PDA

View Full Version : Combining concentration spells, non con spells, and wild shape

Shuruke
2019-02-10, 01:13 AM
So to keep it short ive made a character that is a mutagenist and turns into creatures through injections.

Theirs 4 kinds of "injections"

The wildshape as a bonus action
Can use concentration spells during it

The concentrationless injection
Blink, long strider, mirror image, mage armor , etc. These can be used with all 3 other "injections"

The concentration injections
Things like Barkskin, enhance ability, haste, blur, enlarge, and etc.
Useable with the two other above injections

Polymorph injection
Uses polymorph spell which takes concentration. And doesn't keep mental stats. Can only be used with the concentrationless option.

So with this in mind how would you guys go about making combinations with multiple injections XD

I like mage armor and haste on dex creature

My favorite has to be at character level 5-6
Being a huge based creature (large cr 1 with Enlarge spell) with blink.
Mainly cuz theatrically funny

Or the good old giant octopus with haste and long strider that can outrun horses.

Dalebert
2019-02-10, 06:57 PM
Being a huge based creature (large cr 1 with Enlarge spell) with blink.

I can't tell you where I read it but you can't stack enlargement effects. An example given is transforming into a creature that's larger than you and then getting Enlarge cast on you.

OzDragon
2019-02-10, 07:12 PM
I can't tell you where I read it but you can't stack enlargement effects. An example given is transforming into a creature that's larger than you and then getting Enlarge cast on you.

Why would this not work? One is a class feature one is a spell. Wild shaping into a bear which is large then getting Enlarged to huge is fine. Although the problem with this is your HP stays the same and your AC goes down due to size increase.

Dalebert
2019-02-10, 07:30 PM
I got curious about where i read that and started looking all over for it and can't find it. I think it's fair to ignore it unless someone else knows what I'm talking about and where it is. It may be a false memory.

Shuruke
2019-02-10, 08:04 PM
If your talking about the multiple effects of same spell rule that's for trying to stack multiple enlarges or blesses etc.

Using wild shape replaces your stats with creatures
And then its increased by a category. ^.^

Think of it as you can't have monk and barbarian umarmored defense at same time , but you can have umarmored defense and shield of faith

Wild shape changes the base
Enlarge adds to base