PDA

View Full Version : Creating Maps for GMs

FilthyLucre
2019-02-05, 10:00 AM
Hey All,

I create maps for my own games using CC3 but I have recently been thinking about doing so for other GMs. I'd like to get in some practice as well as gauge whether or not anyone even uses other peoples maps. If you have a contained idea for a map you'd like please send me a message! I've included a picture of some of my unfinished work just as a reference. They're way too big to actually post to the forum so it's in the form of imgur link (https://imgur.com/a/nV79roB).

Kaptin Keen
2019-02-05, 10:39 AM
Oh, this is a very dangerous request. How many do you want? Can you make an illithid lair in an old silver mine? Think spawning chambers for horrid flesh beasts, an elderly pool, quarters for human .. 'recruits' .. chambers for the mind flayer overlord. How do illithid sleep - in a pool?

FilthyLucre
2019-02-05, 02:38 PM
Oh, this is a very dangerous request. How many do you want? Can you make an illithid lair in an old silver mine? Think spawning chambers for horrid flesh beasts, an elderly pool, quarters for human .. 'recruits' .. chambers for the mind flayer overlord. How do illithid sleep - in a pool?

So, the short answer is probably. One thing to especially bare in mind is I am not an artist, per ce. I'm more of a designer. I have a certain array of assets and tools available to me - but I don't actually hand draw things. It's really like... fantasy auto-cad if you're familiar.

Kaptin Keen
2019-02-06, 01:34 AM
So, the short answer is probably. One thing to especially bare in mind is I am not an artist, per ce. I'm more of a designer. I have a certain array of assets and tools available to me - but I don't actually hand draw things. It's really like... fantasy auto-cad if you're familiar.

Oh, I understand completely. But what do you mean by 'a contained idea' - how much detail do you need, would what I provided for the illithid lair be enough?