PDA

View Full Version : Costuming suggestions for a LARP character

togapika
2019-02-10, 10:42 PM
I'm playing a character in a medieval fantasy LARP set in the Forgotten Realms planet of Abeir. The character is a Were-Crocodile loosely based on Steve Irwin (In that he's wanting to be an expert on all sorts of animals/races/creatures/monsters). I'll be trying to learn as much as I can in that regard to be able to tell where everything fits in the natural order, and as a lycanthrope, protect against things that are perversions against nature like Aberrations.
I'm a warrior scholar character using throwing knives and a buckler.
Myself personally, I'm tall and skinny with dark brown hair and glasses

druid91
2019-02-12, 11:34 AM
Aren't were-crocodiles always evil?

The Glyphstone
2019-02-12, 12:27 PM
My suggestion? Go meta-comedic and get black jeans, a tan vest over a blue shirt, and a black bush hat with a ring of teeth around the top.

IOW, dress like Crocodile Dundee.:smallcool:

Knaight
2019-02-14, 02:04 AM
You could definitely go with a scale pattern on the shield, and if you're willing to include minimal facepaint in your garb you could similarly do a scale pattern there.

Also if this LARP involves any actual combat you should probably supplement the throwing knives with a one handed weapon of some sort, probably a sword.

AdmiralCheez
2019-02-14, 08:12 AM
Also if this LARP involves any actual combat you should probably supplement the throwing knives with a one handed weapon of some sort, probably a sword.

Seconding this suggestion for having a main weapon. I tried a throwing knife character once, and after three or four shots it became a game of trying to pick up your daggers from around the enemy's feet so you can contribute to the fight again. And good luck trying to find them in the dark. I picked up a short sword very quickly after that.

For other costuming, go with scale makeup. It can be pretty easily and cheaply done by putting a fishnet over your skin and spraying colored hair spray over it to get the pattern. You don't need to do the full face; I would recommend just around the edges and leave the center of your face plain. Leather armor is probably also a good idea, bonus if you can find any with crocodile skin patterns. And lastly, I'd get one of those safari hats that's folded up on one side for the rugged scholar look.