PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Mage Hunter - Gun Magus build. Need feat advice (Mythic game)

Nosta
2019-02-09, 02:06 PM
I am going to be starting a mythic game soon and will be playing a class called spell-gun Magus.

and I want to go the Anti-mage route. yes i know every one wants to be a mage slayer, and thinks it cool even though its not as good as it could be and higher level mages are pretty much gods but this game is more about fluff with some combat thrown in

So far these are my feats from level 1 to 9 thinking of playing human for the feat

Feats
LV(1) Point Blank Shot
LV(1) Precise Shot
LV(3) Rapid shot
LV(5) Rapid Reload -
LV(5) weapon focus- revolver
Lv(6) Disruptive via the magus arcana
LV(7) Combat Relexes
LV(9) Snap Shot

Mythic feat-
(1) Mythic disruptive

I do know i want to get spell breaker and imrpoved snap shot but idk what else i should get

'

Nosta
2019-02-10, 12:07 PM
Could i please get some advice on this?

using the spell-gun magus from pathfinder community

Kurald Galain
2019-02-10, 12:33 PM

Here you go (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?423754-Myrrh-Frankincense-and-Steel-Kurald-Galain-s-Guide-to-the-Magus)!

Selion
2019-02-10, 12:36 PM

using the spell-gun magus from pathfinder community

I'm playing a mage-slayer magus in a mythic game (play by forum, really slow, i'm still level 1), but my character is melee focused, so there are a lot of differencies.
By the way i feel i can give you some little suggestions:
- i don't like very much disruptive on a ranged character (even if snap shot allows you to shot in melee range), but if you want this feat you should take "step up", otherwise spellcasters will cast just fine with a 5 feet step.
Be wary that step up requires an immediate action and both magus and mythic general rules use a lot of swift action. You could find useful this item:
http://aonprd.com/MagicWondrousDisplay.aspx?FinalName=Corset%20of%20 Delicate%20Moves
Mithic tier 2 gives you a bonus standard action (which you cannot use on spell casting) with the expenditure of a mythic point, so that you can use the bonus standard action to take a movement action instead and use the corset i suggested you (just once a day, though).
Other feats/options useful for your build:
Lingering pain arcana: shut down spellcasting and it can be used on a ranged attack
Eldritch breach (mythic archmage ability): useful in both overcoming spell resistance and in dispelling/counterspelling attemps, a must have IMHO
Flexible counterspell (mythic archmage ability): counterspell with immediate action and with any spell of the same level, sounds good, but remember that immediate actions are valuable currency in this game.

Furthermore, i know that this would derail a lot from your character concept, but the Eldricht knight archetipe with bloodline arcana is a fine mage slayer.
Icing on the cake, read this guide, i find it useful for any magus
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?423754-Myrrh-Frankincense-and-Steel-Kurald-Galain-s-Guide-to-the-Magus

Nosta
2019-02-10, 12:39 PM
I see I may have missed it but dose the guide talk about counter other spell casters

and further dose it talk how to do as a range weapon magus?

I am trying to figure out my feats for that purpose