PDA

View Full Version : Red Hand of doom Sphere's addtion Act 1- DRELLIN’S FERRY

catman04221985
2019-02-04, 06:32 PM
The afternoon sun beats down on you; the air is hot and still. The sparsely settled lands of Elsir Vale are starting to grow
monotonous, with a seemingly endless line of dusty flyspecks of towns. The town of Drellin’s Ferry lies a few miles ahead of you.
It’s a settlement hard on the borders of the Northern Fangwood, and the best place from which to begin exploring the nearby forest.

stack
2019-02-05, 07:33 AM
Eric wipes the sweat from his forehead with the back of his hand. "A bit farther, then a soft bed, yeah? Be nice to get out of the heat."

Mathias1313
2019-02-05, 10:41 AM
Tyberius looks ahead, along the path with a bit of hope.
Bathes as well I hope. We have been traveling for awhile now and a would think we are all in need of a good bath.

Athaleon
2019-02-05, 05:10 PM
"Aye, a bath would be welcome. But this is no big march, lads, even in this sun." In truth Jurisian was sweating heavily under his heavy armor, but he tried to keep everyone's spirits up as they trudged.

Spiritus
2019-02-06, 06:45 AM
"I think baths are likely; and if not you can always go for a swim! It is a ferry, after all" Katarina says. "But if the feat was bothering you that much, let whip something up for us."

With practiced speed she draws a vial from one of her aprons many pockets, and tugs the glass stopper out with her teeth. Immediately, the oppressive heat is reduced to something far more comfortable, and there is a strong smell of mint as whatever is in the vial begins to glow.

[Spoiler=OOC]Activating Ammonia Nitrate Material imposition to reduce the temperature.[]

In4Dimensions
2019-02-07, 09:14 PM
“Thanks for that, Katarina. Feels a lot nicer.” Andrin wipes the sweat off his brow.

Spiritus
2019-02-08, 05:23 AM
“Thanks for that, Katarina. Feels a lot nicer.” Andrin wipes the sweat off his brow.

"It was no trouble at all!"Katrina grins happily. "It's a new formula I've been working on. I wanted to be able to freeze my enemies, but heat absorption turned out to have a number of more convenient uses."

She gestures with the vial. "But enough about me. What have you been working on lately?"

stack
2019-02-08, 07:56 AM
Eric thinks for a moment, "You should go in to business. I would wager there would be coin to be made in cooling the rich on hot days."

In4Dimensions
2019-02-08, 11:14 AM
"It was no trouble at all!"Katrina grins happily. "It's a new formula I've been working on. I wanted to be able to freeze my enemies, but heat absorption turned out to have a number of more convenient uses."

She gestures with the vial. "But enough about me. What have you been working on lately?"
Andrin smiles. “Well, now that you mention it. . . ” he says as he draws out what looks like a small timepiece. “I’ve actually been working on some magic as of late. Time magic, as you will. I’ve also got this nifty medallion—” he pulls out a small, shiny medallion “that helps me resist magic. I’m also pretty good at patching people up, if they need it.”

Spiritus
2019-02-08, 01:29 PM
Katarina

Eric thinks for a moment, "You should go in to business. I would wager there would be coin to be made in cooling the rich on hot days."
Katarina shakes her head sheepishly. "You would think so! Alas, the compound is too volatile as of yet, and still needs adjusting for existing conditions each time I use it." She sighs. "And although it might be lucrative, I have no intention of being some Count's fancy sunshade."

Andrin smiles. “Well, now that you mention it. . . ” he says as he draws out what looks like a small timepiece. “I’ve actually been working on some magic as of late. Time magic, as you will. I’ve also got this nifty medallion—” he pulls out a small, shiny medallion “that helps me resist magic. I’m also pretty good at patching people up, if they need it.”
Katarina walks over to examine the amulet more closely. "How fascinating! I've never pursued any magic myself, but I know some of the theory."

Mathias1313
2019-02-08, 02:37 PM
Tyberius shakes his head mirthfully at Katarina and Andrin, I am always fascinated by the little things you 2 come up with.

Athaleon
2019-02-09, 02:37 AM
"Cooling the rich on hot days?" Jurisian scoffed. "If it could be made to last, this substance could be used to keep armies cool on the march, keep laborers from passing out in the sun. Keep food cold to delay it from spoiling. Imagine the possibilities."

Spiritus
2019-02-09, 03:21 AM
"Cooling the rich on hot days?" Jurisian scoffed. "If it could be made to last, this substance could be used to keep armies cool on the march, keep laborers from passing out in the sun. Keep food cold to delay it from spoiling. Imagine the possibilities."

Katarina nods at him grinning excitedly. "Indeed!" Her face falls. "Unfortunately, at present the variance is far, far too great. It's just so volatile! Improperly prepared, this same vial"—she gestures with it—"could freeze a Dragon solid. Still," she says, her expression firming "I have no intention of giving up."

Mathias1313
2019-02-09, 12:26 PM
Well my friends, lets keep going to Drellin's Ferry, all this talk of cooling makes me yearn for that bath even more.
Tyberius gently smiles at the thought of a nice bath.

catman04221985
2019-02-10, 07:00 PM
Ok set your selfs up on the upper brown path and make a perception check.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18gB3o_Vs-tKAoYxtx2lXzcpyv4n_MteVnvm6fBr-brE/edit?usp=sharing

catman04221985
2019-02-13, 09:53 PM
The road crests a small rise and descends into a dusty grove in a large, shallow dell. An abandoned farmhouse, partially visible through the trees, stands on one side of the road. You’ve passed a dozen spots much like this one already today, but this one feels wrong. Then you glimpse the glint of mail through the brush by the side of the road. Fierce warriors—tall, hairy humanoids with wide mouths and flat faces—are lying in wait! At the very edge you spot a hound.

[/url]: Andrin Schelmo 1d20+2 20
init (http://orokos.com/roll/704437): Katerina Sforza [u]1d20+5 13
init (http://orokos.com/roll/704439): Marek Jurisian 1d20+1 8
init (http://orokos.com/roll/704442): Sean Quickbeam 1d20+10 27
init (http://orokos.com/roll/704443): Tyberius Fulgor 1d20+2 22

mook init (http://orokos.com/roll/704444): 1d20+1 14
Hound init (http://orokos.com/roll/704445): 1d20+5 16
Uth-lar init (http://orokos.com/roll/704447): 1d20+3 14
Zarr init (http://orokos.com/roll/704448): 1d20+2 3

So the order is

Sean
Tyberius
Andrin
Hound
Uth-lar
mook
Katerina
Marek
Zarr

Athaleon
2019-02-14, 12:48 AM
Jurisian spotted the ambush and instinctively sprung into action, growing to the size of a giant in an instant. He swept his now truly enormous greatsword from its scabbard, swinging at the archer now only just above him. Impressive as the sight may have been, he was inwardly cursing himself for not maintaining the glowing manifestation of his divine power during their march.

5' step to the left.
Swift Action, spend a spell point to use Mystic Might.
Move Action, draw weapon.
Standard Action: Attack R5:

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Jurisian has 6 attacks of opportunity in this round that he can make against the archers in his reach if they try shooting while threatened, or he can use them on his Active Defense ability with his buckler.

Spiritus
2019-02-14, 02:22 AM
Katarina quick-steps behind Jurisian, tossing out a bag of Flash Powder as she does so, aimed to blind the closer two hobgoblins. She then takes her ornate staff in both hands and concentrates. A small thundercloud appears above her head, and a bolt shoots out at a goblin.

Five foot step, expend martial focus to use Improved Flash Powder as a swift action, hitting R4+R5 with a dc19 reflex save against blindness for two rounds. Then she uses a full round d action to activate lightning rod and direct a 6d6 bolt of lightning (DC 19 ref half) at R5 if he is still alive, R6 otherwise. She then activates her gaze attack as a free action; anyone who meets her eyes needs to make a DC 19 will save or be scouted, which reveals weaknesses like DR or damage reduction they may have.

Attack roll to hit the correct square with flash powder: [roll0]
Damage roll for lightning: [roll1]

stack
2019-02-14, 08:18 AM
"An ambush. Lovely. I suppose we were due for something like this, one cannot go anywhere in peace these days ." Eric sighs, fitting an arrow to his bow and drawing it back, taking aim at the hound. ephemeral crystals surround the shaft just before he looses.standard: energy blade w/ crystal blast on H1
attack [roll0]
damage [roll1] piercing (bow) and [roll2] piercing from crystal blast

reflex save DC 16 or entangled and unable to move per crystal blast
Your destructive blast becomes an explosion of crystal, growing where it strikes. A crystal blast uses d4’s instead of d6’s as its damage die and deals piercing damage. The target of your crystal blast must pass a Reflex save or be entangled and unable to move. In addition, the target’s square (or the blast’s affected area) becomes overgrown with crystal and counts as difficult terrain. Breaking free of the entangled condition is a move action, requiring either a Strength check or an Escape Artist check against the crystal blast’s save DC. A target may also destroy the crystal on a square or creature by dealing 3 damage per caster level to the crystal. This removes the entangled condition from the creature and destroys the difficult terrain. Crystal disappears after 1 minute.

On hit, sequence starts, 1 link.
Free action to abandon focus for +1 link, 2 total.
Move action for focusing reload/deliberate load to regain focus and gain +1 link, 3 links total.
Swift action for counting coup, attacking R1, deals 0 damage, adds 1 link if successful [roll3] vs touch.

In4Dimensions
2019-02-14, 06:20 PM
Andrin doesn’t even say a word as he slips his bow off of his back, takes aim at an enemy hellhound, and fires, his arrow gleaming with arcane power.

Swift Action: Use the Scout ability on H1. It is Scouted if a roll of [roll0] is higher than 15+its CR.
Attack Action: use Spell Attack with Time Strike. Attack roll (subtract 4 if Scout fails): [roll1]
Damage roll: [roll2]
If it hits, the hellhound must make a DC 19 Will save or lose its standard action, which I then gain.
If I get the standard action, take another attack action, using the Deadly Shot ability of the Sniper Sphere, spending martial focus to deal an additional 2d10 damage on the attack.
Attack: [roll3]
Damage: [roll4]+[roll5]
Move action: move 10 feet to regain martial focus, or just move if I don’t spend it.

Mathias1313
2019-02-14, 10:56 PM
All I want is a damn bath...

Tyberius takes a step forward as lightning starts to dance around his hands. The lightning escalates until it takes shape as a spear like weapon in each if his hands.

Tyberius takes a 5t step towards the U.
Swift action to summon Vajras.
Move action to summons his Chain shirt.
Stand action to throw his Vajra at U. [roll0] to hit.
If it hits, damage is [roll1] and they are impaled.

catman04221985
2019-02-17, 10:44 PM
"An ambush. Lovely. I suppose we were due for something like this, one cannot go anywhere in peace these days ." Eric sighs, fitting an arrow to his bow and drawing it back, taking aim at the hound. ephemeral crystals surround the shaft just before he looses.standard: energy blade w/ crystal blast on H1
attack [roll0]
damage [roll1] piercing (bow) and [roll2] piercing from crystal blast

reflex save DC 16 or entangled and unable to move per crystal blast
Your destructive blast becomes an explosion of crystal, growing where it strikes. A crystal blast uses d4’s instead of d6’s as its damage die and deals piercing damage. The target of your crystal blast must pass a Reflex save or be entangled and unable to move. In addition, the target’s square (or the blast’s affected area) becomes overgrown with crystal and counts as difficult terrain. Breaking free of the entangled condition is a move action, requiring either a Strength check or an Escape Artist check against the crystal blast’s save DC. A target may also destroy the crystal on a square or creature by dealing 3 damage per caster level to the crystal. This removes the entangled condition from the creature and destroys the difficult terrain. Crystal disappears after 1 minute.

On hit, sequence starts, 1 link.
Free action to abandon focus for +1 link, 2 total.
Move action for focusing reload/deliberate load to regain focus and gain +1 link, 3 links total.
Swift action for counting coup, attacking R1, deals 0 damage, adds 1 link if successful [roll3] vs touch.

The coup arrow finds its mark. As the hound looks at you with fiery red eyes the other one hits it in the shoulder. It jumps behind the tree to avoid the shards.

ref save (http://orokos.com/roll/704456): 1d20+7 26 Also make a k[planes ]check.

catman04221985
2019-02-17, 11:44 PM
All I want is a damn bath...

Tyberius takes a step forward as lightning starts to dance around his hands. The lightning escalates until it takes shape as a spear like weapon in each if his hands.

Tyberius takes a 5t step towards the U.
Swift action to summon Vajras.
Move action to summons his Chain shirt.
Stand action to throw his Vajra at U. [roll0] to hit.
If it hits, damage is [roll1] and they are impaled.

You hit him thru the window and he's impaled

Andrin doesn’t even say a word as he slips his bow off of his back, takes aim at an enemy hellhound, and fires, his arrow gleaming with arcane power.

Swift Action: Use the Scout ability on H1. It is Scouted if a roll of [roll0] is higher than 15+its CR.
Attack Action: use Spell Attack with Time Strike. Attack roll (subtract 4 if Scout fails): [roll1]
Damage roll: [roll2]
If it hits, the hellhound must make a DC 19 Will save or lose its standard action, which I then gain.
If I get the standard action, take another attack action, using the Deadly Shot ability of the Sniper Sphere, spending martial focus to deal an additional 2d10 damage on the attack.
Attack: [roll3]
Damage: [roll4]+[roll5]
Move action: move 10 feet to regain martial focus, or just move if I don’t spend it.

The hound head explodes as it body is pinned to the tree.

will save (http://orokos.com/roll/704471): 1d20+1 10 its super dead :smallbiggrin: hp -27

catman04221985
2019-02-18, 12:22 AM
Tyberius sees the implaed hobgoblin pull out the spear and switches to a bow bleeding heavily.

cmb to move (http://orokos.com/roll/704473): 1d20+5 25
bleed (http://orokos.com/roll/704478): 2d6 8

The first group of archers focus fire on Andrin and two barely misses you

bow (http://orokos.com/roll/704480): 3#1d20+4 11 17 17

The remainder goes after Marek. One goes right in your arm.

bow (http://orokos.com/roll/704482): 3#1d20+4 21 24 14
crit (http://orokos.com/roll/704486): 1d20+4 24
crit dam (http://orokos.com/roll/704488): 2d8+1 5

catman04221985
2019-02-18, 01:07 AM
Jurisian spotted the ambush and instinctively sprung into action, growing to the size of a giant in an instant. He swept his now truly enormous greatsword from its scabbard, swinging at the archer now only just above him. Impressive as the sight may have been, he was inwardly cursing himself for not maintaining the glowing manifestation of his divine power during their march.

5' step to the left.
Swift Action, spend a spell point to use Mystic Might.
Move Action, draw weapon.
Standard Action: Attack R5:

Jurisian has 6 attacks of opportunity in this round that he can make against the archers in his reach if they try shooting while threatened, or he can use them on his Active Defense ability with his buckler.

You strike the blinded one but its barely standing.

Katarina quick-steps behind Jurisian, tossing out a bag of Flash Powder as she does so, aimed to blind the closer two hobgoblins. She then takes her ornate staff in both hands and concentrates. A small thundercloud appears above her head, and a bolt shoots out at a goblin.

Five foot step, expend martial focus to use Improved Flash Powder as a swift action, hitting R4+R5 with a dc19 reflex save against blindness for two rounds. Then she uses a full round d action to activate lightning rod and direct a 6d6 bolt of lightning (DC 19 ref half) at R5 if he is still alive, R6 otherwise. She then activates her gaze attack as a free action; anyone who meets her eyes needs to make a DC 19 will save or be scouted, which reveals weaknesses like DR or damage reduction they may have.

Attack roll to hit the correct square with flash powder: [roll0]
Damage roll for lightning: [roll1]

With a flash, boom and a crackle one of them is blind and the other one has a small localized storm around it.

Scouting (http://orokos.com/roll/704497): 1d20+1 5 You surmise that the ranked file are conditioned to follow orders and are accustomed to cruelty
and harsh discipline.
ref save (http://orokos.com/roll/704491): 2#1d20+4 18 24 4 is blinded
ref save (http://orokos.com/roll/704499): 1d20+4 5

catman04221985
2019-02-18, 01:11 AM
Nothing seem to happen next round.

Sean
Tyberius
Andrin
Hound
Uth-lar
mook
Katerina
Marek
Zarr

#4 is blind for 2 rounds

Athaleon
2019-02-19, 02:42 AM
Jurisian ignored the minor wound in his arm, and continued to press the attack against the ambushers.

Taking the damage to his Delayed Damage pool, which applies as nonlethal via Endure Pain.

Full attacking, R5 then R6 if the first attack finishes it off.

Attack: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

stack
2019-02-19, 09:09 AM
Eric's eyes narrow as steps northward to get a clear shot, focusing on the Eastern attackers, calculating for a moment before sending two enchanted arrows off in rapid succession.

know: planes (untrained, so DC 10 max) [roll0] on the hound, as directed

5' step North
swift: scout R1 (take 10 for 26, then -5 penalty for using perception instead of knowledge for 21 total), should pass, granting a link (5 total) and R1 takes -2 AC penalty against Eric

Standard: energy blade, crystal blast on R1
attack [roll1] (includes +2 from inspired sequence, R1 also has -2 AC)
damage [roll2] + [roll3] (CL10 due to sequence)
reflex DC 17 or entangled per crystal blast

Move action: Doombringer finisher, making an attack action as a move action (requires 5 links)
energy blade, crystal blast on R2
attack [roll4] (includes +2 from inspired sequence (add another +1 if previous attack hit), R1 also has -2 AC)
damage [roll5] + [roll6] (CL10 due to sequence, add [roll7] if previous attack hit)

sequence ends due to finisher

Spiritus
2019-02-20, 12:26 AM
Katarina stays behind Jurissian, and directs another bolt of lightning at the most damaged hobgoblin before quickly drinking some Focusing Formula.

Lightning Damage: [roll0]

Mathias1313
2019-02-26, 08:15 PM
Tyberius focuses in on U again, Throwing out is Lightning.

Swift action to summon his Vajra Back to his Hands
Move action to use Anchoring Vajra to treat anyone impales as though I have control of the weapon
Stand Action Throw Vajra [roll0]
If it hits, damage is [roll1]

In4Dimensions
2019-03-01, 07:01 AM
Andrin starts moving forward, and fires an arrow at R2.

catman04221985
2019-03-05, 11:55 PM
Andrin starts moving forward, and fires an arrow at R2.

The arrow hits the tree.

Jurisian ignored the minor wound in his arm, and continued to press the attack against the ambushers.

Taking the damage to his Delayed Damage pool, which applies as nonlethal via Endure Pain.

Full attacking, R5 then R6 if the first attack finishes it off.

You slaughter him

Eric's eyes narrow as steps northward to get a clear shot, focusing on the Eastern attackers, calculating for a moment before sending two enchanted arrows off in rapid succession.

know: planes (untrained, so DC 10 max) [roll0] on the hound, as directed

5' step North
swift: scout R1 (take 10 for 26, then -5 penalty for using perception instead of knowledge for 21 total), should pass, granting a link (5 total) and R1 takes -2 AC penalty against Eric

Standard: energy blade, crystal blast on R1
attack [roll1] (includes +2 from inspired sequence, R1 also has -2 AC)
damage [roll2] + [roll3] (CL10 due to sequence)

Move action: Doombringer finisher, making an attack action as a move action (requires 5 links)
energy blade, crystal blast on R2
attack [roll4] (includes +2 from inspired sequence (add another +1 if previous attack hit), R1 also has -2 AC)
damage [roll5] + [roll6] (CL10 due to sequence, add [roll7] if previous attack hit)

sequence ends due to finisher

The first one just barely missed as he ducks behind the tree. As he pops out the second one hits him in the head. One more good hit and he's down.
The hound seems to be a larger dog and the mooks you autopass You know that they are just normal hobs
ref save (http://orokos.com/roll/708625): 1d20+4 19

Katarina stays behind Jurissian, and directs another bolt of lightning at the most damaged hobgoblin before quickly drinking some Focusing Formula.

Lightning Damage: [roll0]

#4 is fried ref save (http://orokos.com/roll/708646): 1d20+2 12

Tyberius focuses in on U again, Throwing out is Lightning.

Swift action to summon his Vajra Back to his Hands
Move action to use Anchoring Vajra to treat anyone impales as though I have control of the weapon
Stand Action Throw Vajra [roll0]
If it hits, damage is [roll1]

The Vajra hits the abandoned farmhouse.

U moves out of sight The first 3 archers attack Eric one of them hits bow (http://orokos.com/roll/708636): 1d6+1 2
bow (http://orokos.com/roll/708634): 3#1d20+1 17 19 9

The rest attacks Jurisian and misses bow (http://orokos.com/roll/708639): 3#1d20+4 7 5 17
Jurisian hit #5 and cleaves him in twoAOO (http://orokos.com/roll/708640): 1d20+12 23
dam (http://orokos.com/roll/708642): 3d6+10 22

On to the next turn.

stack
2019-03-07, 08:19 AM
Eric grimaces as he takes the glancing blow. A shard of crystal materializes in his hand; he notches it, draws, and looses. The crystal flies awkwardly toward the hobgoblins, striking a tree adjacent to the center one. Any relief at the miss would prove short-lived, as the crystal explodes, showering the area in jagged shard that immediately start growing, engulfing everything the touch. Eric takes a deep breath, readying another arrow as he eyes another target.

2 SP for explosive orb, increase damage to die/level. Area is 15 ft radius centered on bottom right corner of R2's space, so won't quite hit R1

[roll0] piercing damage, ref 16 or entangled and unable to move, area is difficult terrain

unless they have evasion, that should deal damage to open a new sequence.

abandon focus (+1 link)
move action reload (+1 link, regain focus)
swift to take 10 to study R3 (should autopass for +1 link)

4 links total

Mathias1313
2019-03-07, 07:21 PM
Tyberius growls in frustration and charges after U. Summoning his Lightning spears to hand as he does so.

Tyberius will move after U as best he can, DOuble move if he has to in order to keep an eye on him

Athaleon
2019-03-08, 01:44 AM
Jurisian continued his grim work, clearing out the attackers methodically with great arcs of his two-handed sword.

5' step south and full attack R6.

catman04221985
2019-03-24, 08:42 PM
Eric grimaces as he takes the glancing blow. A shard of crystal materializes in his hand; he notches it, draws, and looses. The crystal flies awkwardly toward the hobgoblins, striking a tree adjacent to the center one. Any relief at the miss would prove short-lived, as the crystal explodes, showering the area in jagged shard that immediately start growing, engulfing everything the touch. Eric takes a deep breath, readying another arrow as he eyes another target.

2 SP for explosive orb, increase damage to die/level. Area is 15 ft radius centered on bottom right corner of R2's space, so won't quite hit R1

[roll0] piercing damage, ref 16 or entangled and unable to move, area is difficult terrain

unless they have evasion, that should deal damage to open a new sequence.

abandon focus (+1 link)
move action reload (+1 link, regain focus)
swift to take 10 to study R3 (should autopass for +1 link)

4 links total

ref save (http://orokos.com/roll/713352): 2#1d20+4 8 20

The tree did nothing for the one you aimed turning him in to a pin cushion. The other quickly hides and is only grazed.

Tyberius growls in frustration and charges after U. Summoning his Lightning spears to hand as he does so.

Tyberius will move after U as best he can, DOuble move if he has to in order to keep an eye on him

As you move you spy a old farm house and heads to it.

Jurisian continued his grim work, clearing out the attackers methodically with great arcs of his two-handed sword.

5' step south and full attack R6.

AOO (http://orokos.com/roll/713365): 1d20+12 22
dam (http://orokos.com/roll/713367): 3d6+10 21

As the hob attempts to shoot you you cleave him in two.

bow (http://orokos.com/roll/713372): 2#1d20+1 6 7

The other two misses Eric

Round 5

stack
2019-03-25, 08:29 AM
Eric (who was names Sean on the sheet and table but whose name I seem to have changed for no apparent reason) Keep up his steady pace, launching more arcanely empowered shafts at the remaining hobgoblins.

Swift to study U (should auto-pass taking 10 for +1 link (5)
Standard to energy blade (+2/+2 and +2 CL from inspired sequence) vs R1
att [roll0] (R1 should still be scouted to impose -2 AC)
damage [roll1] piercing (+6 is from imbue sequence Destruction) + [roll2]
ref or entangled DC 15, immobile per crystal blast

move action - arcane apocalypse to cast energy blade (base blast type) as move, either R1 or R3, depending on who is left
att [roll3] (+1 if standard action hits, R1 should still be scouted to impose -2 AC)
damage [roll4] piercing (+1 if standard action hits) + [roll5] +[roll6] if standard action hits

Athaleon
2019-03-28, 12:20 AM
Jurisian, satisfied with his handiwork, moved towards the next threat he could see, casting a spell on himself as he strode with an incantation like a prayer, and he began to glow with a soft white light.

Move as indicated on the map and cast Light (Glory) on himself.

CasualViking
2019-04-07, 01:24 AM
A dwarf bursts out from the decrepit ruins of the farmhouse. Looking around in confusion, he nevertheless settles his attention on one of the hobgoblins. "OI!" he shouts;as they turn to glance at him, he points out Zarr with his axe, and start plodding towards him. His axe starts humming with power.

Move action: Challenge against Zarr; he gains +2 to attacks against Strosik, and -3 to attacks against anyone else. Free action: pick Destruction for Imbued Sequence.

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/39/9b/a7/399ba7ed43aa86b73eb274a39c945e53.jpg

Strosik Coinguard (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1867953)

Bansheexero
2019-04-09, 06:20 PM
Silently waiting in her bird form, Darting Swallow watches the battle unfold. She looks for an opportunity and, having found one, swoops in towards the nearest enemy and claws at its neck, attempting to slice open a vein.

Initiative [roll0]
Stealth [roll1] (plus whatever circumstance modifier for literally being an average bird in a tree in the woods that nobody is looking for)
Fly check (if needed) [roll2]

Not sure if I can cause bleed on a charge attack, since attack action is a specific action and charge attack is different, so unless I can, regular move and attack nearest enemy, using Piranha Strike and expending Martial Focus.

Attack vs flat-footed [roll3]
Crit? [roll4]
Base damage is 5 (1 - 3 Strength + 3 Finesse Training + 4 Piranha Strike) and 9 Sneak Attack damage (rolled on OoC). If successful, however, it deals 2d4+2 bleed (rolled on enemy's action) and can only be healed by DC 25 Heal check or 10+ points of magical healing from a single effect.

Also AC is 29 currently (10 + 3 Natural + 4 Size + 11 Dex + 1 Deflection) and I have Uncanny Dodge

catman04221985
2019-04-10, 08:57 PM
Eric (who was names Sean on the sheet and table but whose name I seem to have changed for no apparent reason) Keep up his steady pace, launching more arcanely empowered shafts at the remaining hobgoblins.

Swift to study U (should auto-pass taking 10 for +1 link (5)
Standard to energy blade (+2/+2 and +2 CL from inspired sequence) vs R1
att [roll0] (R1 should still be scouted to impose -2 AC)
damage [roll1] piercing (+6 is from imbue sequence Destruction) + [roll2]
ref or entangled DC 15, immobile per crystal blast

move action - arcane apocalypse to cast energy blade (base blast type) as move, either R1 or R3, depending on who is left
att [roll3] (+1 if standard action hits, R1 should still be scouted to impose -2 AC)
damage [roll4] piercing (+1 if standard action hits) + [roll5] +[roll6] if standard action hits

You hit R3 and crystals burst from his body but you missed the other one.

Jurisian, satisfied with his handiwork, moved towards the next threat he could see, casting a spell on himself as he strode with an incantation like a prayer, and he began to glow with a soft white light.

Move as indicated on the map and cast Light (Glory) on himself.

A dwarf bursts out from the decrepit ruins of the farmhouse. Looking around in confusion, he nevertheless settles his attention on one of the hobgoblins. "OI!" he shouts;as they turn to glance at him, he points out Zarr with his axe, and start plodding towards him. His axe starts humming with power.

Move action: Challenge against Zarr; he gains +2 to attacks against Strosik, and -3 to attacks against anyone else. Free action: pick Destruction for Imbued Sequence.

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/39/9b/a7/399ba7ed43aa86b73eb274a39c945e53.jpg

Strosik Coinguard (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1867953)

catman04221985
2019-04-10, 09:08 PM
Silently waiting in her bird form, Darting Swallow watches the battle unfold. She looks for an opportunity and, having found one, swoops in towards the nearest enemy and claws at its neck, attempting to slice open a vein.

Initiative [roll0]
Stealth [roll1] (plus whatever circumstance modifier for literally being an average bird in a tree in the woods that nobody is looking for)
Fly check (if needed) [roll2]

Not sure if I can cause bleed on a charge attack, since attack action is a specific action and charge attack is different, so unless I can, regular move and attack nearest enemy, using Piranha Strike and expending Martial Focus.

Attack vs flat-footed [roll3]
Crit? [roll4]
Base damage is 5 (1 - 3 Strength + 3 Finesse Training + 4 Piranha Strike) and 9 Sneak Attack damage (rolled on OoC). If successful, however, it deals 2d4+2 bleed (rolled on enemy's action) and can only be healed by DC 25 Heal check or 10+ points of magical healing from a single effect.

Also AC is 29 currently (10 + 3 Natural + 4 Size + 11 Dex + 1 Deflection) and I have Uncanny Dodge

You fly though him leaving a hole where his neck was

catman04221985
2019-04-10, 09:40 PM
ref save (http://orokos.com/roll/717633): 1d20+6 8
[/url]: 2d4 4

The hell hound managed to burn you and the northern wall

touch (http://orokos.com/roll/717637): [u]1d20+4 15
Destruction sphere (http://orokos.com/roll/717641): 3d6 12

Zarr taking up Strosik challenge strikes you with what feels like a battering ram

Att (http://orokos.com/roll/717644): 1d20+7 22

Uth-lar tries to hit you but fails.

Your turn.

CasualViking
2019-04-11, 12:23 AM
Strosik grits his teeth against the fire and spells raining down on him. He focuses on Zarr; He pokes at him with the blunt tip of the axe, just to show him that he can, then he barges into him and follows it up with a devastating axe blow.

+1 Link from filling up delayed damage
+1 link from active defense from the attack that missed
Free action: Use berserk to gain 9 temp hp and take -2 AC.
Swift action: Count coup against Zarr [roll0], no effect (+1 link)
Move action: Use Shove against Zarr. [roll1], damage 4 + battered. (+1 link)
Standard action: Brutal Strike against Zarr, spend focus for bonus damage, use Heavy swing. [roll2], [roll3]; Fortitude save DC 17; if failed, dazed 1 round then staggered 2, if passed staggered 1 round. (+1 link - my maximum sequence length)
End of round: Take 12 damage from my delayed damage pool, eating my 9 temp hp and 3 real hp.

stack
2019-04-12, 06:41 AM
Eric turns toward the farmhouse, again charging a shaft with arcane energy, loosing at Uth-lar.energy blade on U, 1 SP for extra damage
att [roll0] target takes -2 AC from being previously scouted
damage [roll1] + [roll2] piercing
Ref save 16 or entangled + immobile per crystal blast
Hit starts sequence

If sequence started, free to expend focus +1 link
move to reload, regains focus and adds link
swift to scout Z, take 10 via steady skill, result 21 should pass for +1 link

Bansheexero
2019-04-12, 06:17 PM
Darting Swallow flies to a position in which she may hide and prepare for the next attack.

If the enemy I attacked is still alive, make a Stealth check underneath him. Otherwise, single move action to a tree to Stealth. Either way, total defense to regain Martial Focus (AC becomes 32). Stealth check [roll0]

Athaleon
2019-04-12, 07:34 PM
Sorry, I lost track - Is there a live enemy beneath Darting Swallow's square?

If so, Full Attack it.

If not, double move 40' south towards the sound of more combat since it seems like there are no more ambushers around here.

catman04221985
2019-04-14, 10:36 PM
Strosik grits his teeth against the fire and spells raining down on him. He focuses on Zarr; He pokes at him with the blunt tip of the axe, just to show him that he can, then he barges into him and follows it up with a devastating axe blow.

+1 Link from filling up delayed damage
+1 link from active defense from the attack that missed
Free action: Use berserk to gain 9 temp hp and take -2 AC.
Swift action: Count coup against Zarr [roll0], no effect (+1 link)
Move action: Use Shove against Zarr. [roll1], damage 4 + battered. (+1 link)
Standard action: Brutal Strike against Zarr, spend focus for bonus damage, use Heavy swing. [roll2], [roll3]; Fortitude save DC 17; if failed, dazed 1 round then staggered 2, if passed staggered 1 round. (+1 link - my maximum sequence length)
End of round: Take 12 damage from my delayed damage pool, eating my 9 temp hp and 3 real hp.

fort save (http://orokos.com/roll/718661): 1d20+6 23

You hit him but zarr saves and is only temporarily winded.

Eric turns toward the farmhouse, again charging a shaft with arcane energy, loosing at Uth-lar.energy blade on U, 1 SP for extra damage
att [roll0] target takes -2 AC from being previously scouted
Ref save 16 or entangled + immobile per crystal blast
Hit starts sequence

If sequence started, free to expend focus +1 link
move to reload, regains focus and adds link
swift to scout Z, take 10 via steady skill, result 21 should pass for +1 link

ref save (http://orokos.com/roll/718678): 1d20+8 24

You hit him square in the chest but he doges the crystals

Darting Swallow flies to a position in which she may hide and prepare for the next attack.

If the enemy I attacked is still alive, make a Stealth check underneath him. Otherwise, single move action to a tree to Stealth. Either way, total defense to regain Martial Focus (AC becomes 32). Stealth check [roll0]

You refocused.

Sorry, I lost track - Is there a live enemy beneath Darting Swallow's square?

If so, Full Attack it.

If not, double move 40' south towards the sound of more combat since it seems like there are no more ambushers around here.

You move closer to the soldering farm house.

stack
2019-04-15, 07:43 AM
Eric remains focused on his target, sending a pair of arrows toward the hobgoblin.
standard: energy blade on U
att: [roll0] (inspired sequence included, remember that target has -2 AC from scout)
Ref save 17 or entangled + immobile per crystal blast

Move: arcane apocalypse finisher for energy blade on U
att: [roll3] (inspired sequence included, remember that target has -2 AC from scout)
damage [roll4]

IF ENTANGLED: uses base blast type, damage is + [roll5] bludgeoning
IF NOT ENTANGLED: damage is + [roll6] piercing
and Ref save 17 or entangled + immobile per crystal blast

catman04221985
2019-04-17, 03:50 PM
fort save (http://orokos.com/roll/718661): 1d20+6 23

You hit him but zarr saves and is only temporarily winded.

ref save (http://orokos.com/roll/718678): 1d20+8 24

You hit him square in the chest but he doges the crystals

You refocused.

You move closer to the soldering farm house.

Hell hound Att (http://orokos.com/roll/719434): 1d20+6 15
Uth Full att. Att (http://orokos.com/roll/719435): 2#1d20+7 20 27
Confirm crit crit (http://orokos.com/roll/719437): 1d20+7 21
Uth dam dam (http://orokos.com/roll/719448): 1d6+4 5
Zarr touch[/url]: 1d20+4 24
Crit confirm [url=http://orokos.com/roll/719442]crit (http://orokos.com/roll/719440): 1d20+4 7
Zarr dam dam (http://orokos.com/roll/719446): 3d6 11

The hell hound moves in to a flanking position and tries to no avail attack Strosik. While Strosik is fending off the hound, Uth-lar unleashed a flurries of sword strikes and gets a hit in. Zarr as a last ditch effort tags you with more destruction magic.

Next round You are all up.

CasualViking
2019-04-18, 12:40 AM
Strosik (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1867953) nods and let out a small laugh-grunt as the warcaster strikes him again. "DIE BY THE AXE!" he screams as he lays into both hobgoblins with a devastating storm of blows.

Off-turn: Take 16 damage; 12 points go to delayed damage, 4 points come off HP.
Free action: Berserk for -2 AC, 9 temp hp.
Standard Action: Whirlwind (Berserker Sphere finisher).
*Attacks against Uth-lar: [roll0], [roll1]// [roll2], [roll3]//[roll4], [roll5]
*Attacks against Zarr: [roll6], [roll7]// [roll8], [roll9]//[roll10], [roll11]

Conformation roll, in case I need it: [roll12], [roll13].

Move action: Whoever survives, but preferably Uth-Lar, gets a Challenge (+2 to hit Strosik, -3 to hit others) (starts a new sequence at 1 link)

End of turn: Take 12 damage, eating 9 temp hp and 3 hp.

Athaleon
2019-04-18, 03:25 AM
Jurisian continued to stride toward the farmhouse and tried to get a look inside before barging in.

Moved as indicated in the map, if there's a window Jurisian will try to attack through it. Otherwise he will take a second move action to go around to the door.

Bansheexero
2019-04-18, 05:21 PM
Darting Swallow seeks out a new target as her first victim bleeds to death. Maintaining cover, she flies towards the closest enemy, prepared to strike when the opportunity presents itself.

Either takes a move action (50 ft) and attacks closest enemy if he range, or takes half move action and remains in stealth in nearby trees. If necessary, Fly check [roll0]

If attacking, Piranha Strike [roll1]
Crit? [roll2]
Damage is 5 and Sneak Attack [roll3], expending Martial Focus for Open Vein causing 2d4+2 bleed damage, requiring DC 25 Heal check or 10+ healing from a single effect to staunch.

stack
2019-04-22, 07:36 AM
Eric sends yet another shaft into the melee.

energy blade on whichever is standing
[roll0] (target should have -2 AC from being scouted (if not, scout as swift)
damage [roll1] + [roll2]
ref save 16 vs crystal blast (entangled, immobile)

on hit, free to abandon focus +1 link, move to reload + focus +1 link

catman04221985
2019-04-24, 02:45 PM
Strosik (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1867953) nods and let out a small laugh-grunt as the warcaster strikes him again. "DIE BY THE AXE!" he screams as he lays into both hobgoblins with a devastating storm of blows.

Off-turn: Take 16 damage; 12 points go to delayed damage, 4 points come off HP.
Free action: Berserk for -2 AC, 9 temp hp.
Standard Action: Whirlwind (Berserker Sphere finisher).
*Attacks against Uth-lar: [roll0], [roll1]// [roll2], [roll3]//[roll4], [roll5]
*Attacks against Zarr: [roll6], [roll7]// [roll8], [roll9]//[roll10], [roll11]

Conformation roll, in case I need it: [roll12], [roll13].

Move action: Whoever survives, but preferably Uth-Lar, gets a Challenge (+2 to hit Strosik, -3 to hit others) (starts a new sequence at 1 link)

End of turn: Take 12 damage, eating 9 temp hp and 3 hp.

In a spectacular display of speed and violence you massacred both of them.

End combat.

Bansheexero
2019-04-24, 07:06 PM
Darting Swallow remains hidden in the branches of a nearby tree and continues to observe the group in bird form.

Athaleon
2019-04-24, 11:19 PM
Jurisian returned to normal size, and waved to the newcomers in the farmhouse as he moved around to the door. Armored as he may be, he didn't want to catch a weapon in the face if he barged through the door right after a fight. "Hail, travelers. It seems our ambushers were caught in a pincer, almost like we planned it that way."

stack
2019-04-25, 06:34 AM
"Indeed, your arrival was timely." Eric recovers his arrows as he checks the bandits' bodies for valuables.

CasualViking
2019-04-25, 11:55 AM
"A timely arrival indeed", the armored dwarf replies as he cleans his gore-spattered axe with a rag. "My name is Strosik Coinguard. Priest of Torag and independent adventurer. I will be wanting my fair share of that, by the way" - he points to Eric looting the fallen.

"You are no delicate flowers yourselves, though. Are you perchance engaged in some profitable venture, and looking to bolster your ranks?"

Athaleon
2019-04-25, 11:24 PM
"I am Marek Jurisian, a Knight of Lastwall here on duty, though some of my companions are... contractors like yourself. What's the situation here?"

stack
2019-04-26, 06:28 AM
Eric nods argeement, "Fair share is fair. You fight, you get your part, I figure. Eric Quickbeam."

catman04221985
2019-04-28, 04:18 PM
"Indeed, your arrival was timely." Eric recovers his arrows as he checks the bandits' bodies for valuables.
You find 6 sets of chainmail, heavy steel shields, composite shortbows (+1 Str), mwk longswords.
Breastplate, Light steel shield
2 +1 short swords, Masterwork studded leather

catman04221985
2019-04-28, 04:23 PM
As you all are doing various things a bloodied person crawls out from a bush down the road.

CasualViking
2019-04-28, 11:38 PM
"Not a bad haul, but some of it is rather heavy. I wager some of you will want an easily carried share. I can take a heavy load, but I expect the value of my share to reflect - who is that", Strosik interrupts himself. "By the grace of Torag, be thee healed!" he intones. He looks down over himself and winces. "Be the grace of Torag, be thee healed as well", he mutters.

Strosik's wounds start closing up. Unless he resists, so too does the wounded stranger's.

stack
2019-04-29, 06:45 AM
Eric looks at the new arrival, studying him closely. perception take 10 for 26

Athaleon
2019-04-29, 10:25 PM
Jurisian approached the bloodied stranger, still concerned for him despite the healing Strosik had just delivered. "I can heal you more if need be, stranger" he offered. "Are there others in need of assistance?"

catman04221985
2019-04-30, 09:35 PM
Eric looks at the new arrival, studying him closely. perception take 10 for 26
You noticed that's him is a her and half-elven.

catman04221985
2019-04-30, 09:44 PM
After healing her of wounds she speaks.
You have my gratitude. My name is Aroynorie and did my squad survived?

Athaleon
2019-04-30, 11:34 PM
"I am Marek Jurisian. I have not seen anyone else here, alive or dead, besides these hobgoblins. But then, I have not yet looked closely beyond the road."

catman04221985
2019-05-05, 03:09 AM
She looks around and whispers in elven
May the earthmother keep them. Well then do you mind if I accompany you all to the next town?

CasualViking
2019-05-05, 12:33 PM
Strosik reflexively brings an insult to the tip of his tongue, but thinks better of it. He merely rolls his eyes at the elf and goes back to bickering with Eric over the loot.

Athaleon
2019-05-06, 12:09 AM
"Is it possible they may have fled?" Marek asked.

stack
2019-05-06, 06:47 AM
Eric nods down the road, "Drelin's Ferry was the next place on the road. Maybe they will be grateful to have lost a few bandits?"