PDA

View Full Version : triton barbarian help

richardbob123
2019-02-07, 04:22 PM
i'm going to be make a triton totem barbarian and i am wondering what sea creatures would work for each totem

Man_Over_Game
2019-02-07, 04:28 PM
i'm going to be make a triton totem barbarian and i am wondering what sea creatures would work for each totem

Bear
Whale

Eagle
Dolphin

Wolf
Shark

Elk
Eel

Tiger
Swordfish

MightyDuck
2019-02-07, 05:17 PM
Bear- killer whale
Eagle- manta ray
Elk- Sea horse
Tiger- shark
Wolf- pirhana

RogueJK
2019-02-07, 06:13 PM
Wolf- pirhana

Piranha don't live in the sea. They're freshwater fish. :smallwink:

Aett_Thorn
2019-02-07, 06:15 PM
Bear - whale
Wolf - dolphin
Elk - sea turtle
Tiger - shark
Eagle - eel

Man_Over_Game
2019-02-07, 06:20 PM
Elk - sea turtle

I'll be honest, I'm not sure if sea turtle fits. Elk is designed to be the fastest moving totem of them all.

Eagle is designed around moving around enemies
Tiger is about pouncing onto enemies
Elk is all about moving really, really fast.

Aett_Thorn
2019-02-07, 06:32 PM
I'll be honest, I'm not sure if sea turtle fits. Elk is designed to be the fastest moving totem of them all.

Eagle is designed around moving around enemies
Tiger is about pouncing onto enemies
Elk is all about moving really, really fast.

Eh, I tried to stick to some more traditional totems of seagoing peoples. I agree with you, but while turtles might be slow when eating, they can move fairly quickly and can make use of currents to cover large distances quickly.

Naanomi
2019-02-07, 06:43 PM
Marlins migrate far and move quickly... Stag

BarneyBent
2019-02-07, 10:35 PM
Bear - Whale - big, bulky, tank.

Eagle - Shark. Hunts alone. Moves quickly, hard to pin down. Can detect prey from miles away.

Wolf - Killer Whale. Move in packs (pods), can cover vast distances (found in pretty much every ocean), also good at tracking prey.

Elk - Plesiosaurus maybe?

Tiger - Saltwater Crocodile?

Last two are difficult tbh.

Also, since there’s nothing stopping you from taking different totems at levels 3, 6 and 14, you can probably mix and match each feature to get better fits. So you might assign the level 3 feature of Bear to Whale, but the level 6 feature to Shark (purely as an example).

jh12
2019-02-08, 12:32 AM
Bear: Sperm Whale (largest toothed predator, and Ahab certainly had a hard time killing one)

Eagle: Sailfish (fastest marine animal because its jumping speed exceeds its swimming speed, which seems appropriate), or Barracuda (hunt by sight, not smell, plus it's already got a theme song, which is nice)

Wolf: Bottlenose Dolphin (pack tactics can allow dolphins to kill sharks, and that's what Flipper was)

Elk: Leatherback Turtle (sea turtles are awesome, among the fastest creatures in the ocean, and it seems like getting hit by a sea turtle at full speed would really hurt)

Tiger: Orca (fastest pure swimmer & prone to pouncing on tasty things on the shore)