PDA

View Full Version : Teleporting Steed?

Talionis
2019-02-06, 12:49 PM
Are there any Find Steed or Find Greater Steed targets that can teleport? Just thinking of ways to move around the Paladin Aura.

BigPixie
2019-02-06, 12:52 PM
It couldn't teleport but I had a panther with horseshoes of speed and also shoes of a zephyr that was gnarly and almost unstoppable. (I know that wasn't the title of the thread:smallamused:)

nickl_2000
2019-02-06, 12:55 PM
No there are not. You would need to find another way.

Note though that
"when you are mounted and cast spells that normally target yourself, they can also affect your steed." So, if you choose a spell like Misty Step, you can bring your steed with you.

JestingManiac
2019-02-08, 11:18 AM
depending on your DM they might allow you to use a phase spider. its super unlikely but if you ask real nice and bribe em they might be swayed. its in the animal section of the monsters manual so it might be ok

ImproperJustice
2019-02-08, 05:40 PM
Conjure Celestial (Cleric Spell) using a 9th level slot can summon a Unicorn which has a once/ day teleport?

Foxhound438
2019-02-08, 05:59 PM
yeah, they can't teleport on their own but I agree with the above interpretation that a misty step or dimension door would allow you to take the steed if you cast those spells. I could also though see an overly restrictive DM trying to lawyer against you that it targets "the space you go to, not you", but I don't think that's a fair ruling myself.

All that said, a pegasus has a really fast fly speed. I don't know how often you get put into a wall of force, but if that's not happening flying is pretty good anyways.

Throne12
2019-02-08, 08:12 PM
The spell you are looking for is ( Far Step ) it's a target self spell which will work with find steed.

Griswold
2019-02-08, 08:18 PM
Nightmares can move to the ethereal plane and back with a rider.

The current lore on nightmares is that they are created by performing a ritual on pegasi that involves removing their wings and torturing them. And pegasi are acquirable with find greater steed

But the ritual isn't detailed, so that would require DM fiat. And it's also up for debate whether the pegasus that you call with find greater steed is actually a pegasus, or whether it's close enough to a pegasus that you could even perform the ritual on it.

JackPhoenix
2019-02-08, 10:05 PM
Nightmares can move to the ethereal plane and back with a rider.

The current lore on nightmares is that they are created by performing a ritual on pegasi that involves removing their wings and torturing them. And pegasi are acquirable with find greater steed

But the ritual isn't detailed, so that would require DM fiat. And it's also up for debate whether the pegasus that you call with find greater steed is actually a pegasus, or whether it's close enough to a pegasus that you could even perform the ritual on it.

It's not up for debate. It's explicitly NOT a pegasus: "You summon a spirit that assumes the form of a loyal, majestic mount. "