PDA

View Full Version : Video Editing for Dummies

Palanan
2019-02-04, 10:10 PM
If I have a DVD with all the relevant scenes, is there software that I can use to cut them together? I have zero experience with this. I’ve watched a colleague use Final Cut Pro, but that’s way out of my league.

So, is there something simpler available? Something called OpenShot comes up on a quick search, but even that looks pretty involved, and I’m not sure if it can copy from a DVD.

LordEntrails
2019-02-04, 10:17 PM
I haven't done it in years. The first thing you are going to have to do is burn/rip the DVD to a different format on your computer. The software you are going to need might depend on how old the DVD is you are editing.

Don't know what editing software I would recommend, anything I used to use is probably not around anymore.

Kato
2019-02-05, 11:37 AM
Yes, the bigger issue might be to get the movie of the DVD depending on what format it is. That's not really what an editing software is for.

If you only want to cut the movie into sections basically any editing software should do. I remember using Live Movie Maker (or something close to this) which is pretty barebones but imo simple to use. Though this was like years ago.