PDA

View Full Version : Questions about the Artificer

Dankus Memakus
2019-02-11, 07:02 AM
So i have two questions
1. Does it actually come out today? Because im very used to it getting delayed and i dont wanna get my hopes up
2. Is it gonna be Ebberron AL legal?

Unoriginal
2019-02-11, 07:08 AM
So i have two questions
1. Does it actually come out today? Because im very used to it getting delayed and i dont wanna get my hopes up
2. Is it gonna be Ebberron AL legal?

1. I've read it was going to be released the 13th, but maybe I'm wrong

2. UA is never AL legal.

Dankus Memakus
2019-02-11, 07:36 AM
1. I've read it was going to be released the 13th, but maybe I'm wrong

2. UA is never AL legal.

Well i know that eberron has its own AL

ProsecutorGodot
2019-02-11, 07:46 AM
Well i know that eberron has its own AL

Wayfinder's Guide to Eberron notes in the introduction that it's going to be updated and refined as time goes on.

It's possible that the Artificer will release directly into it, rather than in addition to as a UA. That's just speculation on my part.

Zanthy1
2019-02-11, 07:59 AM
Wayfinder's Guide to Eberron notes in the introduction that it's going to be updated and refined as time goes on.

It's possible that the Artificer will release directly into it, rather than in addition to as a UA. That's just speculation on my part.

Gosh I hope that is the case, would be a lot cooler and easier for those of us on DnD Beyond

ProsecutorGodot
2019-02-11, 08:05 AM
Gosh I hope that is the case, would be a lot cooler and easier for those of us on DnD Beyond

WoTC has also pushed several of the recent UA subclasses into DND Beyond. I'd at least be pretty confident that they would make it available under the Additional Classes tab that Bloodhunter is in whether or not it is added to Wayfinder's Guide.

Dankus Memakus
2019-02-11, 08:24 AM
So is it coming out wednesday? Or today?

Zanthy1
2019-02-11, 08:26 AM
So is it coming out wednesday? Or today?

Typically it has always been the second monday of the month, but with something this big it could be any day unfortunately

Dankus Memakus
2019-02-11, 09:12 AM
Typically it has always been the second monday of the month, but with something this big it could be any day unfortunately

Thats super obnoxious. Im usually very patient but it was promised in like november.

Zanthy1
2019-02-11, 09:22 AM
Thats super obnoxious. Im usually very patient but it was promised in like november.

Yeah it can be frustrating. However at the end of december I believe they confirmed that it was coming out in February, so we know it'll be out by the 28th lol.

Dankus Memakus
2019-02-11, 10:52 AM
Yeah it can be frustrating. However at the end of december I believe they confirmed that it was coming out in February, so we know it'll be out by the 28th lol.

Well i guess i can take solace in that

Zanthy1
2019-02-11, 11:17 AM
Well i guess i can take solace in that

Yeah its something lol. Hopefully it'll be perfect as well

Tetrasodium
2019-02-11, 12:31 PM

September was when I started winding my campaign down in preparation to start a new one. I feel like this kid (https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3263/2633178140_787b5c72a6_z.jpg?zz=1) because the current batch of diversionary filler is going to be really hard to follow up, so much so that I'm debating if I can blame (minor& not at fault) car accident repairs for skipping a game next week just to drag it out... but given that we play less than a mile from my house at the house of one of my players, I'm not sure how I could possibly spin it.

Zanthy1
2019-02-11, 12:53 PM
September was when I started winding my campaign down in preparation to start a new one. I feel like this kid (https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3263/2633178140_787b5c72a6_z.jpg?zz=1) because the current batch of diversionary filler is going to be really hard to follow up, so much so that I'm debating if I can blame (minor& not at fault) car accident repairs for skipping a game next week just to drag it out... but given that we play less than a mile from my house at the house of one of my players, I'm not sure how I could possibly spin it.

Yeah its a rough time if it doesn't come out soon for many, my recommendation is let the players know you are waiting for it, and that they'll have to suffer with side quests and filler for the next session or two (possibly)

n00b
2019-02-11, 12:59 PM
There someone here that harasses Crawford on a fairly regular basis about an Artificer release date. I think Crawford finally said maybe the latter part of the month.

nickl_2000
2019-02-11, 01:06 PM
There someone here that harasses Crawford on a fairly regular basis about an Artificer release date. I think Crawford finally said maybe the latter part of the month.

Yup, I wouldn't count on it today.

Jeremy Crawford
@JeremyECrawford Jan 31
More
Replying to @jaa0109
The artificer is coming out in February. On Dragon+, I mentioned that it will likely be in the latter half of the month.

https://twitter.com/JeremyECrawford/status/1091056194423160833

Dankus Memakus
2019-02-11, 01:10 PM
Yup, I wouldn't count on it today.

Jeremy Crawford
@JeremyECrawford Jan 31
More
Replying to @jaa0109
The artificer is coming out in February. On Dragon+, I mentioned that it will likely be in the latter half of the month.

https://twitter.com/JeremyECrawford/status/1091056194423160833

Figures. Honestly the UA just shouldnt ever have a set day so nobodys hopes get up

Zanthy1
2019-02-11, 01:24 PM

I believe that is Jaapleton right? I must've missed that information about the latter part of the month.

Foxhound438
2019-02-11, 03:00 PM

nb4 the 28th comes and they're like "uhh, we're still working on it guys we just need some more time to polish it" and then the date's extended again until like mid april or something

n00b
2019-02-11, 03:04 PM
nb4 the 28th comes and they're like "uhh, we're still working on it guys we just need some more time to polish it" and then the date's extended again until like mid april or something

That would not surprise me in the least.

ATHATH
2019-02-11, 03:16 PM
I believe that is Jaapleton right? I must've missed that information about the latter part of the month.
He does at least seem to not want toxicity to be sent Crawford's way, which seems to paint his actions in a "holding someone to what they've said they'll do" light rather than a "harassment" light.

Smug Coffee Man
@smug_coffee_man
Feb 5
Replying to @JeremyECrawford and @jaa0109
Come on crawfish, we've been waiting for this revision forever. I know you're into cuckoldry but the rest of us aren't.

John Appleton
@jaa0109
Feb 5
Hey.

Not cool. Alright? Not the kind of behavior to exhibit in the community.

Smug Coffee Man
@smug_coffee_man
Feb 5
Who are you to tell me how to act or speak? Get out of here with that nonsense.

John Appleton
@jaa0109
Feb 5
I’m telling you not to be disrespectful. Not exactly a hard concept.

Tetrasodium
2019-02-11, 03:38 PM

There are two very good artificers made by the eberron community so wotc has something other than "well gee, in drizzt book XX & MTG card YY an artificer...." to draw from
adventurer's almanac (https://www.dmsguild.com/product/250836/The-Korranberg-Chronicle-Adventurers-Almanac), and I think artifice & invention (https://www.dmsguild.com/product/262775/Artifice--Invention--Magewright-Update3).

Daithi
2019-02-11, 06:17 PM
A couple days before last month's UA they announced there would be no UA for the month, but they would release the artificer in next month's UA (i.e. today's UA). Today comes along and I learn there is no UA... again.

It's annoying/disappointing.

ImperiousLeader
2019-02-11, 07:24 PM
I'm eagerly awaiting the Artificer too, but this is free content that isn't considered ready for print yet, so I shall try to be patient.

LudicSavant
2019-02-11, 07:32 PM
I'm just hoping that it's a more thematic design for the Eberron Artificer than the last couple of attempts they had on UA (which even the author of Eberron railed against as being inappropriate for the concept).

I'll happily wait patiently as long as they actually release a quality product. Though it's tough to get my hopes up after the previous attempts, I've still got my fingers crossed.

ImperiousLeader
2019-02-11, 08:44 PM
Yeah, they really need to make an Eberron Artificer, which the previous two iterations were not.

tmjr6
2019-02-11, 09:35 PM
From the twitter of Crawford himself, "The artificer is still on track to reappear in Unearthed Arcana this month. It’s going to be the last week. We’ll let you know when it’s out. Great to see so much anticipation! #DnD" Guess we have to wait a few more weeks.

Zanthy1
2019-02-12, 07:27 AM
From the twitter of Crawford himself, "The artificer is still on track to reappear in Unearthed Arcana this month. It’s going to be the last week. We’ll let you know when it’s out. Great to see so much anticipation! #DnD" Guess we have to wait a few more weeks.

Dang. Well the good news is its still on track. 2 more weeks then :/

Tetrasodium
2019-02-13, 12:29 PM
Dang. Well the good news is its still on track. 2 more weeks then :/

They are probably going to lunch it with across eberron (https://acrosseberron.com/convergence-manifesto/) & I'm hoping moregraves misc, so don't be too broken up while we wait.

Zanthy1
2019-02-13, 12:33 PM
They are probably going to lunch it with across eberron (Across Eberron: Convergence Manifesto) & I'm hoping moregraves misc, so don't be too broken up while we wait.

That linked text took me to a blank page :smallfrown:

Tetrasodium
2019-02-13, 12:43 PM
That linked text took me to a blank page :smallfrown:

oops... I pasted the title instead of link. I fixed it in an edit, bit this (https://acrosseberron.com/convergence-manifesto/) goes too... If not

Across Eberron: Convergence Manifesto
Across Eberron is a series of adventures for Dungeons & Dragons set in the Eberron campaign setting. Dungeon Masters and players can run the series using the Shared Campaigns (Xanathar’s Guide to Everything 172) rules or as a standalone campaign. These adventures play best when used in conjunction with the Wayfinder’s Guide to Eberron (WGtE) by Keith Baker, available on the Dungeon Masters Guild.

The first season, Convergence Manifesto, plays out over thirteen (13) parts as the characters–all members of the Clifftop Adventurers Guild–crisscross the continent of Khorvaire to retrieve items and magic associated with the thirteen planes of Eberron and their associated manifest zones. What purpose these items serve is a mystery to be revealed…

Across Eberron is edited by Wayne Chang, Laura Hirsbrunner, and Anthony Turco, along with executive producer Keith Baker, as an Eberron community project. Convergence Manifesto is available exclusively on the Dungeon Masters Guild beginning February 2019.

AE01-01 Fired and Forgotten by Imogen Gingell

AE01-02 Live Another Day by Dave Knighton

AE01-03 by David Morris

AE01-04 by Will Brolley and Mark Navarre-Jones

AE01-05 Perfect Timing by Derek Myers

AE01-06 by Jay Africa

AE01-07 In the Forests of the Night by Matthew Booth and Ed Chivers

AE01-08 March of Madness by Andrew Bishkinskyi and Christopher Sniezak

AE01-09 Weathering the Storm by Jarrod Taylor

AE01-10 A Heart in Mourning by Chad Justis and Aaron Killeen

AE01-11 by Patrick Dunning

AE01-12 Lost in Dreams by Nausicaä Enriquez