PDA

View Full Version : Open Hand Lizardfolk Monk

CTurbo
2019-02-06, 06:59 AM
I'm thinking about making the above combo that tail whips enemies prone or knocks them back 15ft. I've long been wanting to play a Lizardfolk Monk anyway.

Having to start off with a 14 Dex is going to hurt, but won't be the end of the world. I'm just not going to have room for any feats.

I was thinking 10 Str, 14 Dex, 16 Con, 10 Int, 16 Wis, 8 Cha with at the very least the first two ASIs going to +2 Dex and the third going to +2 Wis. I figure other than a few crafted spears for throwing, he wouldn't carry hardly anything with him, and rely mostly on biting and tail whipping for attacks.

Is there anything else fun I could do with this character? I don't really want to multiclass, but I do love a small Ranger or Cleric dip for Monks, but I also figured that this guy would need as many ki as he could get.

I may hold this character off until I have the opportunity to roll stats.

Zhorn
2019-02-06, 07:17 AM
...that tail whips enemies prone or knocks them back 15ft...
Just for clarification, is this a homebrew feature or a feat from a supplement?

edit: my bad, Open Handed Technique. Tail whip is just RP fluff.
Was thinking "Is there a racial feat I haven't seen? How do Lizardfolk do that"

CTurbo
2019-02-06, 07:22 AM
Just for clarification, is this a homebrew feature or a feat from a supplement?

edit: my bad, Open Handed Technique. Tail whip is just RP fluff.
Was thinking "Is there a racial feat I haven't seen? How do Lizardfolk do that"

Yeah I figure tail whip would make for awesome unarmed attacks

Zhorn
2019-02-06, 07:33 AM
Hey, if you're not going to play up combat with some RP flavor, then what's the point? :smallbiggrin:

I'm just not going to have room for any feats.
Should hardly hurt at all. Beyond Mobile and Lucky, there's barely any feats worth your time as a Open Hand Monk.

CTurbo
2019-02-06, 07:51 AM
Hey, if you're not going to play up combat with some RP flavor, then what's the point? :smallbiggrin:

Should hardly hurt at all. Beyond Mobile and Lucky, there's barely any feats worth your time as a Open Hand Monk.

I really like Ritual Caster for Monks IF you have the stats for it of course.