PDA

View Full Version : Dalcar's Designs (reboot) IC

MikelaC1
2019-02-05, 07:19 PM
placeholder

MikelaC1
2019-02-05, 08:35 PM
The day before the Ball, the two women return to Lon Salono to be measured and have their creations completed. In the back room, they notice about 5 dresses that are close to being finished, but not yet done, and the two dresses that are clearly for them, and even on the mannequins, they are stunning. True to his word, when you look at them straight on, they are right on the edge of being scandalously revealing yet not quite over the line, but when seen out of the corner of the eye with a quick glance, they seem to show everything. Neckbreakers indeed.
Moments later, Cadok comes in Whose first?

](in Draconic, which Im sure Mirth understands, and Cadok does not)
You go first, and make sure his attention is fully focused on you

"<Just hand him over to me once it's time to pay.>" Mirth likewise answers in low draconic before stepping up. "Sorry, just hashing things out. Me first, please, I've been waiting for this for so long, Master Cadok." The young noblewoman beams, with that rosy tint of anticipation on her cheeks, reminding Cadok of a very memorable dream he recently had, involving her.

Cassiopia waits until Mirth has Cadok's undivided attention and then she moves very slowly and quietly to the unfinished creations. A little sabotage is in order, a loose thread teased out just a bit more so that it will unravel when the dress is put on...a little tear that will cause the same issue...a small flaw added that will ruin the whole appearance. Their creations are going to be the last ones that Cadok finishes for this Ball...and depending on who she has sabotaged, it could mean curtains for Cadok

Cadok finishes his measurements and adjusts the dress on the mannequin. He then slides it off the dummy and hands it out to Mirth to try on, while waiting for Cassiopia to get in place. When Mirth dons the garment, she finds that it fits like a glove, maybe even tighter than a glove and one look at herself in the mirror, she sees a stunning figure looking back at her.

Mirth does admire herself for a moment. The dress does remind her a little of the more ethereal garments worn in fey circles these mortals can't even imagine (oh, to possess one of the dreams a fey queen dresses herself in). Really, mortal fashion with all its little rules and limitations. Adorable. But this will suffice, given their limited imagination.

Her character, meanwhile, blushes and is left speechless, but her confidence seems to grow at the same time because of the boldness of the garment, adopting a few poses to see how the dress looks (and giving Cadok something to look at).

"Oh, Master Cadok, how can I ever thank you enough for this masterpiece?" And Mirth knows exactly how he thinks she can do just that. It's not a question of "if", Mirth is more interested in seeing if she can reduce the price to nothing, and then take even more. The man is already a lost cause as far as evading the grasp of Nocticula goes, so the pixie has to get some entertainment out of it somehow, as there is no challenge involved whatsoever.

While Cadok goes on to measure and dress Cassiopia, Mirth always just so happens to be in his peripheral. Sometimes he might think he sees her motions grow more and more lascivious and suggestive, only to see normal behavior when his eyes flick to her, just as the fabric hides the skin beneath.

Debbie_D1
2019-02-06, 09:50 AM
Cassiopia steps up onto the dias for Cadok to take her measurements. When he starts to handle her, it looks for all the world like she is enjoying it immensely, squirming and giggling constantly and making sure his hands never lose contact with her. Not even Mirth can tell that she is faking it all, and maybe she isn't.
[roll0]

Ridai
2019-02-06, 06:25 PM
Mirth grins internally and bites her lip externally as Cassiopia plays Cadok like an instrument, the young noblewoman (out of the corner of his eye) looking like she is squirming as well, filled with longing to be in Cassiopia's place. Oh, how misplaced his hopes of being with the half-succubus are, but only very few men are lucky enough to enjoy her attentions (usually followed by a life of unknowing servitude or misfortune, but Mirth doubts anyone of them has ever cursed that particular memory).

For now, Mirth bides her time, having Cadok perfect Cassie's vampire mistress dress, the pixie just as eager to see her dear friend in it.

MikelaC1
2019-02-06, 07:09 PM
Cassie has Cadok completely under her spell (and not even the magical variety). He manages to pull himself together enough to finish her dress and pulls it off the mannequin, giving it to her to try on. Without even batting an eyelash, Cassie strips out of her current robes, the way Cadok's eyes pop is almost enough to make Mirth laugh, and then she sees Cassie in it...even without the make up she knows she will add, she already looks exactly like archetype vampiress.

Ridai
2019-02-07, 07:33 PM
Mirth certainly enjoys Cassie's new look. As for herself, she effortlessly slips into her roll as Cassiopia's vampiric handmaiden and companion, soon side-by-side with her.

"Oh Mistress, you look, mmh, irresistible," Mirth purrs, voice adopting a sultry tone and slight accent, her closeness to Cassie giving Cadok so much to look at, thoughts no doubt involving both of them. She glances to Cadok, the little act making the room feel a lot warmer for him all of a sudden.

"Are you pleased with Master Cadok's work, Mistress? If so, would you like me to..." Cadok spots the blonde noblewoman-turned-vampiress licking her lips, slowly, and questions whether he just spotted a sharp incisor, adding a little enticing "danger" to her. "reward him for his services?"

Debbie_D1
2019-02-08, 08:44 AM
I am very, very pleased replies Cassie...in a tone that promises so much more. But you know, its been so long since I have tasted something that I truly enjoy... and with that, the half succubus appears to become that much sexier, inspiring that much more lust in Cadok, and even though all of her effort is focused on Cadok, Mirth cannot help but get caught in the undertow. She advances slowly on the dressmaker Im going to make all of your wildest dreams come true, Cadok, just for you

activating Sisterhood CHA boost

Ridai
2019-02-08, 12:23 PM
Mirth lets herself get swept up in Cassie's radiance. The best act is the truth, slightly twisted at one's leisure, after all. As Cassie closes in, Mirth uses Cadok being entirely focused on the half-succubus to slip behind him, feeling her body against his back and her hands roaming. His every sensation grows more intense (once again that miraculous touch of the young noblewoman), increasing Cassie's effect on him even further, with the disguised pixie the perfect partner for her Nocticulan friend's play.

Meanwhile, she uses the chance to search Cadok's mind for everything he knows about the other women who got dresses made by him and who are going to have a very bad night at the ball. Also who got told no because of the dresses he made for Cassie and Mirth. And while she is at it, why not look for his dirtiest little secrets and turn-ons. Mirth so loves to thumb through mortal minds, so ashamed by so many things they try to keep hidden.

Assuming Mirth will get to rest before the ball, she casts Hedonist's Delight on Cadok. She hides her spellcasting via Sleight of Hand, as per Races of Stone p. 133
Sleight of Hand (take better) [roll0] [roll1]

She will also cast Probe Thoughts (Will DC 29, CL 13) on Cadok in order to learn detailed information about these other women who got dresses made by Cadok and who he had to tell that they won't get any dresses. And what his deepest, dirtiest secrets and kinks. If I am reading this spell correctly, Cadok isn't aware of the probing and does not need to talk in any way, Mirth just getting the answers from his memories.
Sleight of Hand to disguise casting (take better) [roll2] [roll3]

MikelaC1
2019-02-08, 02:13 PM
Cassie closes in on the totally bedazzled Cadok and begins to kiss him. While her kisses lack the killing power of her full-blooded cousins, they still carry their own degree of danger, sapping enough life force to cause unconsciousness...and they still have the power enflame the blood of a mortal into accepting more, heedless of the danger. Cadok does not have nearly the life force of typical adventurer and thus only one or two kisses are enough to send him into dreamland. Of course, its a sleep that will last for some time, putting his schedule further behind.
Mirth gets a couple of names, none that she really recognizes, although she knows her friend Cassie is more up to date on the rankings and positionings of Daystor nobility, names of women that have already been told no, and the 3 women whose dresses Cassie has already sabotaged. Anything more is not possible, as the dressmaker simply doesn't have the strength to hold out against the succubus drain.

Debbie_D1
2019-02-08, 02:16 PM
Pity, he was only a small snack. Hardly what you would call satisfying. She puts the silk sack that Dalcar gave to pay them back into her purse He wont be missing this, we can get a few small jewelry items as accent pieces and Xenia does a fantastic job with make up, she owes me one.

Ridai
2019-02-08, 08:10 PM
"Nothing interesting in his memories, either," Mirth says, seeming rather miffed, listing the few names outside the already known ones to check Cassie. It's the worst outcome: a dull one. "Oh well, lead the way."

Debbie_D1
2019-02-08, 11:27 PM
(Just so you know, the know:royalty roll and info was passed off screen)

Cassie listens to the names, ticking them off as she hears them. Not entirely useless. All of the most important people had their dresses weeks ago, knowing they would be invited, but its the lesser lights who are going to be out of luck. Interestingly, we have sabotaged the dress of Count Stalock's wife but Baron Terowich's wife's is almost complete. That will look good on the schemer, so I think we should circle back on our strategy to pit them against each other, you take one and I'll take the other.

Ridai
2019-02-09, 12:34 PM
"Hmm, wives. Well, all the better. I'll send Lady Stalock a naughty little dream involving me that'll have her all out of sorts and tired at the ball, while both suffer a few little embarassing mishaps. I'll come in as a sympathetic soul, expressing congratulations on Stalock's recent ascension to his station and helping poor Lady Stalock. Once I am in their good graces, I'll quietly warn them about Terowich's schemes, aiming to sabotage them at every step, also responsible for the misfortune that befell Lady Stalock and her dress, and that I am there to help them against such a villain, but if they immediately go public with that, Terowich will just deny have ammunition against them because of trying to smear him. We'll keep in touch via telepathic bond, until we make the public confrontation happen, with Terowich crashing and burning, and you with having helped expose Terowich. I'd like to seduce both Stalock and his wife, programming them to reinforce each other when it comes to trusting and supporting us. Do you have any concrete plans for Terowich and his wife? I know that mortals have their silly idea of fidelity and they just love to talk about who cheated with whom, so if you need someone (in a different disguise, of course) to be caught with either of them, just let me know."

Debbie_D1
2019-02-10, 08:24 PM
Cassiopia leads the way to a jewelry store she knows. As they go, she explains something to Mirth. Because of the profit margins jewelers and goldsmiths make, they can afford protections against enchantment spells. While I have powers that can punch past those defenses, we can still be traced and its not a fight we want. Nothing says we cant be sweet and charming to them, however. As they walk, she checks the bag that Dalcar gave them, seeing as they didnt have to pay for the dresses, and their make up will be free from Xenia, their jewelry budget just got a bit better.

Ridai
2019-02-11, 04:29 AM
Mirth's question goes ignored (improvisation it is, then) and the patient smile she gives Cassie when she starts explaining gives the half-succubus the sense that she is preaching to the choir. Ah well, Cassie just looking out for Mirth, no harm done. She enters the jewelry store.

MikelaC1
2019-02-11, 07:21 AM
Cassie finds that the bag contains 10000 (GP worth) in platinum, meaning both of them can spend up to 5000 gold on their pieces. While that clearly wont be as lavish as some noble's decorations, they are themselves their own best decorations.

Ridai
2019-02-12, 06:48 AM
Thinking about her role has a vampiric handmaiden (no half-assing here, there's a degree of professional pride involved), Mirth decides to add a translucent veil covering the lower half of her face and buys herself an assortment of golden accessories for her black dress for the contrast. Small chains to line the upper edge of the veil and disappearing in her disguise's golden hair, a golden choker (with something like a necklace emerging from it, guiding the eye lower), and golden armbands for her upper arms. When putting together her whole outfit, she assumes a graceful pose standing straight up, head slightly bowed and fingertips touching while pointing downwards, with seemingly not even the tiniest sound when standing or moving, and when standing still, there is not the slightest tremor. It gives her an otherworldly feel, Mirth doing a lot of work with her eyes, her posture, and the hint of the lines of her mouth, quietly drawing eyes and interest and intrigue. With Cassiopia certain to have a lot more immediate and stronger impact on everyone around her at the ball, this suits Mirth well, allowing her to be noticed, but still work in more quiet ways as she puts her hooks into Count and Lady Stalock.

Of course, Mirth doesn't need to play an additional role atop her young noblewoman. But she likes her layered performances, and this is far more likely to draw attention when she wants to than yet another pretty young woman.

Debbie_D1
2019-02-12, 08:27 AM
Seeing as Mirth is going minimalist, Cassie opts for a slightly splashier ensemble, also in gold, which compliments her golden circlet already owned. The centerpiece of her purchases is a necklace with a single larger diamond, the necklace being of such a length that the gem just happens to rest in her cleavage, drawing attention there. She deliberately makes sure her purchases (and those of Mirth) come to more than 5000 each, aiming for about 7000 each for a total of 14K, and while she cant use overt magic, her sultry style of bargaining is sure to get what both of them want for that price.

[roll0]

MikelaC1
2019-02-13, 07:49 AM
The jeweler is not exactly putty in Cassiopia's hands but he is dazzled by her enough that she is able to secure the reduced price that she seeks for hers and Mirth's purchases and they are able to leave without issue.