PDA

View Full Version : Player Help 3.5 Trivia... or Help, Help! Its driving me mad!

Raven Helcat
2019-02-06, 07:33 PM
Hi Playgrounders! My group and I have recently hit 13th level, and my wizard is beginning to dabble with undead. I KNOW there is some sort of ritual/rite/etc, dealing with drinking some-such blood from some-such cup, and every time X happens, you lose 1-2 Con points, and gain 1-2 Cha points. I've read it a few dozen times over the years, and always thought, "huh, thats neat"..... but now that I want to use it to make my future-undead minions more charismatic, I cannot find it to save my life! Our DM is super cool and lets most things fly, but I need actual proof it exists!

Please and thank you in advance.

RH

StevenC21
2019-02-06, 09:33 PM
I don't know where it is, but it probably won't help you.

Most of the time, stuff like that damages Charisma in the event that an ability score doesn't exist.

Raven Helcat
2019-02-06, 09:50 PM
I don't know where it is, but it probably won't help you.

Most of the time, stuff like that damages Charisma in the event that an ability score doesn't exist.

No sir, I would drain Con, pump Cha BEFORE making them undead. :smallbiggrin:

However, I have no patience and have been pouring over my exhaustive stack of books, and I finally found it!
Unfortunately, its not exactly as I remembered... It's The Bloodtouched Rite, in A Players Guide to Eberron pg. 23
The -2 Con/drink was correct, but gives 4 specific bonuses/drink. The bonuses are stackable and phenomenal, just not a flat bonus to Cha. I'm still gonna use it, just gonna tweak my original plan.
I do truly appreciate you commenting though, StevenC21.

PoeticallyPsyco
2019-02-06, 10:10 PM
The description says it provides no benefit for creatures with no Con score. Does that mean if a creature becomes undead, it loses the benefits of the rite? Because if not, that would be a great boon to any Dread Necromancer.

Raven Helcat
2019-02-07, 07:53 AM
The description says it provides no benefit for creatures with no Con score. Does that mean if a creature becomes undead, it loses the benefits of the rite? Because if not, that would be a great boon to any Dread Necromancer.

That's why you would do it before your Dead Nec becomes undead. You paid your dues (-2 Con) while you were still alive, but if done after becoming undead, it would do nothing.

Its really a shame though... We play a 3.5 Pf hybrid, and I was really hoping to crank certain minions Cha, just before turning them to vampire spawn for the extra HP. We trapped a vampire 4 levels ago, and I have this Helm of Opposite Alignment just laying around... :smallcool:
(not sure I'll use it, though)