PDA

View Full Version : Sorcerous background

Sindal
2019-02-08, 02:28 PM
Hi yall.

So I was thinkin, the other day:

-Would it be weird to have a fiend, or a demon of some kind, be the source of your divine soul sorceror magic.
Like the blurb about divine souls is that you get it specifically from angelic beings and celestials and something something the chosen one.
But then it goes into a "Ok so your source could have also have been evil or chaotic" feature
Which makes sense because there are still 'evil' clerics who serve gods who have fiends and demons working for them.

Thoughs?

Also bonus question for my sorcerors out there:
"What was the trigger or cause for your sorceror's magic, specificly"
Like good breeding or a magial tornado or experimentation or...?

Lets hear it guys =)

ImproperJustice
2019-02-09, 10:41 AM
In response to your bonus question, my Dragon blooded Sorceror is the son of a Golden Dragon who hangs out as the local tavern maid in a small village.

There she entertains by singing an ancient songs and spinning stories of legendary adventurers from long ago. She is often flighty, carefree, and seems blissfully unaware of dangerous situations.

For most of his life, my PC thought he was the son of some passing stranger who must have been a powerful mage or evil dragon who bewitched his well meaning but gullible mother into an intimate encounter.

The truth is more that she finds one of the local beet farmers rather cute, and wanted to try out this parenting thing humans like to do. So far it’s been pretty grand.

It only cane out recently when the PCs home village was attacked and his mother taken hostage that the truth finally came out.
GM did a cool montage of my PC realizing that the stories she told were because she was there, and that time she grabbed a hot pan from the oven without getting burnt, or lifted that stove without mich effort, etc.....

Had kind of an aliens moment, when my PC got smacked down hard by a White Dragon and she suddenly shouted out “Get away from my son you *blank*” and transformed and charged in.

Fun times all around.

Throne12
2019-02-09, 10:59 AM
If I pass my lore check Asmodeus was a Celestial but slowly turn Corrupted. So that might work but you would be very very very special because he is oober Secret about himself.

Naanomi
2019-02-09, 11:20 AM
If I pass my lore check Asmodeus was a Celestial but slowly turn Corrupted. So that might work but you would be very very very special because he is oober Secret about himself.
Or at least that is one of his dozen or so origin stories

The three sorcerers I’ve played:
-Dwarves accidentally mined into the body of a buried Old One, most died but I just went a little nuts and awakened wild-sorcerer Powers
-a tiefling descended distantly from Aameul; who manifested Draconic powers from his Fiendish ancestors’ connection to the red dragon Ashardalon
-Son of a wealthy merchant family, whose father ‘bought’ Divine Soul powers for his child by massive donations to the church of Waukeen