PDA

View Full Version : Hexblade clarification

Rallek25
2019-02-09, 04:08 AM
Hey guys so I needed some clarification after reading the hexblad class over again.

Now I know it says you can touch a weapon that lacks the two handed property and you can use your CHA mod for attack and damage rolls. However, it later goes on to say and I quote "if you later gain the pact of the blade feature, this benefit extends to every pact weapon you conjure with that feature, no matter the weapon's type". So does that mean if I go pact of the blade and I conjure a Greatsword that I can use my Charisma for attack and damage?

Dualswinger
2019-02-09, 04:21 AM
Yup. Any weapon that is your pact weapon can use CHA

Throne12
2019-02-09, 12:42 PM
My the group of players created a warlock with pact of the blade just so he can make the magic cannon (they are pirates) they got off a ship portable and can be summon anywhere.

Tanarii
2019-02-09, 01:09 PM
My the group of players created a warlock with pact of the blade just so he can make the magic cannon (they are pirates) they got off a ship portable and can be summon anywhere.
How do they stop their arm from getting ripped off or crushed every time they make it appear in their hand?

RogueJK
2019-02-09, 01:14 PM
Maybe the magical part is that it's magically lightweight...

Or maybe it's just a "swivel gun"?

https://civilwartalk.com/attachments/100_0882-jpg.44032/

Throne12
2019-02-09, 01:26 PM
How do they stop their arm from getting ripped off or crushed every time they make it appear in their hand?

Holding something doesnt mean your holding it above the ground.

Eragon123
2019-02-09, 01:32 PM
Holding something doesnt mean your holding it above the ground.

Something like this?
https://media1.giphy.com/media/I3m2pLPTh5JkI/giphy.gif

Tanarii
2019-02-09, 05:23 PM
Holding something doesnt mean your holding it above the ground.I was jesting. But now just for funsies, I'm going to switch over to pedantic and see where that takes me. :smallamused:

It doesn't say you're "holding" it. It say it appears "in your hand". That could be argued either way. Personally I can see an argument that if something is completely resting on the ground, so large you were unable to lift it, even if you're holding a part of it, it wouldn't really be "in" your hand. Otoh, clearly it technically is. Just as holding the hilt of a sword with your hand means the sword is in your hand, even if you've got the point and weight on the ground. (Good graphic above.)

In short, you're probably right.