PDA

View Full Version : Player Help What are some good Bard spells for hiding bodies

Darkship
2019-02-04, 09:00 PM
This is exactly what it sounds like. I'm an evil bard who works for a green dragon and i don't know how i'm going to hide bodies

BreaktheStatue
2019-02-05, 03:20 AM
What level?

Kaptin Keen
2019-02-05, 04:49 AM
Frankly, if the need to hide bodies is something that comes up regularly, maybe you're simply doing it wrong. Rather than leaving behind unfortunate evidence pointing to yourself, maybe you could arrange for spectacular accidents, or evidence pointing to someone else, or trick/convince someone else to do it, fake some reason to make one noble challenge another, or ... something along those lines. Particularly, I feel the bard class may be better suited to manipulation than on-the-spot dead body disappearing acts.

Spiritus
2019-02-05, 05:38 AM
This is exactly what it sounds like. I'm an evil bard who works for a green dragon and i don't know how i'm going to hide bodies

Prestidigitation is great for clean-up. Get rid of those pesky bloodstains, smells, fingerprints, etc.

Khedrac
2019-02-05, 07:16 AM
FIRST question - what game system?

Darkship
2019-02-05, 07:40 AM
FIRST question - what game system? 5e and
What level? 5th level

solidork
2019-02-05, 09:55 AM
You need to get your hands on the Mold Earth cantrip somehow. It will let you instantly dig/fill graves.

TrashTrash
2019-03-20, 04:52 PM
... Can you not just feed them to the dragon?

sophontteks
2019-03-20, 05:00 PM
Just shatter it until no one can recognize it. :smallcool:

Guy Lombard-O
2019-03-20, 05:06 PM
Frankly, if the need to hide bodies is something that comes up regularly, maybe you're simply doing it wrong. Rather than leaving behind unfortunate evidence pointing to yourself, maybe you could arrange for spectacular accidents, or evidence pointing to someone else, or trick/convince someone else to do it, fake some reason to make one noble challenge another, or ... something along those lines. Particularly, I feel the bard class may be better suited to manipulation than on-the-spot dead body disappearing acts.

I'm solidly in this camp.
1. Dope out some conflict you can enflame (detect thoughts, or disguise self/enhance ability:Cha and talk your way into the information),
2. Get others to do the deed (suggestion, modify memory), or otherwise manipulate, instigate and confuse the situation until you achieve the desired death.

Only when things have gone awry do you need mold earth & prestidigitation...unless you're helping your straw-man cover up the deed, in return for favors to be named later.

Minor illusion is good for temporary cover ups. Message is great for whispering poisonous information into the dupe's ear, your identity hopefully unseen and unknown to him.

MountainTiger
2019-03-20, 05:44 PM
It's not the most efficient, but I like the idea of picking up Animate Dead through the College of Lore's Additional Magical Secrets at level 6, then making your self-propelling corpse invisible and walking it to some place that needs more zombies.

LibraryOgre
2019-03-20, 05:54 PM
Animal Friendship/Speak with animals. Befriend some hungry pigs.

Locate Animals or Plants. Find yourself some hungry pigs.

If you don't need to hide them for long, Invisibility (it requires a LITTLE stretch, since they're no longer creatures). Invisibility + Prestidigitation (helping to hide their scent behind some really obnoxious perfume) can help you get them out of the place you killed them.

A little macabre and a bit more of an interpretation, how about a pocketful of wheat kernels or seeds, plus "Plant Growth"? Your DM probably won't let you get away with sticking a couple acorns in someone and burying their corpse under an explosion of oak trees, but it wouldn't be unreasonable for an agent of a green dragon to have something like kudzu cuttings that they plant on a corpse, then turn into a mess of vines.

Assuming you mean 5th level spells, there's always the "Weekend at Bernies" dream combo... Animate Objects and Magic Mouth. That should be good for two weeks (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XY5KTVA_2ys) or so..