area.
Create dark crystal mine at W32, on a a straight sharp height, 10 kilometers tall, W31, V31, V 32, V33 are one deep pit. The Saber Pit.

Now there are four types of crystals- red, which are radiate energy and could be used to bend the elements, mostly. Blue which is radiate psionic energy and could bend the mind. Ice Crystal which is freezing and preserving againt normal nature laws. And Dark: it does the opposite and absorb energy, mostly.life force. Usually destroy the uncareful user.

NineOfSpades
2019-02-08, 10:58 AM
So, things were good, right?

In some sense, they seemed to be. She'd brought something wonderful into the world, as the sky now rained gems that brought enchantment to the land, a new kind of energy that thrummed into creation. And that was wonderful. It brought wonder.

But things didn't seem to be going as she had hoped. Divisions were growing between the deities, distrust was spreading. Tracing the arc of her rainbow across the world, she could spy the twin mountains in the distance. Araekor and Vee were talking. Rin loved her sister, but that didn't blind here to the fact that leaving them to their own ends would bring trouble and hardship. Araekor had already birthed something, and even from the other side of the world, it gave her a tremble that crept down her spine. Soon, the two were joined by Kel, and that was troubling all the more so.

She huffed out a breath and put her mind to the task of trying to find a solution. Action was needed, that was certain. On the winds, she heard Chuddai calling for allies, and saw him craft new sources of magic, hedging in the mountains. It was clearly an act of aggression, a strong stance to take. But strong doesn't mean right, and often, the opposite was more likely the case.

Rin wondered what she should do, which was a hard question to answer. Beacon was in her hand, a weapon made to strike back against the night. Had fate, a force that was unknownable even to her, aligned for such things? Was she to be a righteous bolt, cutting out the cancer at its source before it could take root?

She shook her head. Such a line of reasoning would go nowhere, and she knew it. She spared only a moment to glance at her scars, a reminder of what it would be like to face a second war. If it came to it, she was confident she could kill her sister or Araekor in single combat. But that didn't much matter. Just because she could, didn't mean she could. Vee was her little sister. The thought of raising her hand in anger against her was unfathomable.

There was also reasons more tied to the head than the heart. The two, or perhaps three, as it was unclear to her how closely Kel was aligned, so she felt it unwise to place him categorically in one side or another. That would make for a much harder fight. She might still yet win, but it would destroy the world in the process. Nothing would be left.

Allying with Chuddai, and perhaps others, wouldn't help. Yes, it would make a battle easier, but Rin didn't want a battle. She was tired of battles. Forming alliances, forming sides would block away any chance that such a calamity could be averted.

"Seems like things have gotten kinda out of hand, huh?" The goddess asked her sword.

Beacon didn't answer, it just hummed as it always did, a sound of church bells and summer rain and the stillness of freshly fallen snow. It resonated just as it did, implacable and true All will be well.

That made the path forward clear, if perhaps no simpler. But though it had little chance to succeed, Rin did what she always did. She hoped.

Though they'd only just met, Rin sensed she needed to part with Beacon. Carrying a sword forward was not the message she wanted to send. She hefted the blade and embedded it into a stone, leaving it there to rest.Vines and moss sprouted almost instantly, holding the blade in place, as tree's grew into a grove around it. A quiet sanctum for a weapon of light.

Rin turned, held her walking stick, and departed.

First she went to Chuddai, though even a blind man could she she did not go to answer his call. Her lip was drawn narrow, her features firm. "Wise-One, I've heard your cries. You are right, troubling things are afoot." For a moment she paused, glancing past him to see the great spires of crystal he'd birthed, the weapons that they could be made from, and it made her wince.

She'd split the sky to make joyous things. To make dreams for children, and tree's that could tell stories of their long lives, of impish pranksters that flittered about to jeer at the haughty when they needed a reminder to not be so serious. Not...this.

She brushed it aside, for though it hurt to see, it was nothing she couldn't endure. "I'm going to Mourgar, to speak with them. This...I don't even know what this is. But it if it doesn't stop, it'll only get worse. We don't have to fight them, we don't have to have 'sides'. I know that there is another way." She held back tears from her eyes, but she was hurting, and her voice made that clear. "What you are doing, its just driving them further away. You have better eyes than I do, so I hope you can see that"

Rin didn't wait for an answer, she hadn't come to argue, just to plead her case. And she had more yet to do.

She stood now at the base of the burning mountain, near to its twin. She gripped her simple staff with both hands, as she looked up at the gloomy, blackened peak. It was time to try.

"Excuse me...may I come up, please?" She called to the others. "I would hope we could talk"

It occured to her that perhaps they didn't want to talk. And that, as she was now, if they wanted to attack, it is unlikely that they're would be a better opportunity to do so. But that was the thing about trust, she supposed. It only meant something to give it to those who might use it against you.

hannahbbug3
2019-02-08, 11:55 AM
Vermis' tongue flicks from her mouth, tasting the air as Kel'adran approaches. The eldritch god tastes like seawater and mystery, and she seems just as curious about his approach as Araekor is. But before she can open her mouth to speak, there is a rumble in the ground, and the mountains to their north suddenly pitch, heave, and crumble to the ground, Araekor's creation destroyed. And then, before her eyes, she watches as a bridge of crystal spreads between her lands and Kel'adran's. The fact that the bridge is there does not bother her.

It's more the fact that she can hear Chuddai's smugness, even from here.
"Oh. By accident, the other gods have tore this piece of land from the rest of the contienet... easily fixed or course."

By accident? By accident? She can feel seething anger in her breast. As if it was another god's job to correct what the others had done. As if he was better than the rest of them. As if he knew better. As if this world was his.

"Araekor, Kel'adran, I care not for alliances in the long term, for I'm sure both of you know that changeability is in my nature. I can make no promises that we will not be enemies tomorrow, even if I do not mean it. It is simply my nature to cause chaos, and if you are in my path in the future, then it is no more your fault than mine. But I cannot bear the insult that is Chuddai's presence." A hiss leaves her lips, as well as each tongue in her mane. "If you will lend me your assistance - it is my turn to create."

Not ignoring Rin, just saying that Vermis said all of these things before her sister showed up.
Also, if Kel'adran and Araekor are open to the idea of wanting to create an Avatar together (though I suppose it would still be under Vermis' control, since she'd use the most power points on it?) for fluff purposes we could say that I borrowed a power point from both of you this turn. I'll happily give the both of you one in exchange, so nothing really changes except the fluff. :smallcool: I'm assuming no one objects if the Nameless Beast is my avatar?

NineOfSpades
2019-02-08, 12:04 PM
Yeah, s'cool, I get that. Not really much to say at this point other than to acknowledge it. And, ya know, put a post up so that if you did want to respond now, you could do so without it being a double-post

hannahbbug3
2019-02-08, 12:08 PM
As Vermis finishes her words, she hears another voice call up to them. Rin. Still feeling anger, Vermis' eyes seem to flash when she directs her gaze to her big sister. "What do you want?" she shouts. "And why must all of you meddle? Why must I beg for time to speak with the others? Why must I always be interrupted? Why can you all not leave well enough alone?"

NineOfSpades
2019-02-08, 12:15 PM
As Vermis finishes her words, she hears another voice call up to them. Rin. Still feeling anger, Vermis' eyes seem to flash when she directs her gaze to her big sister. "What do you want?" she shouts. "And why must all of you meddle? Why must I beg for time to speak with the others? Why must I always be interrupted? Why can you all not leave well enough alone?"

Rin felt the venom in the words, but she took the brunt of it without faltering. Vermis was angry, and perhaps not entirely unfairly, at least from her own perspective. "I told you, I want to talk, that is all" Well, that wasn't entirely true. She wanted to talk, and wanted for those talks to prevent all out war. She kept her tone as gentle as a mountain stream as the snows melted into the first drops of spring. "If you don't want me to come up there, I will stay down here"

hannahbbug3
2019-02-08, 12:22 PM
Vermis hissed again. She was still waiting for an answer from Araekor and Kel'adran. But now, they had Rin to deal with as well. This was Araekor's mountain, so he would determine if Rin could come up or not. But the gorgon-goddess' displeasure was clear.

Drakeburn
2019-02-08, 12:33 PM
"Hm?" Araekor sensed that something had changed. A change to his land that was not by his own power. He turned to the West to see that one of his mountains to the East has now became a valley, to act as a notable gap within the mountain range. This was Chuddai's doing, no doubt.

"Master." Moriloth spoke as he returned to him.
"I bring news."

Then Araekor experienced something that he never has before. He was having visions of memories of what Moriloth had learned. How Eryth was slumbering under the mountains he created, how Beacon is a sword of Rin's creation, and how Chichikabra is now in Araekor's domain spying on him and the two gods with him. Araekor was somehow remembering Moriloth's memories. Was this possible? Could this be because part of him was used to create the Shadowlord?

But then Araekor's attention was turned to another god approaching the base of Mount Mourgar; Rin. She seemed to be interested in talking.

"What is there to talk about?" Araekor asked as he came down to Rin, with Moriloth following behind him.

No objections to letting the Nameless Beast being Vermis's avatar, as well as lending a few of my points to make it happen.

NineOfSpades
2019-02-08, 12:41 PM
Rin remained where she was. The dark-one and his minion were now both in the same place. Their aura was a pressure on her senses, something clawing and unpleasent. It felt similar to other deities, but foreign at the same time. Like putting on a favorite piece of clothing, only to discover it was unexpectedly damp and cold.

"There's a lot we could talk about" Rin admitted. She wasn't going to try to be coy or deceptive. She spoke with an honesty that could not be denied or hidden from. "Mostly though, I am afraid that we, all of us, are very foolish at times. That we have set ourselves on a path that will bring only ruin, and cast us back to war. I am here, because its not to late to avert that."

Drakeburn
2019-02-08, 01:04 PM
"Foolish?" Araekor repeated with a bitter tone and a harsh laugh.
"What you speak of is partly true, sister. Chuddai is a fool to try to interfere with my work here. And even as we speak, my servant beside me has reported that he has sent his serpent to spy on us right now. And it is not only my work that he's interfering with. Why is it that Chuddai feels that he should take it upon himself to make corrections to everything we are making here? He shouldn't have any say on how I shape my part of this world, or what I bring to this world. And before you answer, I want you to know that I'm also aware that Chuddai has called for you to his aid." Araekor says as he narrows his eyes at Rin.

NineOfSpades
2019-02-08, 01:22 PM
Rin didn't deny it, she just gave a shrug and a nod "He did, and I would like to think I gave him my aid, though perhaps not the aid he wanted. I told him that I thought what he was doing was only going to make things worse, and then I came here to try and mend what I could.". Rin felt the patter of a few raindrops upon her skin. It would be pouring, before to long, she suspected. It would take only the smallest effort of will to disperse the clouds, but she didn't. There were bigger storm clouds that needed her attention. "I can't speak for what Chuddai is doing, or what his plans are." She looked around, at the mountains and black crystal spires. "Whether or not he should have a say, I think its undeniable that he does ... we all do, in fact. I could raise a mountain just as easily as you could flatten it, and we could spend the rest of eternity just going round and round and round in circles." Rin was getting a little tired of shouting up at a mountain. "Look, I've come here in good faith, and I want to work with you. I'll not stay if I'm unwelcome, but I'd much rather continue face to face. May I join you on your mountain?"

Drakeburn
2019-02-08, 02:19 PM
Um, Araekor is actually talking to Rin face to face at the base of Mount Mourgar.

"You say you've come to work with me." Araekor said with a scoff.
"And you wish to avert war? Then tell me, Rin, why would someone who speaks of peace create a weapon? A weapon that could be used to destroy darkness? A weapon that can be used against me?" Araekor asks as he folds his arms and raises his eyebrow.
"Did you think I wouldn't find out about 'Beacon?' How can you ask for peace when you have already made preparations for war?!" Araekor yelled as he threw his arms down to his sides and clenched his fists and his teeth. Then, he loosened his fists and his expression.
"Rin, I do not want war as much as you do. Not after everything that we fought for together before this world came to be. But the creations I'm making here are for the same reasons you and Chuddai made your creations: to deter others from going to war, or to defend themselves against war if that fails. Will you at least let me have that?"

NineOfSpades
2019-02-08, 02:42 PM
Rin made no effort to deny her actions. Of course, she'd made no effort to conceal them either. "Beacon exists, and I made it." she affirmed, not letting him cudgel her with guilt over her actions. "And you made a shadow in your own image." she gave a gesture up towards the mountain "And now my sister is planning on creating some new beast to let loose, yes?". The last one was more an educated guess than anything, but it was one Rin was fairly confident in. "There is a big difference between getting ready for a fight and wanting one."

The rain was starting to come down in big, messy drops now. Wind carried the smell of ash down from the molten peak, and the small deity could feel her feet beginning to sink into the ground as it changed to mud beneath her. "I came here to stop us from breaking into factions and trying to kill each other, to convince everyone to put aside some of our differences and at least acknowledge we are all in this together before we tear ourselves apart." She looked her opposite in his eyes. Rin's face was soft, and childlike in many ways. She was not the cleverest, nor the most graceful, nor the best judge of what her actions would bring. But those eyes revealed a bottomless well of determination. At the moment, it wasn't turned against anyone. She was pleading not to have to use it. "So, what will it take to make that happen? What do you hope for?"

hannahbbug3
2019-02-08, 03:30 PM
"I do not appreciate Chuddai's 'holier-than-thou' outlook on things," Vermis suddenly cuts in, stepping down the mountain to join Araekor and Rin. "If he wishes to change things, fine. But never let it be said that he was more correct in his actions than we were in ours. And with that said - Araekor, have I permission to borrow Mount Mourgar for a moment?" she asks.

LordArgon
2019-02-08, 03:47 PM
I am willing to add a point to creating the Nameless Beast.

"While I cannot speak for the others, I am merely here to greet Araekor and gaze upon his creations. You seem to be making a big deal out of nothing. While that is what we do as gods, it is unhealthy to worry so much. Have you tried meditation? I find it quite effective as a tool of relaxation."

rs2excelsior
2019-02-08, 03:58 PM
Enmegar listens to the squabbling with some interest. "Perhaps it is best to let these disagreements run their course? Let the conflict show who is strongest. After all, is that not how we defeated the beasts and took control of the world." He draws the ocean waves into a swirling vortex, which formed into a vast water dragon. "You will be called Ereshki, and you will be the greatest of ocean creatures. I will send others after you--they will be under your protection."

Using 10 power to create an avatar. I'm imagining an eastern-style dragon here.

17 - 10 = 7 power remaining.

JbeJ275
2019-02-08, 04:14 PM
While others bickered and fought atop the ancient mountain Vornyar had let himself flow through the world. While one part span in the turning of the seasons and let the world form another part of his spirit followed into those he created. He journeyed the world in these forms, running under the feet of creatures of darkness as a jackal, seeing the great dragon as a little minnow and leaping through rainbows amongst the treetops as a squirrel.

It was during Vornyar’s time as a deer of the northern forests that he saw the other though. During the great migration over the crystal bridge he came to see another spirit in the form of a deer, one of shimmering lights and winter gusts. One of quiet comfort and joyful song. The spirit was barely developed, a piece of chaos from beyond the war trying find place in a solid world. Though Vornyar’s split form left him to divided to think as gods are truly capable of he was still powerful enough to guide this spirit to strength and safety.

It was generations later, when Vornyar knew that the time for this was up, and that he should return to his place amongst the gods. Yet he did not leave the spirit alone, he shared some of his strength with the spirit until she had strength enough to stay in world on her own. She would be Formarkis, protector of the north, lord of nature and of the music of the winds.

hannahbbug3
2019-02-08, 06:03 PM
With Araekor's permission, and Kel'adran's support, Vermis heads back up the volcano. She takes the skull of the serpent she'd pulled from her hair before, whose bones she had used to create the vermin and reptiles of the world. Holding the skull close to her chest, she stares down into the volcano. She allowed her own power to well up within her, making the ground shake. Coalescing from the smoke, the form of a four-legged beast appears. It has two heads, and his eyes are blood-red. Vermis reaches within the mountain and pulls out an ember, placing it in the beast's throat as a heated flame. It is a creature of chaos and destruction... but incomplete. To simply be one thing - that was boring. War was entertaining. Struggle was beautiful. And it should be present in all creatures, from the smallest ant, to the highest god, to everything in between. So she would create a twin mind in this creature.

Holding out the skull, Vermis allows flesh to regrow on it once again, but instead of crazed, blood red eyes, these had Kel'adran's peaceful, blue tranquility in them. The monster hissed and writhed and twisted as cognizance filled it. "Mistress," it sang in its sibilant way. "Mistress - name me!"

Vermis only smiled. "My avatar, no. You need no name. Names are constraining, defining. I will not name you - my beast, you shall be whatever you want to be."

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/e5/48/70/e548706940c21139fc0d4f535561a438.png

11-8 (+1 from Araekor, +1 from Kel'adran) to create the Nameless Beast.

3 left this turn. Araekor and Kel'adran, Vermis owes you a favor. :smalltongue:

3+4=7 for next turn.

Drakeburn
2019-02-08, 06:31 PM
Before Araekor could provide an answer, Vermis and other gods joined in on the discussion.
When she asked if she can use Mount Mourgar for a moment, Araekor nodded his head.
"Just this once sister. And also, I would like you to use this...."

Araekor held out his arm, with black claws slowly growing out from his fingertips. Then he quickly formed a fist, with his claws cutting into his hand. From his cut, a black inky substance oozed from his hand. The black liquid dripped into a black stone bowl that Moriloth had made with its own power.

The god of darkness gave the Shadowlord the mental order to give the bowl of the black liquid to Vermis. A bit of his own power that she can use to create her own creature.

As the Shadowlord handed over the bowl to Vermis, Araekor turns back to Rin.

"With Chuddai's recent actions, I cannot allow myself to lower my guard. And what Vermis wants to do with whatever she creates is of little concern to me. I don't know why you're talking to me about it when it is a conversation you should be having with her. I'm not looking forward to war, but I will not sit idly by while there are those who are opposing against me. I want to be ready to fight back if it comes to it, and I will be ready. If there is nothing else to discuss between you and me, I would like to be on my way."

With that said, Araekor makes his way South, to a point that is close to where his river meets the ocean. There he uses his remaining power to create more mountains for his domain, and to make so that the enchanted light in the sky over his territory would die.

Araekor gives Vermis 1 point.

Araekor uses 3 points to Shape Land (Mountains); (34 O), (33 N), (32 M), (33 L - 33 H), (34 H).

Araekor also uses Shape Climate to undo Rin's enchanted climate from 32 M to 40 M.

And I'll save my four remaining points for later.

Sizzlefoot
2019-02-08, 07:20 PM
Vornyar, may I speak with you for a moment? This...conflict troubles me, and you and I seem to be the only ones not taking part in it or- Illorious glances at Enmegar. -encouraging it."

NineOfSpades
2019-02-08, 08:59 PM
Rin nodded to the shadow-king, and moved aside "You're free to depart if that is what you want". Truthfully, she'd hoped for more. Though perhaps that was her curse, she always hoped for more. She also saw the beast that her sister had crafted, and feared what sort of creature it would be. She thougth there was little chance of progress on that end, but she figured enough to try. "A strange being you've made, sister." Rin commented, neither scornful nor praising.

Drakeburn
2019-02-09, 12:43 AM
After making another range of mountains and dispersing the irritating light away from his territory, Araekor say down to rest and ponder. He knows that it would only be a matter of time before Chuddai learns of his meeting with Rin, and the creature he aided Vermis in creating it. If Chuddai knew of what happened, that feathery reptile will surely react. Vermis's beast won't be enough for what Chuddai or his allies come up with to counter the chaotic creature. What Araekor really needed was something to scare Chuddai into backing off. Something so destructive and powerful enough that Chuddai would never want to risk provoking Araekor into unleashing it. But what?

As Araekor thought to himself, he got back up on his feet and started walking along the coastline.

JbeJ275
2019-02-09, 03:26 AM
Vornyar, may I speak with you for a moment? This...conflict troubles me, and you and I seem to be the only ones not taking part in it or- Illorious glances at Enmegar. -encouraging it."

I have little concern my friend, for this competition is as much apart of nature as the sun and sky. I will ensure the world carries on despite blows made in anger and the world shall continue. Shall you desire peace I hope you find it, but it not in my nature to hold back others.

igordragonian
2019-02-09, 01:14 PM
Chuddai was shocked.
No god has understood his geniouse?! He merely wished to make the world a place which could be easily researched, and keep the stability they all have worked so hard to keep!

He was in internal struggle. His pride... told him to gain power, and to prepare for war. But not only things didn't seemed to go in his favor, this would ruin the world, and to go to war over misunderstanding.
Chuddai has summoned Chichikabra, and gave him a letter to pass to the summit at the mountain.
His geniouse will be useless if his corrections and awarness will.lead for war

Chichikabra slithered to the summit, spitting the letter- a stone with glowing runes written on it.
"I Chuddai the wisest of all admit, I might have made a mistake. I do not wish for conflict-
I wish for stability and prosperity of knowledge. Please accept this gift as sign of friendship and respect. On the other side of the stone written the knowledge I have researched so far in riddles and songs of mystery."
On the other side of the stone were written thousands of hyroglyphs in laungauge which never were seen before.

hannahbbug3
2019-02-09, 01:24 PM
"Their strangeness is their most wonderful feature," Vermis said with a smile, letting her beast approach her and petting its furred mane. Even if Rin didn't mean it as a compliment, Vermis seemed to take it as one. And... it also seemed, that with her creation, most of her ire had dissipated. Perhaps a bit of a grudge was still there. But it wasn't in her nature to plot or connive. That was more Araekor's thing - Vermis didn't see the value in planning ahead. Plans could be predicted. And only rational people had plans. When she faced Rin, gone was the anger of only a few minutes ago when she had shouted down the mountain. There was something akin to warmth in her eyes. "And you've created something strange, too," she mentioned, gesturing to the arc of light across the sky. "But all this creating... I'm getting bored," Vermis hummed, sitting down and inviting Rin to sit beside her. "I think it's time something died, don't you? Tell me, tiny sister, what should I have die?"

As she sat, she watched Chuddai's avatar come flying towards the mountain and spat out a stone. She didn't care to read it. If Chuddai had something important to say, he should say it in person. Otherwise, it couldn't be that important.

Just so you all know, every time I write a post for Vermis, I flip a coin on whether or not she's going to be "good" or "bad." Figure that's the most truly random way to play a Goddess of Madness.

Sizzlefoot
2019-02-09, 01:26 PM
I have little concern my friend, for this competition is as much apart of nature as the sun and sky. I will ensure the world carries on despite blows made in anger and the world shall continue. Shall you desire peace I hope you find it, but it not in my nature to hold back others.

Aye, a fair point. I shall stay out of this conflict.

NineOfSpades
2019-02-09, 02:34 PM
[COLOR="#A52A2A"]"But all this creating... I'm getting bored," Vermis hummed, sitting down and inviting Rin to sit beside her. "I think it's time something died, don't you? Tell me, tiny sister, what should I have die?"

As she sat, she watched Chuddai's avatar come flying towards the mountain and spat out a stone. She didn't care to read it. If Chuddai had something important to say, he should say it in person. Otherwise, it couldn't be that important.

Rin didn't like this line of questioning. She wished she could draw her sister out of her own madness. Rin loved Vermis, and she trusted that the same was true in return, even if their relationship was complicated by circumstance and their divergent natures. And she didn't believe that Vermis was bluffing about her claim either. So she made the only choice that she could, in good concience. "Me".

Drakeburn
2019-02-09, 03:45 PM
Araekor was glad that he can be away from the other gods who are meeting at Mount Mourgar, alone to think.
As Araekor thought about what he can do to prepare to go against Chuddai's power and forces, something occurred to him. Even if Araekor could intimidate Chuddai to back down, or even destroy everything that Chuddai worked for, he would probably have to deal with Vermis. Vermis made it clear to him that her alliance will not be long term, and that she will betray him. Now not only does Araekor have Chuddai working against him, but also Vermis who might turn on him when he'd least expect it.

Araekor curses himself for what he has done, and wonders how he can contest against two gods. Then he witnessed something: out in the ocean, the god of darkness caught a glimpse of a water dragon. No doubt a creation of Enmegar's. As Araekor stood to admire the dragon, a sinister smile started to form on his face. Enmegar's dragon gave him an of what he needed next.

With his mind, Araekor reached his influence out to Moriloth, and gave him instructions on the Shadowlord's next task.

"One day, they'll all understand why I'm doing all of this. One day." Araekor said under his breath.

Araekor wasn't at Mount Mourgar to receive Chuddai's message and gift.

hannahbbug3
2019-02-09, 07:11 PM
"Oh, Rin, you know I couldn't," Vermis responded, tapping her finger against her chin. "You're a god. If we start running around, destroying one another, what will that lead to? The end of things? Endings are so... dull."

igordragonian
2019-02-09, 07:32 PM
Araekor was glad that he can be away from the other gods who are meeting at Mount Mourgar, alone to think.
As Araekor thought about what he can do to prepare to go against Chuddai's power and forces, something occurred to him. Even if Araekor could intimidate Chuddai to back down, or even destroy everything that Chuddai worked for, he would probably have to deal with Vermis. Vermis made it clear to him that her alliance will not be long term, and that she will betray him. Now not only does Araekor have Chuddai working against him, but also Vermis who might turn on him when he'd least expect it.

Araekor curses himself for what he has done, and wonders how he can contest against two gods. Then he witnessed something: out in the ocean, the god of darkness caught a glimpse of a water dragon. No doubt a creation of Enmegar's. As Araekor stood to admire the dragon, a sinister smile started to form on his face. Enmegar's dragon gave him an of what he needed next.

With his mind, Araekor reached his influence out to Moriloth, and gave him instructions on the Shadowlord's next task.

"One day, they'll all understand why I'm doing all of this. One day." Araekor said under his breath.

Araekor wasn't at Mount Mourgar to receive Chuddai's message and gift.

Chichikabra has returned with another dissapointing news.
'Fools. I am surrounded by fools. Why can't they be rational like I am?!' Chuddai sighed.
'Good job Chichikabra... watch out... it seems the other gods are prepared to wreck havoc.'

He himself were lookinh got Araekor.
'Arekor... we need to talk.' Chuddai HAD to give peace a chance. Those were fools, but the world required them as well.

NineOfSpades
2019-02-09, 07:57 PM
"Oh, Rin, you know I couldn't," Vermis responded, tapping her finger against her chin. "You're a god. If we start running around, destroying one another, what will that lead to? The end of things? Endings are so... dull."

"Then perhaps" Rin said, with undoubtedly the smallest hint of a smirk "You shouldn't be in such a hurry to end things"

LordArgon
2019-02-09, 08:11 PM
Kel'adran added a small portion of his power to the Nameless Beast. It would be surrounded with a miasma that obscured all description . Any attempts to describe the beast would slide off it, leaving it only a haze in one's memories.

Assist in creating Avatar
Create Mistweave Jungle from 7P to 15R

Total: 3 + 9 = 12
Aid in Avatar Creation.
Shape Land: Jungle from 7P to 15P, 7Q to 15Q, and 7R to 15R
New Total 12 - 1 - 3*3= 2 + 3

Drakeburn
2019-02-09, 08:49 PM
Chichikabra has returned with another dissapointing news.
'Fools. I am surrounded by fools. Why can't they be rational like I am?!' Chuddai sighed.
'Good job Chichikabra... watch out... it seems the other gods are prepared to wreck havoc.'

He himself were lookinh got Araekor.
'Arekor... we need to talk.' Chuddai HAD to give peace a chance. Those were fools, but the world required them as well.

"Not this again." Araekor groaned.
"I left my own realm so that I can get away from the other gods..."
The dark god took a deep breath and turned to Chuddai.
"I assume you're here to talk to me about peace, is that correct?"

hannahbbug3
2019-02-09, 10:02 PM
Kel'adran added a small portion of his power to the Nameless Beast. It would be surrounded with a miasma that obscured all description . Any attempts to describe the beast would slide off it, leaving it only a haze in one's memories.
everyone likes my avatar, man :smalltongue: I love all the details!

EDIT: I should probably respond, too. Editing now!

Vermis gave a huff, and reached over with one of her arms to shove Rin. The action was playful, if anything. "Madness, all of it," she said. "You know better than to try using reason with me."

igordragonian
2019-02-10, 12:48 AM
"Not this again." Araekor groaned.
"I left my own realm so that I can get away from the other gods..."
The dark god took a deep breath and turned to Chuddai.
"I assume you're here to talk to me about peace, is that correct?"

'Yes. Indeed. No one will benefit from war. I merely want us to maximize our efforts toward a great world of lore and magic. And I am sure, peace will benefit you as well.' Chuddai tried to reason, trying to hide being insulted-
he felt that the other gods should have worshipped him. But instead he has to try to please those fools. It was wrong.
But a god had to do what a god had to do.

Drakeburn
2019-02-10, 03:42 PM
'Yes. Indeed. No one will benefit from war. I merely want us to maximize our efforts toward a great world of lore and magic. And I am sure, peace will benefit you as well.' Chuddai tried to reason, trying to hide being insulted-
he felt that the other gods should have worshipped him. But instead he has to try to please those fools. It was wrong.
But a god had to do what a god had to do.

"That may be so, Chuddai." Araekor said as he narrowed his eyes.
"But I'm afraid war will still come, whether we make a truce or not. I'm sure that Vermis's patience grows thin, that she could unleash chaos upon the face of this world. Even if I didn't assist her, she will still see to it that chaos is unleashed. She has even made it clear that there will come a time when she will betray me. So for that reason, I will not stop building up my defenses."
Araekor turns and leaves, making his way back to his domain.

"If you really want peace, then leave me to my own devices." Araekor said out loud to Chuddai without stopping or turning his head.

igordragonian
2019-02-10, 05:29 PM
"That may be so, Chuddai." Araekor said as he narrowed his eyes.
"But I'm afraid war will still come, whether we make a truce or not. I'm sure that Vermis's patience grows thin, that she could unleash chaos upon the face of this world. Even if I didn't assist her, she will still see to it that chaos is unleashed. She has even made it clear that there will come a time when she will betray me. So for that reason, I will not stop building up my defenses."
Araekor turns and leaves, making his way back to his domain.

"If you really want peace, then leave me to my own devices." Araekor said out loud to Chuddai without stopping or turning his head.

'I didn't said you shouldn't build defences.' Chuddai said.
'Actually, the only way to keep Vermis in balance is to make sure our defences are too great for her to deal with. Together, we can achieve power, which will put her in balance.'

Drakeburn
2019-02-10, 05:51 PM
Araekor heard what Chuddai said to him, but he kept walking away without giving a response. The dark lord knew that if that if he were to join forces with Chuddai, the Great Scholar would probably use their alliance to keep an eye on him and to restrain Araekor from doing anything Chuddai sees unfit.

As he starts to see Mount Mourgar, he stops and looks to see if Vermis and Rin are still there.

hannahbbug3
2019-02-10, 07:44 PM
Turn Five Begins

[roll0]
So now, we need to take a vote. We can stay in era one after this turn, or move on to era two, if more than half the players are in favor of it.
Personally, I still think we have a lot of work to do shaping the world, and would like to stay in the first era.

Sizzlefoot
2019-02-10, 07:49 PM
roll 2d6-9. total 27. hmmm.

Yeah, we still have a lot to do. I say we stay in the first age for now.

NineOfSpades
2019-02-10, 07:53 PM
Vermis gave a huff, and reached over with one of her arms to shove Rin. The action was playful, if anything. "Madness, all of it," she said. "You know better than to try using reason with me."

Rin just gave a warm smile "Well, I suppose I don't know better than to keep trying. And I never will." It wasn't said with the firmness of a statement, and yet, the words felt adamant none the less. "I will just keep trying and trying forever."

Voting No, keep going in first age.

Roll for new turn.

[roll0]

hannahbbug3
2019-02-10, 07:54 PM
Tired of Rin's persistence, Vermis gets to her feet again, dusting the ash from her red and black clothing before she turns her gaze westward. "Perhaps, though, sister... you are right. Maybe it's too early for death in this world. Destruction, though... I think we could use some of that." She knew Rin wouldn't agree, so Vermis leaned down to press a delicate kiss to the smaller goddess' forehead. "I am returning to my own domain. I must give this first act of chaos some thought." With that, Vermis and her Beast stepped off the volcano, returning once more to the Forked Tongue.

10 points... enough for an event... :smallamused:

Drakeburn
2019-02-10, 08:00 PM
[roll0]

+4 points (saved from previous turn) = 9

I say we stay in the first age.

igordragonian
2019-02-10, 08:08 PM
[roll0]+9 from previouse turn

No. We still have lot of stuff to do

Chuddai has groaned with frusation.
So be it. He left with a swirl of scales and feathers, creating more and more reptilian animals.

LordArgon
2019-02-10, 09:16 PM
I vote to continue the first age. Even with gradual plant spreading, so much land is still empty dirt.
[roll0]

Drakeburn
2019-02-11, 07:56 PM
Araekor was glad to be alone again, though he doesn't know how long that will last. He resumed to shaping his territory by conjuring dark clouds over parts of his land.

"Moriloth!" Araekor called out.
"Moriloth!"

"Master?" The Shadowlord responded as it floated towards Araekor.
"What do you call me for?"

"I need you to build me a settlement between the river and the mountains. Troubling times are coming, and I must make haste to be ready for when that time comes. Make the settlement out of mud and stone, and after you are finished return to your task to bring me what I've asked for." Araekor ordered.

"As you wish, master." Moriloth nodded before going off to do Araekor's bidding.

2 points for Shape Climate to make dark clouds from 32 B - 32 D, 31 B - 31 D, 34 K - 34 M.

2 points for Command Avatar to make Moriloth build a city at 37 H.

And I will save the 5 remaining points for later.

LordArgon
2019-02-13, 07:48 PM
Total: 5 + 3 = 8
Actions: Shape climate X3: The Mistweave jungle becomes hot and humid. It receives frequent rainstorms, making it a rainforest.

Sizzlefoot
2019-02-13, 08:50 PM
Total: 5 + 3 = 8
Actions: Shape climate X3: The Mistweave jungle becomes hot and humid. It receives frequent rainstorms, making it a rinforest.

RINforest? So it rains Rin? Or rainbow crystals? Or magic niceness swords?

hannahbbug3
2019-02-19, 06:54 PM
Humming to herself, Vermis sits among her swamp, placed atop her brambled throne. She had... a thought. But before she acted... she needed to consult someone first. "Chuddai!" she called throughout the world. "Come to me. I will have words with you, if you please."

igordragonian
2019-02-20, 07:23 PM
Humming to herself, Vermis sits among her swamp, placed atop her brambled throne. She had... a thought. But before she acted... she needed to consult someone first. "Chuddai!" she called throughout the world. "Come to me. I will have words with you, if you please."

Chuddai has arrived in whirlwind of feathers.
'Yes, Vermis?" he said a bit doubtful of her intentions.
'I promise you, I only wished to perfect our world, not to cause this disgusting chaos!'

hannahbbug3
2019-02-20, 07:55 PM
Chuddai has arrived in whirlwind of feathers.
'Yes, Vermis?" he said a bit doubtful of her intentions.
'I promise you, I only wished to perfect our world, not to cause this disgusting chaos!'

"No need for all this fuss, Chuddai, I'm just wanting a conversation. No reason for any unpleasantness," Vermis says. "I just want to know. What is your vision for this world, my feathered lord?"

igordragonian
2019-02-20, 08:05 PM
"No need for all this fuss, Chuddai, I'm just wanting a conversation. No reason for any unpleasantness," Vermis says. "I just want to know. What is your vision for this world, my feathered lord?"

Oh.' Chuddai in his hubris, hurried to believe, that finally other god will care and want to know of his vision!
'A world of harmony, but yet challenges the mind. A world where you can mine for more and more knowledge!' he gotten more and more passionate as he spoken
'And magic- through knowledge and understanding the world, it is possible to bend the rules of this reality to your favor! This is why I have created the crystals! My world is an eternal subhect of research!'

hannahbbug3
2019-02-20, 08:45 PM
Oh.' Chuddai in his hubris, hurried to believe, that finally other god will care and want to know of his vision!
'A world of harmony, but yet challenges the mind. A world where you can mine for more and more knowledge!' he gotten more and more passionate as he spoken
'And magic- through knowledge and understanding the world, it is possible to bend the rules of this reality to your favor! This is why I have created the crystals! My world is an eternal subhect of research!'

Vermis takes this in, and gives a small nod. The concept itself wasn't horrible. Neither was the execution, really. Just... one small caveat. "I see. And may I ask then - what role do we other gods have in - as you call it - 'your' world?" she hums. Two of her hands are folded under her chin, another pair rested on the arms of her throne, and the final set on her knees. One of these hands' fingers drums against her bare skin.

igordragonian
2019-02-21, 12:37 AM
Cuddai blinked. His hubris has blinded him to this question until now.
"I... think this is a question I haven't researched enough." he admitted.

hannahbbug3
2019-02-21, 10:36 AM
Cuddai blinked. His hubris has blinded him to this question until now.
"I... think this is a question I haven't researched enough." he admitted.

Vermis hummed, a small smile on her lips. It was a rare thing for Chuddai to have something he didn't know. "Then, feathered one, I must remind you - each of us are just as powerful as you are. Not a single one of us can overthrow another. I should think you would know that, in your infinite wisdom," she said, hissing slightly. The anger was back there in her eyes. "Equals we are and must be."

igordragonian
2019-02-21, 03:02 PM
"Infinite wisdom, means infinite studying.
And you did taught me well today." Chuddai said.
"Even if I am smarter... I should have paid more respect."

hannahbbug3
2019-02-21, 03:06 PM
"Infinite wisdom, means infinite studying.
And you did taught me well today." Chuddai said.
"Even if I am smarter... I should have paid more respect."

Vermis gives a small smile. She was surprised at how well this conversation had gone, honestly. "Very good. You may go," she said, making a shooing motion with two hands.

Sizzlefoot
2019-02-21, 07:38 PM
Well now. So many others have their avatars, why should I not have mine?

Illorious sees a great formation of stone in a nearby mountain. He rushes over.

Perfect.

With his jeweled tools, Illorious begins chiseling at the rock, hammering away until a humanoid shape comes forth. Illorious gathers dark water from the Eye of the Abyss and polishes his creation with it. Then he reaches within himself and chisels off a shard of his soul. He hammers the shard into the work's chest, forming its molten heart. Soon, the fires of life flow through it, and the giant of stone opens its glowing eyes. Twenty feet tall it is, expertly hewn from mountain rock. It steps forward, its feet creating tremors in the ground. Illorious hands him a gigantic hammer the size of a boulder and studded with colorful stones and strange tracings of an odd, silvery-violet-tinged metal.

Kor, Titan of Stone and Thunder! Come forth!

spend 10 points creating Kor. total points now 17.

A though just struck my mind- what if there was a sort of cycle where the gods keep creating powerful avatars and then eventually retreating back into the primal void of creation, leaving the avatars to take on the godly mantle? This cycle could be repeated at the end of every age, maybe? Just a thought, we certainly don't have to do it, but if anyone's interested...

Drakeburn
2019-02-22, 01:04 PM
From the top of Mount Mourgar, Araekor watches Moriloth work on what will be the homes of some of the many inhabitants of his domain. But what shall he call the land that he rules over? Araekor thought for a moment before coming up with the name...

"Durgathar." He whispered to himself.
"My territory on this world shall be known as Durgathar."

Then the god of darkness noticed that Illorious has created his own avatar on this world. An avatar, from what he can see, that looks suited for war. Araekor's delight and excitement quickly turned into suspicion and worry. Chuddai's Chicikabra, Rin's Beacon, and now Illorious's Kor. Avatars that can be used against Araekor, to overpower him and to make him powerless to stop the gods from undoing his work.

But for now, Araekor will wait for Moriloth to finish his work. He can feel that the time to make his next move will be soon. A move that will tip the scales of power on this world in his favor.

I'm sorry, but I'm not a big fan of the idea. The problem I have with it is that these avatars are big investments of points, and I don't like the idea of having to make a replacement for when we enter a new age. What would happen if we didn't make another avatar when the god's time is up? And "hypothetically" speaking, what would happen if we had more than one avatar after we enter a new age? Do they both become gods? Would that mean we would make separate rolls of power for each god under a player's control?

If a god should retire and have an avatar take over the mantle, I feel that is something the player should do voluntarily without any time constraints.

Sizzlefoot
2019-02-22, 08:22 PM
SPOILER=Response to Sizzlefoot's idea]I'm sorry, but I'm not a big fan of the idea. The problem I have with it is that these avatars are big investments of points, and I don't like the idea of having to make a replacement for when we enter a new age. What would happen if we didn't make another avatar when the god's time is up? And "hypothetically" speaking, what would happen if we had more than one avatar after we enter a new age? Do they both become gods? Would that mean we would make separate rolls of power for each god under a player's control?

If a god should retire and have an avatar take over the mantle, I feel that is something the player should do voluntarily without any time constraints.[/SPOILER]

Good points. Maybe I'll try something similar but more fleshed out in a home game sometime.

igordragonian
2019-02-23, 03:41 PM
Chiddai dissapear with a storm of feathers.
Time for more creation then.

Create an island on BB14, a paradise jungle, and create jungles on BB16, BB17, AA16, AA17- those the prosperity jungles. Jungles whith strange plants and animals will be sort of endless curiosity.
and the island called the 'Wonder Island' and he create there strange beings like gorgons and... kengaroos.
Chuddai also create the 'Pillars Of Wisdom'- four tall mountains, shaped like pillars, with hieroglyphs, each teaching one type of magic, if mortals will deciper it:
The Pillar Of Elemental Magic at T3, Pillar of Mental Magic at O26, The Pillar Of Freezing Magic on isberg at A19 and the Pillar of dark magic on volcano island at C39

hannahbbug3
2019-02-23, 04:52 PM
Sorry for the delay in updating the map. Inkarnate not working for me rn. Will update the events this turn, though.

EDIT: NO YOU CAN'T CREATE LAMIA THOSE WERE SUPPSOED TO ME MINE

igordragonian
2019-02-23, 05:53 PM
Sorry for the delay in updating the map. Inkarnate not working for me rn. Will update the events this turn, though.

EDIT: NO YOU CAN'T CREATE LAMIA THOSE WERE SUPPSOED TO ME MINE

out: Sorry, just wanted some magical beats, lamia was a random idea. I'll edit.

hannahbbug3
2019-02-23, 08:08 PM
out: Sorry, just wanted some magical beats, lamia was a random idea. I'll edit.

It's okay! You had no idea what I was planning and stuff.

igordragonian
2019-02-23, 08:27 PM
It's okay! You had no idea what I was planning and stuff.

I edited to yuanits..
wait
dammit. those a sentient race.
ugh.

Drakeburn
2019-02-24, 12:24 AM
I edited to yuanits..
wait
dammit. those a sentient race.
ugh.

Why not come up with giant basilisk lizards that can run on water (like in Avatar: The Last Airbender)? They could make good mounts for a sentient race in the near future.

igordragonian
2019-02-24, 01:15 AM
Ooc: thank you for the advice.
Chuddai already has created the dinosaurs.. so..
I edited to gorgons. Scaled cow who turn stuff to rock are wierd enough

Drakeburn
2019-02-28, 02:03 AM
Araekor could see that his dark servant was almost finished with the town. Though the god of darkness feels that some wood would've been really helpful in the construction of the city. He makes mental note of it later.

Then Araekor's train of thought was interrupted when he noticed a pillar appear so close to Durgathar. Araekor goes over to the pillar, and sees the hieroglyphs when he gets close. From what he can read, the hieroglyphs on the pillar told of some knowledge of dark magic. Upon seeing this, Araekor frowned. Did Chuddai think he knew more than Araekor about how Durgathar should be shaped, and how dark magic should be? Dark magic was something of Araekor's design, not Chuddai's!

Araekor storms off to where Moriloth was building the settlement, and once he got there he resumed to observing Moriloth finish construction.

Sizzlefoot
2019-02-28, 03:50 PM
Illorious catches a glimpse of a dark spire in the sky.

Hmm?

He takes to the air in finch-form and perches on the spire. Looking down, Illorious sees a figure made of shadows, and a different figure beside him.

Araekor. Hello. I see you are building a marvelous city! The thing is...well...let's put it this way. If a three-headed fifty-ton dragon launched itself at these buildings, would they stay up? I'm not so sure. I could help you. I'd gladly help to reinforce your buildings. And I could add a bit of stylization well I'm at it. What do you say?

Drakeburn
2019-02-28, 04:59 PM
" I am well aware of that it wouldn't stay up if a dragon of your description launched itself at it." Araekor said with a sigh as he turned to where Illorious was perched.
"But I don't think your help will be needed. I believe providing a supply of wood will suffice. I'm sure that what will be the inhabitants of this place will do the rest from there, as I have planned."

So, who hasn't acted on this round yet?

hannahbbug3
2019-02-28, 06:12 PM
Rin, Vornyar, and Enmegar have yet to act.