PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Looking For Adventure

Thurbane
2019-02-08, 03:31 PM
Hey, does anyone know any adventures, where the focus is protecting a forest or Druid's grove from an unnatural threat?

Ideally for an ECL 9 or 10 party.

3.5 preferred, but if it can easily be converted, 3.0 or PF would be fine too.

I don't mind if they are 3rd party or fan made.

Cheers - T

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/c4/1e/3b/c41e3b655ebdaf5921889df26d5dc51b.jpg

PrismCat21
2019-02-08, 04:32 PM
I know I've seen a few, but I can't recall what they are at the moment.

The Standing Stone is a 7th level adventure that has to do with an old Druid holy site and a forest destroyed by Ashardalon. The community living nearby are all animals that have basically been transformed into humans I believe.

I've had a lot of success with the Spirit Wood from Ghostwalk.
There's short 4th level adventure starting on page 182 you might draw some inspiration from.

Mike Miller
2019-02-08, 07:27 PM
As was mentioned, the Standing Stone is interesting. It shouldn't be hard to make it a little more challenging for your group. The module is a who-dun-it of sorts where the DM's job is to trick the PCs. Everything is set up to steer the PCs in the wrong direction. It is pretty cool once you get all the twists down. The only big change to make, in my opinion, is the god-awful maze. Otherwise, fun module.

Thurbane
2019-02-08, 07:40 PM
I know I've seen a few, but I can't recall what they are at the moment.

The Standing Stone is a 7th level adventure that has to do with an old Druid holy site and a forest destroyed by Ashardalon. The community living nearby are all animals that have basically been transformed into humans I believe.

I've had a lot of success with the Spirit Wood from Ghostwalk.
There's short 4th level adventure starting on page 182 you might draw some inspiration from.

As was mentioned, the Standing Stone is interesting. It shouldn't be hard to make it a little more challenging for your group. The module is a who-dun-it of sorts where the DM's job is to trick the PCs. Everything is set up to steer the PCs in the wrong direction. It is pretty cool once you get all the twists down. The only big change to make, in my opinion, is the god-awful maze. Otherwise, fun module.

Thank you both.

I should have mentioned in the OP: bonus points if the antagonist is aberration or undead related; but it should be easy enough to tweak villains for my use...

I'll look into Standing Stone: I can beef up the encounters to the appropriate CR level without too much concern.

Palanan
2019-02-08, 08:44 PM
Tales of the Old Margreve (https://paizo.com/products/btpy8hp6?Tales-of-the-Old-Margreve) comes highly recommended as a series of adventures in deep, ancient forest, drawing on old folktales with a darker edge. I would imagine you can adapt sections readily enough, since it was designed with that in mind.

You might also want to look at some of the Ironfang Invasion AP, since there's a lot of forest-based encounters and scenarios. It's structured around an invasion by a hobgoblin army, and the focus is protecting a nation rather than the forest per se, but again there's a lot that could be adapted.

Mike Miller
2019-02-08, 09:12 PM
Thank you both.

I should have mentioned in the OP: bonus points if the antagonist is aberration or undead related; but it should be easy enough to tweak villains for my use...

I'll look into Standing Stone: I can beef up the encounters to the appropriate CR level without too much concern.

There is an important undead influence in the Standing Stone, if that counts. If memory serves me correctly, two undead characters. The villain is supposed to blend in with the crowd though. Aberration or undead would make blending in tougher.

ShurikVch
2019-02-12, 11:57 AM
It may be kinda late, but still: Dungeon #123 have "The Amarantha Agenda" adventure, in which half-fiendish dryad warlock attempting to seize a sacred site dedicated to elven god of nature
Unfortunately, this adventure is intended to level 13, and - unlike some other Dungeon adventures - don't give easy means to scale it down

Thurbane
2019-02-12, 02:15 PM
It may be kinda late, but still: Dungeon #123 have "The Amarantha Agenda" adventure, in which half-fiendish dryad warlock attempting to seize a sacred site dedicated to elven god of nature
Unfortunately, this adventure is intended to level 13, and - unlike some other Dungeon adventures - don't give easy means to scale it down

I'll look at that one as well, thank you.