PDA

View Full Version : How to take advantage as a Warforged Fighter (Samurai)

HermanTheWize
2019-02-07, 09:39 AM
Title

How do you best take advantage of being a Warforged as a Fighter?

Rukelnikov
2019-02-07, 10:38 AM
Well, I'm not sure I get your question but, take into account as a warforged you have some of the best AC in the game, so I'd say get Defensive Style, go heavy plating, rigth there you got AC 19 at lvl 1, if you pick up a shield you have AC 21 at lvl 1, which is pretty insane.

Other than that, go juggernaut for non-finesse weilding (i.e. PAM, GWM), or skirmisher for anything else and shennanigans (darkwood core allows you to have solid AC and still count as unarmored)

Deadfire182
2019-02-07, 12:27 PM
Being an awesome robo-samurai of course!

Unoriginal
2019-02-07, 12:28 PM
Do you mean, get advantages on your attacks?

HermanTheWize
2019-02-07, 01:10 PM
Do you mean, get advantages on your attacks?

More or less wondring is there something you couldn't normally do without being warfroged, or something that is much better because of it.

HermanTheWize
2019-02-07, 01:15 PM
Well, I'm not sure I get your question but, take into account as a warforged you have some of the best AC in the game, so I'd say get Defensive Style, go heavy plating, rigth there you got AC 19 at lvl 1, if you pick up a shield you have AC 21 at lvl 1, which is pretty insane.

Other than that, go juggernaut for non-finesse weilding (i.e. PAM, GWM), or skirmisher for anything else and shennanigans (darkwood core allows you to have solid AC and still count as unarmored)

I was thinking possible envoy, that is GWM, that has 16 str and 14 dex.

Then I could go archery fighting style and use a longbow for my back up for ranged (or I could just throw javelins).

We don't have a rogue so I was thinking about the integrated tool would be theives tools and would have expertise.

This would also allow me to go from medium to heavy depending on if I need to sneak.

Rukelnikov
2019-02-07, 04:05 PM
More or less wondring is there something you couldn't normally do without being warfroged, or something that is much better because of it.

The main advantage I see with warforged is Berseker since you are immune to exhaustion.

Then I could go archery fighting style and use a longbow for my back up for ranged (or I could just throw javelins).

We don't have a rogue so I was thinking about the integrated tool would be theives tools and would have expertise.

This would also allow me to go from medium to heavy depending on if I need to sneak.

You are set then!

DrowPiratRobrts
2019-02-07, 04:10 PM
Like so:

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/fma/images/e/ee/Slicer.png/revision/latest?cb=20130218165648

Throne12
2019-02-07, 04:14 PM

What are you talking about your a warforge pick up a crowbar and pray that chest or door wide open.

Misterwhisper
2019-02-07, 04:15 PM
The main advantage I see with warforged is Berseker since you are immune to exhaustion.

You are set then!

You are only immune to exhaustion from normal things like forced marches and things, not abilities from classes.

One thing I did was grapple people and drag them into lakes and things.

Take advantage of not needing to breathe, a cloak of the manta Ray is great.

Spending multiple hours crafting arrows and things while others sleep also is nice.

Lack of darkvision is the only real downside

Throne12
2019-02-07, 04:23 PM
You are only immune to exhaustion from normal things like forced marches and things, not abilities from classes.

Spending multiple hours crafting arrows and things while others sleep also is nice.

Pickup the grappler feat and have a buddy play a spell caster with cloud spells.

Rukelnikov
2019-02-07, 04:26 PM

Dang, gotta read more carefully.

Sno
2019-02-07, 04:40 PM

Defensive fighting style is useless for a warforged, since integrated protection does not count as armor i regard to things such as defensive fighting style.

https://twitter.com/jeremyecrawford/status/909567326873194497

https://www.sageadvice.eu/2018/08/27/do-warforged-count-as-wearing-armor-for-the-purposes-of-the-defense-fighting-style/

Amano666
2019-02-07, 04:45 PM
yoshimitsu

Rukelnikov
2019-02-07, 05:10 PM
Defensive fighting style is useless for a warforged, since integrated protection does not count as armor i regard to things such as defensive fighting style.

https://twitter.com/jeremyecrawford/status/909567326873194497

https://www.sageadvice.eu/2018/08/27/do-warforged-count-as-wearing-armor-for-the-purposes-of-the-defense-fighting-style/

Counter tweet!

https://www.sageadvice.eu/2018/10/15/warforged-do-the-tags-on-the-plating-indicate-that-the-light-option-doesnt-count-as-wearing-armor/

Anyways, if it didn't count as armor it would be even better, you could have better than plate AC and still count as unarmored, allowing stuff like Mask of the Black Dragon, Bracers of Armor, and many class abilities that require less than a certain level of armor.