PDA

View Full Version : Party of rogue like/ stealth characters

Shuruke
2019-02-04, 07:02 AM
So Theirs a thread about tanks but what about stealthy fighter, trickster cleric, ranger or shadow monk

A team that utilizes pass without trace XD what would be your dream stealth team

nickl_2000
2019-02-04, 07:27 AM
My table has done it.

Bard/Sorc
Shadow Monk
Dex Paladin
Rogue

We got into a lot of shenanigans and had a lot of fun with it.

Randomthom
2019-02-04, 07:31 AM
So Theirs a thread about tanks but what about stealthy fighter, trickster cleric, ranger or shadow monk

A team that utilizes pass without trace XD what would be your dream stealth team

Moon Druid could be good at this, shift into a house cat and nobody will pay you much mind...

Shuruke
2019-02-04, 07:36 AM
Haha ill have to get a party in on this.

Warlock could be good have them invisible on a empty cart
Put druid in pocket
Three people sneak into town with a empty cart haha

Spiritchaser
2019-02-04, 07:48 AM
I have a group like this now,

Dex sorcadin
Bladesinger
Moon Druid (Pass Without Trace!)
Hexblade
Swashbuckler

They all have proficiency or expertise in stealth...

It’s not the most interesting to talk about it this way but: the most powerful and consistent effect is probably a change to pacing and management. They don’t always pull off their sneaky plans, but most often they do, and the pure resource conservation that all the encounter control gives them over the many encounters of a day, or even the option to not engage at all, (not to mention more than a few surprise rounds) basically means that they have a lot more spell slots to Nova with when they really need them.

They can sometimes also pull off ridiculous shinanigans that would have been difficult to imagine without stealth. These definitely make the best stories, but I think that day in and day out, they actually matter less.

CTurbo
2019-02-04, 08:29 AM
Eladrin Gloom Stalker 5/Assassin 15 with 20 Dex, Alert and Sharpshooter. Expertise in Stealth and Perception.
Wood Elf Gloom Stalker 3/Shadow Monk 17 with 20 Dex and Observant
Half-Elf Gloom Stalker 3/Shadow Sorcerer 17 with 20 Cha and Magic Initiate(Wizard) for Find Familiar(owl)
Half-Elf Gloom Stalker 3/Lore Bard 17 with 20 Cha and Inspiring Leader. Expertise in Persuasion and Deception.
Wood Elf Gloom Stalker 5/Moon Druid 15 with 20 Wis, Res(Con), and Warcaster

All 5 take Archery and carry Longbows

Need a 6th party member?
Half-Elf Gloom Stalker 3/Totem Barbarian 17(Eagle, Eagle, and Eagle) with 20 Str, Keen Mind, and Res(Wis)

Sigreid
2019-02-04, 08:37 AM
It's the norm at my table for everyone to be competent at stealth.

Crgaston
2019-02-04, 10:48 AM
Eladrin Gloom Stalker 5/Assassin 15 with 20 Dex, Alert and Sharpshooter. Expertise in Stealth and Perception.
Wood Elf Gloom Stalker 3/Shadow Monk 17 with 20 Dex and Observant
Half-Elf Gloom Stalker 3/Shadow Sorcerer 17 with 20 Cha and Magic Initiate(Wizard) for Find Familiar(owl)
Half-Elf Gloom Stalker 3/Lore Bard 17 with 20 Cha and Inspiring Leader. Expertise in Persuasion and Deception.
Wood Elf Gloom Stalker 5/Moon Druid 15 with 20 Wis, Res(Con), and Warcaster

All 5 take Archery and carry Longbows

Need a 6th party member?
Half-Elf Gloom Stalker 3/Totem Barbarian 17(Eagle, Eagle, and Eagle) with 20 Str, Keen Mind, and Res(Wis)

Back in 1e, it was forbidden for more than 3 Rangers to ever work together at one time. This is a good example of why :)

Trustypeaches
2019-02-04, 02:43 PM
A group of Gloom Stalker 5 / Rogue 15. Extra attack, invisibility against darkvision, expertise stealth, pass without trace, sneak attack, etc.

On the first turn of combat everybody can make 3 attacks with advantage against a target. Just snipe them into oblivion.

Shuruke
2019-02-04, 02:59 PM
XD I feel like this would be fun for like an assassin guild campaign