PDA

View Full Version : New Sith Wars IC

Henry the 57th
2019-02-09, 02:29 AM
https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-LCSqX5_O8gs/UuU44Y54ZOI/AAAAAAAAo6Q/B3YUXbrPGRs/s1600/Star-Wars-1313-Concept-Art-8.jpg
Republic Intelligence Safe House 09264, Coruscant
0800 hours

Six beings sit clustered around an active holoprojector in a dimly-lit, soundproofed, windowless room deep beneath the shining surface of the Galactic Republic's capital world. On one side are a rather motley assortment of beings, consisting of two Humans, a Zygerrian, and a Sluissi. On the other are two more humans, a older, bearded man in armored brown robes and a bitter-looking younger man with a shaved head, a long scar all but bisecting his face, and a cybernetic right eye. The latter, Colonel Augustine of Republic Intelligence, is speaking.

"As you can see there isn't a lot to go on," he says in a subdued tone. "From what we can tell, their ship was custom-made. It never registered with any traffic authority, and we have no records of its arrival. It could have been sitting down here in the underworld for months before they made their move, we just don't know."

As he speaks, the holoprojector goes through images of captives being forcibly herded by five black-cloaked figures and two machines onto a skyscraper's exterior landing pad, and into a sleek-looking ship of unknown make. One attempts to refuse, and is summarily punched in the face hard enough to send him flying, and then his limp body is dragged on board regardless. Just as the last of the captives are being shoved roughly up the landing ramp, airspeeders begin moving into view. The two droids open fire with blaster pistols, four of the black cloaks retreat into the ship, and the final one draws a lightsaber. Blaster bolts fly in all directions, some exploding in showers of sparks against the machines' armor, some deflected by the energy blade. As an armored airspeeder draws near the platform, the Sith makes a fist and then telekinetically slams the whole thing into the skyscraper, crushing its engine and leaving the crew to plummet to a hideous demise hundreds of stories below. The old man winces slightly, Colonel Augustine seems unmoved.

The hooded Sith and droids retreat towards the ship's ramp as more airspeeders disgorge Republic soldiers and judicials onto the landing platform, deflecting fire back at them as he does. He soon vanishes from the holocamera's viewpoint, and the ship begins to rise mere seconds later. One droid braces, them leaps nimbly onto the rapidly-closing landing ramp. The second attempts to do likewise, but a blaster bolt catches it right in the upper leg joint and blows the whole limb clean off. The ship rises quickly and vanishes from the frame, abandoning the machine without a moment's hesitation. The Republic soldiers fire what meager heavy weapons they have after it, to no apparent avail.

"The droid self-destructed rather than be captured," the old man, Jedi Master Alour, informs the small group as the image changes. "But we recovered enough pieces to positively identify it as one of this line."

The holoprojector now shows a rather disturbing machine up close. It's humanoid, though its legs are angled backwards starting at the knee like some lizard creature's and end in clawed feet reminiscent of an avian raptor's. Even its grey armored torso is thinner than your average humanoid's, its limbs are almost skeletal. Its metal face is devoid of features save for an almost insectile hexagon of photorecptors. This one is bearing a rather plain looking single-edged sword in one hand and a blaster pistol in the other, though the one on the video only seemed to be using a blaster rifle.

"The JS-series of assassin droids is an abomination even by Sith standards," Master Alour pronounces with a genuine look of disgust. "The whole line appears to be some sort of fusion between Sith alchemy and the latest robotics, a blend of magic and machine. They only exist to spread terror and death through the galaxy, and above all else to kill Jedi."

"They didn't come here to hear you moralize," Colonel Augustine's lips curl. "They came for actionable intelligence." He turns back to the four other beings. "What you'll want to know is that JS droids only come from one known source, Darth Ferrus and his factories on the planet Fornax."

The holo image shifts again, this time to a humanoid in a dark cloak with a surprisingly plain metal mask covering his face. Obviously powered gauntlets cover up his forearms, while the toes of heavy boots emerge from the bottom of his robe.

"He's a Sith Lord with no great deeds to his name, no battles won or enemies terminated. We don't have any records of him ever participating directly in the war at all." Augustine continues. "He wouldn't be notable at all if it weren't for the damnable gear he makes a habit of selling to every two-bit Sith warlord who'll pay him. Guns, armor, droids, cybernetic implants, custom starships, he's more like some corporate bigwig than a real Sith."

"Don't be fooled, everything he creates is tainted with alchemical processes and draws power from the dark side," Master Alour retorts briefly. "But it's habit of selling the droids that raises doubts about his culpability here. He might want whatever cybernetic advances Doctor Bophro and his team were working on, but so might any number of other Sith. It would be unusually bold of him to attack Coruscant, and it could just as easily have been one of his 'customers'."

"Whoever the kidnappers were," Colonel Augustine takes up the conversation, "Republic Intelligence calculates that based on the size of their ship and the number of passengers they would soon need to stop off for fuel and supplies if they were attempting to escape Republic space as quickly as possible. The most logical escape route would take them through Denon."

The holoprojector shifts yet again, this time displaying an image of the Inner Rim ecumenopolis world often dubbed "Little Coruscant". Located at the extremely strategic crossroads of the Hydian Way and Corellian Run, it fell to a surprise attack from the Sith some months ago.

"The Hydian Way would take them swiftly and efficiently towards Fornax, or most of the other worlds of the Sith Empire. Stopping over at Denon would allow them to quickly refuel and take one any supplies they needed before heading further out towards the Rim. From our profile of Darth Chordis' fleet there, it's very unlikely they could have done so without being noticed and paying tribute."

Darth Chordis is well-known in the Republic as an especially aggressive Sith warlord. Some months ago he captured Denon, bringing Sith dominion to the very edge of the Colonies region. Infamously, he beheaded the acting Chancellor of the Denon's ruling body on the steps of the planet's Palace of Democracy before vowing to do the same to the Supreme Chancellor on the steps of the Galactic Senate. The act was transmitted widely across the holonet by Sith slicers.

"It might even have been Chordis who ordered the kidnapping, a bold strike like that would certainly be more of his preferred modus operandi." Colonel Augustine observes.

"He isn't known for be sentimental about his soldiers, though," Master Alour frowns. "So what would he need medical cybernetics for?"

"To keep them out of our hands, obviously," Augustine retorts. "Whatever the case, intelligence indicates he leaves day to day issues of the planet in the hands of Lady Sacrisa so he can focus on the war."

This time the projector shows a red-skinned female in lavish purple robes threaded with golden sigils and trimmed with black. Her jet-black hair is wound elaborately into a rather anachronistic jeweled headdress, and several strange fetishes of metal and bone dangle from her neck and belt. Small boney spines protrude from the middle of her jawline before curving to terminate under her chin. She would be rather good looking were it not for the intensely sour expression on her face.

"Yes, Sith Purebloods are supposed to be extinct," Augustine preempts the obvious question. "And no, we don't know where Chordis dug up this one. What's important is her administration is the most likely to have information on who these kidnappers were, and where they went. The first part of your mission is to get it from her minions, or find it any other way that you can. From the way they acted, Intelligence believes that at least some of the black cloaks who abducted our men weren't Sith. It's very possible some of them were mercenaries picked up or left off on Denon, so it's also possible that you might be able to locate one of them there."

"The cover story that we're planning to use is the Czerka Corporation is interested in buying the schematics for anything that Doctor Bophro's team has been working on," Master Alour nods briefly at the Zygerrian. "And with their reputation acts of subterfuge and skulduggery in pursuit of that goal won't be seen as out of the ordinary. We know their office on Denon has wasted little time getting friendly with the new Sith regime, that may be another route you can use."

"But I think the two of us spoken for long enough," Augustine says. "Do you all have anything to ask?"

"Or to add?" Alour looks at the other four beings.

GSisco
2019-02-09, 02:48 AM
Onyx smirks the entire time the story is being recounted and information is being given. When it's finally complete, he looks at the people next to him, before turning back to the two across the table.
"Now I know why you care about this but why should I care about this? And what exactly are you wanting done? Is this an Intel mission or are we suppose to be a rescue party?"

Thundercracker
2019-02-09, 04:18 AM
Dax

“Why us, out of all the intelligence operatives and veteran special forces soldiers in the republic?” Dax asked.

Hazuki
2019-02-09, 09:27 AM
Boone has attended the meeting in the kind of garb she usually dons for forays into Republic space, her meetings with Jedi and the Republic. Her long black hair has been tightly tucked into a bun, her makeup styled to soften her prominent facial features and exaggerate her subtle ones, and her fine clothes exchanged for the leathers of a spacer.

She's heard parts of the briefing before - it was how she learned about being picked for the mission, after all - and sits through most of it with a curious tilt of her head. The thing that stands out most to her is the Droids - made to kill a Jedi means made to kill Sith, unless they're been programmed to not attack anyone wearing black and red. It was stupid to let a factory pour the things out, things that could just as easily be turned against them as their enemies, but she supposed none of them saw that. The benefit of having a Jedi-killer made the threat of a Sith-killer negligible, to idiots.

"I'm ready to go whenever these chaps are convinced." Boone says, with a light air as she adjusts her jacket. "Although a handful of Ion Grenades wouldn't go amiss, should we run into these JS Droids. I can deal with my angry brethren any day, but I'd like to err on the safe side with those nasty little things."

<ostly, she hopes her colleagues are up to the task. The boy is a Jedi - it's written plain on his face - and certainly built like a fighter. The Sliussi and Zygerrian...well, she knows that much from having spent most of her life near the Outer Rim, but picking up much beyond that is a little more difficult from a glance. The prejudice of her fellows in the Sith would tell her the Zygerrian is a smooth-talking bureaucrat and the Sliussi spends most of his time buried in gears and wires. But what are the chances of that?

Spiritus
2019-02-09, 04:09 PM
Ten

The Sluissi's tongue flicks out, tasting the air. He can feel the old excitement coming over him again—that strange mix of fear and eagerness that sets him apart from his kin."You have me, sirs, but you knew that when you picked me for this. he straightens to full, military attention "Chief Warrant Officer Ten Dorne reporting for duty!"

Henry the 57th
2019-02-09, 05:37 PM
Master Alour frowns visibly at Onyx's question, though his companion appears stoic and unphased by it.

"If the prospect of potentially saving millions of lives and helping to avert a future where those not sensitive to the Force are enslave or killed on a whim isn't enough for you," the Jedi replies, "then perhaps I should point out the Republic can pay very well for the return of its personnel. And if you're seeking something more than money, please be aware we do have other contacts besides yourself in Czerka Corp. The Republic could always... pull some strings to see that your career advances to where you'd like to see yourself." He seems visibly uncomfortable with the notion. "And of course this mission was authorized by the Supreme Chancellor herself, if you complete it successfully I believe she could be convinced to owe you a favor."

"As to your other question," Colonel Augustine picks up for him, "What we want is for you to rescue Dr. Bophro and his team if at all possible, or at the very least a report on their fate if you locate them too late." He takes a slight breath. "Addressing yours, young Jedi, you don't appear to understand just how stretched our forces are. There are a thousand and more battlefields across the galaxy, and Republic Intelligence is active on almost all of them and many more worlds besides. We simply don't have the luxury of elite strike teams sitting on Coruscant doing nothing just in case something happens. They're almost all already engaged on the field or fermenting guerilla resistance movements on Sith-occupied worlds. If you had read the intelligence reports that I have, you would know the Sith provide more than enough doomsday plots to keep our best agents quite occupied. For example," he taps his artificial eye and runs his hands down his facial scar, "I got this from some crazy Sith witch trying to stir up a zombie plague on Kuat. Lightsabers across the face burn like hell." For the first time, the corner of Augustine's mouth twitches upwards. "But a frag grenade exploding behind you hurts a lot more."

"The Jedi are in a similar situation, in afraid." Master Alour sighs. "Besides those too young, too old," he smiles in a slightly self-deprecating manner "or too injured to fight, there aren't many left in the Temple here. The Republic can't afford it." He shakes his head. "On a more positive note, some of seers guided our choice of agents."

"Ion Grenades can be arranged easily enough," Augustine says to Boone, "Our armories are full, if nothing else."

Master Alour smiles at Ten's enthusiasm, the first genuine one he's had. Colonel Augustine gives a nod, then gives the Sluissi a quick salute.

"Your heroism won't be forgotten," the Colonel says. "What say the rest of you?"

GSisco
2019-02-09, 07:45 PM
Onyx rolled his eyes at the outburst of his mechanic. Then with a sigh leaned forward and expressed his concerns. "Between the Jedi and the Chief Officer here, we aren't exactly what I would call inconspicuois. Can a Jedi really go that deep into Sith territory unnoticed?"

Hazuki
2019-02-09, 08:10 PM
Boone gives a little wave to Onyx. "The Sith know me as one of them, and that provides a reaction...better than they'd give most others. If you let me talk, I'll be able to cover for us. " She flashes a smile. "As long as you don't mind pretending to be my servants."

GSisco
2019-02-09, 08:58 PM
Leaning back in his seat Onyx lets out a broad smile. "If that's the case then you don't really need me. If the Sith let just any member of their ranks come in and dig into high profile top secret kidnappings then you don't need my afore mentioned cover story. Way better than a technology and weapons dealer being interested in the droids they have been making with a Sith appointed bodyguard."

Hazuki
2019-02-09, 09:24 PM
"Which Sith do you presume I'd be appointed by? One hopefully without access to the holonet. I think there's a Darth Ronan hiding somewhere on Dagobah who might not, although I hear he's quite mad by now." Boone says. "More likely that Czerka contacted me in the position of an adviser, hoping for my expertise when it comes to negotiation and ranks and so on. I might even be able to get some information from them by pretending to wring credits out of you." She tilts her head as she ponders. "And I'll be able to hide Jax as a potential apprentice. Any Sith can sense a force-user, and see his saber - serving me solves both problems, for him."

GSisco
2019-02-10, 12:11 AM
Onyx chuckles. This was not the person he expected to have to negotiate with. It shouldn't surprise him though. This is how the Sith were after all. He would need to keep an eye on this one.
"I am happy to pretend Jax is serving you and to treat you as an esteemed advisor. Try to truly wring credits out of me however and things will not be so cordial."

Spiritus
2019-02-10, 12:38 AM
"It's a good plan" Ten breaks in. "It's not the first time I've had to be someone's underling for a mission." He grins toothily.

"As to your other question," Colonel Augustine picks up for him, "What we want is for you to rescue Dr. Bophro and his team if at all possible, or at the very least a report on their fate if you locate them too late." He takes a slight breath. "Addressing yours, young Jedi, you don't appear to understand just how stretched our forces are. There are a thousand and more battlefields across the galaxy, and Republic Intelligence is active on almost all of them and many more worlds besides. We simply don't have the luxury of elite strike teams sitting on Coruscant doing nothing just in case something happens. They're almost all already engaged on the field or fermenting guerilla resistance movements on Sith-occupied worlds. If you had read the intelligence reports that I have, you would know the Sith provide more than enough doomsday plots to keep our best agents quite occupied. For example," he taps his artificial eye and runs his hands down his facial scar, "I got this from some crazy Sith witch trying to stir up a zombie plague on Kuat. Lightsabers across the face burn like hell." For the first time, the corner of Augustine's mouth twitches upwards. "But a frag grenade exploding behind you hurts a lot more."

"The Jedi are in a similar situation, in afraid." Master Alour sighs. "Besides those too young, too old," he smiles in a slightly self-deprecating manner "or too injured to fight, there aren't many left in the Temple here. The Republic can't afford it." He shakes his head. "On a more positive note, some of seers guided our choice of agents."
"I understand you don't have any active assets there, Colonel, but is there anyone just passively gathering intelligence there we could contact when we arrive? Having some additional background information about the planet could be invaluable."

Thundercracker
2019-02-10, 02:55 AM
Dax

“Ehrm, I’m fine with that,” Dax said.

Hazuki
2019-02-10, 08:42 AM
Boone laughs softly at Onyx's comment. "Don't you worry. If I cared a whit for credits, I'd be working with the slugs." She's happy that Dax is content, at least. They might even be able to spar on the trip to Denon.

Henry the 57th
2019-02-10, 10:28 AM
"Unfortunately," Master Alour sighs grimly at the brief argument that is exchanged between Onyx and Boone, "instances of a seemingly-promising Jedi defecting to the Sith cause have become far too common. With the power of the dark side swelling as hatred and fear mount, not a few of our warriors find they enjoy the war far too much. Some don't even bother to change out the crystals on their lightsabers. It isn't implausible at all for a Sith to have taken a fallen Jedi under her wing."

"To answer your question, Chief Warrent Officer, most of our agents on Denon have gone dark since the Sith invasion. They've locked down all public holonet transceivers and have been carefully monitoring all signals traffic in and out, so it's been difficult for us to keep track of who's still alive." Augustine explains to you. "But the last we've heard, Major Vul Corrin had descended into the depths of the planetary city to raise resistance against the occupiers." The holoprojector shows a middle-aged, weather-beaten, but otherwise plain-looking human male with a blaster rifle and a stoic expression. "While Lieutenant Nyl Tijo had been intending to keep as close to the Sith power structure as possible, to see what intelligence could be ferreted out." This time the image is of a pretty young Twi'lek female, dressed in the rather ostentatious robes of a high-ranking bureaucrat. "The only asset we're reasonably sure is still alive is Captain Roarch Sloane, aka. the CFO of Czerka Corp's Denon branch. We last received a transmition with his authorization code a few days ago." This time the image shows a rather chubby-looking older human with a prominent white mustache and fairly obviously implanted white hair. "He had nothing much he could tell us about the Sith's plans apart from their reconstruction contracts through Czerka, though it's under his auspices that we initially plan your insertion."

Spiritus
2019-02-10, 05:52 PM
Ten

The Sluissi's nods his thanks."Good. That should get our foot in the door. But speaking of the insertion, are going to be using Onyx's ship for this? Or will we be provided one?"

Hazuki
2019-02-10, 07:41 PM
Boone says nothing, but nods at the further explanations, and watches curiously for the answer to Ten's question.

Henry the 57th
2019-02-10, 07:51 PM
"We intend to provide you four with a ship," Augustine answers. "A modified yacht gifted by our... friends in Czerka. You'll find it considerable faster and better armed than most of its kind, with room for hiding things. Or people."

Spiritus
2019-02-11, 01:09 PM
Ten Dorne

"Good! That's good." the Sluissi says. "Is there anything else you think we should know about the mission?"

Hazuki
2019-02-11, 01:11 PM
"And have republic engineers examined the yacht?" Boone asks. It seems like a perfectly healthy precaution, especially with corporate types.

Henry the 57th
2019-02-11, 05:38 PM
"There isn't anything else immediately relevant, save of course your identification codes for Sith space, and Republic Intelligence. They'll be on your ship for you."

"And of course we've had the ship examined," Augustine sounds almost offended by the idea that they hadn't. "We aren't fools, and you'll find that there are no issues with it besides the smell." He looks out over the group. "Do any of you have any other questions before you go? Time is short."

Hazuki
2019-02-11, 05:48 PM
"I've none." Boone shrugs.

Thundercracker
2019-02-11, 07:53 PM
“When do we leave?” Dax asked.

GSisco
2019-02-11, 09:29 PM
Onyx nods. "The Chief Warrant Officer and I will need to return to our ship retrieve some things."

Spiritus
2019-02-11, 10:06 PM
"Yes." Ten agrees. "There are some parts I need to grab. Might as well use time in hyperspace for something useful, after all."

Henry the 57th
2019-02-11, 11:47 PM
"You leave without delay," Augustine answers in a rather firm tone almost the moment the question has left Dax's mouth. "The longer it takes us to rescue the Doctor or at least confirm his fate, the more time the Sith have to extract whatever secrets they're after and dispose of him. His psychological profile doesn't suggest a weak willed man, but everyone has their limits."

"By all means, retrieve whatever you need from your personal ship, and be certain that it will be in good hands while you're away," the Colonel continues when Onyx and Ten ask for a moment. "But don't delay. I don't have time for hesitation, there's a galaxy-wide war going on and there is always more work for me to be doing. Hurry along, the two of you, and grab your things." He points simply at the door with the air of a man who is used to and expects immediate obedience.

While the two aliens depart to retrieve their belongings from the Zygerrian's ship, Master Alour motions to the two humans to follow him. With the Jedi in the lead and the Colonel remaining behind to await the other pair's return, the trio are lead to a rather innocuous door further down in the safehouse. Alour waves his hand idly at it and both Jedi and former Sith sense a slight pulse of Force energy, an a section of wall opens up to reveal a keypad, into which he rapidly types a sequence of seemingly random Aurebesh digits. The door slides noiselessly open a few moments later to reveal a transparisteel turbolift.

The descent goes smoothly down a good few dozen meters, with the view quickly transitioning from a dark lift shaft to that of a broad underground hanger. An elegant-looking starship painted in maroon with yellow stripes and a sleek silver underside sits there with nothing but a few small droids capering about it, seeing to its fuel levels and last-minute maintenance checks. Looking at it, the Jedi Master's brow visibly furrows.

"It's called the Fun and Profit," he explains as the turbolift doors open into the hanger bay. "It's not the fastest or sturdiest ship in the galaxy even with our upgrades, but it's exactly the sort of thing you'd expect a corrupt corporate executive looking to buy stolen secrets from the Sith to show up in," the distaste in his voice is obvious. "We've upgraded the weapons and shields, and added a HoloNet Transciever. Colonel Augustine wanted me to remind you that if you're going to use it from Sith space be careful, they're known to monitor signal traffic. But if the worst happens and you have to get a message out, use it."

While they await their fellows' arrival Jedi gives the two humans a brief tour of the luxuriously, even decadently appointed interior of the ship. The walls feature a fine Corellian redwood paneling interspersed with gold trim and the Czerka Corporation's logo displayed prominently in the ship's main lounge. The smooth creamy floor is draped with soft fur rugs, the seats are a soft crimson leather accompanied by plush violet pillows of Onderon silk. The sleeping quarters offer two to a room with their own bed each and option to combine both together into one larger bed, and each is equipped with its own refresher including what looks to be a fully-functional spa bath. Master Alour's visible distaste grows stronger and stronger with each fresh luxury afforded this ship in a galaxy at war. Crime - at least for Czerka - obviously pays.

Finally, the cockpit itself is a surprisingly simple affair, with a single pilot's chair behind quite basic-looking controls, which are of course elegant gold and bronze set in redwood. There is a captain's chair behind that, though it more closely resembles a throne. The skull of some slain creature - possibly a juvenile terentetek from the looks of it - is mounted proudly above the viewport.

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/2/2a/Baudo-class_Star_Yacht_FC.png/revision/latest?cb=20160130080404

A beautiful and custom ship ordered from some unknown but doubtlessly talented builder, the Fun and Profit is treated as a Baudo-class Star Yacht (https://swse.fandom.com/wiki/Baudo-Class_Star_Yacht) for gameplay purposes, with the following exceptions:

Light Laser Canon is replaced by Heavy Laser Canon (5d10x2 damage)
Shield Rating is increased to 35
It benefits from the Combat Thrusters (https://swse.fandom.com/wiki/Combat_Thrusters) and HoloNet Transciever (https://swse.fandom.com/wiki/Transceiver) upgrades.

Elsewhere, Onyx and Ten have little difficulty in returning to the former's ship, now in the care of droids from Republic Intelligence. With the able assistance of the Zygerrian's pilot droid, GD16, it is only a little time before they have unloaded their gear into an airspeeder. The trip back is equally as smooth, save for the rather impatient-looking Colonel pointedly checking a chrono upon their return. Still, the officer quickly guides the duo down to the Fun and Profit in time for a quick tour and reunion with their compatriots.

Soon enough, the engines on the Star Yacht are beginning their warm up sequence.

Spiritus
2019-02-12, 12:57 AM
Ten sets down his caf machine and quickly connects it to the ship's power before heading to the cockpit. He slides into the pilot's chair with practiced ease, and adjusts the straps and buckles to his frame. Flicking on the intercom, he says "Onyx, you mind plotting us a course? I'm starting preflight checks." He pauses for a second. "And nobody try to make caf with my caf machine!" he finishes, flipping off the intercom.

GSisco
2019-02-12, 01:30 AM
Once in his own ship, before properly getting to work on moving over his supplies, Onyx turns to his mechanic. "Remember you work with me and the company. I don't trust that Sith or the apprentice she has taken. I intend to keep a close eye on them. Also while we will do what we can for the doctor, that is not our main goal. Our mission is information. Remember That.

On the new ship, Onyx shakes his head at the enthusiasm. "G, goes stand next to your chair until Ten decides to hand it over." Onyx then takes his seat in the captain's chair.

Spiritus
2019-02-12, 02:26 AM
Once in his own ship, before properly getting to work on moving over his supplies, Onyx turns to his mechanic. "Remember you work with me and the company. I don't trust that Sith or the apprentice she has taken. I intend to keep a close eye on them. Also while we will do what we can for the doctor, that is not our main goal. Our mission is information. Remember That.

On the new ship, Onyx shakes his head at the enthusiasm. "G, goes stand next to your chair until Ten decides to hand it over." Onyx then takes his seat in the captain's chair.

"I work with you because it's fun and it helps the Republic. Right now, finding the doctor looks to be a lot of both." He rolls his eyes sarcastically. "And of course I don't trust the former Sith. What do you take me for? She may be on our side now, but old habits die very hard, particularly when you go back into the situation that caused them in the first place."

His eyes narrow. "Look, Onyx, I like you. And hell, you saved my life when Zolgen V went tits-up, so I owe you. But I'm a soldier first and always, and I have my orders. I'll help you if it doesn't compromise our mission, but unless you can show how your information is bigger than the Doctor's tech, I can't endanger that for you."

"You should know by now that I can do the pre faster than G can—no offense." He says. "And we don't have much time to be wasting right now"

GSisco
2019-02-12, 03:20 AM
Onyx clapped Ten on the back. You are always so serious old friend. Even as you agree with me. My intel isn't more important than the doctor's tech. It IS the tech. The tech of the doctor and the Sith droids.Neither of which we have been ordered to obtain. We were told to rescue the doctor or report his death. That's it. Smart money is either way they take out that droid factory once they know. We were never told to retrieve the data. If he is dead, it means the Sith have it. That's all the Jedi care about. They're war is with eachother. The rest of us are just soldiers or casualties. My goal is to get his data and the data on the assassin droids. Czerka will be able to make weapons to help destroy them. That's the intel I am after. Our mission is just intel on the doctor's life. I want the information we can use to save many more lives. Now hurry up and pack.
Onyx then started toward his quarters.

Spiritus
2019-02-12, 03:38 AM
Onyx clapped Ten on the back. You are always so serious old friend. Even as you agree with me. My intel isn't more important than the doctor's tech. It IS the tech. The tech of the doctor and the Sith droids.Neither of which we have been ordered to obtain. We were told to rescue the doctor or report his death. That's it. Smart money is either way they take out that droid factory once they know. We were never told to retrieve the data. If he is dead, it means the Sith have it. That's all the Jedi care about. They're war is with eachother. The rest of us are just soldiers or casualties. My goal is to get his data and the data on the assassin droids. Czerka will be able to make weapons to help destroy them. That's the intel I am after. Our mission is just intel on the doctor's life. I want the information we can use to save many more lives. Now hurry up and pack.
Onyx then started toward his quarters.

"Hmph. Same old Onyx," he muses."Always gotta have an angle, don't you." Though giving the medical tech to Czerka strikes me as a good way to get it into the hands of the Sith. But let's focus on getting the tech back for now He thinks as he grabs a few bits and pieces. We have enough to worry about already.

Hazuki
2019-02-12, 09:18 AM
Boone's stroll through the Fun And Profit is one spent pleasantly bemused by the pettiness of its design in contrast to Czerka's cutthroat business. Of course they're going to enslave whatever species is convenient for a profit, and of course they're going to spend that profit on a skull and a spa. It's hardly a wonder the Jedi are on the back foot, when even people lacking the Force are flocking to the Dark Side's ideologies.

Still, it doesn't do to dwell when there's a mission ahead. She decides to take another tour of the ship, by herself, with a surveillance detector in hand, just in case. As she does so, she contacts Dax on the commlink.

"Hello, Dax, was it? I was wondering if you would be interested in sparring while we're on the way. I'd like to keep my skills sharp. We can even use some spare pipes instead of sabers, if it will keep you comfortable."

Boone is going to over the whole ship with a Surveillance Detector, which gives +10 to Perception when checking for active or passive Surveillance Devices within six squares. She'll be taking 10, for a result of 30.

Thundercracker
2019-02-12, 09:21 AM
Dax

“Lightsaber sparring?” Dax replied, “I can always use more practice.”

Henry the 57th
2019-02-12, 10:51 AM
While a bit on the larger side, the Fun and Profit moves smoothly for a ship of its bulk, and Ten finds as they lift off that the controls are simplicity itself to get used to. Everything is neatly labeled with gold engravings, the ship's computers are up to date and in fine working order. Coruscant traffic control all but waves the ship through with a gift basket once he transmits the high-level clearance codes that Republic Intelligence gave the group. Ordinary ships watch with doubtless jealous eyes as you bypass almost all the strictly coordinated traffic leaving Republic capital world, just as a wealthy owner of such a luxury ship might be expected to do.

As the ship rises from the atmosphere of the city-world, Ten has the time to do some advanced mathematics. The Corellian Run is a straight shot from Coruscant to Denon running through the Core and Colonies region, and is easy enough to follow on its own, but with a bit of janking and shortcuts a further three days can be shaved off the trip, making up for the Sith's head start. By the time the yacht moves beyond Coruscant's gravity well, the calculations are all but finished. Very soon, and barely a bump, the starry blackness of normal space is replaced by the brilliant blue streaks of hyperspace.

I'm assuming that you take 10 on the Use Computer check to decrease your time. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Meanwhile, as the ship is rising through the atmosphere, Boone is sweeping through it with a fine-toothed comb, seeking anything out of place.

You find what appears to be some manner of transceiver wired subtly into the navicomputer, with a link to the wider HoloNet relay system.

Hazuki
2019-02-12, 11:07 AM
"Wonderful! Let me know when you're available." Boone replies to Dax, quite pleased that he was amenable to it.

Boone compliments herself on her cleverness for having found the device...and finds herself actually unequipped to deal with it. She could yank it out or stab it, she supposes, but that would doubtless play havoc with the navicomputer it's embedded in. So, she dials for the Sliussi - he's the best option out of the other passengers, at least.

"Ten, could you come visit me by the navicomputer?" She asks through their commlink, then points out the transceiver should he deign to join her.

Spiritus
2019-02-12, 11:01 PM
"Wonderful! Let me know when you're available." Boone replies to Dax, quite pleased that he was amenable to it.

Boone compliments herself on her cleverness for having found the device...and finds herself actually unequipped to deal with it. She could yank it out or stab it, she supposes, but that would doubtless play havoc with the navicomputer it's embedded in. So, she dials for the Sliussi - he's the best option out of the other passengers, at least.

"Ten, could you come visit me by the navicomputer?" She asks through their commlink, then points out the transceiver should he deign to join her.

Ten

"On my way." he replies, heading from his bunk to the cockpit. When he arrives, he leans down to have a look at the thing.

Yep, I'll take 10 on the navigation.

Taking 10 on knowledge (technology) to figure out what this is: 21

Henry the 57th
2019-02-12, 11:09 PM
Ten spends a good few minutes looking over Boone's discovery, carefully fingering the small device and tracing the circuits to which it is connected. The Sluissi's keen eyes dart back and forth as he ponders the question, before slowly drawing a conclusion.

It seems to be a transciever of some sort, receiving data flow from the navicomputer and then routing it to the HoloNet Transciever. Most likely it's recording your navicomputer's calculations and intended destination, to be transmitted elsewhere.

Spiritus
2019-02-13, 05:05 AM
Ten leans back on his haunches and whistles. "That's a neat piece of tech" he begins. Nice job finding it—Boone, was it? Anyway, this little device is a miniaturized transceiver, designed to siphon our location from the NavComp and give it to the Holonet transceiver. It probably piggybacks onto our transmissions." He continues, "it would be obvious if the thing transmitted on its own, but piggybacking a little extra data onto our signal is a lot harder to notice.

Ten begins to screw the console back in place. "As for who put it there, my money's on Republic Intelligence." He says. "Whatever else, they aren't stupid, and only an idiot would place unconditional trust in either a Sith defector or Czerka employees. No offense, Boone."

Thundercracker
2019-02-13, 06:27 AM

“We can go a round or two now if you’re not busy,” Dax replied.

Hazuki
2019-02-13, 07:46 AM
"Give me a few minutes and I'll be...in the cargo hold, I think that would be a fine place for sparring." Boone comms over to Dax.

"None taken - I'd be surprised if they did trust me." Boone shrugs at Ten. "Although I'd be more inclined to say it's the work of the people who provided the Republic with the ship. Can you do anything about it?"

Spiritus
2019-02-14, 03:31 AM
"Give me a few minutes and I'll be...in the cargo hold, I think that would be a fine place for sparring." Boone comms over to Dax.

"None taken - I'd be surprised if they did trust me." Boone shrugs at Ten. "Although I'd be more inclined to say it's the work of the people who provided the Republic with the ship. Can you do anything about it?"

"Maybe, but I take issue with that theory." Ten answers. "We found it too easily for that. You were using, what, a handheld bug sweeper? Not waiting for her assent, he continues. "Good piece of tech. But you can bet that Republic Intelligence went over this ship with a fine toothed comb, using much better equipment than the likes of us. They'd have definitely found this.

"As to removing it, sure I could!" he answers. "But since it's likely a Republic bug, I'd prefer not to spook our employers. What I will do, though, is cobble together a suppression system, so that if we do need to disappear in a hurry, we can do it with a stroke of a key."

Sorry for the delay, guys; life got real busy on me there.

Thundercracker
2019-02-14, 03:55 AM

Dax made his way to the cargo hold to scope out a relatively clear space for sparring.

Hazuki
2019-02-14, 11:17 AM
"And my eyes, Ten. And my eyes." Boone says. "But, if you think it's not important, who am I to disagree? I've no plans of stealing from the Republic, but it may be wise to keep an eye on it, should anyone else seek a peek into our affairs." She says. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I've a cargo hold to visit." She says, as she makes her way over there.

Thundercracker
2019-02-14, 07:32 PM
Dax Sunfire

Dax called out to Boone from the area he’d scooped out.

“Think this will do?” he asked, “it’s too bad we don’t have any training droids. “

Hazuki
2019-02-14, 09:50 PM
"No doubt we'll grow tired of fighting droids before long." Boone says, the idea of the JS Droids still fresh on her mind."But at least fighting each other will allow us some control. I expect any scratches to the walls will come out of the Republic's pockets."

Thundercracker
2019-02-14, 10:03 PM
Dax

“Normally I’m paired with a consular, and my job is to keep enemies away while they and any troopers we’re with take them out,” Dax said, “that’s why droids would have been nice because we could practice defending and moving together.”

He ignited his lightsaber, and a blue-white blade sprang into existence, but it was almost double the length of a standard lightsaber blade.

“This should work well though for a few days, ready when you are,” Dax said, assuming a fighting stance.

dax has a reach weapon and tumble defense, so if you want to tumble to get to melee range, the dc is +5 (his bab) When fighting defensively, attacking him in melee provokes an attack of opportunity. He also has bantha rush so anytime he hits an opponent in melee he knocks them back a square.

Hazuki
2019-02-15, 09:09 AM
What followed was a sparring session where Boone had little chance of keeping up with the strapping young Jedi. A not-so-old part of her would have wanted to smack him around with the Force a bit, but she's in no position and has no desire to act on that instinct. There's too much value in learning, too much strength from working together, for petty lash-outs.

"They've certainly trained you well." Boone says, smiling as she tucks her lightsaber away. "If you'd be willing, I'd enjoy some training when it comes to the saber."

Regardless of Dax's response, Boone spends her time doing what she normally does on long trips - reading up on news from across the galaxy, struggling to adapt to the methods of how the Jedi attune themselves to the Force, and choosing her outfits for when they eventually arrive. Her finest clothes won't do, but at least she'll be able to use her favored style rather than the practically civilian clothes she has to don in Republic space.

Thundercracker
2019-02-15, 11:43 PM
Dax either spends his time training, or getting to know his teammates, or finding out their capabilities and training. He would be interested in enhancements to his lightsaber, once they have credits to pay for it.

He’s fairly quiet and soft spoken, and it’s clear he’s typically an order taker within the Jedi ranks. He has seen fighting, and he’s lost people to the war. Above all else he is dedicated to eradicating the Sith and restoring peace to the galaxy, toeing the Jedi line completely.

Spiritus
2019-02-16, 12:21 AM
Ten spends the first day of the trip assembling himself a suitable weapon and working on the suppressor. Then he turns to tweaking Onyx's gear for her at a comfortable profit. When he isn't working on his various projects, he spends his time getting to know the various nooks and crannies of the ship. the sight of him emerging covered in grease from under the deck paneling becomes normal after the second day or so.

Unfortunately, he is unable to construct a suppressor for the transceiver by the time they arrive.

Building a Pulse-Wave Rifle, taking ten on mechanics:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Extra rolls in case I roll low, 1 roll per hour.
Edit: so it takes five hours to assemble the rifle.

I'll take ten to increase the damage on Onyx's weapons and buff the Pilot Droid's dex.

GSisco
2019-02-17, 12:54 PM
Onyx spends his time either at the captain's chair or wandering the ship, to watch the others in their work/training. He is cordial and friendly but keeps personl details to a minimum with anyone except Ten. He will listen and observe and try to get as much nformation as he can casually absorb about his new teammates.

When alone, he searches his memories and the holonet for as much relevant information as he can about the destination.

Galactic Lore: [roll0]
Sorry for the delay.

Henry the 57th
2019-02-17, 02:12 PM
The five day trip to Denon seems to pass in a mere fraction of that time, both the easy luxury of the Fun and Profit and subtle pang of nerves blurring the senses of the four intrepid Republic agents. Still, they find ways to occupy their time, whether it be in swordplay, mechanics, reading, chatting, or even in simple meditation. There are always things to keep the mind occupied, so by the time the space yacht slides out of hyperspace above the city world, little time seems to have passed at all.

Denon is an an ecumenopolis world, or city growth covering the entire surface, similar to Coruscant. As a world that sits on the crossroads of the Hydian Way and the Corellian Run, it benefits immensely from running down two of the largest and best-used hyperspace lanes in the galaxy. It further benefits as being a gateway to trade between the Colonies and Inner Rim, and as such enjoys a constant flow of traffic and immigration from those eager to make their fortunes in trade or speculation. Czerka, of course, has not been hesitant about setting up shop to claim a portion of those riches for itself, and is well-established there.

When it was conquered by the Sith some months ago, huge portions of that trade were cut off, including vital supplies following the Hydian Way to loyal Republic worlds further out on the Rim. As long as they can hold it, they can effectively lay siege to huge portions of the galactic southeast that still resist their rule, such as Eriadu and other worlds that rely on trade to maintain themselves. Information since the fall has been harder to come by, but according to Czerka's own intermittent transitions the Sith have invited in all sorts of smugglers and disreputable traders to fill the void, and mercenaries to help enforce their rule on the teeming masses suddenly out of a job. Internal memos speculate that the company could in time take over all meaningful trade to Sith occupied Denon, a major economic coup.

When the luxurious starship does smoothly drop out of hyperspace, she does so to a scene of of utter devastation. The exit point for the primary hyperlane out of the Colonies is choked with an uncountable mess of debris drifting aimlessly through the void. The wrecked hulls of Republic and Sith spacecraft of every kind, from mighty battleships to simple converted freighters and starfighters, litter the space around where the group emerges. Smaller ships duck and weave amidst the cosmic wreckage, some swarming about the largest superstructures like flies on a corpse. At least three active capital ships stand watch over this entry point, and the yacht's sensors have no issue spotting dozens of starfighter squadrons vigilantly patrolling the surrounding space for any evidence of incoming Republic craft.

One of the Sith ship, the Triumphant, wastes little time in hailing the Fun and Profit, tersely demanding authorization codes in the name of Darth Chordis even while it is establishing a target lock on the smaller ship. Anyone sane bites their lips a little as the team replies with the Czerka CFO's personal code, but fortunately it takes the void titan only a few minutes to verify the team's clearance and lower its guard. A pair of sleek grey-black starfighters is dispatched to guide the star yacht through the debris field and onwards towards the planet itself.

As the quartet gets closer and the shining city-world itself comes more fully into view, they can evidence of further, smaller fields of debris scattered around the system, slowly being picked apart by scavengers. At least a dozen capital class ships hang in orbit above the planet, along with scores of skyhooks and other space stations of varying size and quality, including orbital defense platforms undergoing construction or repair. The twin starfighters break off on when the Fun and Profit enters the atmosphere itself. From there local traffic control directs it along a flight path above the gleaming cityscape, some still scarred and pitted from explosions or turbolaser fire.

The route takes the starship to a particularly tall and smooth-looking building constructed of some polished silvery alloy, the black symbol of Czerka Corporation emblazoned proudly on all four sides. There are several landing pads jutting out from the side of the building, perched seemingly precariously above the plummeting gap down to the original crust. The yacht is cleared to land at one of the higher spaces, a mere twenty floors below the peak of the mountainous office building. A delegation consisting of two humans and a Nemoidian in rich robes alongside a well-polished bronze protocol droid is waiting there already as the group touches down.

When the landing ramp slides down and the four stride or slither down the, the human in the lead speaks up.

"We're pleased to welcome you to Denon," she says in a pleasant voice, with a slight bow. "Our staff has been eagerly waiting to receive you."

Hazuki
2019-02-17, 03:37 PM
When it's finally time to descend, Boone cannot be more pleased. She's naturally changed into her Sith attire - the cloak, especially, being her favorite part as she strides down the ramp. Although she isn't going to greet the servants herself - she is, after all, an advisor - the smug smile on her face and the confidence in her steps certainly make it seem like she's all too pleased to accept their courtesy. Save for the Neimodian, of course. They, she ignores entirely.

Spiritus
2019-02-17, 06:08 PM
When the ship descends, Ten begins his usual routine for landing on a hostile world. A quick visit to the refresher, clothes laundered, rifle slung on his back and pistol at his belt. Most importantly, his illegal Security Kit is tucked into the handle of his false glowstick.

Preparations complete, he meets the rest to the team at the ramp, and assumes his usual position just behind and to the left of Onyx.

The DC for finding the security kit is 34, taking ten on my stealth check. (10+10 false glow Rod+5 for diminutive object+9 skill)

Thundercracker
2019-02-17, 07:43 PM
Dax has switched out his normal attire for black. Black cloak, black gloves, black boots, lightsaber swinging brazenly from his belt. He drew the hood up before they descended and took a position to the right and slightly behind Boone, ready to jump in and defend her and the others should blaster bolts start flying. It was easy to slip into this role, it was what he was trained for after all.

GSisco
2019-02-18, 12:48 AM
Onyx never stresses through the security clearance. He paints a smile on his face that remains as he exits the ramp towards the welcoming committee.

"It is good to see that we are so warmly received. On behalf of Czerka, my team and I would be honored to be of service to you in any way we can."

Henry the 57th
2019-02-18, 03:32 AM
"I'm very pleased to hear that," the woman says politely. "Now, Mr. Sloane gave orders that he wished to see you as promptly as possible, and it wouldn't do for you to keep him waiting." She beckons with one delicate-looking hand. "This way, if you please."

Without waiting to see whether or not anyone is following, the woman, man, and alien all turn around and begin walking back across the landing platform, stoically ignoring the wind whipping at their hair and clothing. Following them at their brisk and steady pace takes the four in blast sliding transparisteel double doors and into a strange wonderland. While the surface of the planet outside is an endless shining cityscape of skyscrapers and airspeeders, once the doors close behind them all four of the visitors are suddenly hit by the smell of nature. The scents of perfume flowers, wintry evergreen, aged and smokey beech, and more verdant natural odors drift freely through the building.

Around the visitors and their guides are numerous offices, one and all either equipped with broad windows or walled entirely by transparisteel, and surrounded by lush waiting furniture and lush vegetation. Plants are everywhere as they walk through Czerka's building, whether sprouting from pots or the floor itself, hanging from the ceiling, or ivy creeping along the walls. Conveniently, they notice, these growths always seem to be just in the right position to block the view of the offices' occupants, creating an illusion of intimacy in some wild place. towards the center of the floor is a wide open shaft, and looking down it as they pass by they can see what appears to be a full-fledged garden, complete with crystal clear pond stocked with colorful fish, some few stories below. Numerous beings are sitting on stone or leather furniture down there, either talking with one another or brooding silently. One of the guests even appears to be wearing the dark robes and decorated war mask of a Sith Acolyte.

For all of that, the four of them have little time to examine this strange office building before they reach a transparisteel turbolift, broad and accommodating, that takes them up several stories to past where the central shaft ends. When the lifts slows to a stop and opens up again, the broad room around them takes up an entire floor and looks like nothing so much as a sprawling indoor jungle. Well-pruned deciduous trees arc upwards to form a canopy entirely blocking out the ceiling, bright green ferns spread wide across the ground. A stone path leads to a bridge across a gently babbling brook, clear as crystal. Colorful birds from a dozen worlds chirp cheerfully amidst the leafage, while little insects scurry and buzz from place to place. The only reminder any of this is artificial is a small droid in the distance, quietly and unobtrusively sheering away at a low-hanging branch threatening to intrude on the stone walkway. There can be no question at all that for a city world, this is the height of luxury.

Near the center of the artificial woodland, the group comes upon an older, chubby-looking man seated in a plush chair behind a well-varnished wooden desk right next to the steam. He seems to notice the newcomers quite quickly and puts aside the datapad he had apparently been reading, pours some steaming brew from a pot to a delicate-looking mug beside him, and smiles gregariously.

"Ah, our friends from the Core arrive at last!" he beams, gesturing widely. "By all means, have a seat. I hope your journey here from headquarters wasn't too troublesome?" Not bothering to wait for an answer, he goes on. "Do you take anything? I've always found it nicer to discuss business over refreshments."

GSisco
2019-02-18, 08:22 AM
Onyx smiles and greets the man. "It is a pleasure to make your aquaintance. The trip was rather boring, I dare say. That's just the price of doing what I do I suppose. Compared to places like this, star ships are horribly mundane." After gesturing around at the artificial woodland, he will take his seat. "I would be happy to have a spot of whatever is on hand. I do agree with you on that point. I think we are going to get along quite well."

Hazuki
2019-02-18, 09:04 AM
Boone strolls through the artificial woodlands, her mild wonder mixed with questions as to the actual nature of the place. How much does this artificial nature actually serve the purpose the same things would serve were it truly natural? The fact that it's so pretty and splendorous only makes it seem more artificial, serving the whims of...well, the fat man ahead of them.

"Water, thanks." Boone says, as she takes her seat. Will the water be natural, or filtered? Ah, what fun awaits in the answer.

Thundercracker
2019-02-18, 11:23 AM
Dax remained standing, thumbs in his belt, acting as a silent bodyguard for Boone.

Spiritus
2019-02-18, 03:30 PM
Like Dax, Ten remains standing. This isn't his battlefield.

Henry the 57th
2019-02-18, 06:54 PM
"I'm very pleased to hear that," Sloane returns Onyx's greeting warmly. "Good acquaintances make for the best business partners, I find."

The older man smiles gregariously as he reaches over and pours a small mug full of the same steaming brew that he is drinking, and hands it casually to Onyx. For all its apparent thinness, the cup's exterior is perfectly cool to the touch, and the light brown-green liquid within it smells like some sort of exotic tea that the Zygerrian has never tasted before. As for Boone, it doesn't take very long at all for a small droid to float noiselessly over to her with a glass of crystal clear water in one of its thin claws. A small sip reveals that it doesn't taste filtered at all, more like some kind of mineral water. From the looks of it, it might well have come from the artificial stream around the five of them. Dax and Ten have silence returned for silence, the old man giving them brief looks before moving on. He makes a small gesture with his left hand, and the trio of guides slowly fade back into the beautiful forest, their footsteps soon lost amongst the sounds of flowing water and singing birds.

It is only when the Czerka executive and the four agents are apparently alone that the man's jovial demeanor drops, if only by a fraction. He sits back in his cushioned leather chair, takes a long sip of his tea, and then gives a deep sigh and closes his eyes a moment. When they open again, he begins speaking immediately.

"Now," he says slowly. "On to the matter at hand. I trust our mutual superiors have filled you in on the importance of tracking down our man and his technology? It would be quite a coup for all of us if you were to bring it back, and they've asked that I provide what help I can. I'm afraid that I have been rather busy of late, but I'm always ready to advance our position in the galaxy." He smiles again, a little bit wryly this time. "Now, I can hardly spend all my own time on this one project, but I am pleased to report that I have some leads for you." He reaches into his desk and extracts an old-fashioned folder full of flimsiplast sheets.

"Firstly," he flips it open to a small profile picture of a broad tower covered in antennas and surrounded linked by bridgeworks to several nearby buildings. Improvised fortifications and heavy weapons emplacements are obvious even on the relatively small image. "We have the primary Traffic Control Headquarters. A spate of... defenestrations since the change in administration have convinced the workers there to thoroughly monitor and record every ship coming in and out of this system, so it is all but certain that if our mysterious friends passed this way, there is a record of it kept there. Unfortunately the sight of former coworkers plummeting screaming to their deaths hundreds of floors below has rendered the survivors remarkably resistant to bribery." Sloane sighs again. "More underhanded measures might be necessary to get ahead, if you take my meaning. I'm told that the lower floors are not well monitored."

"Secondly," he shows another sheet, this time bearing a picture of a darkened cantina clearly well below the gleaming high rises. "Rumors have reached Czerka of a mercenary drunkenly boasting of having hit Coruscant not two days ago down in the depths. If he's what he says he is, he would mostly likely have some idea of who hired him and where they have gone."

"And finally," he shows a picture of Denon's Palace of Democracy, formerly the seat of its local Senate, now covered in Sith banners. "We have the new administration itself. As you might imagine, the turnover has not exactly been smooth and the reliability of Lady Sacrisa's subordinates is somewhat less than she would hope for. Traitors, opportunists, and various forms of Hutt slime infest every level of her court, despite her best efforts. Many of them are looking for favors of the deniable sort, and would be willing to do one in return." There's no judgement implied in the man's voice, though his eyes seem just a fraction harder.

"As best I can tell," Sloane sits back in his chair, pushing the files towards the group, "these represent the three most viable avenues to rapidly acquiring the information that our superiors are after. Does one or more appeal to you?"

Hazuki
2019-02-19, 11:47 AM
Boone crosses her legs and leans back in her chair as she considers the options presented to them. "The traffic control and administration seem the best options." She says, as she takes a sip of her water. "I'm sure me and my apprentice could make waves in the latter, and the Hutts are almost as greasy as Czerka. Onyx can handle them, or I can do both, while you and Ten look into traffic control?" She offers, looking to the pair "I know next to nothing about tech, so I don't know if I'd be of much use there. And after we're all done, or dead, we can pay a quick visit to the cantina, if need be."

Spiritus
2019-02-20, 12:32 AM
Ten speaks up. "I concur, Ma'am." He says. "Computers may not be my specialty, but I believe I could manage Traffic Control with some help." He shifts to stand even more at attention than he was before, somehow. "It's not my place to decide anything, but I believe Mr. Onyx's slicing abilities would supplement my own."

Henry the 57th
2019-02-20, 02:35 AM
"If you're thinking about Traffic Control, you should know the Sith have increased security there since their acquisition of the planet," Sloane says, taking another sip of tea. "And we aren't entirely certain about the details of it. We do have a few potential leads amidst the upper ranks of the new administration, but nothing that isn't half rumors and speculation." He gives an irritated huff. "It's a gamble, any way you look at it."

GSisco
2019-02-20, 07:00 AM
Onyx takes a few sips of his tea taking in the knowledge. Only once the escorts have left does he let his smile fade. "The question is, do we start with the simplest to do or the most likely to check out. The mercenary at the bar should be easy to confirm the story of. We saw enough of what happened that just hearing what he has to say should be enough. I agree with Ten though. The two of us should be able to get what we need from Traffic Control. I have a few ideas to try before we go too far into breakin in. It may require sone help from you though.

Hazuki
2019-02-20, 08:42 AM
"If there are details on the traffic control in administration, we ought to go there first." Boone chimes in. "Better nobody ends up in the sights of some bounty hunter we didn't know was there."

Thundercracker
2019-02-20, 09:37 PM
Dax

“I’m okay with anything,” Dax said, “though I think the more of these options we explore, the bigger the chance we get caught. I think we should stick with one and if it doesn’t work out, move on to the next. If we succeed on the first one, no need to risk getting caught on the other two.”

Henry the 57th
2019-02-20, 10:46 PM
Sloane eyes Onyx carefully while he drinks a bit of the strange tea. It's quite strong and rather exotic, with an odd blend of bitterness and spicy heat that most would find rather odd if not entirely unpalatable.

"What kind of help did you have in mind?" the old man asks the Zygerrian. "Even we can't be too open about... less savory business practices. Not unless I want to get eaten by the witch's pets, and I assure you I don't."

GSisco
2019-02-21, 06:19 AM
Onyx smiled with another sip of the tea at the question. "I was hoping to procure documentation stating the ship was company property and that I am conducting an investigation into the theft of a ship. It may make going about things the normal way more possible. And when that fails, I would like to purchase a stealth field generator."

Henry the 57th
2019-02-22, 12:58 AM
"It's rather difficult to have something declared company property when you don't even know its transponder code," Sloane eyes Onyx skeptically. "We can try, but how well it would hold up depends on how stupid the other man is and how much you've paid him. And if you're wanting a stealth field generator, you should know the Sith have made them illegal for all nonmilitary personnel here. But I may know a few less than savory suppliers." Looking around more broadly, he raises an eyebrow. "So am I correct in assuming that you wish to both visit Traffic Control and stop by the new administration?"

Hazuki
2019-02-22, 08:17 AM
"Actually, I think Dax has a point." Boone says. "Two groups in two directions is much more suspicious. Better we handle one, or one at a time, I think."

Henry the 57th
2019-02-22, 09:41 PM
"As much as I enjoy sitting around and mulling it over, I do remind you that you're on something of a timetable." Sloane says. "I would suggest that you simply take a vote on what to do. The sad reality is that they could very well be ripping the prize from our target's mind as we speak."

Thundercracker
2019-02-22, 10:43 PM
Dax

“I vote we go slice the communications tower,” Dax said, “the less people know we’re asking around the better. This way if we do it right nobody knows we were even here.”

Spiritus
2019-02-23, 12:16 AM
"I vote for the Palace," Ten says. "I think its our best bet to get information on the other two leads."

Hazuki
2019-02-23, 12:22 PM
"I concur with Ten: The Palace." Boone smiles.

GSisco
2019-02-23, 04:05 PM
Then let's start with the palace, Onyx says with a long draft of his tea.

Henry the 57th
2019-02-23, 11:45 PM
"Well, that settles that issue, at least for now." Sloane drains the last of his tea, then sets it aside for the moment. "So, if it's the palace you intend to visit, you'll need the know the basics." He shows the four a picture of the same red-skinned woman that they all saw in the briefing at Coruscant. "Darth Chordis is the supreme leader of our administration, but seems to prefer to spend all his time in orbit or leading the charge towards the Core, so you're probably not going to run into him. Lady Sacrisa is the one who usually holds court for him. My advice for dealing with her is to avoid her if at all possible. She dresses and talks like some archaic priestess with an inflexible code of protocol no one really understands, and a truly vicious hair-trigger temper. She's been known to her Sithspawn pets eat petitioners that set her off right in front of everyone else there." The old man winces. "If you have to talk to her try not to mention anything about any previous Sith Empires, ask about her species, or imply she needs to change anything about herself."

"Czerka has found it's more convenient and profitable to deal with Acolyte Hest," he shows a picture of a young, slender, pale human obviously barely past his teenage years and trying to look more menacing than he is. "He's a former local as I understand it, but more to the point is a scheming little weasel with a dozen plots going on every single day and who always needs more help. He's one of the few people who seems to have any sway with the good Lady and tries to have a few fingers in every pie, so he could probably pull the right strings. He's always willing to make a deal."

"There's also the resident 'ambassador' from Nal Hutta, Ijora. He's a bloated slug who deals with anyone, for anything, at any time without a moment's scruple. He's competition, in other words." Sloane smiles in a slightly self-deprecating manner.

"While those two are the ones we deal with most frequently, there are of course other potential leads that you might run into there. General Cochran, the head of ordinary planetary security forces." There's an image older, scarred, tanned, weatherbeaten man bedecked in polished armor. "Or Minister Yvette, a holdover from the previous administration and head of Denon's Department of Transportation." Another human, this time a middle-aged and haggard-looking woman. "And of course more sychophants, acolytes, smugglers, and criminals than you can shake a stick at. The exact composition of the court can vary substantially from day to day." He shrugs.

"Now, unless you had any questions, I can have one of our company's airspeeders loaned to you for your stay, and you can be on your way."

Hazuki
2019-02-24, 12:54 PM
"None from me." Boone smiles. "But we should all agree not to use commlinks for private information. There are bound to be slicers abounds in the Palace and it won't do to let them in on our intentions." She suggests, as she hands what's left of her water to the droid.

Spiritus
2019-02-24, 05:22 PM
Ten nods his thanks to the man politely, eager to begin the search.

Good idea, he says to Boone. Pity we don't have time to procure scramblers, but needs must.

Thundercracker
2019-02-24, 11:42 PM
Dax

Dax nodded and retook his place near Boone. They were planning to walk right into the rancor’s den. He supposed the others must have seen something he didn’t. He was never very good at strategizing anyway.

GSisco
2019-02-25, 01:20 AM
Onyx finished his tea and stood. "Thank you for your time and refreshments. It was delightful."
Seeing the sad face of the jedi, he gave Ten a pat on the back. "Don't worry buddy. I was with you on that. We will try that next but first I have to see this."

Henry the 57th
2019-02-25, 05:36 PM
"Well, good to hear that you're all ready to go and... make an acquisition," Sloane says calmly, leaning back contentedly into his chair. "Since that's the case I see no reason to beat around the bush. Time is money and there's nothing Czerka likes better."

The small hovering droid hanging unobstrusively behind Boone accepts her empty glass without comment, then at a slight nod from the corporate executive retreats across the stream and vanishes amidst the greenery. It doesn't take more than thirty seconds for a silvery protocol droid to come softly over the bridge on well-oiled joints, bowing slightly to the small group.

"GE11-73 at your service, masters and mistress," it says.

"My guests have finished their business here," Sloane says. "Please see them to their transport."

"Of course, sir," the droid replies, beckoning with one hand. "If you'll kindly follow me."

"Happy hunting," the Czerka officer waves lazily, as the four are led off.

The silvery droid guides the Republic team through the winding green pathways, though not the way that they came. This time the are taken to a transparisteel elevator along the outside of the building, offering a breathtaking view of the hundreds if not thousands of stories vanishing into an impermeable blackness far below the sun's touch. Almost a hundred stories below the luxurious office forest it is encase by an ordinary durasteel tube, and perhaps a dozen floors below that opens up into an open-air garage packed with what looks to be about thirty identical sleek black airspeeders stamped with Czerka's logo in white. GE11 gestures at the nearest one.

"Your means of transport," it offers. "Do you require assistance to pilot it or is it your preference to drive yourselves?"

Hazuki
2019-02-25, 06:16 PM
"Oh, I don't have a license. Gentlemen?" Boone asks, glancing at her companions-in-espionage.

GSisco
2019-02-27, 12:26 AM
Onyx shrugged."Company ship. Let the company droid do it. Liability issues and the such.

Spiritus
2019-02-27, 01:05 AM
Reasonable enough. Ten shrugs.

Thundercracker
2019-02-27, 01:50 AM
Dax followed along quietly, taking a seat in the back.

Henry the 57th
2019-02-27, 03:43 AM
"I see. Very well then, my good sirs and ma'am," GE11 says, tapping on a button built into its sleek silver arm. "My counterpart CDL-6507 will see you safely and swiftly to the headquarters of the planetary government, if that is what you prefer."

As the group approaches the black airspeeder, its doors all open simultaneously to reveal a dark leather-lined interior capable of hosting at least six beings in relative comfort, and what looks to be a float sphere with four twig-like limbs emerging from its top floating above the driver's seat. The odd-looking droid doesn't say anything when the group takes their seats, nor does it ask for any instructions. As soon as they are settled in, it seals the doors and takes off at speeds that might be considerably questionably legal back on Coruscant.

Despite the rapid pace the droid adopts, there seems little danger of any collision. As the go zooming by the uncounted skyscrapers that make up Denon's upper levels, the anyone looking out the darkly tinted windows notices that there are far fewer airspeeders in designated lanes than one might expect for an ecumenopolis world of this size. The skies that they travel on are practically deserted, especially in comparison to those on the Core worlds. The effect might be unnerving if they had much time to mull it over, but the almost breakneck pace the droid pilot adopts means that there is precious little time for consideration before the airspeeder pulls out of the durasteel forest and into a clearing.

Ahead, the four can see a sprawling complex of mansion-like estates in the style of Chandrila or Alderaan built atop a plateau of durasteel, visible from this angle as arranged into a series of widening concentric circles around a soaring marble-white palace structure crowned with a golden statue of some alien bird of prey. They can the see the stairs leading up to the Palace of Democracy, where Darth Chordis broadcast his infamous execution of the planet's former leader, now packed with armored troopers behind barricades and a steady flow of beings in and out. As the their vehicle begins its approach, the droid pilot slows down for the first time to briefly transmit credentials to a security speeder hovering briefly alongside them. All seems to be in order, because the other vehicle soon pulls away after giving brief landing instructions.

The Czerka airspeeder is allowed to touch down barely a block from the palace itself, with a clear rout between lesser buildings straight up to the nerve center of the government. Judging from how many people are walking past this area going too and fro, it seems a bit of a privileged parking spot. As they walk towards their destination, the four get a good look at the opulent gardens, fountains, and even a small park woven into the vast amount of space that forms this plateau. And the sheer size of the palace itself becomes all the more apparent the closer it gets, at least ten stories of marble-white and gold floors, its sides now draped in equally massive banners bearing massive gold and black runes set against violet and crimson backgrounds.

Though you don't speak it, your training is enough that you recognize these banners as having some meaning in the original Sith language.

While there are barricades around and on the stairway leading up to the palace's front entrance that are well-manned by armored soldiers and heavy-weapons platforms, there's still a direct route to the front door. While the faceless armored soldiers seem to be keeping an eye on the flow of people, they're making no effort to check for ids or weaponry. The prevailing assumption appears to be that if you are here then you are meant to be here, and Force help you if you start anything. It doesn't escape anyone's notice how easily they could gun down the entire crowd in a matter of seconds with the six heavy repeating blaster cannons they have set up.

Closer to the actual door, the four can see two black-cloaked figures in light armor and and tradition war masks, lightsabers hanging openly at their belts. They don't seem to react to anyone or anything in particular, even the Force-users amongst the group as the pass, but they do certainly imply that any trespassers ought to think twice.

Once past the occupation force's guards, the group finds themselves in a vast entry hall that must once have hosted some sort of art gallery before being looted and covered with Sith iconography and holo-images of prominent Darths past and present. There are several dozen other beings in this room, some heading to any of the five separate hallways leading in various directions, some chatting in various small groups, and some simply mulling about, apparently without. Mostly, they are human, but at least a few Zebrak, Twi'lek, and Falleen individuals are also present alongside a few armored or masked figure whose species is unclear. The large hallway leading directly away from the front entrance must clearly be the way to the throne room, but beyond that the destinations are not immediately obvious.

Perception checks if you please, everyone.

Hazuki
2019-02-27, 08:23 AM
Boone strides along the planet's surface with all the confidence of a bird in the sky. All the grandeur, all the black, all the masks, she might as well be back on the Sunshroud. The cannons at the gate of their administrative building gives her no small amount of delight, though she hides it with her usual smug smirk.

Then they're inside and it'll soon be time to set to work politicking.

[roll0]

Spiritus
2019-02-28, 04:41 AM
Ten remains slightly behind and to the left of Onyx, back military straight A's he slithers forward. Huh. Nice placement on those heavies. He muses.Not as much cover as I'd use, though. Guess they had to compromise for aesthetics.

Ten will take ten for 18 on the perception check.

Henry the 57th
2019-02-28, 03:51 PM
This is a broad and fancy entrance hall covered with lush red carpet complimenting the white marble walls and ceiling, with gold set in elaborate flourishes everywhere and light coming from bronze chandeliers and the massive glass windows allowing in the clear afternoon sun. Banners and tapestries depicting ancient events none of you have ever heard of now hang over empty spaces where statues might once have been, and pliniths formerly crown with high art now sport holoimages of prominent Sith Lords, Darth Chordis and Lady Sacrisa among them.

The five branching doors are labeled with Sith runes, and, seemingly grudgingly, a Basic translation underneath. From left to right, they read: Ministry of Security, Ministry of Transport and Immigration, Audience Chamber, Ministry of the Treasury, Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Your all-seeing eyes and preexisting familiarity with this kind of place allow you to pick out details and patterns where no one else could. Apart from the obvious flow of traffic to and from the throne room dead ahead, you pick out the telltale swagger of Sith acolytes, most of them not wearing the black costumes, scattered throughout the room. You catch the word "Hest" muttered between two such plainclothes acolytes before on of them breaks away from the crowd and vanishes quietly through the entrance furthest to the right.

There's also a group of beings clustered around an open Sith, elaborate dark robes and jewelry indicated a high rank or at least pretensions thereto. Among the beings crowded around him, head bowed meekly and silent, you recognize a Twi'lek woman who is a dead ringer for the holo you saw of Republic agent Nyl Tijo.

Further back, you can see several apparent military officers in naval uniforms chatting with robed bureaucrats with frowns and grave expressions on their faces.

There are also at least two groups of what are obviously criminals or shady corporate reps speaking in either hushed tones or exaggerated swagger about how they're making a killing in Denon's shortage economy.

Those are the only groups actively staying in the front hall, the flow of traffic largely dispersed out towards the wings of the palace or straight ahead towards the throne room proper.
Looking around carefully, you spot the biggest crowd around a man in elaborate black robes and shining jewelry, apparently laughing it up at something he said. One of the Twi'leks in it looks kinda familiar, as if you'd seen here before somewhere.

You also see some worried-looking naval officers conferring with some robed beings near the entrance to the Ministry of Security. They're being very hush hush, but oddly aren't moving into the presumably more secure confines of the actual ministry.
All the people moving too and fro in this lavish and unfamiliar environment makes it difficult for you to get a real lock on any one specific event. But you do notice that the biggest group is around s fancy robed man, hanging on him like doting syncophants. Beyond that, the sometimes graphic holograms of Sith Lords carving up their enemies are rather distracting.
This definitely seems like the sort of place that Czerka reps would be interested in. There's the most obvious man in the room, a Sith you don't recognize in tailored robes and shining jewelry that you definitely do. He has the look of an egotistical and self-important mid-ranker, and an appropriately overcompensating gaggle of sycophants hanging on his every word.

Apart from him, though, you catch a glimpse of a brief whispered conversation between two beings in rather plain and unobtrusive civilian clothing, before one nods and slips away into the doorway reading Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

Thundercracker
2019-02-28, 08:00 PM
Dax stayed quiet and followed along near Boone, keeping their cover.

Hazuki
2019-02-28, 08:49 PM
Boone takes a moment to absorb the information all around her. The Acolytes are a good thing to keep in mind; usually eager to prove themselves, just like she'd been, and full of ambition or anger, just like people she'd rather forget. Military officers - there was likely something to that, as soon as she could get a private word with her companions, and if they were struggling...well, that was good for the Republic.

But the thing that catches her eye most is the high-ranking Sith and his gaggle of lackeys. The Republic spy could be a hindrance or a help; she didn't want to hurt her cover. But appearances account for half of everything when it comes to dealing with people, so the ostentatious man ought to be their first target.

"Stay close, Dax. Don't let your saber hands get itchy." Boone tells her "apprentice", then looks to Onyx. "So, here we are. If I were you, I'd find the Sith with the fanciest robes and let them know you're here for Czerka. As politely as you can, of course - you might have credits enough for my favor, but harder souls have higher paygrades."

Thundercracker
2019-02-28, 09:08 PM
Dax

“They’re less itchy when I’m holding a lightsaber,” Dax replied, “but as always I’ll wait for someone to attack before scratching.”

GSisco
2019-03-01, 06:58 AM
Onyx was keeping an eye on the apparent civilian who hadn't snuck off. "Yeah? That makes my target obvious. And what is your plan?"

Hazuki
2019-03-01, 08:22 AM
"Advising you, of course." Boone says.

GSisco
2019-03-01, 08:36 AM
"Then lets see what all of the excitemeny is about." Making casual conversation along the way with the people he passes, Onyx will try to make his way over towards the suspicious civilian.

"Excuse me sir? I've only just arrived. The gentleman over there seems to be quite popular, yeah? Is he very important?"

Hazuki
2019-03-01, 09:20 AM
Boone facepalms.

Henry the 57th
2019-03-01, 10:45 AM
The civilian in question, a tanned human female with long black hair and wearing a nondescript blue tunic, pants, and military boots, at first just blinks and looks mildly dumbfounded. But she rallies a moment later and her expression goes from startled to skeptical as she eyes up the Zygerrian.

"That..." she clears her throat, "That's no secret. He would be Lord Kauris, one of Lady Sacrisa's foremost apprentices, and to hear him tell it the most proficient warrior, politician, and lover this side of Alderaan." She eyes Onyx again, suspiciously. "Who did you say you were again?"

Spiritus
2019-03-01, 07:51 PM
Dorne stays quiet and keeps an eye on the exits. This isn't his kind of battlefield.

GSisco
2019-03-02, 12:40 AM
Onyx smiled and bowed. My name is Onyx. I have just been given some time off by Czerka. I figured while I was here, I might as well come... Explore my options. I'm sure someone as... extravagant as Lord Kauris pays well? I thought you looked like,someone with their pulse on things around here."

This is more stretching the truth than flat out lying but I will roll deception to be safe. [roll0]

Henry the 57th
2019-03-02, 10:37 PM
The woman rolls her eyes at Onyx's comment. "Of course he pays well, he only has access to the collected wealth of entire conquered worlds," anyone listening can detect a faint of envy in her tone. "If all you're after is credits then I'm sure he has some menial task for you. Holding his mirror perhaps, or polishing his collection of jewels. It's of no concern to me." She moves to walk around the Zygerrian. "Now, I'm a busy woman and I'm uninterested in talking about his highness over there. If you want to hear stories about him he and his lackeys will be more than happy to yammer to you for hours."

Thundercracker
2019-03-05, 08:01 PM
Dax Sunfire

“Ugh, we should have just infiltrated the lower levels of he control tower...” Dax thought.

Seeing everyone else hesitating and their chance about to slip away, he stepped boldly towards the Sith apprentice, lightsaber swinging brazenly on his hip. He kept his hood low to increase the air of mystery and foreboding.

“Lord Kauris,” he said quietly, neatly stepping into a deferential half-bow and lowering his voice a half octave, “my associates and I are recently arrived, consultants with Czerka. I wonder if we might have a moment of your time for a word, away from listening ears and prying eyes?”

Henry the 57th
2019-03-06, 03:49 PM
Getting closer, Dax notices that underneath the hood the Sith Lord actually seems to have a face most would describe and handsome, even friendly-looking. His voice is commanding, though just a bit on the boyish side.

"And then I had them all staked out in the noonday sun, blindfolded and gagged" he is boasting while Dax weaves his way through the crowd of assorted hangers-on. "The Republic idiots moved in to rescue them almost as soon as we were gone of course, but they never realized we'd put the stakes on pressure-sensitive explosives." That earns a round of laughter from the others. "But that was just a sideshow, the real action..." his voice trails off when Dax gets close, eyes studying the other man when he bows and makes his short. One of his companions, a female Zabrak, frowns and begins to say something, but is cut off by a single black-gloved hand.

"Well, I always have time for my brothers and sisters of the Order," Kauris says, slowly. "Could you do me the courtesy of giving me your name?"

Thundercracker
2019-03-06, 07:24 PM
Dax

“Dax Londar, my lord,” Dax replied.

Henry the 57th
2019-03-06, 11:36 PM
"Well, Dax Londar," Lord Kauris continues to eye the Jedi, holding his words a moment before seeming to come to a decision. "I think I can manage to spare a few moments of my time to hear you." There are a few groans from amidst his little audience, but he silences them with a good-natured laugh from the young lord. "Not to worry my friends, I'll only be gone a short while. And if this one tries to assassinate me, then I'll cut his head off and make it my apology gift!" That earns him a bout of laughter from the sycophants, who seem if not happy than at least temporarily placated.

"Now then," he looks back at Dax. "If you wish to speak quietly, I know a cosy little nook. If you'll kindly follow me." The lord beckons with one hand, then seems to glide more than walk directly towards the hallway marked Audience Chamber. He doesn't even seem to bother to look to see if anyone is following.

Thundercracker
2019-03-07, 12:54 AM
Dax followed along quietly, keeping his eyes on the Sith apprentice.

Henry the 57th
2019-03-07, 11:30 PM
Lord Kauris maintains a smooth, even gait as he walks through the grand entranceway, apparently not even bothering to check who might be following. Dax and anyone else who cares to follow find that the way towards the throne room is a lavish hallway covered with plush crimson carpet and filled with nooks displaying weathered statues of ancient warriors bedecked in strange armor and wielding heavy-looking swords. There are over a dozen subordinate doors on either side, and it's into one of those that the Sith Lord slips quietly. Following him leads to a far less decorative hallway with several offices and tributary halls breaking away from it, the occupants falling into a nervous silence as the black-cloaked figures pass. Kauris soon opts to take a flight of stairs down three floors and into a strictly utilitarian level populated by harsh-looking beings of a dozen species in military uniforms, armored sentinels, and analysis droids scurrying to and fro. He chooses, seemingly at random, a harsh and completely barren office room devoid of occupants.

"Now then," he says, the cheerful affectation from earlier completely gone. "What is it you wished to talk about?"

Thundercracker
2019-03-07, 11:51 PM
Dax

Dax kept his thoughts guarded as he withdrew his hood.

“Thank you for your time, my lord,” he said, “my associates and I specialize in scratching itches. Such a prestigious and influential person as yourself, powerful though you may be, almost always have itches that need to be scratched but are somehow just out of your reach, or perhaps you yourself are in a situation where you cannot be seen to be scratching an itch. We scratch the itch for you, so you don’t need to be seen dirtying your hands so.”

Dax took a moment to judge whether the Sith seemed intrigued at all.

Spiritus
2019-03-08, 04:47 AM
And perhaps, my Lord, Ten says, Once we have scratched an itch of yours, you might be so generous as to scratch one of ours?

Henry the 57th
2019-03-08, 11:09 PM
Kauris' green eyes flicker from Dax to Ten and back again, studying them both in silence for a tense few seconds. Then, without warning, he bursts out laughing, genuine-sounding and warm. The incongruous sight of a Sith Lord looking actually normal is made even more surreal when he leans over onto a desk with one hand, using it to stabilize himself. He continues laughing in his same rich voice for a good few seconds before he manages to regain his composure somewhat and stand up straight again.

"Well well well," he chuckles, wiping a tear from the edge of his eye. "It's not often I get gentlemen spontaneously volunteering their services as assassins. You truly must want something very, very much. Tell me what it is you seek, and I might just be inclined to name my price."

Thundercracker
2019-03-08, 11:53 PM
Dax

“Assassins? Dear me no,” Dax replied, “we merely scratch itches, my lord. Although sometimes there are unfortunate and unavoidable casualties, it is true.”

Dax gave a small smile.

“Our itch is the location of something hidden, something that a great many would like to keep hidden,” Dax replied, “tell us about your itch, and I will name our full price so we might come to an agreement, or not.”

Henry the 57th
2019-03-09, 11:55 PM
"Well," Kauris seems to consider something for a moment, tapping his chin with a black-gloved hand. "I do have a former... intimate associate who's been shooting her mouth off at me ever since our affair ended a weeks back. My master sent her to depths to hunt insurgents. To keep her away from me, I think. I'm rather tired of hearing about her commentary on my parentage. If you'll kindly see to it that she ceases her inane prattle permanently, I think I might be able to supply you with some information."

Spiritus
2019-03-10, 03:32 AM
"Indeed my Lord," Ten says, "I can see how such a thing might be a nuisance. Would you prefer that she merely be silenced, or would you prefer a more... Terminal solution?"

Thundercracker
2019-03-10, 09:27 AM
Dax

“Hunting insurgents is dangerous business,” Dax said, “one wrong move and you might never be heard from again.”

“Do you know her whereabouts my lord?” Dax asked, “that would help expedite.”

“Our itch is the location of the enemy medical lab technicians who were recently acquired and spirited through here,” Dax said, “a significantly cleaner scratch than what we’ve promised. Is this acceptable?”

Henry the 57th
2019-03-11, 08:34 PM
"I tend to admire more permanent solutions to my problems," Kauris brushes a bit of dust off of one of his sleeves. "As I'm sure you can imagine, my life contains many irritations and I simply grow tired of them after a while." He sighs just a trifle melodramatically. "I can of course get any information on travelers you want in return, though it would help if you were a bit more specific." He sizes up Dax again. "And her coordinates are little issue. The last I've heard of her she's about three hundred clicks north of here and perhaps double that many floors down." He smirks. "Grubbing near the bottom while I live the high in every sense. There's justice in that, I think. But not enough." Kauris smirks a little more. "She's a Falleen woman by the name of Lady Archoy. Thin, muscular, runs around in an armored bodyglove that leaves little to the imagination and a saberstaff to make you regret staring." The Sith chuckles. "I'll almost miss her."

Thundercracker
2019-03-11, 10:47 PM
Darren thanked Kauris for the descriptions and gave the name and a brief description of the ship and technicians they were looking for.

ooc I don’t recall and pressed for time.

He held out a hand to shake.

“How can we notify you of our success?” he asked.

Spiritus
2019-03-12, 04:05 AM
"I tend to admire more permanent solutions to my problems," Kauris brushes a bit of dust off of one of his sleeves. "As I'm sure you can imagine, my life contains many irritations and I simply grow tired of them after a while." He sighs just a trifle melodramatically. "I can of course get any information on travelers you want in return, though it would help if you were a bit more specific." He sizes up Dax again. "And her coordinates are little issue. The last I've heard of her she's about three hundred clicks north of here and perhaps double that many floors down." He smirks. "Grubbing near the bottom while I live the high in every sense. There's justice in that, I think. But not enough." Kauris smirks a little more. "She's a Falleen woman by the name of Lady Archoy. Thin, muscular, runs around in an armored bodyglove that leaves little to the imagination and a saberstaff to make you regret staring." The Sith chuckles. "I'll almost miss her."
Ten bows low to the man. "We shall endeavor to make her quiet as the grave, my Lord." Rising, he continues. "As for our own itch, we seek information on a ship and crew that recently arrived on planet. They had a Sith leading them, along with a JS-assassin model and at least four mercenaries. They also ought to have been carrying captives..." Ten then goes on to detail what he can remember of the ship they escaped on and it's unusual design choices.

Do we have access to the video we were shown in the first post? Do we have mug shots of the kidnappees?

Emmerlaus
2019-03-12, 11:15 PM
Que'Rain datapad start to show the clip they had being showed in the introduction of this adventure. He speak directly in Kausis and Ten mind, interrupting the long explinations: " A picture is worth a thousand words. We are looking up for Doctor Bophro and his crew. "

igordragonian
2019-03-13, 03:53 AM
Ooc: Descrpiton: Big. Even for Herglics she is BIG. Taller then even most Herglic males. Her shining slik skin is black with white stripes and torso, giving a sense of "tiger mama". Muscular yet has feminine figure (for herglic...) wear patterned pants and torn old undershirt under a camouflage poncho, with a hood. Backbag undrlerneath it, make it look like she has a hunch.

Ic:

Umma was silent most of the journey, quite cold to Boone.
Sith... and Jedis.. but before they arrive to the planet she wear her motherly smile, towering over from behind.
Umma was surprisngly, maybe unnaturally swift and silent, and she said nothing, like a gigantic shadow, yet, easily to miss.
She wanted to find Towo... but didn't found a reason to share this with the others yet.
So, Umma waited.

Henry the 57th
2019-03-13, 07:54 PM
Lord Kauris studies Que'Rain's datapad for a few seconds, pausing the video several times to get a good look at the victims, the kidnappers, and the ship itself. He nods once after a moment, apparently satisfied, and then taps a few things into it himself before handing it back over to the diminutive alien.

"I've given your little friend there the last known coordinates of the good lady and her subordinates. They're probably a little out of date by now but they can't be by much. If I know her, just follow the trail corpses and huddled survivors and you should find your target quickly enough. Deal with her," he smirks again, "and when you return I'll have every scrap of information on these little Republic drones all wrapped up and ready for you. And I know you wouldn't dream of trying to cheat me, but just in case you should know that I can feel her presence even from here." He looks over the group. "Any questions?"

Thundercracker
2019-03-13, 08:05 PM
Dax

“How should we notify you of our success?” Dax asked.

Henry the 57th
2019-03-13, 08:12 PM
"Trust me," Kauris grins. "I'll know. Merely return afterwards to claim your end of the bargain."

Thundercracker
2019-03-13, 08:50 PM
"Trust me," Kauris grins. "I'll know. Merely return afterwards to claim your end of the bargain."

Dax shook hands to seal the deal then immediately turned and left the room to track down the target and fulfil their mission.

Emmerlaus
2019-03-13, 09:07 PM
Que' Rain is uneasy to let anyone touch his datapad and as such, have being watching his fingers mouvements VERY closely from the side.

OnceDax shake his hand and leave, he follow him closely, not taking a second look behind. He look at the info put on his datapad very closely and make sure nothing is amiss.

igordragonian
2019-03-14, 02:25 AM
Umma stood, setoic pillar in the shadows.
She can't just ask about Towo, directly. Littlle investiagtion will lead to her real motivation here.
She looked at her supposed Master.

Spiritus
2019-03-14, 04:09 AM
Ten bows low. Always best to act respectful around homicidal maniacs he snarks internally. "Very well, my lord." He hisses. "You will soon have one less nuisance."

He turns on his heel and leaves with the rest of the group.

Henry the 57th
2019-03-14, 11:15 PM
"If you wish to leave without every two-bit idiot in this palace seeing where you've gone, I reccommend the second hallway to the right. Go past the first three sets of stairs to use the first turbolift on your right. The code is 199208. It should take out to one of the buildings across from the palace's front entrance. Feel free to use it to return as well, if you wish." Kauris leans back against a desk, looking pleased with himself. "And may the Force be with you."

When the party follows his directions, they find themselves emerging from the turbolift in one of the lesser but still elaborate palatial buildings occupying the artificial plateau. There are guards posted, some of whom turn their helmets to look at the four, but they say nothing and don't move to impede them. When they emerge back into the sunlight, they can see their airspeeder parked just where they left it. The droid pilot is ready and waiting for them.

"I hope your business here was successful," it says politely. "Where to, sirs?"

igordragonian
2019-03-15, 04:53 AM
"We will be fine." Umma finally said with a smile. "Force or not." She said quite self assured, and walked at the rear like a shadow that looked.. too big.

"If we breath, we are fine." She answered the droid with a smile.

Thundercracker
2019-03-15, 05:07 AM
Dax

Dax instructed the droid to take them to the location indicated by Kauris.

“Okay, so I was thinking we try doing the same thing to this lady,” Dax whispered to the others, “approach her and ask her to speak somewhere in private. Then we jump her.”

“What do you think?” he asked.

igordragonian
2019-03-15, 06:04 AM
"She is a damn force user." Umma said with an annoyed grunt. She will wave her hands at us and send us flying. No. I am sure, we aren't the first bunch going for her head. We can do it, but.. maybe to do it in few waves. Some of us, will hide and [B]our]/B] little Sith Overlord can lead her to an ambush, and only I will ambush her. When she think I am finished, the rest of us can jump her. Something like that."

Thundercracker
2019-03-15, 06:31 AM
Dax

“Too risky, if we’re going to jump her, we should all do it at once,” Dax said, “this way you don’t get your arm or leg, or head, sliced off before we can help you.”

Emmerlaus
2019-03-15, 02:15 PM
Que'Rain help with the coordinate of where they need to go. He stay close to the group and say telepathically: " You guys seem to like the direct approach anyway. It's hard to establish a plan where we doesnt know what kind of bait the target would bite for so it's hard to make a trap, unless she think we are insurgents, somewhat. Or we find a group of insurgents to as a bait. Once we arrive on the planet, if I can find a server, I can try to find out her wereabouts, maybe."

Henry the 57th
2019-03-16, 12:44 AM
As the airspeeder leaves the palace airspace it begins to pick up speed, heading north towards the designated coordinates at a brisk pace. Even so, the distance is long enough that the four beings have plenty of time to plan as the increasingly blurry buildings zip by. From what the group can make out as the airspeeder tears through the sky, the traffic lanes are almost entirely empty, with the tens of thousands of speeders one would expect to see on "Little Coruscant" almost entirely grounded. One hour passes relatively uneventfully, and then another.

The further north they go, the more and more the team sees signs of battle damage. While the skyscrapers near the palace mostly looked pristine, out in the less affluent districts neglect combined with apparent orbital bombardment has left broad swathes of the cityscape devastated. Hundreds of buildings have had their top floors blown off, or holes punched into their sides by weapons fire. Burnt-out vehicles litter shabby-looked landing pads, starfighters and airspeeders alike lie where they fell amidst the metal jungle, and they pass one quarantine zone where what looks to be the shattered hulk of a Republic frigate appears to have crashed into and all but toppled an entire city block's worth of skyscrapers. Leaving that wreck to the soldiers, scavengers, and droids picking through the mess, the speeder carries the group yet further on.

"Sirs," the pilot droid speaks up again at long last, "we are approaching the designated coordinates."

Up ahead, through the speeder's transparisteel viewport, all of them can see what might once have been some kind of upscales residential housing before a turbolaser strike collapsed the uppermost fifty stories, leaving a crown of melted slag and the sides torn off the nearest other towers. Like with the rest of the planet that they've seen, the air traffic lanes are barren, but here instead of just mostly empty they are entirely so. In fact, in the whole enormous gleaming city sprawled around them, they can see no ready signs of life beyond themselves.

"According to the data I have been given, the woman you are seeking was last reported some 579 stories down the Genseri Suites building," the droid's mechanical hands points to the residential building with the melted top. "Shall I begin the descent, and if so to what level?"

Spiritus
2019-03-16, 04:12 AM
Ten Dorne

"Hmmm." Ten considers. Might be best to land a couple floors up; that way we can do a little reconnaissance rather than walking directly into a firefight.

Thundercracker
2019-03-16, 08:56 AM
Dax

“How many grenades do we have?” Dax asked, “maybe we can all just drop them from above her.”

Spiritus
2019-03-16, 11:13 PM
Dax

“How many grenades do we have?” Dax asked, “maybe we can all just drop them from above her.”

"I don't have any on me, though I could make a few if you give me a couple hours," Ten answers.

Henry the 57th
2019-03-16, 11:20 PM
As the group ponders the decision, staring down into the black abyss that is the underlevels of the city world, a brief red-orange flair can lights up the inky darkness like a single star in the night sky. It is gone as quickly as it came, and the quiet emptiness returns.

igordragonian
2019-03-17, 12:24 AM
"I have nine." Umma said gesturing toward her bandoulier. "Also two two ion grenades and one EMP. When I am alone, I usually throw a grenade to shock my grenade and if he isn't dead yet, I smash it with my force hammer. Never failed me! Swiq!" Her forehead nosril made a squeaky excited breath.

Thundercracker
2019-03-17, 08:54 AM
Dax

"I have four," Dax said, "that's a lot of grenades. Let's spread them around and then spread out when we fight her, if we can, and whoever is closest to her, hopefully me, try to stay alive while everyone else lobs grenades at her."

I think that's 3 grenades each with one left over.

"Let's see if we can identify the target, any ideas of how to do that?" Dax asked, "aside from driving around in the speeder and looking for her, or reaching out through the Force, because that's what I'm planning to do."

Henry the 57th
2019-03-18, 10:43 PM
"Sirs?" the droid repeats, somewhat hesitantly. "I require direction if I am to be of any use to you. Where would you like me to begin touching down?"

Emmerlaus
2019-03-18, 11:33 PM
Que'Rain suggest: " The droid has spoken people! You should listen! I suggest the closest to our goal. The top floor as melted but what about we get as close as we can and jump? I dont see myself climbing 500 floors and above. Unless of course we think that flare of orange below was her. At least it would sho wsome life activity worth investigating, maybe? "

Thundercracker
2019-03-19, 12:54 AM
Dax

“Forget it,” Dax said.
He was never one for grand strategizing.

“Droid, take us 579 stories down,” he said.

“Scan for life forms or firefights on the way,” he added.

igordragonian
2019-03-19, 03:23 AM
Umma smiled. "I like your style, boy." She said to Dax clenching her muscles prepared for action

Spiritus
2019-03-19, 03:31 AM
Ten grins wildly as he feels his heart begin to pound, pumping excitement through his veins. Let's go kill ourselves a Sith! he says as he stores the grenades in his pouches.

Emmerlaus
2019-03-19, 10:35 AM
Que'rain would roll his eyes if he could. Fighting the urges to call them a bunch of barbarians, he just hope he wont have to jump to the building. He didnt know why the elders thought it would be a good idea to team him up with a group as subtle as a sledgehammer. They are ruinning any discretion attempts they could have.

Henry the 57th
2019-03-19, 06:51 PM
"As you wish sir," the droid says as it taps a few buttons on the airspeeder's control panel, then grabs the wheel and fires the thrusters. The black Czerka airspeeder begins to circle the damaged skyscraper at a slight downwards incline, picking up speed as it goes but never tilted more than a few degrees forward at any one time.

"Attempting to maximize the vehicle's limited scanning capabilities," the machine explains as they continue their winding way downwards. "This is a transport vehicles, sirs, and is only equipped with moderate amounts of espionage capability. I am attempting to detect any signs of appreciable life forms along the way."

For a tense few minutes, the airspeeder winds its way down, down, down into the inky blackness of the city's lower levels. The further down that they go, the less and less light that there is. Power is clearly an issue in this area already, but as the sun fades away behind mountains of durasteel it becomes more and more apparent. There are a handful of emergency red lights glowing here and there near some of the window panes, and along the edges of what looks to have been a docking platform that was snapped in half. But there are no beings visible inside, merely debris cast aside during the no doubt panicked evacuation.

By the time that their vehicle reaches the 500th floor the sun is gone and the world around them is all but pitch black. The pilot droid switches off the vehicle's lights to minimize its profile, keeps the engine running as quietly as possible. What little can be seen through the quiet gloom shows a poor and dilapidated living space that once no doubt housed teeming masses of poverty-stricken souls, but now holds only empty silence. Poorly-maintained and dirty windows are smashed or cover in graffiti, open doors on what few balconies there are show ransacked and hastily-abandoned rooms, and what emergency lighting still functions in the hallways reveals stains, rust, and what might possibly be bodies. But it isn't until somewhere around the 550's that the pilot droid speaks up again.

"Sirs," it seems to be whispering. "Reading potential life forms four floors below our current position, along with substantial ionization consistent with extremely recent energy discharges of-"

The party is flung abruptly to the right as though tossed by the hand of a giant, smashing into the sides of the airspeeder and one another. The droid tugs the wheel as hard to the right as it will go and slams on the accelerator. Just in the nick of time too, because the very next instant a rocket's flaming tale whizzes through the space the vehicle had just occupied. Gravity slams the quartet backwards onto their seats as the droid pulls up and away from the spot, the silent darkness momentarily broken by the flash of a missile impacting a nearby building and detonating.

The pilot's climb continues and does not even begin to slow down until they have reached floor 500 again, this time on the exact opposite side of the building from which the rocket was fired. As the vehicle begins to level out again, everyone slowly releases their breath. The droid cannot sigh in relief, but its emotionless face turns to regard the four sentients regardless.

"Hostiles detected," it says without a trace of irony. "Your orders, sirs?"

Thundercracker
2019-03-19, 07:44 PM
“Take us down to 520 or so and drop us off,” Dax said, “we’ll walk the rest of the way.”

“Keep scanning though, if you pick up any life forms higher up drop us off above them. Stay close to the side of the building.”

igordragonian
2019-03-20, 12:45 AM
Umma strangely became more calm. She has closed her eyes, her forehead nosrils widened and tightened as she breathed.
Ooc:

Sense saroundings:
(Untrained use of the force. Using perception(?)
[roll0]+8

Henry the 57th
2019-03-21, 12:26 AM
"As you wish, sir," the droid says without hesitation, turning the wheel yet again. "Returning to floor five hundred and twenty."

The airspeeder dips again, this time pointedly remaining on the opposite side of the building from where the rocket was fired and hugging close to the massive durasteel structure. It's a nervous, slow crawl further and further back down, but this time no one appears to shoot at the group as it goes. When the vehicle does draw near the designated floor its pilot consults the crude scanners it possesses, then pulls forward somewhat to press a side door against a thoroughly shattered window of a shabby apartment. It presses a button and the door slides open, blasting everyone within with the frigid air of the undercity. The overpowering scents of rust and ancient pollution flood their nostrils.

"My apologies sirs, but there is no area for landing visible near here. This was all that I could see."

You all get the uneasy feeling of a foreign presence looking for you for a brief instant, before it quickly dissolves away.

Thundercracker
2019-03-21, 12:52 AM
Dax hopped off the speeder and into the building.

“Wait here for us,” he said to the droid.

With a Force user sensing their presence, it wouldn’t make any sense to try and fake their deaths.

He looked for a staircase, or another way down to 497.

igordragonian
2019-03-21, 08:06 AM
"We'l figure out something." Umma smiled and narrowed her eyes in search.

[roll0]+8

Spiritus
2019-03-21, 08:15 AM
Ten eagerly jumps to the building, immediately scanning the room for threats. "That was fun, but let's not give the hostile force user an easy target next time, yeah?" He has his rifle in one hand and a grenade in the other, ready to throw.

"Anyone ever done a breach-and clear before?"

perception: 1d20+8

Emmerlaus
2019-03-22, 07:52 AM
Que'rain join on the speeder but not on the piloting seat. He look around, trying to spot whatever made him uneasy or at least found a staircase.

Perception
[roll0] + 11

Sense the Force (to find out and pinpoint who is watching us)
[roll1] + 15

Henry the 57th
2019-03-22, 12:07 PM
The group disembarks rapidly into a shabby-looking apartment. Obviously abandoned in haste and just as hastily ransacked, the floor is strewn with garbage, bits of discarded clothing, and overturned cheap-looking furniture. The single cabinet is opened and completely empty, as is the tiny closet packed into one corner. The door has been pried open and simply left that way, so there is no difficulty in leaving.

Outside, the hallway is in similar poor condition, with what looks to be random pieces of junk thrown around and almost all of the apartment doors thrown or jammed open. It's harder to see though, as only the dull red glow of emergency lighting is still active. Fortunately for the group, there is a sign written in basic just a few yards down the way. According to it, turn left to get to the central turbolift shafts or right for the secondary shafts and emergency stairwell.

You can sense the acrid tang of the dark side permeating this place as a whole, but it seems to you that it is especially focused some ten floors down or so. Whoever is there seems to be trying to resist detection, but you're skilled and alert enough to pick them out anyway. There also seem to be a good few life forms on the floors between you and them.

Taking a look around, you can see subtle signs of more than just a ransacking here. There are dents and burns on the walls, and faint specks of what looks to be dried blood on the dimly-lit floor. Still, while there was evidently some kind of fight here it doesn't look to have been especially recent, and peering out through the way you can see no signs that anyone else is on this floor or has been recently.

This place is, for lack of a better word, creepy, but you don't see anything in the way of an immediate threat. No one prepping an ambush or anything like that.

Emmerlaus
2019-03-22, 09:37 PM
Que'rain warn the other telepathically: " Their is, what you call, a dark force user, ten floor below. I can feel other presence between that person and us, on the other floors, not tainted as she is. "

Thundercracker
2019-03-23, 11:20 AM
Dax

"Let's take the main turbolifts down," Dax said.

igordragonian
2019-03-23, 07:25 PM
'Agreed.' Umma nodded, and hopped to join Dax. 'Any fancy plans?'

Emmerlaus
2019-03-24, 12:16 AM
Que'Rain sound sarcastic: " Since when you guys go into " fancy" or " plans" ? Let's just go and see as we go below. Not charging as barbarian would be nice though and be on your toes. "

Thundercracker
2019-03-24, 12:41 AM
Dax

“I’m going to tell them to drop their weapons in the name of the Sith,” Dax replied, “and try to tell them that they’re insurgents in disguise. If they drop their weapons we tie them up, and if not, we start tossing grenades.”

Spiritus
2019-03-24, 02:28 AM
"Turbolifts are deathtraps" Secles says. "Bunched up, with no cover, and a handy ding that tells the other side when to fill you full of holes?" he shudders. "Let's try the stairs instead."

igordragonian
2019-03-24, 05:19 AM
"Secles has a point." Umma agreed. "We also can get into combat formation... which might be critical at this situation. I can take the front."

Emmerlaus
2019-03-24, 09:12 AM
" Stairs will be slower but fine. Let's get moving!"

Thundercracker
2019-03-24, 07:27 PM
Dax

“Okay sounds good,” Dax said.

Spiritus
2019-03-25, 03:52 AM
"Alright then!" Ten exclaims. "I'll back you up."

Whoop, got my name wrong on that last post.

Henry the 57th
2019-03-26, 12:56 AM
Moving slowly and cautiously down the stairs seems less likely to draw attention to themselves than risking one of the turbolifts, so the group proceeds down that way. The stairway itself is an impressive exercise in cost cutting, consisting of nothing but grimey, rusted, barely-legal durasteel lit every ten yards or so by a single white bulb, many of which have gone out, leaving the whole section even gloomier than the remainder of the building.

The four of them make it down one floor without incident, then two, three, four, and five. When they are passing by the entrance to the sixth floor down, however, there's a sudden burst of noise from the other side of the wall. There's blaster shots, followed by muffled screaming and swearing, and then a cracking bang.

The presence you sensed seems to be moving upwards, and looks to be about two floors beneath you as of right now. Also, several of the life signs that were in that area have flickered and died.

Thundercracker
2019-03-26, 01:52 AM
Dax

Dax kicked in the door and led with his blaster rifle.
“Freeze! In the name of the Sith, drop your weapons!”

igordragonian
2019-03-26, 02:18 AM
Umma cringed sensing the loss of life.
She really hated the force. She pulled her hammer, her poncho waved behind her trying to get before Dax and face the attack if needed.

Spiritus
2019-03-26, 10:33 AM
Ten grips his rifle tightly, ready to fire into the room.

Henry the 57th
2019-03-27, 02:26 AM
When Dax kicks open the door, he almost immediately sees a grey-armored form sprawled out face down in the hallway in front of him at the corner of the closest intersection, the squad markings and shoulder insignia easily identifying it as a Sith trooper. The walls nearby are blackened, smoking, and full of small holes. He can also second trooper lying on his back next to the motionless one, frantically trying to staunch the blood flow from multiple small holes in his armor. The soldier's face cannot be seen, but the helmet manages to jerk roughly in the group's direction at the sudden and dramatic entrance.

"My lord!" the trooper manages, feebly holding up a gauntleted hand.

That is all the warning the Jedi gets, before a third figure peeking out from behind a further intersection snaps off a blaster shot.

[roll0] vs reflex.

[roll1] damage should it get through.

Thundercracker
2019-03-27, 08:32 AM
Dax

Dax moved into the room and took cover against the wall nearest to the hallway leading to the intersection.

“How many of them are there?” he asked the troopers.

Emmerlaus
2019-03-27, 12:25 PM
(SIGH, my bad guys. I planned to post yesterday but RL was being a ***** and I got distracted. That's no excuse I know but I'll be more active in the coming days before the moving. Wish I wasnt sick too LOL)

Que'rain warn them before they enter the fray: " Life are coming up from above, two floors from where we are. It's a bloodbath downstair."

He didnt have time to say much else before they had to prepare for a fight. He follow Dax under cover of the walls.

Using Surrender to the White Current feature as a swift action before we open the door. Casted Battle Strike before we kicked the door open

As we get into action, I attack:

[roll0]+ 7 + 1 Force Bonus + 1 Point Blank Shot

If it hit: [roll1] + Battle Strike bonus [roll2]

igordragonian
2019-03-28, 02:47 AM
Umma looked at the Sith Troopers with a short moment of hatred. But.. she tried to remind herself. They were living beings, probably not much more cruel then Republic Soldiers.
They can't be. Her son wouldn't have joined them!
She stepped forward, her poncho waveed with each step, that were hauntingly quite.

"Let'e make it simple. "Someone, open the door for us, I throw a grenade and we storm in. Simple. Effective."

Spiritus
2019-03-28, 03:47 AM
Ten returns fire without thinking about it, taking cover behind the door as the reflexes of the battlefield kick in. As the shot hits home, he fumbles to himself. Really do need to whip up some grenades. Not to mention a launcher. This really isn't enough boom.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Henry the 57th
2019-04-01, 01:54 AM
The figure around the corner is winged in the side with twin blaster shots and lets out a shrill scream that reverberates throughout the enclosed space. They stumble backwards beyond the corner, clutching at their side. A moment passes, but no one immediately comes out to replace them. Instead, the group can hear the sounds of scrambling feet moving further away.

Umma, looking down at the Sith Troopers, sees that one is clearly dead from the earlier grenade blast, while the survivor is desperately trying to avoid bleeding out and is clearly in urgent need of medical attention. She also notes that they're carrying standard issue blaster rifles and several grenades each on their belts, along with what looks to be a rather inadequate first aid kit. The bleeding man is trying to apply gaze through his shredded armor with trembling hands, and is not having much luck with it.

Thundercracker
2019-04-01, 03:54 AM
Dax switched to stun and gave chase, taking a shot if he caught sight of their attacker.

atk: Q[roll0]

Spiritus
2019-04-03, 08:03 AM
Ten moves up and takes cover behind d the corner, snapping a shot after the foe if he can see them from there.

[roll0]
[roll1]

igordragonian
2019-04-03, 06:09 PM
Umma looked around, and her will to fight has left her.
This person.. he had lives to live. Maybe he even had a family.. but more importantly.. he was a living being, and she could do something. Umma hurried to his side, and knelt, checking him, and also asking 'Where are you hurt?' but anyway searched him for more injuries, that his blinding painm might make him miss.
Umma checking his pulse and breath and then pulled from her bag, her medical kit and started to work on stop his bleeding.
'What is your name soldier?' she said in motherly fashion

Meta-

[roll0]+8

Emmerlaus
2019-04-03, 11:50 PM
Que'Rain was about to go help with the injured by pure reflexes but he was curious about those who fled. He was confused. Were they healing future allies or the enemy?

He wasnt sure but what he knew is that he shot someone and that the place wasnt secured. He keep his eyes open for future troubles He follow Dax:

Perception : [roll0] + 11

Readying a action if Im being shooted at. Wont shoot first:

[roll1]+ 7 + 1 Force Bonus + 1 Point Blank Shot

If it hit: [roll2] + Battle Strike bonus [roll3]

Henry the 57th
2019-04-05, 12:08 AM
Pursuing the fleeing shooter, Dax and Ten round the corner to see the dark-clothed humanoid figure down at a four-way intersection. They raise their guns and take shots, but firing on the move isn't easy. Their apparent enemy dives towards the left-most corridor, and their shots go wide. But on the plus side, no one else is yet coming out to shoot at them. Though they do hear blaster fire towards their right.

Meanwhile, back with the injured soldier, Umma finds that despite the profusion of shrapnel throughout the Sith trooper, his armor and dead comrade did absorb most of the damage for him. None of the puncture wounds are especially deep, and none look to have hit any major arteries. Applying some basic drugs to encourage the blood to coagulate and then some medical gauze is enough to drastically slow the blood flow now staining his grey armor.

"M-My name?" the man sounds a bit confused at the massive alien's tone. "Xi Tournant, Trooper 1107469 of Battle Group 23, ma'am."

Thundercracker
2019-04-05, 12:23 AM
Dax continued to charge after his quarry.

“Stop!” he shouted, firing another stun bolt.

igordragonian
2019-04-05, 02:43 AM
Umma made sure, Xi Tournant didn't had any deadly injuries. "You"l be fine, boy." She said, liftdd her hammer and joined the chase.

Emmerlaus
2019-04-08, 09:57 AM
Que'Rain would roll his eyes if he could: " Healing him is pointless if you arent going to ask him some questions. Ask him what's the situation here and who is his leader."

He stay at near the giant whale lady, waiting for her to ask the questions.

igordragonian
2019-04-08, 05:40 PM
Que'Rain would roll his eyes if he could: " Healing him is pointless if you arent going to ask him some questions. Ask him what's the situation here and who is his leader."

He stay at distance from the trooper but once he see nobody will do it, he stay behind and ask those question telepathically.

Umms paused. 'It never pointless to save a life, but you have a point little one.' she nodded.
'Tourant do you mind to tell me what is going on here? Who are you fighting? where is your commander?\

Spiritus
2019-04-09, 05:02 AM
Dax continued to charge after his quarry.

“Stop!” he shouted, firing another stun bolt.

"Slow down!" Ten calls after Dax. "We're getting too far from the others!"

Sighing, Ten follos the charging Jedi, ready to cover his back against anything in the right-hand corridor.

Henry the 57th
2019-04-12, 02:07 AM
Dax's stun charge catches the fleeing figure right between the shoulder blades. Without even a word or muffled yelp, the enemy collapses like a puppet with its strings cut, faceplanting hard onto the metal floor. It lies there, unmoving, a small amount of dark liquid trickling out from around its head. The bark of blasterfire from what is now behind him increases in intensity.

Meanwhile, back near the wounded Sith soldier, the frightened but still living man answers the giant alien's question after only a moment of hesitation.

"S-Sergeant Trilby was my commander," he says briefly. "But he's dead. I don't know where the Lady is, we were just supposed to sweep this floor next. We didn't know that they had mines."

Thundercracker
2019-04-12, 02:55 AM
Dax slung his rifle and pulled out his lightsaber, keeping it deactivated for the moment.

He approached the fallen soldier.

“Who are you,” he muttered, “why are you fighting the Sith?”

He turned the shooter over and propped them against the wall to get a good look at them and their injuries.

Emmerlaus
2019-04-12, 02:34 PM
Que'Rain remind the group: " Hostile are coming from below. We should either hide or put ourself in a advantageous position."

Que'Rain take cover and start using Cloak power.

Spiritus
2019-04-13, 02:40 AM
Ten takes cover just before the right hand corridor, to keep watch for anything coming from that direction.

Henry the 57th
2019-04-16, 10:51 PM
When Dax rolls over the dark-clothed figure and pulls down the cloth covered its lower face, he sees a tanned human female, perhaps in her thirties, with blood trickling from where she landed on her cheek. She isn't responsive to his questions though, her head lolling limply in his arms. It appears that if the stun bolt didn't knock her out, hitting her head on the metal floor did. Further down the hallway, in the opposite direction, Dax can hear more gunfire and spots another two black-figures backing off, firing as they go. Blaster fire, badly aimed, whizzes around them from the opposite direction.

Back closer to the rest, the young man by Umma manages to sit up, breathing heavily and groping for his blaster rifle. While the sounds of gunfire do get louder her as well, no further enemies appear immediately.

Thundercracker
2019-04-16, 10:58 PM
Dax knelt down next to the unconscious woman and tried to get a better look at the firefight, to see who was on which side.

Emmerlaus
2019-04-17, 09:26 PM
Que'rain Is hiding between the two group, basicly giving them free telepathic communication while hiding under the Cloak force power.

" I'll warn you guys where the fighting start... "

He hide in the corner of the intersection, knowing full well the others would get shot before him for being closer to a possible source of danger. But considering his abilities, it was the best way to communicate with everyone without being heard...

Spiritus
2019-04-19, 02:48 PM
Ten hold his fire for now, though he does palm a grenade. They aren't shooting at us; best to avoid attention until we're in a position to support one another. He thinks to himself.

Henry the 57th
2019-04-25, 02:53 AM
As Dax watches the firefight, he can make out even in the low red emergency lighting that the two figures down at the far end of the hallway aren't wearing the grey armor of the Sith soldiers - they look far more like the unconscious woman at his feet than the troopers he saw when he kicked in the door. They continue firing at whoever is further down their corridor, backing off as they go. Return fire catches one of them just as they're about to leave the Jedi's sight, and the black-clad figure topples. The other one apparently abandons all thought of a fighting retreat, breaking almost immediately into a sprint and vanishing from sight, abandoning their downed comrade to their fate.

A few seconds later, Dax hears heavier footfalls as what sounds like armored boots begin moving rapidly after the retreating figure. An armored Sith trooper appears, then another, then another, all jogging at a moderate pace. They cross the corridor quickly, seeming not to notice Dax a long way down, intent on pursuit. A fourth is just popping out and the first vanishing from the intersection when there is a deafening boom from just out of the Jedi's line of sight. Razor-sharp shrapnel punches into the walls, ceiling, floor, and men. The leading three troopers are flung to the ground, with the leading man looking like he's missing half his right leg.

Back near Umma, the young man winces visibly at the sound of the explosion, struggling to get back to his feet. "I-I have to..." he swallows. "I have to get back in the fight."

Thundercracker
2019-04-25, 07:59 PM
Dax approached cautiously, Incase there were more coming.

igordragonian
2019-04-28, 07:01 PM
Umma cowered, covering over the injured soldier she treated.
'You are right. If you can.' and with that she gotten up, made sure there were no more projectiles flying around.
"Go treat your comrade. Tie his limb.' She said with an authoritative, yet motherly tone.
'I have to defend MY comrades.' she said and pulled her power hammer, and ran toward the direction of the explosion.

Emmerlaus
2019-05-03, 07:45 PM
Que'Rain follow Dax caustiously still hidden...

Spiritus
2019-05-04, 12:45 AM
"If we're dealing with mines, best let me take point," Ten says, as he begins moving cautiously down the corridor. "This kind of thing is right up my alley."

Prception to notice any mines: [roll0]
Mechanics to disable them: [roll1]