PDA

View Full Version : Roleplaying Tri-class just for fun build

ZorroGames
2019-02-09, 12:53 PM
Son moving here and staying at home for a bit while getting a house. Talking AL 5e “fun” builds, came up with this one.

Mountain Dwarf.

ST 0+2=10. No movement penalty for Heavy Armor.
DE 9=15
Co 4+2=14
I 0=8
W 7=14
CH 7=14

Levels
1). Fighter 1, FS Defense, second wind, Chainmail, Light CB, Long Sword, Shield, Acrobatics, Intimidation.

2). Ranger 1 add Perception. Choose Favorite Enemy Giant and Natural Explorer Mountain.

3). Ranger 2 FS Archery, Spells, Hunter’s Mark, Cure Wounds.

4). Fighter 2 Action Surge.

5). Fighter 3, Battle Master, Riposte, Parry, Precision.

6) Fighter 4, Feat Squat Nimbleness, DE 16, 5’ more movement, etc.,

7). Fighter 5 Extra Attack

8). Fighter 6, ASI +2 DE=18

9). Ranger 3 Gloom Stalker archetype. Plus to initiative, Spell Absorb Elements.

10). Ranger 4. ASI DE+2=20

11). Rogue 1 Stealth skill, Thieves’ tools, Sneak Attack Expertise on Perception and either stealth (oh, for Mithril Chainmail,) or Intimidation.

12) Rogue 2 Cunning Action

13). Swashbuckler, +CH bonus to initiative, Fancy Footwork (swing and no OA, hit or miss.). Rakish Audacity.

14). Rogue 4 ASI +2 CH=16

15). Rogue 5 Uncanny Dodge

16). Rogue 6 Expertise as desired, maybe some downtime prior to add a skill at level 15?

17). Rogue 7 Evasion

18). Rogue 8 ASI CH+2=18

19). Fight 7, more Battle Master maneuvers.

20). Fighter 8 Feaat Resilient Wisdom

Not optimized but tons of RP fun IMO.

Enjoy!

cinnamoony
2019-02-09, 01:39 PM
just imagine showing up to a game with this grouchy old dwarf with like huge ears who waddles around in full plate complaining about the 'young'uns' and 'how you all have it so easy' and a constant 'back in my day' but then the rest of the party gets annoyed and asks him about his life and he explains how he killed a kraken with a spoon or something and now nobody bothers him again.

ZorroGames
2019-02-10, 02:12 PM
just imagine showing up to a game with this grouchy old dwarf with like huge ears who waddles around in full plate complaining about the 'young'uns' and 'how you all have it so easy' and a constant 'back in my day' but then the rest of the party gets annoyed and asks him about his life and he explains how he killed a kraken with a spoon or something and now nobody bothers him again.

lol! 👏😆😅😂🤣🤪

CTurbo
2019-02-10, 07:52 PM
Seems like a pretty well rounded character, but how would you play him? What's particularly fun about him? Would he use a Rapier?

ZorroGames
2019-02-10, 09:54 PM
Seems like a pretty well rounded character, but how would you play him? What's particularly fun about him? Would he use a Rapier?

“What class are you?”

Me: “1968, you?”

Rimshot...

ZorroGames
2019-02-10, 09:58 PM
“What level are you?”

Me: “8... 4... 8...” “6 2/3?” “What was the question, again?”