PDA

View Full Version : Meet the New Bhule, Same as the Old Bhule (Empire4 Event Thread)

Gaius Hermicus
2019-02-04, 07:20 PM
Meet the New Bhule: Same as the Old Bhule

Rulers from countries all over Emjata have been invited to attend the coronation of High Chief Simriq, the first King of New Bhule. Simriq shall speak with all the rulers, hoping to secure alliances and assert his position in Emjatan politics. The coronation shall be held in the newly constructed Library of Magic in Fferhaven, and is being attended by the cream of Frostbind and Bhulic aristocracy. All are welcome.

(Simriq claims teal as his speaking color). All other Bhulic noblemen may also be addressed as if they are Simriq, so they will also use teal.

Greetings, friends from far and near. Welcome to my humble nation of Bhule. I greet you as friends and equals, but be warned: I shall treat any attempt to assert control over me with hostility. If you will respect New Bhule, New Bhule will respect you.

I will call your attention to the great collection of books, tomes, scrolls, and magical artifacts we have collected in this new library. I would also like to show you the new armies we have gathered, under the organization of my best warrior, General Ahbs. These are but a few of the achievements that our kingdom is accomplishing.

I hope you are all enjoying the refreshments provided. They are made from wheat in Karys, which was generously donated by 'Xa'kagx of 'Ridi'dreq. We also must thank Duchess Nari Gyeon, for generously donating the trading post with which we can obtain large quantities of wood to heat the palace and stave off the effects of the Long Winter.

I will of course be happy to meet with anybody who wishes to discuss with me about plans for the future, however I cannot speak to all of you at once. If necessary, General Ahbs or other of my noblemen will be happy to do the same: they speak in my name and I regard them as near to equals as it is possible to be without ruling a nation.

Best of luck to all of you, and may Ignatix bless your ventures!
[/B]

Potato_Priest
2019-02-05, 12:28 AM
Whern

Now that the war was over Chieftess Yfga Bjornir was free to attend diplomatic gatherings as she pleased, and this one was an event of truly great importance. The declaration of a new Bhulic state run by the immigrant Frostbinders was startling news: the place of this immigrant nation in the stage of North Regner was also incredibly important. So far at least the Frostbinders' intentions seemed friendly. They had sent a team to build an Embassy in Whern, and had even offered an alliance. This was good news.

The trip had been easy- with the ground frozen thanks to the long winter, it had been a simple matter to ride their horses along the banks of the great Fher river up into Bhule. Much to the delegation's discomfort, it was even colder here than it was on the tundras thanks to the high altitude, and the wind just added to matters. It was a great relief to enter the library.

The library was impressive for something built in just a short amount of time. About twice the size of Fherharbor's own collection, it was made more impressive by its apparently single minded focus on magical subjects. Yfga got the sense that the more academically minded Frigid Digits would be very interested in the materials in some of these scrolls.

As Yfga approached Chief Simriq she procured the offer of alliance from a pocket in her dress.
"High Chief Simriq," she began with a slight bow, "I have come to you from Whern bearing gifts, and prepared to consider your offer of Alliance. Outside you will find a waiting steed, a fine and healthy mare from Bysthia free from the flies afflicting her kin down south thanks to the cold weather here. You should feel free to ride her to Whern as often as you like, we would be glad to receive you.

Now, as for this offer of alliance: I cannot accept all of it, I am afraid. While the military alliance is more than welcome, free trade at the moment would be disastrous for Whern. I am sure you have many fine goods brought over recently from our homeland, but Whern is suffering a period of unprecedented poverty as a result of our recent war with the Regno sultanate. If unrestricted trade were the order of the day we would risk greedy Whernians selling assets that the nation needs for survival to suit their personal ends."

bc56
2019-02-05, 01:26 PM
Overvann Assembly of Lords

The journey was swift and uneventful. The Järlin and her bodyguards rode with a caravan delivering barrels of whale oil into 'Ridi'r, then broke away and flew north toward Bhule. It had been over 20 years since anyone from further south had been in Bhule, since the night of the fateful Dance and the battle against Gxe'dhok. On their way to the library, they flew to the Temple and poured a bottle of wine on the ground as a libation to the spirits of friends lost. The red fluid looked like drops of blood upon the snow. From there, they rode onwards, arriving at the city where the meeting was to be held two days early.

The party is led by Aeshra Hodeskalle, the Järlin of Overvann herself. She wears a long, dark green gown with a low neckline. Her face is far from the human norm; her angular eyes and draconic snout give her a feral, savage appearance. Her hands are clawed and webbed, and a lump in her clothing betrays the presence of a vestigal tail. Six bone spikes jut up from her collarbone. The two bodyguards are similarly altered, but their transformations are even more pronounced, and their bodies are partly covered by coatings of blue scales. Every member of the party is armed, although in Aeshra's case it is only a ceremonial bronze dagger buckled at her waist, whereas the bodyguards have polearms made from metal the same color as their scales strapped to their backs.

The Järlin approaches the Frostbinder king and curtsies respectfully. "Chief Sirmiq. The gifts you sent are appreciated. The troops are not." Parading troops on the border is seen as a threat, after all, Overvann has done the same thing when planning to attack their neighbors.

Gaius Hermicus
2019-02-05, 09:59 PM
Turning to Chieftess Yfga Bjornir, a slight look of displeasure flicks across Simriq's face, to be banished immediately by his normal poker face. Of course, Chieftess Bjornir. I understand fully. You have my thanks for your gift, and I will do all i can to support your nation in this difficult time. I would of course be delighted to sign an alliance, even one limited to military support for the moment. Please enjoy the festivities.

Turning back to the Jarlin, Simriq grins appreciatively. Ah, yes. My little demonstration. You have my utmost assurances, Jarlin, that I did not intend to offend you with these parades. I have no intent to invade a nation as powerful and glorious as yours, especially with friendly relations still a possibility. In fact, I sent my troops to the border to send a message to your nation. I of course mean you no disrespect, but the men of Overvann are well regarded for their military might, and for their expansionist ideals. I simply wanted to ensure that your warriors would think twice before attempting to raid our copper mines or sack our trading posts. My apologies if you felt threatened. Please, let this not be a divide in possible relations between our nations: I wish only the best for Overvann. We are, after all, both of the North, and must stick together to survive this Long Winter.

Simriq's eyes flick to General Ahbs, who has been scanning the entrances for new arrivals.

Potato_Priest
2019-02-06, 10:35 PM
"Ah, excellent. Then we are agreed. To aid your survival, in the next few years you can expect that we will deliver some of the techniques known in Emjata for growing crops, forging locks, and smithing armor to your embassy. Now, I would love to learn more about this Frostbinderism I've heard about..."

bc56
2019-02-07, 12:56 AM
"We have an understanding then. I have little interest in your land, other than sentimental ones. You are aware, of course, of the great battle which caused Bhule's rulers to abandon it in the first place?" Aeshra nods, her concern abated, replaced by curiosity.

SquirrelWizard
2019-02-07, 01:06 AM
Yven was far from his densely forested homeland of Yondar, being that he had been sent far to the west to act as an ambassador at the coronation of Bhule's new High Chief. He could see through his mother's stern facade, she wanted him as far away from the Dragon talks as possible somewhere where her heir could be relatively safe.

He entered the Library followed by his Kingsguard, Ari, and several Mistwalker Rangers. He was dressed in fine dark linen clothes dressed with fur along with a thick cloak, emblazoned with the Tree of the League, to protect him from the cold, trailing under the cloak was his bristling, squirrel-like, tail that, along with the shape of his ears, was iconic of the Esqurian race of Yondar. He scanned the room idly as he scratched his neatly trimmed brown beard.

Behind him was Ari, in a similar black colored linen dress and thick cloak. She held herself with keen confidence as she took in the room. Her gaze lingered on General Ahbs, critically sizing him up before leaning over to Yven and whispering into his ear.

Yven cleared his throat and spoke clearly, not only for the general to hear but also others in the room, "Ah, you must be General Ahbs. I am Prince Yven Chalun of the Yondari League, and I am here to bear witness to the Coronation of High Chief Simriq."

BootStrapTommy
2019-02-07, 01:27 PM
The United Northern Confederacy of Rhune and Saaremaa

Bhule was a long way from Rhune proper, even if the long independent territory was only a stone's throw away from Cays and Bahwicks, the United Northern Confederacy's westernmost outpost. The journey was long and harrowing, all the more so because the strange and otherworldly ice storm that clung over the western peninsula. But the Margravine had at her disposal the best aquamancers in all of the UNC, guiding the fastest and most seaworthy ships. After stopping off to resupply among the halls of Cays and Bahwicks’ Acolytes of Áhkká, the Rhunite ships continued west. Arriving in Bhule, the dignitaries disembarked, making their way to the new Library of Magic in Fferhaven. At the head of the procession strode Margravine Norá av Aanaar, a lovely, matronly looking Rhunite, half a head taller than her fellow kin, with tanned skin and rich brunette hair. The stern looking woman, dressed in furs and visibly with child, walked with slowly, dark eyes scanning the crowd. They widened a moment as they settled upon Yven, the Yondari Prince, the ruler’s head tilting a little, clearly amused to stumble into her husband in this of all places. However, her gaze soon settled upon Ari, a scowl replacing her amusement as lutrine ear twitched in agitation within her long locks. She glared at the other woman a moment before her own heralds entering stepping forth to announce her caught her attention.

“May I introduce Norá av Aanaar, Earl of the Aanaar, Princess Consort of the Yondari League, and Margrave of the United Northern Confederacy of Rhune and Saaremaa. The Margravine offers her best wishes to a resurrected Bhule. May its new King shelter it from the storm.”

Norá offered those present a curt bow, flashing a pleasant and attractive smile to her host, lutrine tail seeming to twitch behind her from where it poked out of her garbs above her rear.

Gaius Hermicus
2019-02-07, 06:58 PM
Looking to Chieftess Yfga, Simriq smiles. Many thanks indeed, Chieftess. I will look forward to allying with you. If you are interested in Frostbindism, may I introduce you to Priestess Anhah? She is the head of the temple of Ignatix here in Fferhaven. If you have questions about our noble religion, she will be happy to answer them for you.

Simriq leaves Anhah to speak with Yfga and returns to his conversation with the Jarlďn. That is a great reassurance, Jarlin. I have of course heard of your noble conflict with the Brinefather right in this very nation. Slaying the foul dragon was a mighty blow against the forces of winter, and we are all the better off for it. I am afraid to say that I know little beyond that, however. Have you, perhaps, any more... intriguing knowledge about the event? Simriq squints suspiciously at the Jarlin, then turns to give a friendly nod to the Margravine.

Ah, Margravine. It is good to see you here at my coronation. I appreciate the effort you must have made to come this distance. Tell me, what brings you so far from home? I would not have expected a monarch as powerful as yourself to come here for a simple party. Simriq waits with barely concealed anticipation.

Meanwhile, General Ahbs speaks in a low, rumbling baritone to the Yondari delegation. Oh, you are of Yondar? Thank you for making the journey here. I am indeed General Ahbs, leader of the New Bhulic armies. Do you like the library? it is Chief Simriq's crowning achievement to date, Ignatix shower blessings upon him. Ahbs takes his hand off of the long knife on his side, which he had reached for as soon as being suddenly addressed, and scratches his neck.

BootStrapTommy
2019-02-10, 06:42 PM
Ah, Margravine. It is good to see you here at my coronation. I appreciate the effort you must have made to come this distance. Tell me, what brings you so far from home? I would not have expected a monarch as powerful as yourself to come here for a simple party. Simriq waits with barely concealed anticipation.
"Management of my realm often takes a more personal touche. Reminding the peoples of Cays and Barwick that their Council cares for their struggles is important for stable governance," said the Rhunite woman, dark eyes looking Bhule's leader up and down, "But moreover, the renewal of Bhule so close to my outer settlements was an event worthy of personal note, and I felt my presence would go a long way toward aiding in establishing a lasting relationship between our peoples. As this unearthly storm outside shows, the shores of the Norbar can be an inhospitable place. Neighbors need to look out for each other to make it through the winter," the lovely woman flashed a wide grin, "So let me offer my personal best wishes to the new Bhule. The United Northern Confederacy extends it hand in friendship."

Gaius Hermicus
2019-02-10, 09:31 PM
"Management of my realm often takes a more personal touche. Reminding the peoples of Cays and Barwick that their Council cares for their struggles is important for stable governance," said the Rhunite woman, dark eyes looking Bhule's leader up and down, "But moreover, the renewal of Bhule so close to my outer settlements was an event worthy of personal note, and I felt my presence would go a long way toward aiding in establishing a lasting relationship between our peoples. As this unearthly storm outside shows, the shores of the Norbar can be an inhospitable place. Neighbors need to look out for each other to make it through the winter," the lovely woman flashed a wide grin, "So let me offer my personal best wishes to the new Bhule. The United Northern Confederacy extends it hand in friendship."

I see. Thank you for your interest. As of now, we are a small nation, but a proud one, and I hope to foster a larger place in the world soon. Please accept, by the way, a small token of my gratitude and allow me to favor you with a gift.

Four Bhulic men, all nearly as tall as General Ahbs and with thick barrel chests, come out of a side room. Each one carries a heavy birchwood chest, overflowing with copper coin, jewelry, weapons, tools, et al.

As a token of the new friendship between our nations, I would like to offer you this tribute of copper, freshly mined from our quarries, and forged by the priests of Ignatix. May he bless you and your line for eternity.

bc56
2019-02-10, 11:10 PM
"We suspect this endless winter is of her doing, but other than that, nothing but some advice. If you find any of her corpse left, burn it. It is not worth the trouble it will bring, my face and the faces of my guards are proof." Aeshra replies to Sirmiq.

Gaius Hermicus
2019-02-11, 10:08 PM
"We suspect this endless winter is of her doing, but other than that, nothing but some advice. If you find any of her corpse left, burn it. It is not worth the trouble it will bring, my face and the faces of my guards are proof." Aeshra replies to Sirmiq.

I... see, says Simriq, clearly not convinced. It is well known, of course, that the Brinefather was high in the favor of the foul god Nixir. I would suspect that your curse is a symbol of his displeasure at your slaying of his greatest servant. Rest assured, the priests of Ignatix will pray for the release of this curse from your people.

He flicks his wrist, almost unnoticeably, and General Ahbs turns away from the prince of Yondar to whisper in the ear of one of the guards. The guard moves slowly, stealthily, towards the huge oaken doors.

SquirrelWizard
2019-02-12, 01:31 PM
Yven had noticed the Margravine's arrival and the not so subtle look at his companion, he was probably going to have to explain some things to her later.

"It is a fine library; in Yondar much of our writings are more spread out. Though I am more concerned by the movements of your troops. While it is true Yondar hold no land in this corner of Emjata, we are allies with Rhune, the leader of which is that lovely lady who was announced earlier. Though..." Yven paused, his tail sweeping languidly across the floor of the library as if he pondered a new thought. "Perhaps this is something to be discussed with your superior, but as a nation getting back on your feet, it would be better to reach out to make allies with your neighbors. Especially with this blighted winter settling into the nearby lands."

Yven's Sciuridine tail snapped around him as he energetically changed tack, "But lets say you take land with your army, ignoring the fact that you've probably made enemies and enemies of their allies, you now have new lands to tend to, new mouths to feed, new strain on your resources. Resources, I might add, that have become more scarce, not only because this unnatural winter has been allowed to continue, but now there will be people who have reason to deny you. A far better work would be to attempt to resolve the long winter or, if you are unable to do it yourself, hire someone who can."

BootStrapTommy
2019-02-12, 03:04 PM
I see. Thank you for your interest. As of now, we are a small nation, but a proud one, and I hope to foster a larger place in the world soon. Please accept, by the way, a small token of my gratitude and allow me to favor you with a gift.

Four Bhulic men, all nearly as tall as General Ahbs and with thick barrel chests, come out of a side room. Each one carries a heavy birchwood chest, overflowing with copper coin, jewelry, weapons, tools, et al.

As a token of the new friendship between our nations, I would like to offer you this tribute of copper, freshly mined from our quarries, and forged by the priests of Ignatix. May he bless you and your line for eternity.The pleasant smile upon Norá's face grew wider at the mention of gifts, her lips parting in a look of surprise as her hand rose to cover her mouth. The pregnant Rhunite giggled, eyeing the men who approached with the chest before gazing upon its contents. It was certainly a generous offer. She offered an appreciative bow before meeting the Bhulic ruler's gaze again.

"Thank you, it is most generous of you, High Chief. The craftsmanship is surley exquisite and worthy of praise. Give the priests of Ignatic my compliments. You have mine and the Confderacy's appreciation. I too brought a gift, much more humble but nonetheless sacred to my people."

The Margravine made her own gesture, the one of the Rhunites accompanying her stepping forward, his hands moving from where they were buried within his garments, producing a large dark stone from within his cloak, the size of a head. Veins of brilliant blue vined their way through the dark glassy rock, giving off a pale glow. As the Rhunite offered the stone to the High Chief with a bow, his forearms became exposed, intricate runes covering his skin, glowing the same rich blue.

"A rather impressive specimen of Rhune Stone, harvested from deep within the Isle itself... I hope something so sacred conveys to you our deep respects. My ships in the habor hold more; I will arrange they be brought up when our meeting has concluded."

The noise of the storm outside was great to the Aquamancers within the room, the water surrounding them and pervading all of Bhule and its neighbors as it fell perpetually from the sky. It had put them all on edge, suspicious eyes darting back and forth within the room, more acutely prepared for conflict with the unnaturally snowy backdrop. One Aquamancer, standing near the back of the Rhunite procession, eyed the foreign hall suspiciously, dark eyed settle settling upon the soldiers creeping toward the entrance as his ears perked up. His hand reach out and grabbed the arm of his nearest peer briefly, sidling toward the door with a narrowed gaze. An audibly pops followed, the cap of a waterskin removed.

Atop her head, the Margravine's lutrine ears twitched a swiveled, eyes narrowing at her host and an inquisitive eyebrow raising. She pulled out her own waterskin, removing the top, and raising it in a toast, prompting a similar response from a number of the Rhunites present, a chorus of popping sounds following. She offered another curt bow of respect.

"To a prosperous new Bhule. May the seas and the sky bless her and the lands embrace her, High Chief Simriq!"

Gaius Hermicus
2019-02-12, 08:28 PM
Yven had noticed the Margravine's arrival and the not so subtle look at his companion, he was probably going to have to explain some things to her later.

"It is a fine library; in Yondar much of our writings are more spread out. Though I am more concerned by the movements of your troops. While it is true Yondar hold no land in this corner of Emjata, we are allies with Rhune, the leader of which is that lovely lady who was announced earlier. Though..." Yven paused, his tail sweeping languidly across the floor of the library as if he pondered a new thought. "Perhaps this is something to be discussed with your superior, but as a nation getting back on your feet, it would be better to reach out to make allies with your neighbors. Especially with this blighted winter settling into the nearby lands."

Yven's Sciuridine tail snapped around him as he energetically changed tack, "But lets say you take land with your army, ignoring the fact that you've probably made enemies and enemies of their allies, you now have new lands to tend to, new mouths to feed, new strain on your resources. Resources, I might add, that have become more scarce, not only because this unnatural winter has been allowed to continue, but now there will be people who have reason to deny you. A far better work would be to attempt to resolve the long winter or, if you are unable to do it yourself, hire someone who can."

Ahbs gives a noncommittal grunt. What do you think the high chief is hosting this event for?[/COLOR]] He flicks his tongue out of his mouth, moistening his dry lips, them continues. Our new armies are not intended for any conquests or invasions, but it would be imprudent to set up a nation, especially one bordering the Overvann, without a portion of military power. Our intent is to stay where we are and spread our religion to the remainder of the continent. Frankly, Prince Yven, I resent your condescension toward our intent. We are not fools, and those who believe so will sorely regret treating us as such.

The pleasant smile upon Norá's face grew wider at the mention of gifts, her lips parting in a look of surprise as her hand rose to cover her mouth. The pregnant Rhunite giggled, eyeing the men who approached with the chest before gazing upon its contents. It was certainly a generous offer. She offered an appreciative bow before meeting the Bhulic ruler's gaze again.

"Thank you, it is most generous of you, High Chief. The craftsmanship is surely exquisite and worthy of praise. Give the priests of Ignatic my compliments. You have mine and the Confderacy's appreciation. I too brought a gift, much more humble but nonetheless sacred to my people."

The Margravine made her own gesture, the one of the Rhunites accompanying her stepping forward, his hands moving from where they were buried within his garments, producing a large dark stone from within his cloak, the size of a head. Veins of brilliant blue vined their way through the dark glassy rock, giving off a pale glow. As the Rhunite offered the stone to the High Chief with a bow, his forearms became exposed, intricate runes covering his skin, glowing the same rich blue.

"A rather impressive specimen of Rhune Stone, harvested from deep within the Isle itself... I hope something so sacred conveys to you our deep respects. My ships in the habor hold more; I will arrange they be brought up when our meeting has concluded."

The noise of the storm outside was great to the Aquamancers within the room, the water surrounding them and pervading all of Bhule and its neighbors as it fell perpetually from the sky. It had put them all on edge, suspicious eyes darting back and forth within the room, more acutely prepared for conflict with the unnaturally snowy backdrop. One Aquamancer, standing near the back of the Rhunite procession, eyed the foreign hall suspiciously, dark eyed settle settling upon the soldiers creeping toward the entrance as his ears perked up. His hand reach out and grabbed the arm of his nearest peer briefly, sidling toward the door with a narrowed gaze. An audibly pops followed, the cap of a waterskin removed.

Atop her head, the Margravine's lutrine ears twitched a swiveled, eyes narrowing at her host and an inquisitive eyebrow raising. She pulled out her own waterskin, removing the top, and raising it in a toast, prompting a similar response from a number of the Rhunites present, a chorus of popping sounds following. She offered another curt bow of respect.

"To a prosperous new Bhule. May the seas and the sky bless her and the lands embrace her, High Chief Simriq!"

Simriq raises his own glass, filled with clear, fresh water sourced from the melted snow. And to a prosperous Rhune! May the Flame-Mother raise her to glory!

Drinking, he takes the Rhunestone in his hands, tracing the intricate patterns with a finger. It is a marvelous gift, Margraviate. The greatest thanks for your gesture. Looking to General Ahbs, Sirmiq flicks his eyes toward the entrance, where the Rhunic aquamancers follow the guard skulking toward the doors.

Gaius Hermicus
2019-02-15, 06:03 PM
The large double doors swing open, and then close with a slam. Eight Frostbinders wearing cloaks and masks of bone proceed into the hall. Each one carries a torch and a long copper spear. They march past the shocked Rhunic, Yondari, and Overvann delegations, then barely pause in front of Chieftess Yfga before organizing in front of Simriq.

The New Bhulic chief steps onto a raised pedestal, then addresses the crowd. Fellow Emjatans. You have shown me great favor by being present at my coronation. I wish to reward you all, so I will offer you the greatest gift of all: the gift of truth. I will now tell you all of my decision.

Simriq pauses for effect, looking at General Abhs, who nods and then whispers in his ear. Simriq smiles with relief, then continues.

New Bhule has a clear intent. We wish to defeat the power of Nixir here on Emjata, beginning with this unnatural winter in Regner. However, the only way to defeat such a violation of natural balance is to appease Ignatix, the Mother of Flames, and we will singlemindedly pursue that goal. Those in Regner who oppose us will have to be considered enemies, at least until we can defeat Nixir's presence and restore safety to the North. The Sultanate of Regno has showed me an unforgivable dishonor by disregarding my invitation to this most auspicious of events, and thus will nbe treated with suspicion at best, and at worst outright hostility, by my government. Regno is no friend of the North, as their recent war with the esteemed Overvann and Whern shows. I hereby declare that, if Regno does not wish to make an enemy of me, they must immediately show some respect!

On the last sentence, Simriq's formerly placid tone changes to the roar of a rabble-rouser or an evangelical priest. He sips more water, then finishes: As Regner is a powerful enemy, and I believe that they will gain the favor of Nixir once the Lord of Hell discovers our antagonism, I must desperately seek allies for my goals. You have already taken the step to attempt friendship by attending my coronation, so I ask you all. Who will support me in my holy task?

SquirrelWizard
2019-02-16, 03:01 PM
Confusion crossed Yven's face as he glanced aside to Margravine Norá as if to ask, "Is this guy serious?"

"High Chief, with all due respect, I believe you are overstepping yourself." Yven said loudly as he stepped forwards. "There is a Yondari saying, 'Enemies are plentiful so there is no need to add to them.' I cannot speak for Regno, but I do understand that there are many justifiable reasons a leader could have to not attend an event such as this. To only attribute Regno's absence to foul intent implies that other absent nations such as Izbefe, and Dvalta, are being equally hostile towards Bhule and the north. I would advise contacting Regno yourself to see what options are on the table for your nations before committing to war."

The Prince looked to the representatives from Overvann and Whern momentarily as if to judge their reaction to the situation before adding. "If Bhule must continue down this path, then it will be done without the aid of the League. Our relations with Regno have been cordial, so we will not get drawn into a frivolous conflict when the very real threats of Krace, the Cinder Queen, and, now, Lindeen and her allies threaten my people"

BootStrapTommy
2019-02-17, 04:54 PM
Simriq raises his own glass, filled with clear, fresh water sourced from the melted snow. And to a prosperous Rhune! May the Flame-Mother raise her to glory!

Drinking, he takes the Rhunestone in his hands, tracing the intricate patterns with a finger. It is a marvelous gift, Margraviate. The greatest thanks for your gesture. Looking to General Ahbs, Sirmiq flicks his eyes toward the entrance, where the Rhunic aquamancers follow the guard skulking toward the doors.The northeastern ruler raised the water skin to her lips, as did those who had followed her example. Afterwards, the Rhunite nodded to Bhule's new leader, offering up another smile. It grew with the praise and gratitude offered in response to her own gift. Even then, her entourage seemed to remain tense. Behind them, the observant aqumancer eyed the guard heading for the door with suspicions, stepping forward a little with narrowing eyes as the companion he had grabbed earlier turned to observe his companion, eyes also narrowing. The sudden arrival of the priests through the door caused both men to tense up suddenly, seemingly ready for anything.

The Margravine, however, seemed immune to the growing tension among her colleagues, maintaining eye contact with the High Chief after the toast, giggling softly. Her free hand moved to caress her swolen belly, dark eyes darting a moment to her husabnd then back to the foriegn king.

"That our gift is appreciated means a fair deal to me, High Chief. I hope it is but one of many fruitful exchanges between our disparate peoples," her eyes darted to the priests, eye brow raising a moment before returning to the Simriq, "My husband speaks some truths. Many threats stare us down in the east. A madman seeks revengence upon the sun, threatening to bring a winter that would make the one outside seem like a light dusting. Now the machinations of Lindeen, seeking best we can tell to aid him, has wrought chaos among the Confederacy and the League's allies. I will offer what support Rhune can manage should Regno show open hostility toward our neighbors again, but, at such time, other threats to the north hold my attentions. I hope you understand. Until the threats of the dragons and the Warcasters are dealt with, the northeast must be on guard."

Gaius Hermicus
2019-02-19, 07:38 PM
The northeastern ruler raised the water skin to her lips, as did those who had followed her example. Afterwards, the Rhunite nodded to Bhule's new leader, offering up another smile. It grew with the praise and gratitude offered in response to her own gift. Even then, her entourage seemed to remain tense. Behind them, the observant aqumancer eyed the guard heading for the door with suspicions, stepping forward a little with narrowing eyes as the companion he had grabbed earlier turned to observe his companion, eyes also narrowing. The sudden arrival of the priests through the door caused both men to tense up suddenly, seemingly ready for anything.

The Margravine, however, seemed immune to the growing tension among her colleagues, maintaining eye contact with the High Chief after the toast, giggling softly. Her free hand moved to caress her swolen belly, dark eyes darting a moment to her husabnd then back to the foriegn king.

"That our gift is appreciated means a fair deal to me, High Chief. I hope it is but one of many fruitful exchanges between our disparate peoples," her eyes darted to the priests, eye brow raising a moment before returning to the Simriq, "My husband speaks some truths. Many threats stare us down in the east. A madman seeks revengence upon the sun, threatening to bring a winter that would make the one outside seem like a light dusting. Now the machinations of Lindeen, seeking best we can tell to aid him, has wrought chaos among the Confederacy and the League's allies. I will offer what support Rhune can manage should Regno show open hostility toward our neighbors again, but, at such time, other threats to the north hold my attentions. I hope you understand. Until the threats of the dragons and the Warcasters are dealt with, the northeast must be on guard."

Of course I understand, Margravine. I do not seek for you to commit to war against Regno, or to take our side in any affairs that carry unnecessary risk to your nation. I would, however, caution you about...

Simriq stops suddenly. Looking around surreptitiously, he whispers to Nora, Perhaps this is not a matter to be discussed here. May we adjourn to a more... private discussion room? I assure you, there is no foul play intended.

At that moment, the guard that had moved toward the doors returns, hefting a large crown, still glowing from the forges, in an elegant birchwood box. The crown is made of copper, with the points crafted into the shape of spears, and clearly cost a fair sum. The guard stands at a respectful distance, clearing his throat to inform the High Chief of his presence. Simriq scowls at him. Yes, yes. The coronation can wait for a few moments: I wish to discuss a few more things with my fellow rulers. The guard stands, awkwardly shifting his weight from side to side.

Confusion crossed Yven's face as he glanced aside to Margravine Norá as if to ask, "Is this guy serious?"

"High Chief, with all due respect, I believe you are overstepping yourself." Yven said loudly as he stepped forwards. "There is a Yondari saying, 'Enemies are plentiful so there is no need to add to them.' I cannot speak for Regno, but I do understand that there are many justifiable reasons a leader could have to not attend an event such as this. To only attribute Regno's absence to foul intent implies that other absent nations such as Izbefe, and Dvalta, are being equally hostile towards Bhule and the north. I would advise contacting Regno yourself to see what options are on the table for your nations before committing to war."

The Prince looked to the representatives from Overvann and Whern momentarily as if to judge their reaction to the situation before adding. "If Bhule must continue down this path, then it will be done without the aid of the League. Our relations with Regno have been cordial, so we will not get drawn into a frivolous conflict when the very real threats of Krace, the Cinder Queen, and, now, Lindeen and her allies threaten my people"

A flame of rage flicks into the general's eyes, and his hand drifts dangerously close to the copper knife at his side before he manages to regain control of himself. I... understand your position, prince Yven, but understand this. We were not born yesterday. Do not condescend me again.

He steps away from Yven, lifting his hands into a nonthreatening position with a cautious look at the prince's guards. The High Chief does not want Regno as an enemy, and there is certainly no intent of a war that we cannot win. Unless our hand is forced, we will not make battle with the Sultanate. If they respond and show proper respect as befits a fellow nation, then we shall have no difficult relations.

Gaius Hermicus
2019-02-21, 08:35 PM
Blah blah blah coronation stuff.

I'd rather not bother typing out all the irrelevant rigmarole of the ceremony. Suffice it to say that Simriq has been officially coronated and announce High Chief of New Bhule. Since the round is over, I guess y'all are free to leave now, if you want.