PDA

View Full Version : elemental spells

Skjaldbakka
2007-09-26, 12:32 AM
I am working on a alternate system for spellcasting that is based on 7 elements: Fire, Earth, Air, Water, Metal, Wood, and Void

The current phase of this project involves making a list of spells by spell level that fit the various themes. The first four are easy (domain spells + spell filter [earth/fire/air/water descriptor]. The others don't work out quite so cut-and-dried, so any suggestions for spells that fit the other themes would be appreciated. I plan on hitting up complete Arcane ASAP, as I recall Wu-Jen having a Metal element, with associated spells.

I am associating positive energy spells with Wood and negative energy spells with Void. This is of course an oversimplification, but it is justified within the context of the setting I am building this for.

Thanks in Advance

EDIt- Suggestions so far:
Void:
6 or 7: Disintegrate

Cogwheel
2007-09-26, 12:49 AM
Just stopping by to say that Wu-Jen get wood spells, too.

Also, how about disintegrate for void?

Altharis
2007-09-26, 08:17 AM
Ah! A cross between Japanese and Chinese elemental systems eh? Very nice idea! As my group's resident element fanatic (i even designed a whole frackin' campaign setting about the elements!) I'd love to help. I might even make some base classes....

Wood:
Tree Stride,
Wood Warp

Metal:
Rusting Grasp

(All I could think of this late at night)

Though, these might be in CArc anyways...I left my copy at my other house.

Cheers,
Altharis