PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed Is there any way to increase Healing Blast output?

Almostdead
2019-02-04, 08:26 PM
Eldritch Disciple

Gift of the Divine Patron (Su): At 1st level, you gain a sacred gift of power from your divine patron (who is also the source of your cleric spells and, directly or indirectly, your warlock invocations). Choose one of the following abilities at 1st level, and another ability every three levels thereafter (4th, 7th, and 10th level). You can spend one of your turn/rebuke undead attempts as a swift action to activate the chosen power.

Healing Blast: In place of applying an eldritch essence invocation to your eldritch blast, you can change it into a healing blast. The blast heals living creatures instead of dealing damage to them (the damage healed is equal to the damage normally dealt). Against undead, the healing blast deals damage as normal; against constructs or objects, the healing blast has no effect. Your deity must be non-evil for you to select this gift.

The problem is that most items that increase blast damage (except Clausible of Fell Power) require a swift action to activate. It contradictes with the swift action to activate healing blast.

Is there anyother way to increase healing blast output?

daremetoidareyo
2019-02-04, 08:28 PM
Extend supernatural ability from tome of magic?

Falontani
2019-02-04, 08:29 PM
Sneak attack... Actually though. Otherwise: empower spelllike ability, maximize, mortalbane

Thurbane
2019-02-04, 08:32 PM
Extend supernatural ability from tome of magic?

I think you might mean Empower Supernatural Ability, but yes, that should work nicely.

Once per day, you can empower a supernatural ability. When you use an empowered supernatural ability, all variable, numeric effects of the supernatural ability are increased by one-half.

Troacctid
2019-02-04, 08:35 PM
Sure. The easiest way is to use a blast shape like eldritch cone to hit more targets. Hellfire warlock is of course a classic way to boost damage. Quite a lot of feats will do it as well, including Mortalbane, Empower Spell-Like Ability, Maximize Spell-Like Ability, Knowledge Devotion, Ranged Spell Specialization, and Shape Soulmeld (Lucky Dice).

Thurbane
2019-02-04, 08:38 PM
Also, while not exactly increasing the amount of healing, an Amulet of Retributive Healing (MIC p.69) should allow you to benefit from the same amount of healing that you bestow, up to 3/day.

stack
2019-02-04, 10:46 PM
Eldritch glaive, combat reflexes, and allies running through your threatened area?

Hunter Noventa
2019-02-05, 08:41 AM
Sure. The easiest way is to use a blast shape like eldritch cone to hit more targets. Hellfire warlock is of course a classic way to boost damage. Quite a lot of feats will do it as well, including Mortalbane, Empower Spell-Like Ability, Maximize Spell-Like Ability, Knowledge Devotion, Ranged Spell Specialization, and Shape Soulmeld (Lucky Dice).

Doesn't Hellfire Blast kind of work as its own essence though? That would mean you couldn't stack them. But I'm away from my books so I might be wrong.

Telonius
2019-02-05, 09:45 AM
Sneak attack... Actually though.

In a game I'm in right now, I'm running an Eldritch Disciple who uses this tactic. (One level of Rogue plus Craven, Darkness Invocation, and Blend Into Shadows). Works nicely for increasing EB damage generally, not just Healing Blast.

Troacctid
2019-02-05, 01:38 PM
Doesn't Hellfire Blast kind of work as its own essence though? That would mean you couldn't stack them. But I'm away from my books so I might be wrong.
FYI, it's available online too. http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20061207a&page=3

It does not count as an eldritch essence.

daremetoidareyo
2019-02-05, 01:56 PM
Coup de gras? Use hideous blow with a ×4 weapon