PDA

View Full Version : If you could start a character with a 22 in one stat....

CTurbo
2019-02-05, 09:14 AM
What would you make?

I think Rogue or Druid first comes to mind, but I think I'd actually want to make a Lore Bard.

But really any full caster would be awesome with a boosted DC.

BigPixie
2019-02-05, 09:48 AM
Wizard. Pick A lot of different save spells and laugh at the goblin that fails.:smallsmile:

Hootman
2019-02-05, 09:52 AM
Paladin. Put the 22 in Charisma, go Devotion, use the power of faith and personal strength to outshine your otherwise unimpressive Strength and protect your allies under your +6 aura of saving throws.

CTurbo
2019-02-05, 10:13 AM
Paladin. Put the 22 in Charisma, go Devotion, use the power of faith and personal strength to outshine your otherwise unimpressive Strength and protect your allies under your +6 aura of saving throws.

Yeah good call a Paladin with 22 Cha would be crazy

Snowbluff
2019-02-05, 10:16 AM

I always wanted to make a Devotion Paladin/Hexblade/Bard/Swashbuckler. Just get Cha to Init, Attack (twice), damage, bardic inspiration uses, saves... seems pretty swell. Maybe be a dwarf after that for more HP.

tieren
2019-02-05, 10:18 AM
I'd put it in constitution with a Hill Dwarf Barbarian.

Hp for days...

Waazraath
2019-02-05, 10:20 AM
What would you make?

I think Rogue or Druid first comes to mind, but I think I'd actually want to make a Lore Bard.

But really any full caster would be awesome with a boosted DC.

Anything with int 22, just to be able to play my real life int for once, and not having to dumb down when playing a character that has only 20 or lower.

RogueJK
2019-02-05, 10:26 AM
Paladin with a Hexblade dip. 22 CHA.

Particle_Man
2019-02-05, 10:56 AM
Dex would be fun for me. Maybe monk but there are other dex options.

Blood of Gaea
2019-02-05, 11:06 AM
Vengeance Paladin would be awesome, and a great way to use your amazing stat to assist your whole party. After level 9, 11, or 12 I'd heavily consider multiclassing.

Spiritchaser
2019-02-05, 11:32 AM
I’d put in another vote for a hexadin

Bonus points if you went with decent Dex and can find a dragon mask

Zanthy1
2019-02-05, 11:39 AM
I'd put it on a character that only needed 2 amazing stats, so like a dex based melee guy or a castr that somehow can wear heavy armor.

Ideally: Dex based barbarian. 22 in constitution, probably play a hill dwarf for that bonus hp. I beleive that would be 19 HP at level 1? with second highest stat being dex, use ASIs to get that to 20 then take the tough feat, and then just feats for days

Snowbluff
2019-02-05, 11:51 AM
I'd put it on a character that only needed 2 amazing stats, so like a dex based melee guy or a castr that somehow can wear heavy armor.

Ideally: Dex based barbarian. 22 in constitution, probably play a hill dwarf for that bonus hp. I believe that would be 19 HP at level 1? with second highest stat being dex, use ASIs to get that to 20 then take the tough feat, and then just feats for days

I'm not sure about dex barbarian. I feel like a lot of the features that are useful only work with Str. I usally go 14 dex and medium armor. Unarmed defense would be like wearing plate doing this 14 dex.