PDA

View Full Version : Werewolf Classic V - Recruiting!

The Valiant Turtle
2007-09-25, 07:34 PM
Well, here it is, the thread you've all been waiting for. It's recruiting time for the next game of Werewolf Classic! None of that silly money stuff to worry about, no house points to tabulate! Just twisted death scenes from two narrators who should probably both be locked up in a looney bin!

This particular installment shall be brought to you by Raldor (that's still me I think) and Zeb the Troll, who is that guy right over there!

Without any further adieu, here are the Rules!

[QOUTE=DM77]
Originally Posted by DM77
Here are the rules:

You have any given number of players, and as soon as I get enough for the current round, I will begin. I (or whomever the co-Narrator is) will PM each player with their role, which will be one of the following, determined randomly, without regard to what they have played in the past:

Villager: You are a villager. Your job is to stay alive, and ferret out the werewolves. Counts, obviously, as a villager.

Seer: Your job after night falls, is to PM the Narrator and co-Narrator to look into the heart of. You may or may not want to reveal who you are as you will be a target for the werewolves to kill, and may be accused of being the Devil, or even possibly the fool. When you select a player, the answer given to you will be villager, fool, or werewolf. Seers see the Devil as a Werewolf.

Werewolf: Your job after night falls, is to lie, deceive, and cajole the villagers into not voting for you. PM the narrator with your vote on whom to kill. The Narrator will PM you with whomever is the other werewolf (or werewolves) is (or are), so you can coordinate a vote, and send the narrator your final vote. You, obviously, count as a werewolf. If there is a tie between the werewolves, that the lycanthropes cannot resolve (as to who will be killed), simply PM the Narrator and co-Narrator, and one of us will be the tie breaker. As we are all mature adults here, we hope that it will never come to this rare happenstance.

Now, this is the minimum cast of characters. We will be playing with a slightly added cast:

Mason: Your job is to ferret out the werewolves, and to protect your fellow Mason(s). There will always be a minimum of 2 Masons in a group. Your votes count as villagers.

Fool: Thinks he is a seer. Is told that he is a seer. When a fool gets his foresight; in the evening, he gets a random chance as to what he sees when he points somebody out. When he points to the Seer, he will always see the Fool, and visa versa. Counts as a villager

Baner: This person is the carrier of the wolvesbane. His job is to protect someone he believes is a villager, from the nightly killings of the werewolves. Counts as a villager.

Devil: Is basically the seer for the werewolves. Counts as a werewolf.

You may recall, I spoke several times about a counting as a and votes. Well, it is simple. Once the majority has voted for one person, that person is lynched. Night falls, and it begins again. The lynched person is out, and can make comments, but nothing that could influence a vote. When a lynching happens, it is revealed as to which position the person was. After this, night falls, morning follows, and it begins again...

Victory Conditions:

[I]For the villagers to win, the villagers must kill all of the werewolves.

For the werewolves to win, they must simply reduce the number of villagers to equal their current numbers.

Things to keep in mind:
Yes, werewolves may lie about being the seer.
Yes, werewolves can (and have, in my experience) kill the Devil.
Yes, Masons get killed for protecting a brother Mason, as others may see it as a werewolf protecting a werewolf.[/QUOTE]

Recruitment will probably be open for a week or so, but I'll probably limit it to 50 players! Sign up now or you might not get that grisly death scene that will give you nightmares for the rest of your life!

Players: 35

Alarra
Almighty Salmon
Andre Fairchilde
banjo1985
B-man
Castaras
CurlyKitGirl
DarkCorax
detrevnisisiht
douglas
dragonprime
Eldritch Knight
Emperor Demonking
evnafets
Ezlo
Fleeing Coward
Freshmeat
Gnome Barbarian
huyneo
HyramGraff
Indurain
Kantur
Khaldan
llama
Lord Magtok
Pwenet
radikalskippy
Raiser B1ade
Shadow
Smellie Hippie
Thecrimsonmage
Traveling Angel
Vonriel
whitehelm
Zar Peter

DraPrime
2007-09-25, 07:39 PM
Just want to point out that this should be in the Structured Games forums.

Khaldan
2007-09-25, 07:40 PM
ZOMG IN! *pulls out shadow beating stick*

Eldritch Knight
2007-09-25, 07:41 PM
I'm so In.

@^^ It is supposed to be there, but you need permission to start a thread there.

evnafets
2007-09-25, 07:41 PM
Sigh. Another one to sign up for. Cannot resist.

IN!

smellie_hippie
2007-09-25, 07:42 PM
I'll play this one. You may have the market cornered on "grisley death scenes", but I get to give the kids nightmares! :smallamused:

Alarra
2007-09-25, 07:46 PM
Okay, I'll be in.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-09-25, 07:51 PM
I think we need a new llamatar contest
I'll be in

Eldritch Knight
2007-09-25, 07:52 PM
Here's a suggestion, Llama:

Humanoid Llama.

Fleeing Coward
2007-09-25, 07:52 PM
In, can't resist good old fashioned WW without all the twists.

Andre Fairchilde
2007-09-25, 07:58 PM
In. Unless I come back and say "Not In." For now, in. Probably.

Kantur
2007-09-25, 08:05 PM
Oooh oooh, in!

Lord Magtok
2007-09-25, 08:26 PM
I'll join in.

Raiser Blade
2007-09-25, 08:31 PM
*Points at self

I'm in

huyneo
2007-09-25, 08:40 PM
I will come in....
*pulls out shotgun*
oh wait....

Douglas
2007-09-25, 08:41 PM
"In".10 chars

Pwenet
2007-09-25, 08:55 PM
*Bamf*

In of course!

DraPrime
2007-09-25, 09:35 PM
Did I mention that I'm in?

B-Man
2007-09-25, 09:35 PM
WWC at full steam?! SIGN ME UP!!!!

HyramGraff
2007-09-25, 09:36 PM
I'm in. This should be fun.

Indurain
2007-09-25, 09:37 PM
Damnit...What horrible timing...but I'm still IN.

whitehelm
2007-09-25, 09:39 PM
In, in, in.

Traveling_Angel
2007-09-25, 11:00 PM
Points at Raiser B1ade

In as well.

Castaras
2007-09-26, 02:27 AM
<insert "I'm in" related comments here>

Almighty Salmon
2007-09-26, 04:06 AM
Well let's see.. I'm in Camp Sleeps Alot, Ye olde west II, Vampire Renfield Masquerade, Rockstar and with Mafia and Zombie Invasion to come.

What the heck, count me in.

detrevnisisiht
2007-09-26, 05:37 AM
i is in .

Zar Peter
2007-09-26, 06:53 AM
I'm in! And nothing more to add.

Crimmy
2007-09-26, 08:25 AM
I'm in too
its my first game, so i wanna learn as much as i can

------Total support to CurlyKitGirl----------
I know squid bones don't exist.

banjo1985
2007-09-26, 08:29 AM
Ah what the hey, I can just about fit in another game, count me in!

Freshmeat
2007-09-26, 09:52 AM
Definitely in.

CurlyKitGirl
2007-09-26, 10:24 AM
There is a statement there that implies that the forumite known as Curly is in.

Vonriel
2007-09-26, 11:01 AM
I sometimes wish I had the verbal capacities of a lawyer, so I could confuse everyone with a page-long paragraph that essentially says "I'm in."

DarkCorax
2007-09-26, 11:25 AM
*Is in.*

Ezlo
2007-09-26, 11:59 AM
Eh, one more can't hurt. Make me some Meatloaf and I'm in.:smalltongue:

Emperor Demonking
2007-09-26, 12:01 PM
Sign me up.

Shadow
2007-09-26, 01:50 PM
ZOMG IN! *pulls out shadow beating stick*Well I guess now I have to play so that I can show you what a foolish mistake that was to ever even think, let alone actually say....

On that note. I'd like to formally request right now that the Baner protect me on night one so that I may have the slightest chance to play this game at all.

Come on....
Ya know ya want to!

Gnome Barbarian
2007-09-26, 02:33 PM
I am in and starting from this game forth i will take back my spot as the one who gets killed the first day/night. As I was away I allowed Shadow to take my place but the time has come to take my throne back.

Andre Fairchilde
2007-09-26, 02:37 PM
I'm in too
its my first game, so i wanna learn as much as i can

------Total support to CurlyKitGirl----------
I know squid bones don't exist.

My recommendation - get MSN. Having the ability to chat... priceless when compared with a lynching.

Shadow
2007-09-26, 02:40 PM
I'm in too
its my first game, so i wanna learn as much as i canPM me when the game starts.
I'll teach you everything you'd ever want to know.

You may learn some of it the hard way though....

MWUAAHAAAHAAAAA!!!

Skippy
2007-09-26, 02:52 PM
OK, I'm in as well... I fought hard but cannot resist...

CurlyKitGirl
2007-09-26, 02:54 PM
Or you could learn it as you go.

And now I have a theory to expopund:
The rule of Shadow: If he is alive by night three lynch him to be on the safe side. This is well known and has some basis in truth.

After observing my own participation in WW games I'd like o propose a new rule:
The rule of Curly: The longer the game is expected to run, the shorter Curly will last in the game.
Proof: YOW II (lasted what, three/four days?), Camp, (roughly same time) and to prove the converse: AI II (lasted all game; intended to last a month to 6 weeks), Rebellion; survived till end (intended to last up to six weeks); WWVIII, survived till end (intended to last up to 6 weeks). This should not be a rule until more proof has been found.
Call it a potential theory.:smallwink:

Zar Peter
2007-09-26, 02:57 PM
Rule of Curly: No matter which Werwolf game she's in, she is NOT a ordinary villager! NEVER!

Castaras
2007-09-26, 02:59 PM
Rule of Werewolf: People keep making up rules like this that are just pure speculation, and while there may be a very small amount of truth in them, they're still silly.

:smallwink:

Skippy
2007-09-26, 03:07 PM
Or you could learn it as you go.

And now I have a theory to expopund:
The rule of Shadow: If he is alive by night three lynch him to be on the safe side. This is well known and has some basis in truth.

I don't like it at all. Sometimes he is a good guy and we lynch him just because he is really too good for his own good... I say we should scry him right away and then remove all doubt about him. That way we ensure the victory.

CurlyKitGirl
2007-09-26, 03:20 PM
Rule of Werewolf: People keep making up rules like this that are just pure speculation, and while there may be a very small amount of truth in them, they're still silly.

:smallwink:

Yep.
The rule of Cassie: If she's a cute animal, especially a kitten, lynch her immediately.:smallbiggrin:

Gnome Barbarian
2007-09-26, 03:53 PM
Ohhh I like this game....

The Rule of Fuzzy Animals: This rule is an amendment to the rule of Cassie. If said player is in any way, shape, or form a type of creature in which you may have an uncontrollable urge to pet, snuggle with or in any way, shape or form be friendly to lynch it immediatly. This rule includes but is not exclusive to cats, mice or llamas.

On a side note even if creature turns out to not be a werewolf, mafia member, pirate, alien or any other evil being it is better off that they are gone for they would just break your heart in the end anyways.

Zar Peter
2007-09-26, 04:02 PM
I would include cute little children, too!

Crimmy
2007-09-26, 04:03 PM
The rule of Rule:
Could we stop talking about ruels and how do they work??:confused:

Andre Fairchilde
2007-09-26, 04:29 PM
PM me when the game starts.
I'll teach you everything you'd ever want to know.

You may learn some of it the hard way though....

MWUAAHAAAHAAAAA!!!

Hmmm... I wonder who did that? :smallbiggrin:

Shadow
2007-09-26, 04:54 PM
I don't like it at all. Sometimes he is a good guy and we lynch him just because he is really too good for his own good... I say we should scry him right away and then remove all doubt about him. That way we ensure the victory.Thank you for that, but while you're busy scrying me, I'm busy being killed by the bad guys....
:wink:

Eldritch Knight
2007-09-26, 05:10 PM
Thank you for that, but while you're busy scrying me, I'm busy being killed by the bad guys....
:wink:

Oddly enough, I seem to always be involved in this, one way or another. It seems more often than not, Shadow and I simply can't trust each other, because we're always looking for the knife to fall into our backs. (Don't worry Shadow, mines nice and sharp. :D)

evnafets
2007-09-26, 05:23 PM
I would include cute little children, too!

Mr Peter! How could you say such a thing?
Why would you want to lynch us? why? why?
Don't you like cute little children Mr Peter?
It wasn't me who threw the stone that broke your kitchen window - honest!

I'm gonna tell my teacher on you. You're a BAD MAN!
Miss Rose! Miss Rose! Mr Peter doesn't like me!

The Valiant Turtle
2007-09-26, 05:42 PM
The first post has been updated with the players list. Everyone double check to make sure you're on it if you've signed up so far.

EDIT: now in alphabetical order. (V good idea, thanks)

Shadow
2007-09-26, 06:01 PM
It's easier to use if it's in alphabetical order.
No.
I don't have OCD....:smallbiggrin:
Alarra
Almighty Salmon
Andre Fairchilde
Atreyu the Msked Llama
B-man
banjo1985
Castaras
CurlyKitGirl
DarkCorax
detrevnisisiht
douglas
dragonprime
Eldritch Knight
Emperor Demonking
evnafets
Ezlo
Fleeing Coward
Freshmeat
Gnome Barbarian
huyneo
HyramGraff
Indurain
Kantur
Khaldan
Lord Magtok
Pwenet
radikalskippy
Raiser B1ade
Shadow
Smellie Hippie
Thecrimsonmage
Traveling Angel
Vonriel
whitehelm
Zar Peter

North
2007-09-26, 06:13 PM
There is no player signed up yet starting with the letter "N".

Ill sign up because this cannot stand!

Zar Peter
2007-09-27, 12:40 AM
Mr Peter! How could you say such a thing?
Why would you want to lynch us? why? why?
Don't you like cute little children Mr Peter?
It wasn't me who threw the stone that broke your kitchen window - honest!

I'm gonna tell my teacher on you. You're a BAD MAN!
Miss Rose! Miss Rose! Mr Peter doesn't like me!

Oh, I like little children, little evvie! But I also know how eeeevil they can be (I have three of this sort). Believe me, it's better to lynch them first before they can do too much trouble! (And I saw you, your parents will have to pay for the window, promised!)

The Valiant Turtle
2007-09-27, 10:47 AM
This humble narrator needs some R&R before he starts this game and will be out of town this weekend (likely not actually getting any R&R).

If totally huge amounts of additional people start signing up Zeb may cut off recruitment at his discretion. I figure most people have signed up that are going to sign up, so I doubt that will be necessary.

We will probably start the game the middle of next week.

Helgraf
2007-09-27, 10:36 PM
Oh, I so want to play ... just hope I can keep up what with running Vampire and all. ;)

Jontom Xire
2007-09-28, 02:16 AM
In although I won't be very active for a few weeks until I finish some of my other games.

Or get killed. I'm in quite a lot of games at the moment because I joined a lot in expectation of getting killed early, but it doesn't seem to be happening.

And that's not a request, ok everyone?

CurlyKitGirl
2007-09-28, 07:03 AM
In although I won't be very active for a few weeks until I finish some of my other games.

Or get killed. I'm in quite a lot of games at the moment because I joined a lot in expectation of getting killed early, but it doesn't seem to be happening.

And that's not a request, ok everyone?

Note to self: Kill JX and Shadow first thing.

Crimmy
2007-09-28, 08:24 PM
... looking at that postby Jontom Xire, i think i wont be able to check-in all that often either, but i'll try not to get killed:biggrin:

hehe, by the way, does anyone here knows anything about Castlevania CoD??
i need some hAlp..... please? pleasepleasepleasepleasplease.......?
please PM me for info, and i mean it when i say i need hAlp.....

DarkLightDragon
2007-09-28, 11:44 PM
I haven't played Classic for a while... in!

And while I'm at it...

I CALL DIBS ON CAPTAIN OF THE GUARD!

:smallbiggrin:

Endeavourl
2007-09-29, 02:41 AM
I'll Join :smallsmile:

Cult_of_the_Raven
2007-09-29, 09:50 AM
Oo. pick me! I'm so in.

Golden the wyrmling bounds into the village, looking for some fun. she trips over a rock and falls flat on her nose, wings splayed awkwardly.

PirateMonk
2007-09-29, 10:02 AM
In. *Generic joining comment.*

Castaras
2007-09-30, 02:55 PM
Gonna have to back out of this one, life is getting complicated.

Ariko
2007-10-02, 12:21 PM
Why not..I'l give it a try. First structured message board game :smallredface:

Vonriel
2007-10-02, 12:39 PM
Since it's your first, I suggest you familiarize yourself with the rules. This is really the best type to learn on, you know.

A couple tips: Don't join if you can't be here at least once per day. While technically you can get away with being here once every other day, you miss out on a lot if you can't check up on things. Also, claiming you're innocent and trying to argue why you should be saved pretty much never works.

That's about it.

Supagoof
2007-10-02, 12:41 PM
No. No more Llamas! I can't keep coming up with roles for all of them, and Llama Llama Duck is about to start soon! Bad Atreyu! Stop that. Organizing stuff is difficult enough as it is. Never mind the fact that Ceika keeps adding Llamatars to the ranch. Hi Ceika!

And to EK and Shadow....why not throw a 3rd variant into this game. Someone who knows your moves and anticipates your methods. Someone who has been in the games from when they were started. A devilishly good looking guy with enough charisma to go around.

No, not Indurain! :smallfurious: I'm talking about me. :smallbiggrin:

And to start with - if the alpha picks me to be on their team. Your mistake. I will sink your battleship! I don't want a role. :smallamused:

Or maybe I will sink your battleship even without a role. :smallwink:

*Begins gathering explosives.....*

Vonriel
2007-10-02, 12:43 PM
Somewhere in that random drivel I got the message that you want to get rid of the werewolves. Can I help?

The Valiant Turtle
2007-10-03, 11:11 AM
I was hoping to start the game today, or at least get roles assigned and handed out, but my wife just up and accepted a new job 8 hours away from here, so it appears I'm going to be moving in the near future.

I might be able to still co-narrate this, but I think it would be better if I allowed someone else to step up if they are interested. I'll give it a day or two, if no-one steps up I'll do my best to go with this.

Of course, if Zeb wants to go it alone he's welcome too, but since he already has Hogwarts on his plate I doubt he wants that.

Zeb The Troll
2007-10-03, 11:06 PM
I'll take over the lead on this so that it can keep moving forward. Give me a day or two to get roles assigned and sent out, then I'll start a new thread for the game.

Shadow
2007-10-03, 11:52 PM
Zb, if Raldor really needs some time to take care of personal things, I'd be willing to take over co- with you.
Decide amongst yourselves and let me know.
It'll be a stretch, but I think I can handle it, as long as I don't sign up for any more games any time soon. Let me know.

Zeb The Troll
2007-10-04, 02:03 AM
Thanks, Shadow!

Everyone, roles have gone out. If you did not get a PM explaining your role send Shadow and me a PM immediately. I expect to have the game thread up tomorrow sometime.

Zeb The Troll
2007-10-07, 12:26 AM
The game thread is now up. Get pointing!