PDA

View Full Version : 5th Level Druid Spells: Plant Focused

Ruethgar
2019-02-06, 10:14 AM
What are some good 5th level druid spells, particularly ones that are plant focused? I used imarvin tpa for 0-4 and then it suddenly decided to stop loading. These are mostly for thematic of plant/weather druid, not looking for power.

liquidformat
2019-02-06, 02:46 PM
AFB but awaken, baleful polymorph, control winds, death ward, tree stride, and transmute rock to mud/mud to rock are all great choices.

Uncle Pine
2019-02-06, 05:32 PM
There are planty such options at 5th level: druid grove, fireward, ice flowers, plant body, tree stride, and wall of thorns. As well as summon nature's ally V if you have Greenbound Summoning. Dragon #357 also has an ACF for druids that trades the animal companion for a plant companion.

Hackulator
2019-02-06, 06:08 PM
Dragon #357 also has an ACF for druids that trades the animal companion for a plant companion.

This just gave me the image of a druid running around with a potted plant.

Uncle Pine
2019-02-06, 06:33 PM

Shouldn't all druids do that by default so that they can always entangle without a second thought?

daremetoidareyo
2019-02-06, 08:04 PM
Shouldn't all druids do that by default so that they can always entangle without a second thought?

Make an immovable rod out of livewood, and ask your DM for some entanglement bonuses

Remuko
2019-02-06, 10:04 PM

I think Quertus said they played as a sentient potted plant before.

ShurikVch
2019-02-07, 09:21 AM
Also: Blood Creepers, Jungle's Rapture, Poison Thorns, Rejuvenation Cocoon, Seed of Life, Spore Cloak, Vine Mine, and Wood Rot

And check the Initiate of Nature feat (Player's Guide to Faerūn)

Ruethgar
2019-02-07, 09:50 AM
Only get 5, going with druid Grove, Jungle’s Rapture, Awaken, Tree Stride, Commune With Nature. Thank you for the suggestions. Going to love turning people into trees hehe.

Captain Planet! (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TwJaELXadKo)

ericgrau
2019-02-07, 05:33 PM
Wall of thorns is one of my favorites. Unlike other "wall" spells it's more like an AOE barrier than a line barrier. It takes a huge strength check to make much progress at all. You need a str of 20+ to have a chance, preferably 30-40+. Other ways of breaking through it take MINUTES. It's a great no save, no SR, just lose entrapment spell. Almost like a limited duration near-forcecage.

Tree stride is pretty good too. Combine with tree feather token(s) to make your own teleport points.