PDA

View Full Version : Would a Tiefling Abj Wiz/Celes Lock be viable?

Rallek25
2019-02-08, 11:14 PM
As the title says would a tiefling Abjuration Wizard mixed with Celestial Warlock be a viable build?
Essentially, you could use your reaction to shield damage on your allies and then bonus action heal them. You could even perhaps pick up healer and use your action to heal. Just a thought I had, but yeah let me know what you think.

JakOfAllTirades
2019-02-09, 02:02 AM
As the title says would a tiefling Abjuration Wizard mixed with Celestial Warlock be a viable build?
Essentially, you could use your reaction to shield damage on your allies and then bonus action heal them. You could even perhaps pick up healer and use your action to heal. Just a thought I had, but yeah let me know what you think.

Abjuration Wizard pairs well with any Warlock Patron, because (unless I'm mistaken) you can use the Armor of Shadows invocation to recharge the Arcane Ward on an at-will basis.

Or is that just too cheesy?

Rallek25
2019-02-09, 02:13 AM
Abjuration Wizard pairs well with any Warlock Patron, because (unless I'm mistaken) you can use the Armor of Shadows invocation to recharge the Arcane Ward on an at-will basis.

Or is that just too cheesy?

I was actually just reading about that. It sounds perfectly good to me. Don't have to expend a spell slot in order to recharge arcane ward. My only question would be how would one go about leveling? Would it be 6 Abj Wiz/ 14 Celestial Lock or vice versa?

CTurbo
2019-02-09, 02:47 AM
Yes Armor of Shadows is excellent for Abjurers as is Armor of Agathys.

I would only take a small dip in Warlock though

Rallek25
2019-02-09, 02:52 AM
Yes Armor of Shadows is excellent for Abjurers as is Armor of Agathys.

I would only take a small dip in Warlock though

So 6 Warlock/14 Wiz?
I think 6 would be minimum as to get the most out of healing light as I would have 7d6 I could roll for healing before needing a long rest

CTurbo
2019-02-09, 04:11 AM
That would work. You really want the Abjurer's 14th level spell resistance