PDA

View Full Version : Life bond questions

Scrapheap
2019-02-09, 09:21 PM
If my summoner with life bond is hit by damage my eidolon is immune to, and the damage would reduce him to 0 or fewer hit points, will the eidolon take the damage still?

BowStreetRunner
2019-02-10, 01:20 PM
"Damage in excess of that which would reduce the summoner to fewer than 0 hit points is instead transferred to the eidolon." Nothing about this statement changes just because the eidolon is immune to that damage. The source of the damage remains the same, so the eidolon treats the incoming damage just as if it had received the damage directly from the source. Since the eidolon is immune to that damage, it is unharmed.

Scrapheap
2019-02-10, 03:24 PM
So essentially I need to have an eidolon with DR 1/- and resistance to all elemental types and we would both be immune to damage?
Eidolon gets damaged -> transfer damage to summoner 1 at a time -> transfer back to eidolon 1 at a time, eidolon takes no damage?

Scrapheap
2019-02-10, 07:50 PM
Ok, rereading Life Link it does say that the summoner sacrifices hit points, whereas Life bond transfers damage to the Eidolon.

Shoot, there goes the indestructible summoner idea

BowStreetRunner
2019-02-11, 12:45 AM
Note that if a summoner is reduced to 0 hit points all an attacker needs to do is hit them with one point of nonlethal damage to knock the summoner unconscious. The eidolon is then immediately banished.