PDA

View Full Version : What New Character Should I Play

BigPixie
2019-02-04, 04:50 PM
I want my race to be Tabaxi but anything else is open so give me everything. :smallamused:

Aett_Thorn
2019-02-04, 04:55 PM
Well, I mean what do you want to be able to do? Also, how are you generating stats? If you’re rolling and roll high, that will open up some different possibilities.

But for right now, with no information? Storm Sorcerer fluffed as your fur generates a LOT of static electricity that you can discharge.

Man_Over_Game
2019-02-04, 04:56 PM
I want my race to be Tabaxi but anything else is open so give me everything. :smallamused:

What do you like to play?

Tabaxi works well with any class that can use their absurd mobility. Things like:

Drunken Master Monk, Swashbuckler Rogue, Storm Sorcerer, Swords Bard, Ancestral Guardian Barbarian.

Brotherbock
2019-02-04, 05:36 PM

What have you played recently? If by 'new' you mean something you haven't played before or recently, tell us what you have been playing.

What about a Tabaxi raised in captivity by the Drow and recently escaped? Managed to steal a Drow spell book along the way. Or was experimented on by the Drow and is now a sorcerer trying to grapple with wild magic surges? Or the same Tabaxi, enslaved by the Drow as a child, but given to a Drow who treated you more like a child, teaching you some secret and mystical ways equivalent to a Way of Shadow monk? But now you're escaped and hate the Drow and vowed never to be caged or go underground again, etc etc.

CTurbo
2019-02-05, 01:20 AM
I have played a straight Tabaxi Swashbuckler from 1-5 and it was a really fun character and very effective.

I have seen a Tabaxi Lore Bard in action and it was a good character too.

I want to play a Tabaxi Draconic Sorcerer 1/Swashbuckler X that utilizes unarmored AC and Booming Blade.

I also want to play a Tabaxi Monk probably Long Death, but maybe Open Hand.

yellowrocket
2019-02-05, 02:43 AM
Go take the character quiz that was generated recently. It was very accurate to what most of us played, so maybe push your preferences to one extreme or the of here by a point for a different concept.

BigPixie
2019-02-05, 09:38 AM
To narrow it down I have played Bards, Warlocks, and Rogues all extensively and I definitely do not want to be a ranger or monk. Can't wait to see what else you guys think up next.

nickl_2000
2019-02-05, 09:44 AM
Mentioned by someone else on the board (sorry can't remember who it was off the top of my head, will edit if I do think of it or you claim it).

Play a Tabaxi Rogue Arcane Trickster or Wizard who uses Gust and Mage Hand to knock everything off tables without others noticing.

Hruken
2019-02-05, 11:32 AM
Barbarian - full on feral: use your claws as your main weapon, raised by whatever large cat your tabaxi is patterned after.

Wizard - transformed familiar: you were a pet or familiar of a powerful wizard who accidentally transformed you into a tabaxi. Maybe the wizard died in the process, and you took up their spellbook.

Ranger - dog person: beastmaster with a dog or wolf companion. You just love dogs so much, and are not a fan of cats, why does everyone laugh when you tell them that?

yellowrocket
2019-02-05, 11:36 AM
Mentioned by someone else on the board (sorry can't remember who it was off the top of my head, will edit if I do think of it or you claim it).

Play a Tabaxi Rogue Arcane Trickster or Wizard who uses Gust and Mage Hand to knock everything off tables without others noticing.

Even better subtle spell sorcerer. Although any short rest ability class gives you an excuse to cat nap.

BigPixie
2019-02-05, 12:10 PM
Play a Tabaxi Rogue Arcane Trickster
Really like this idea.:smallbiggrin: